|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "miracle" does Cornelius receive from Malachi?
2. What type of accent does Rudolph have?
3. Mrs. Malloy suggests Cornelius not be what when ordering?
4. According to Malachi, what do more people want instead of breaking into homes?
5. What type of music does Cornelius request at the table?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Miss Van H. and her lot in life. Why is this significant to the conclusion of The Matchmaker?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between Mr. Vandergelder and one of the following characters in The Matchmaker.
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Vandergelder is looking for a wife in The Matchmaker. Compare and contrast the quality of relationship the following match would give him and why, based on examples from the text.
- Mr. Vandergelder and Mrs. Malloy.
- Mr. Vandergelder and Miss Simple.
- Mr. Vandergelder and Mrs. Levi.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)