|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives away Cornelius and Barnaby's hiding place?
(a) A nosy dog.
(b) Cornelius' laughter.
(c) The maid's discovery.
(d) Barnaby's sneeze.
2. Mrs. Malloy ask Cornelius to take her where?
(a) Harmonia Gardens Restaurant.
(b) Tavern on the Green.
(c) Central Park.
(d) The symphony.
3. Who reveals Ermengarde's whereabouts at the beginning of Act 1?
(d) Mr. Vandergelder.
4. Mrs. Malloy asks Minnie to put what on an ugly hat?
(a) A sponge.
(b) A feather.
5. How old does Mr. Vandergelder think Cornelius is?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Vandergelder suggests Mrs. Malloy's workers deserve what?
2. Who are Cornelius and Barnaby hiding from in Act 2?
3. Whom does Mr. Vandergelder reveal he will propose to?
4. Where does Cornelius sleep at night?
5. How old is Ermengarde?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Miss Van H. decide to help the second group that shows up at her home, even though she is not sure who they are?
2. What task does Mr. Vandergelder give Malachi to complete?
3. Who is the second group to show up at Miss Van H.'s house and how does Miss Van H. treat them?
4. Why does Mr. Vandergelder disapprove of his niece's suitor?
5. Why is Cornelius worried, upon taking Mrs. Malloy and Minnie out to dinner?
6. At the restaurant, what surprises Mrs. Malloy about Millie?
7. What does Mrs. Malloy plan to say to Mr. Vandergelder's marriage proposal?
8. At what point does Cornelius admit he and Barnaby are having an adventure? How?
9. Describe the character Malachi.
10. Describe the character Mrs. Levi.
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)