|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Cabman's horse?
(a) Old Mare.
2. Whom does Cook want to call about Ermengarde's absence?
(c) The police.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder.
3. What does Mr. Vandergelder order in advance?
4. In Act 3, how does the restaurant want to separate the tables?
(a) The band.
(c) A koi pond.
(d) A screen.
5. Miss Van H. tells the men not to worry about what mistake?
(a) Who is who.
(b) Spilling coffee.
(c) Misleading their brides.
(d) Forgetting her birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, why does Mrs. Levi say kind things about Mr. Vandergelder?
2. In Act 4, Mr. Vandergelder compliments Mrs. Levi by calling her?
3. Mrs. Malloy suggests Cornelius not be what when ordering?
4. Why does Malachi think Mr. Vandergelder wants to talk to the cabman?
5. What does Mrs. Levi want from Mr. Vandergelder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Miss Van H.'s philosophy on life?
2. What does Mrs. Levi do when she realizes Mr. Vandergelder is spying on her, Ermengarde, and Ambrose?
3. Why does Miss Van H. decide to help the second group that shows up at her home, even though she is not sure who they are?
4. What does Miss Van H. see as an ultimate act of cruelty?
5. What does Mrs. Malloy do at the restaurant that makes her feel young?
6. Why does Barnaby protest the bath offered by Miss Van H.?
7. What type of unwanted advice does Malachi deliver at the beginning of Act 3?
8. What surprising acts of kindness are demonstrated by Mr. Vandergelder at the end of Act 4?
9. Who is the second group to show up at Miss Van H.'s house and how does Miss Van H. treat them?
10. Why does Miss Van H. want to help Cornelius?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)