|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Van H. demand Mr. Vandergelder do to the guests?
(a) Kick them out.
(b) Feed them.
(c) Shake their hands.
(d) Offer them drinks.
2. What is the name of the Cabman's horse?
(d) Old Mare.
3. What former weakness does Malachi confess to the audience?
4. To what does Malachi compare being employed?
(a) Being loved.
(b) A joyful journey.
(d) A prison sentence.
5. In Act 4, whose clothes is Barnaby wearing?
(a) Mrs. Malloy's.
(c) Mr. Vandergelder's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Mr. Vandergelder still carry in Act 4?
2. What does Mrs. Malloy want to give to Minnie's hair?
3. When surprised at the restaurant, Malachi suggests Mr. Vandergelder do what?
4. What is Mrs. Levi's maiden name?
5. In Act 4, what does Mrs. Levi take from Mrs. Malloy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What set of young lovers is Mr. Vandergelder surprised to see at the restaurant and what is his reaction?
2. What does Mrs. Malloy do at the restaurant that makes her feel young?
3. What surprising acts of kindness are demonstrated by Mr. Vandergelder at the end of Act 4?
4. Why is Mrs. Malloy's comment about extravagance at dinner ironic?
5. What type of unwanted advice does Malachi deliver at the beginning of Act 3?
6. What does Mrs. Levi do when she realizes Mr. Vandergelder is spying on her, Ermengarde, and Ambrose?
7. Why is Ermengarde worried about being in a restaurant with Ambrose?
8. What is the cabman worried about, based on Mr. Vandergelder's request?
9. Why is Cornelius worried, upon taking Mrs. Malloy and Minnie out to dinner?
10. At the restaurant, what surprises Mrs. Malloy about Millie?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)