|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 3 take place?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder's local diner.
(b) Steak Gardens.
(c) Harmonia Gardens Restaurant.
(d) Central Park Restaurant.
2. According to Malachi, what do more people want instead of breaking into homes?
(a) To break into offices.
(b) To rob banks.
(c) To break out.
(d) To pick pockets.
3. Where does Miss Van H. tell "Ambrose" to warm his feet?
(a) Her bed.
(b) Her slippers.
(c) The fire.
(d) The oven.
4. According to Ermengarde, where does nothing happen?
(c) New York.
5. What is Mrs. Levi's maiden name?
(a) Bernice Scott.
(b) Dolly Gallagher.
(c) Rachel Gilcroy.
(d) Emily Vandergelder.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Mr. Vandergelder compliments Mrs. Levi by calling her?
2. Why does Cornelius knock over a table?
3. How many entrances are available in Act 3?
4. What does Mr. Vandergelder give Cornelius?
5. What type of medicine does Miss Van H. use?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cornelius worried, upon taking Mrs. Malloy and Minnie out to dinner?
2. Who is the second group to show up at Miss Van H.'s house and how does Miss Van H. treat them?
3. Why does Miss Van H. decide to help the second group that shows up at her home, even though she is not sure who they are?
4. Why does Barnaby protest the bath offered by Miss Van H.?
5. Was Mrs. Levi successful in her schemes from the beginning of the play? Why or why not?
6. What character change does Ermengarde demonstrate when Miss Van H. plans to leave her and Ambrose in the hall?
7. What does Mrs. Malloy do at the restaurant that makes her feel young?
8. What does Miss Van H. offer to do Barnaby to prevent him from getting cold in the bath and why is this comedic?
9. What surprising acts of kindness are demonstrated by Mr. Vandergelder at the end of Act 4?
10. What does the money give Cornelius the courage to do?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)