|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house does Mr. Vandergelder want the cabman to go?
(a) Mr. Scott's.
(b) Mr. Vandergelder's.
(c) Miss Flora Van Huysen's.
2. Miss Van H. tells the men not to worry about what mistake?
(a) Spilling coffee.
(b) Forgetting her birthday.
(c) Who is who.
(d) Misleading their brides.
3. What bothers Mr. Vandergelder about letters?
(a) They are impersonal.
(b) Everyone is dear.
(c) Everyone writes to him.
(d) Nobody writes to him.
4. What type of accent does Rudolph have?
5. What is Mrs. Levi's maiden name?
(a) Dolly Gallagher.
(b) Bernice Scott.
(c) Emily Vandergelder.
(d) Rachel Gilcroy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Mr. Vandergelder asks for a table that seats how many?
2. What's Malachi philosophy on liking an employer?
3. Why does Mrs. Malloy kiss Barnaby?
4. Why can't Ermengarde prove her identity to her aunt?
5. Whom does Cook want to call about Ermengarde's absence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ermengarde worried about being in a restaurant with Ambrose?
2. What is the cabman worried about, based on Mr. Vandergelder's request?
3. Why does Miss Van H. decide to help the second group that shows up at her home, even though she is not sure who they are?
4. Why does Barnaby protest the bath offered by Miss Van H.?
5. Why does Miss Van H. want to help Cornelius?
6. Why does Mrs. Malloy hesitate to return Mr. Vandergelder's purse?
7. At the restaurant, what surprises Mrs. Malloy about Millie?
8. What type of unwanted advice does Malachi deliver at the beginning of Act 3?
9. What does Miss Van H. think when Cornelius insists he is not who she thinks he is?
10. What does Mrs. Malloy do at the restaurant that makes her feel young?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)