|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, who do the real Ermengarde and Ambrose pretend to be?
(a) Mrs. Levi and Mrs. Malloy.
(b) Ermengarde and Mr. Vandergelder.
(c) Ermengarde and Barnaby.
(d) Ermengarde and Cornelius.
2. What does Mr. Vandergelder order in advance?
3. To whom does Mr. Vandergelder propose?
(a) Mrs. Levi.
(c) Mrs. Malloy.
(d) Miss Van H.
4. In Act 3, why does Mrs. Levi say kind things about Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) She's unable to be unkind.
(b) He pays her to do it.
(c) She hopes he'll become kind.
(d) She knows he's listening.
5. What is Mrs. Levi's maiden name?
(a) Rachel Gilcroy.
(b) Dolly Gallagher.
(c) Bernice Scott.
(d) Emily Vandergelder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Van H. tries to pamper "Ermengarde" with what?
2. Mr. Vandergelder is described as smelling of what?
3. Initially, Mrs. Malloy scolds Cornelius for what behavior?
4. In Act 4, what continues to panic Miss Van H.?
5. What's Malachi philosophy on liking an employer?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)