|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Malloy ask Cornelius to take her where?
(a) Central Park.
(b) Harmonia Gardens Restaurant.
(c) The symphony.
(d) Tavern on the Green.
2. Mr. Vandergelder is Ermengarde's what?
3. In Act 1, whom does Mrs. Levi say she hoped Mr. Vandergelder would marry?
(a) Ernesta Plain.
(b) Courtenay Marie.
(c) Constance Bigsby.
(d) Ernestina Simple.
4. How much money does Cornelius have in Mr. Vandergelder's safe?
5. Mrs. Levi claims she will get what out of helping Ambrose and Ermengarde?
(a) Profit and pleasure.
(b) A tip from Mr. Vandergelder.
(c) Revenge on Mr. Vandergelder.
(d) Vicarious romance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives away Cornelius and Barnaby's hiding place?
2. In Act 2, how many custom-made items do Cornelius and Barnaby claim to want?
3. Mrs. Levi tells Mr. Vandergelder she will be rich if she does what?
4. Who claims she will marry Mr. Vandergelder, if asked?
5. In Act 1, Mr. Vandergelder informs Joe of what secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Malloy tell Minnie the best part of marriage is?
2. Mrs. Levi tries to convince Ambrose to get Mr. Vandergelder's blessing. Why?
3. How do Cornelius and Barnaby describe Mr. Vandergelder to Mrs. Malloy?
4. What is Mr. Vandergelder's philosophy on people in the world and what is his history with this diagnosis?
5. What does Mrs. Malloy plan to say to Mr. Vandergelder's marriage proposal?
6. Describe the character Malachi.
7. What display of emotion is shown by Mrs. Malloy at the end of Act 2, and why?
8. How does Joe feel about Mr. Vandergelder? How do you know?
9. What worries Minnie about Mr. Vandergelder's potential marriage proposal?
10. What task does Mr. Vandergelder give Malachi to complete?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)