|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Vandergelder suggests Mrs. Malloy's workers deserve what?
(a) A wage increase.
(b) Free merchandise.
(c) A wage decrease.
(d) A bonus.
2. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be bride's father is a what?
3. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be wife wears what?
(a) Tablecloths and window curtains.
(b) Custom-made gowns.
(c) Finest silks and ribbons.
(d) Trousers and men's shirts.
4. What kind of bag does Mr. Vandergelder own?
(a) Carpet Brand.
(c) Louis Vuitton.
(d) Swiss Army.
5. What does Malachi claim to want from Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) An endorsement of his art.
(b) His daughter's hand.
(c) An apprenticeship.
(d) A scholarship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Vandergelder take back from Mrs. Malloy?
2. In Act 1, who shaves Mr. Vandergelder?
3. What does Mr. Vandergelder smoke at the beginning of the play?
4. In Act 1, Mr. Vandergelder informs Joe of what secret?
5. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be wife is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the attire worn by Mr. Vandergelder to woo Mrs. Malloy, as well as the gift he brings for her.
2. What worries Minnie about Mr. Vandergelder's potential marriage proposal?
3. What conversation between Minnie and Mrs. Malloy mirrors a conversation between Barnaby and Cornelius?
4. What confusion begins when Cornelius and Barnaby enter the hat store and lie?
5. How does Mrs. Malloy feel about being a milliner?
6. Who is the second group to show up at Miss Van H.'s house and how does Miss Van H. treat them?
7. What set of young lovers is Mr. Vandergelder surprised to see at the restaurant and what is his reaction?
8. What is Mr. Vandergelder's excuse for not promoting Cornelius to anything of significance?
9. What has Mrs. Levi discovered about Mr. Vandergelder and what does she plan to do about it?
10. Who builds up Cornelius to be a legend, confusing both Mrs. Malloy and Mr. Vandergelder? Why?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)