|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of hat does Cornelius wear in Act 2?
(a) A bowler hat.
(b) A straw hat.
(c) A cowboy hat.
(d) A baseball cap.
2. In Act 1, whom does Mrs. Levi say she hoped Mr. Vandergelder would marry?
(a) Ernesta Plain.
(b) Ernestina Simple.
(c) Courtenay Marie.
(d) Constance Bigsby.
3. What person do Cornelius and Mrs. Malloy have in common?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder.
(c) Mrs. Levi.
4. In Act 2, Mrs. Malloy covers for whom?
(a) Ermengarde and Ambrose.
(b) Mrs. Malloy.
(c) Mr. Vandergelder.
(d) Cornelius and Barnaby.
5. Mr. Vandergelder suggests Mrs. Malloy's workers deserve what?
(a) A bonus.
(b) Free merchandise.
(c) A wage increase.
(d) A wage decrease.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Levi predict Mr. Vandergelder's life path?
2. Mrs. Levi says Mr. Vandergelder must do what by the end of the week?
3. What type of store does Mrs. Molloy own?
4. What does Cornelius want Mrs. Malloy to think of him?
5. In Act 2, what type of outing are Cornelius and Barnaby on?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what point does Cornelius admit he and Barnaby are having an adventure? How?
2. How does Cornelius feel about Mrs. Malloy in Act 2? At what point is this revealed?
3. What is Mr. Vandergelder's excuse for not promoting Cornelius to anything of significance?
4. How does Mrs. Malloy feel about being a milliner?
5. How does Joe feel about Mr. Vandergelder? How do you know?
6. Describe the attire worn by Mr. Vandergelder to woo Mrs. Malloy, as well as the gift he brings for her.
7. Mrs. Levi tries to convince Ambrose to get Mr. Vandergelder's blessing. Why?
8. At the beginning of The Matchmaker, what is the relationship between Cornelius and Mr. Vandergelder?
9. What conversation between Minnie and Mrs. Malloy mirrors a conversation between Barnaby and Cornelius?
10. What has Mrs. Levi discovered about Mr. Vandergelder and what does she plan to do about it?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)