|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Mr. Vandergelder give to Mrs. Malloy?
(a) A hat.
(c) A dress.
(d) A box of chocolates.
2. What gives away Cornelius and Barnaby's hiding place?
(a) A nosy dog.
(b) Cornelius' laughter.
(c) Barnaby's sneeze.
(d) The maid's discovery.
3. According to Mrs. Malloy, people think milliners are what?
4. Ambrose is in what mood at the beginning of Act 1?
5. How many entrances exist in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be wife eats what?
2. What size is the hat Barnaby wears in Act 2?
3. In what city does Act 2 take place?
4. What makes Cornelius and Barnaby sneeze?
5. Who reveals Ermengarde's whereabouts at the beginning of Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Malloy tell Minnie the best part of marriage is?
2. Prior to Cornelius and Barnaby entering the hat shop, who does Mrs. Malloy claim and why?
3. What is Mr. Vandergelder's philosophy on people in the world and what is his history with this diagnosis?
4. How do Cornelius and Barnaby describe Mr. Vandergelder to Mrs. Malloy?
5. At what point does Cornelius admit he and Barnaby are having an adventure? How?
6. Describe the character Malachi.
7. What task does Mr. Vandergelder give Malachi to complete?
8. How does Cornelius feel about Mrs. Malloy in Act 2? At what point is this revealed?
9. Why do Cornelius and Barnaby enter the hat store?
10. Describe the attire worn by Mr. Vandergelder to woo Mrs. Malloy, as well as the gift he brings for her.
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)