|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ermengarde, where does nothing happen?
(a) New York.
2. Mrs. Malloy suggests Cornelius not be what when ordering?
3. How many entrances are available in Act 3?
4. In Act 4, what gift from Mr. Vandergelder touches Mrs. Levi?
(a) The purse.
(b) An engagement ring.
(d) French champagne.
5. What item falls out of Mrs. Levi's Bible and changes her?
(a) Smelling salts.
(b) An oak leaf.
(c) A lost ring.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Malachi compare being employed?
2. What does Mr. Vandergelder order in advance?
3. To what does Mrs. Levi compare money?
4. Whom does Cornelius toast?
5. Who is Mr. Vandergelder surprised to see together in Act 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comedic mishap takes place with champagne?
2. What does the money give Cornelius the courage to do?
3. What does Miss Van H. see as an ultimate act of cruelty?
4. At the restaurant, what surprises Mrs. Malloy about Millie?
5. Why does Mrs. Malloy hesitate to return Mr. Vandergelder's purse?
6. Why is Cornelius worried, upon taking Mrs. Malloy and Minnie out to dinner?
7. What does Miss Van H. offer to do Barnaby to prevent him from getting cold in the bath and why is this comedic?
8. Why does Miss Van H. want to help Cornelius?
9. What does Miss Van H. think when Cornelius insists he is not who she thinks he is?
10. What does Mrs. Malloy do at the restaurant that makes her feel young?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)