|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item falls out of Mrs. Levi's Bible and changes her?
2. In Act 4, what does Miss. Van H. plan to serve her guests?
3. What's Malachi philosophy on liking an employer?
4. Why does Malachi think Mr. Vandergelder wants to talk to the cabman?
5. Where does Act 3 take place?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Miss Van H. and her lot in life. Why is this significant to the conclusion of The Matchmaker?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Harmonia Gardens Restaurant. How does this setting add to the conflict in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Instead of exposing the fraud of Cornelius and Barnaby in Act 2, Mrs. Levi encourages it. Why does she do this?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)