Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "miracle" does Cornelius receive from Malachi?
2. What type of accent does Rudolph have?
3. Mrs. Malloy suggests Cornelius not be what when ordering?
4. According to Malachi, what do more people want instead of breaking into homes?
5. What type of music does Cornelius request at the table?
Essay Topic 1
The lost purse is a turning point in The Matchmaker. Explain how this lost purse creates a power shift and why.
Essay Topic 2
Instead of exposing the fraud of Cornelius and Barnaby in Act 2, Mrs. Levi encourages it. Why does she do this?
Essay Topic 3
There are many characters in The Matchmaker who are not happy with their lot in life. Select one of the following characters and examine what the character is missing in life and why.
- Mrs. Malloy.
- Mrs. Levi.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)