|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, what pair of lovers does Mr. Vandergelder forgive?
(a) Minnie and Barnaby.
(b) Cornelius and Mrs. Malloy.
(c) Ermengarde and Ambrose.
(d) Ermengarde and Barnaby.
2. What type of accent does Rudolph have?
3. What does Mr. Vandergelder lack in Act 4?
(a) Proper attire.
(b) His overcoat.
(c) His purse of money.
(d) A ticket for the show.
4. To what does Mrs. Levi compare money?
(b) Fresh leaves.
5. To what does Malachi compare being employed?
(a) A prison sentence.
(b) Being loved.
(c) A joyful journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Vandergelder give Cornelius?
2. What's Malachi philosophy on liking an employer?
3. For the young people, what is the only thing Miss Van H. cares about?
4. Who is Mr. Vandergelder surprised to see together in Act 3?
5. In Act 4, who do the real Ermengarde and Ambrose pretend to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Malloy hesitate to return Mr. Vandergelder's purse?
2. What actions show Miss Van H. to be an eccentric character?
3. Who is the second group to show up at Miss Van H.'s house and how does Miss Van H. treat them?
4. Why does Malachi give a purse of money to Cornelius?
5. What does Mrs. Levi do when she realizes Mr. Vandergelder is spying on her, Ermengarde, and Ambrose?
6. What is Miss Van H.'s philosophy on life?
7. What set of young lovers is Mr. Vandergelder surprised to see at the restaurant and what is his reaction?
8. Was Mrs. Levi successful in her schemes from the beginning of the play? Why or why not?
9. Who benefits and who loses from the lost purse of money?
10. Why is Cornelius worried, upon taking Mrs. Malloy and Minnie out to dinner?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)