|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Levi finds "pretty girls" unable to do what?
(a) "Speak ill of others."
(b) "Use their brain."
(c) "Attract a rich husband."
(d) "Improve their other advantages."
2. In Act 4, who do the real Ermengarde and Ambrose pretend to be?
(a) Mrs. Levi and Mrs. Malloy.
(b) Ermengarde and Mr. Vandergelder.
(c) Ermengarde and Barnaby.
(d) Ermengarde and Cornelius.
3. Cornelius thinks the adventure at the restaurant will put him where?
(a) In jail.
(b) On America's Most Wanted.
(c) In Mrs. Malloy's good graces.
(d) On television.
4. Whom does Cook want to call about Ermengarde's absence?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder.
(d) The police.
5. What name does Cornelius call Rudolph?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house does Mr. Vandergelder want the cabman to go?
2. What's Malachi philosophy on liking an employer?
3. In Act 4, what is the home filled with?
4. What does August do when Cornelius opens the champagne?
5. Where does Ermengarde plan to go after dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Malachi give a purse of money to Cornelius?
2. What does Miss Van H. see as an ultimate act of cruelty?
3. Why is Cornelius worried, upon taking Mrs. Malloy and Minnie out to dinner?
4. Why does Mrs. Malloy hesitate to return Mr. Vandergelder's purse?
5. Why does Miss Van H. want to help Cornelius?
6. What is Miss Van H.'s philosophy on life?
7. What set of young lovers is Mr. Vandergelder surprised to see at the restaurant and what is his reaction?
8. Who is the second group to show up at Miss Van H.'s house and how does Miss Van H. treat them?
9. Why does Miss Van H. decide to help the second group that shows up at her home, even though she is not sure who they are?
10. At the restaurant, what surprises Mrs. Malloy about Millie?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)