|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is August described?
2. What does Mr. Vandergelder give Cornelius?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) A bottle of French champagne.
(c) Business partnership.
(d) A box of chocolates.
3. What type of music does Cornelius request at the table?
(a) A violinist.
(b) The banjo player.
(c) A marching band.
(d) A German band.
4. Miss Van H. tells the men not to worry about what mistake?
(a) Who is who.
(b) Spilling coffee.
(c) Misleading their brides.
(d) Forgetting her birthday.
5. Why does Cornelius knock over a table?
(a) He does not like his dinner.
(b) Mrs. Malloy tells him to.
(c) He gets angry at Malachi.
(d) To punctuate a joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, what does Mr. Vandergelder tell Mrs. Levi she has?
2. Why does Cornelius say he will not dance?
3. What type of accent does Rudolph have?
4. Whom does Cornelius toast?
5. What's Malachi philosophy on liking an employer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Mrs. Levi successful in her schemes from the beginning of the play? Why or why not?
2. Who benefits and who loses from the lost purse of money?
3. What does the money give Cornelius the courage to do?
4. Why does Malachi give a purse of money to Cornelius?
5. What does Mrs. Levi do when she realizes Mr. Vandergelder is spying on her, Ermengarde, and Ambrose?
6. What comedic mishap takes place with champagne?
7. Why is Cornelius worried, upon taking Mrs. Malloy and Minnie out to dinner?
8. What type of seating arrangement does Mr. Vandergelder request at the restaurant, at the beginning of Act 3?
9. Why does Barnaby protest the bath offered by Miss Van H.?
10. What does Miss Van H. offer to do Barnaby to prevent him from getting cold in the bath and why is this comedic?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)