|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Vandergelder lack in Act 4?
(a) Proper attire.
(b) His overcoat.
(c) A ticket for the show.
(d) His purse of money.
2. What type of music does Cornelius request at the table?
(a) A marching band.
(b) A German band.
(c) The banjo player.
(d) A violinist.
3. Why does Malachi think Mr. Vandergelder wants to talk to the cabman?
(a) For directions.
(b) For advice.
(c) He looks like a relative.
(d) To buy a cab company.
4. What does Miss Van H. demand Mr. Vandergelder do to the guests?
(a) Offer them drinks.
(b) Feed them.
(c) Shake their hands.
(d) Kick them out.
5. How is August described?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, whose clothes is Barnaby wearing?
2. In Act 3, Mr. Vandergelder asks for a table that seats how many?
3. What does Mr. Vandergelder give Cornelius?
4. At the beginning of Act 4, how does Miss Van H. feel about life?
5. What "miracle" does Cornelius receive from Malachi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of unwanted advice does Malachi deliver at the beginning of Act 3?
2. Who is the second group to show up at Miss Van H.'s house and how does Miss Van H. treat them?
3. What does Mrs. Malloy do at the restaurant that makes her feel young?
4. What actions show Miss Van H. to be an eccentric character?
5. Why is Ermengarde worried about being in a restaurant with Ambrose?
6. Was Mrs. Levi successful in her schemes from the beginning of the play? Why or why not?
7. Why does Malachi give a purse of money to Cornelius?
8. What does Miss Van H. think when Cornelius insists he is not who she thinks he is?
9. Why does Miss Van H. want to help Cornelius?
10. Who benefits and who loses from the lost purse of money?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)