|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Vandergelder is described as smelling of what?
(a) Brownies and kerosene.
(b) Oats and axle grease.
(c) Yeast and menthol.
(d) Beans and gasoline.
2. What drink does Mr. Vandergelder order in advance?
(a) A cosmo.
(b) Black Russian.
(d) A martini.
3. Why can't Ermengarde prove her identity to her aunt?
(a) She does not have the letter.
(b) Imposters are already at the home.
(c) They have never met.
(d) All of these.
4. What type of accent does Rudolph have?
5. Whom does Cook want to call about Ermengarde's absence?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many entrances and exits are available in Act 4?
2. Where does Act 3 take place?
3. Whose house does Mr. Vandergelder want the cabman to go?
4. In Act 4, whose clothes is Barnaby wearing?
5. Mrs. Levi finds "pretty girls" unable to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the restaurant, what surprises Mrs. Malloy about Millie?
2. Why does Malachi give a purse of money to Cornelius?
3. Why does Miss Van H. decide to help the second group that shows up at her home, even though she is not sure who they are?
4. Was Mrs. Levi successful in her schemes from the beginning of the play? Why or why not?
5. What is the cabman worried about, based on Mr. Vandergelder's request?
6. Why does Mrs. Malloy hesitate to return Mr. Vandergelder's purse?
7. What does Miss Van H. see as an ultimate act of cruelty?
8. Why is Ermengarde worried about being in a restaurant with Ambrose?
9. What character change does Ermengarde demonstrate when Miss Van H. plans to leave her and Ambrose in the hall?
10. Who benefits and who loses from the lost purse of money?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)