|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, what type of dancing does Minnie re-enact?
(a) The waltz.
(b) The two step.
(c) The ballet.
(d) The samba.
2. To what does Malachi compare being employed?
(a) A joyful journey.
(b) A prison sentence.
(d) Being loved.
3. In Act 4, Mr. Vandergelder compliments Mrs. Levi by calling her?
(a) An excellent thief.
(b) A penny pincher.
(c) An awful liar.
(d) A wonderful woman.
4. Whom does Cook want to call about Ermengarde's absence?
(b) Mr. Vandergelder.
(d) The police.
5. In Act 4, what gift from Mr. Vandergelder touches Mrs. Levi?
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) French champagne.
(d) The purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item falls out of Mrs. Levi's Bible and changes her?
2. Where does Ermengarde plan to go after dinner?
3. What is Minnie's original order?
4. In Act 4, who do the real Ermengarde and Ambrose pretend to be?
5. Miss Van H. tries to pamper "Ermengarde" with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the cabman worried about, based on Mr. Vandergelder's request?
2. What does the money give Cornelius the courage to do?
3. What does Mrs. Levi do when she realizes Mr. Vandergelder is spying on her, Ermengarde, and Ambrose?
4. What type of seating arrangement does Mr. Vandergelder request at the restaurant, at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What surprising acts of kindness are demonstrated by Mr. Vandergelder at the end of Act 4?
6. What set of young lovers is Mr. Vandergelder surprised to see at the restaurant and what is his reaction?
7. Why is Ermengarde worried about being in a restaurant with Ambrose?
8. What is Miss Van H.'s philosophy on life?
9. Why does Miss Van H. want to help Cornelius?
10. Why are Cornelius and Barnaby delivered to Miss Van H.'s house?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)