|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Levi says Mr. Vandergelder must do what by the end of the week?
(a) Sell his shop.
(b) Get married.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Pay her back.
2. How many entrances exist in Act 1?
3. What does Mrs. Levi suffer from?
(c) A desire to see others in love.
4. According to Mrs. Malloy, marriage offers excellent _______.
5. Mrs. Levi claims she will get what out of helping Ambrose and Ermengarde?
(a) A tip from Mr. Vandergelder.
(b) Vicarious romance.
(c) Profit and pleasure.
(d) Revenge on Mr. Vandergelder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ambrose tells Ermengarde she has the soul of a what?
2. What does Mr. Vandergelder smoke at the beginning of the play?
3. What gives away Cornelius and Barnaby's hiding place?
4. How many entrance doorways are there in Act 2?
5. Where does Mrs. Levi instruct Mr. Vandergelder to meet his should-be bride?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprising acts of kindness are demonstrated by Mr. Vandergelder at the end of Act 4?
2. How does Cornelius feel about Mrs. Malloy in Act 2? At what point is this revealed?
3. What does Miss Van H. offer to do Barnaby to prevent him from getting cold in the bath and why is this comedic?
4. What worries Minnie about Mr. Vandergelder's potential marriage proposal?
5. Why does Mrs. Malloy hesitate to return Mr. Vandergelder's purse?
6. What does the money give Cornelius the courage to do?
7. Why are Cornelius and Barnaby delivered to Miss Van H.'s house?
8. At the restaurant, what surprises Mrs. Malloy about Millie?
9. Was Mrs. Levi successful in her schemes from the beginning of the play? Why or why not?
10. What does Mrs. Malloy plan to say to Mr. Vandergelder's marriage proposal?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)