|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Vandergelder give Cornelius?
(a) Business partnership.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) A box of chocolates.
(d) A bottle of French champagne.
2. What former weakness does Malachi confess to the audience?
3. How many entrances are available in Act 3?
4. What's Malachi philosophy on liking an employer?
(a) You have to work at it.
(b) It's easy.
(c) It's impossible.
(d) It's duty for every man.
5. For the young people, what is the only thing Miss Van H. cares about?
(a) They mind their manners.
(b) They are so fashionable.
(c) They are in love.
(d) They are good looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, what does Miss. Van H. plan to serve her guests?
2. In Act 4, what type of dancing does Minnie re-enact?
3. Why does Malachi think Mr. Vandergelder wants to talk to the cabman?
4. How is Rudolph described?
5. What name does Cornelius call Rudolph?
Short Essay Questions
1. What actions show Miss Van H. to be an eccentric character?
2. Why does Barnaby protest the bath offered by Miss Van H.?
3. What does Miss Van H. see as an ultimate act of cruelty?
4. Why does Malachi give a purse of money to Cornelius?
5. What comedic mishap takes place with champagne?
6. Why is Mrs. Malloy's comment about extravagance at dinner ironic?
7. What set of young lovers is Mr. Vandergelder surprised to see at the restaurant and what is his reaction?
8. Why does Miss Van H. want to help Cornelius?
9. What type of seating arrangement does Mr. Vandergelder request at the restaurant, at the beginning of Act 3?
10. Why does Mrs. Malloy hesitate to return Mr. Vandergelder's purse?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)