|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims she will marry Mr. Vandergelder, if asked?
(b) Mrs. Malloy.
(c) Mrs. Levi.
2. In Act 1, who shaves Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) Joe Scanlon.
(b) Ambrose Kemper.
3. Where does Cornelius sleep at night?
(a) His car.
(b) The Biltmore Hotel.
(c) Mr. Vandergelder's bran room.
(d) Wherever he can.
4. What type of straw does Mrs. Malloy offer Cornelius?
5. When do Mrs. Levi and Mr. Vandergelder plan to meet outside Mrs. Malloy's store?
(a) 4:30 p.m.
(c) 5:00 p.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Levi accidentally give to Ambrose?
2. In Act 2, Mrs. Malloy covers for whom?
3. Mr. Vandergelder is Ermengarde's what?
4. What person do Cornelius and Mrs. Malloy have in common?
5. What does Joe refuse to do, even for fifty cents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mr. Vandergelder's philosophy on people in the world and what is his history with this diagnosis?
2. Why is Mrs. Malloy annoyed by her reputation?
3. What confusion begins when Cornelius and Barnaby enter the hat store and lie?
4. Why does Mr. Vandergelder disapprove of his niece's suitor?
5. At what point does Cornelius admit he and Barnaby are having an adventure? How?
6. Describe the character Mrs. Levi.
7. How do Cornelius and Barnaby describe Mr. Vandergelder to Mrs. Malloy?
8. What does Cornelius do to ensure he can get the time off work to go to New York?
9. What display of emotion is shown by Mrs. Malloy at the end of Act 2, and why?
10. What does Mrs. Malloy tell Minnie the best part of marriage is?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)