|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, who shaves Mr. Vandergelder?
(b) Joe Scanlon.
(d) Ambrose Kemper.
2. What is the code word for adventure?
(a) Whipped cream.
(c) Apple pie.
3. In Act 2, whom does Cornelius develop feelings for?
(a) Mrs. Malloy.
(b) Mrs. Levi.
(d) His wife.
4. Who reveals Ermengarde's whereabouts at the beginning of Act 1?
(d) Mr. Vandergelder.
5. What position does Cornelius hold?
(b) Store manager.
(c) Head clerk.
(d) Administrative assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cornelius hope to do to Mrs. Malloy?
2. Mr. Vandergelder is Ermengarde's what?
3. According to Mrs. Malloy, marriage offers excellent _______.
4. At the opening of the play, what do Ambrose and Mr. Vandergelder fight about?
5. In Act 2, who claims to find Mr. Vandergelder unattractive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation between Minnie and Mrs. Malloy mirrors a conversation between Barnaby and Cornelius?
2. Why does Mr. Vandergelder disapprove of his niece's suitor?
3. Mrs. Levi tries to convince Ambrose to get Mr. Vandergelder's blessing. Why?
4. What task does Mr. Vandergelder give Malachi to complete?
5. Describe the character Mrs. Levi.
6. Who builds up Cornelius to be a legend, confusing both Mrs. Malloy and Mr. Vandergelder? Why?
7. Describe the attire worn by Mr. Vandergelder to woo Mrs. Malloy, as well as the gift he brings for her.
8. What does Mrs. Malloy plan to say to Mr. Vandergelder's marriage proposal?
9. How does Cornelius feel about Mrs. Malloy in Act 2? At what point is this revealed?
10. How does Mrs. Malloy feel about being a milliner?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)