|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Malachi, what do more people want instead of breaking into homes?
(a) To rob banks.
(b) To break into offices.
(c) To pick pockets.
(d) To break out.
2. Miss Van H. tells the men not to worry about what mistake?
(a) Spilling coffee.
(b) Misleading their brides.
(c) Who is who.
(d) Forgetting her birthday.
3. What does Miss Van H. demand Mr. Vandergelder do to the guests?
(a) Shake their hands.
(b) Feed them.
(c) Offer them drinks.
(d) Kick them out.
4. In Act 4, what does Miss. Van H. plan to serve her guests?
(a) Chicken and spirits.
(b) Whiskey and crackers.
(c) Coffee and gingerbread.
(d) Tea and cake.
5. Whom does Miss Van H. mistake for Ermengarde and Ambrose?
(a) Mrs. Levi and Mr. Vandergelder.
(b) Ambrose and Mrs. Malloy.
(c) Cornelius and Barnaby.
(d) Ermengarde and Barnaby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What former weakness does Malachi confess to the audience?
2. Miss Van H. feels it is difficult to be what?
3. In Act 3, how does the restaurant want to separate the tables?
4. Why can't Ermengarde prove her identity to her aunt?
5. Mrs. Malloy suggests Cornelius not be what when ordering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Van H. see as an ultimate act of cruelty?
2. What is Miss Van H.'s philosophy on life?
3. Who benefits and who loses from the lost purse of money?
4. What does Mrs. Levi do when she realizes Mr. Vandergelder is spying on her, Ermengarde, and Ambrose?
5. What does Miss Van H. offer to do Barnaby to prevent him from getting cold in the bath and why is this comedic?
6. Why does Mrs. Malloy hesitate to return Mr. Vandergelder's purse?
7. Why does Barnaby protest the bath offered by Miss Van H.?
8. Who is the second group to show up at Miss Van H.'s house and how does Miss Van H. treat them?
9. Why does Malachi give a purse of money to Cornelius?
10. Why does Miss Van H. decide to help the second group that shows up at her home, even though she is not sure who they are?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)