|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, what sound is made when a door opens?
(c) Creaking and groaning.
2. In Act 2, what type of outing are Cornelius and Barnaby on?
(a) An adventure.
(b) A drinking binge.
(c) A family meeting.
(d) A shopping expedition.
3. Mrs. Malloy asks Minnie to put what on an ugly hat?
(a) A sponge.
(d) A feather.
4. Mrs. Malloy ask Cornelius to take her where?
(a) Harmonia Gardens Restaurant.
(b) Central Park.
(c) Tavern on the Green.
(d) The symphony.
5. In Act 2, where do Cornelius and Barnaby hide from Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) Behind a tree.
(c) In the car.
(d) The wardrobe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, a ladder extends down from what?
2. Where does Mrs. Levi instruct Mr. Vandergelder to meet his should-be bride?
3. According to legend, what did the Hackls build?
4. What does Mr. Vandergelder take back from Mrs. Malloy?
5. In Act 2, what outsider finds Cornelius and Barnaby hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Mrs. Levi discovered about Mr. Vandergelder and what does she plan to do about it?
2. How does Joe feel about Mr. Vandergelder? How do you know?
3. Describe the attire worn by Mr. Vandergelder to woo Mrs. Malloy, as well as the gift he brings for her.
4. How does Cornelius feel about Mrs. Malloy in Act 2? At what point is this revealed?
5. At what point does Cornelius admit he and Barnaby are having an adventure? How?
6. What is Mr. Vandergelder's excuse for not promoting Cornelius to anything of significance?
7. Prior to Cornelius and Barnaby entering the hat shop, who does Mrs. Malloy claim and why?
8. Mrs. Levi tries to convince Ambrose to get Mr. Vandergelder's blessing. Why?
9. Describe the character Ermengarde.
10. Describe the character Mrs. Levi.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)