|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Van H. demand Mr. Vandergelder do to the guests?
(a) Feed them.
(b) Shake their hands.
(c) Offer them drinks.
(d) Kick them out.
2. Who does Mrs. Levi introduce to Miss Van H.?
(a) Mrs. Malloy and Minnie.
(b) Ambrose and Cornelius.
(c) Mr. Vandergelder and Ermengarde.
(d) Cornelius and Barnaby.
3. In Act 3, Mr. Vandergelder asks for a table that seats how many?
4. What type of medicine does Miss Van H. use?
(d) Smelling salts.
5. Where does Miss Van H. tell "Ambrose" to warm his feet?
(a) Her bed.
(b) The oven.
(c) The fire.
(d) Her slippers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ermengarde, where does nothing happen?
2. What "miracle" does Cornelius receive from Malachi?
3. In Act 4, what does Mr. Vandergelder tell Mrs. Levi she has?
4. In Act 3, why does Mrs. Levi say kind things about Mr. Vandergelder?
5. What type of accent does Rudolph have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the money give Cornelius the courage to do?
2. What does Mrs. Levi do when she realizes Mr. Vandergelder is spying on her, Ermengarde, and Ambrose?
3. What character change does Ermengarde demonstrate when Miss Van H. plans to leave her and Ambrose in the hall?
4. What does Miss Van H. think when Cornelius insists he is not who she thinks he is?
5. Why is Cornelius worried, upon taking Mrs. Malloy and Minnie out to dinner?
6. What does Mrs. Malloy do at the restaurant that makes her feel young?
7. Why is Ermengarde worried about being in a restaurant with Ambrose?
8. What actions show Miss Van H. to be an eccentric character?
9. Why does Miss Van H. decide to help the second group that shows up at her home, even though she is not sure who they are?
10. Who is the second group to show up at Miss Van H.'s house and how does Miss Van H. treat them?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)