|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ermengarde worried she is not being?
2. What is Minnie's original order?
3. Why can't Ermengarde prove her identity to her aunt?
4. Why does Malachi think Mr. Vandergelder wants to talk to the cabman?
5. What does Miss Van H. hit Mr. Vandergelder with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The lost purse is a turning point in The Matchmaker. Explain how this lost purse creates a power shift and why.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following characters and describe their physical appearance, relationship with others, and personal motivation.
- Mrs. Levi.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the different philosophies held by Mr. Vandergelder and Mrs. Levi regarding money.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)