|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, whom does Cornelius develop feelings for?
(a) Mrs. Levi.
(b) Mrs. Malloy.
(c) His wife.
2. According to Mrs. Malloy, ribbons will be worn how?
(a) In the hair.
(b) On a dress.
(c) Down the back.
(d) Not at all.
3. Ambrose is in what mood at the beginning of Act 1?
4. Mrs. Malloy ask Cornelius to take her where?
(a) Harmonia Gardens Restaurant.
(b) The symphony.
(c) Tavern on the Green.
(d) Central Park.
5. Mrs. Levi claims she will get what out of helping Ambrose and Ermengarde?
(a) Profit and pleasure.
(b) A tip from Mr. Vandergelder.
(c) Vicarious romance.
(d) Revenge on Mr. Vandergelder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yonkers is how many miles north of New York City?
2. What person do Cornelius and Mrs. Malloy have in common?
3. What does Cornelius want Mrs. Malloy to think of him?
4. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be wife wears what?
5. "Marriage is a bribe designed to make a housekeeper think she's..." what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Vandergelder disapprove of his niece's suitor?
2. What display of emotion is shown by Mrs. Malloy at the end of Act 2, and why?
3. Why is Mrs. Malloy annoyed by her reputation?
4. How does Mrs. Malloy feel about being a milliner?
5. How does Cornelius plan to stay in the store without buying a hat?
6. Who builds up Cornelius to be a legend, confusing both Mrs. Malloy and Mr. Vandergelder? Why?
7. At what point does Cornelius admit he and Barnaby are having an adventure? How?
8. What conversation between Minnie and Mrs. Malloy mirrors a conversation between Barnaby and Cornelius?
9. How do Cornelius and Barnaby describe Mr. Vandergelder to Mrs. Malloy?
10. What confusion begins when Cornelius and Barnaby enter the hat store and lie?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)