|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, what outsider finds Cornelius and Barnaby hiding?
(c) Mrs. Levi.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder.
2. In Act 2, Cornelius praises what in his speech to the audience?
3. What size is the hat Barnaby wears in Act 2?
4. According to Mrs. Malloy, ribbons will be worn how?
(a) Not at all.
(b) On a dress.
(c) Down the back.
(d) In the hair.
5. What type of hat does Cornelius wear in Act 2?
(a) A baseball cap.
(b) A bowler hat.
(c) A cowboy hat.
(d) A straw hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be wife wears what?
2. What does Mr. Vandergelder smoke at the beginning of the play?
3. Mr. Vandergelder is Ermengarde's what?
4. What does Mrs. Malloy do to Cornelius and Barnaby's hats?
5. What type of store does Mrs. Molloy own?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character Ambrose.
2. How do Cornelius and Barnaby describe Mr. Vandergelder to Mrs. Malloy?
3. How does Mr. Vandergelder's disapproval affect the marriage of his niece?
4. What does Mrs. Malloy tell Minnie the best part of marriage is?
5. Who builds up Cornelius to be a legend, confusing both Mrs. Malloy and Mr. Vandergelder? Why?
6. What does Cornelius do to ensure he can get the time off work to go to New York?
7. What task does Mr. Vandergelder give Malachi to complete?
8. How does Cornelius feel about Mrs. Malloy in Act 2? At what point is this revealed?
9. Describe the attire worn by Mr. Vandergelder to woo Mrs. Malloy, as well as the gift he brings for her.
10. What big plans does Mr. Vandergelder have at the beginning of The Matchmaker?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)