|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is August bringing champagne for?
(a) The mayor.
(c) His fiancé.
(d) The queen.
2. What does August do when Cornelius opens the champagne?
(a) Applauds his skill.
(b) Bursts into tears.
(c) Yells, "Opa!"
(d) Gives him a tip.
3. In Act 4, what gift from Mr. Vandergelder touches Mrs. Levi?
(a) The purse.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) French champagne.
4. What type of medicine does Miss Van H. use?
(d) Smelling salts.
5. For the young people, what is the only thing Miss Van H. cares about?
(a) They are in love.
(b) They are so fashionable.
(c) They are good looking.
(d) They mind their manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Malloy suggests Cornelius not be what when ordering?
2. In Act 3, how does the restaurant want to separate the tables?
3. What does Mr. Vandergelder give Cornelius?
4. What does Miss Van H. hit Mr. Vandergelder with?
5. In Act 4, what is the home filled with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What character change does Ermengarde demonstrate when Miss Van H. plans to leave her and Ambrose in the hall?
2. Why is Cornelius worried, upon taking Mrs. Malloy and Minnie out to dinner?
3. At the restaurant, what surprises Mrs. Malloy about Millie?
4. Who benefits and who loses from the lost purse of money?
5. Why are Cornelius and Barnaby delivered to Miss Van H.'s house?
6. Who is the second group to show up at Miss Van H.'s house and how does Miss Van H. treat them?
7. What does Miss Van H. see as an ultimate act of cruelty?
8. What set of young lovers is Mr. Vandergelder surprised to see at the restaurant and what is his reaction?
9. What does the money give Cornelius the courage to do?
10. What comedic mishap takes place with champagne?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)