|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims she will marry Mr. Vandergelder, if asked?
(a) Mrs. Levi.
(c) Mrs. Malloy.
2. What type of men does Mrs. Malloy always encounter?
(b) Husband material.
(c) Feather merchants.
(d) Wheat merchants.
3. In Act 1, a ladder extends down from what?
(a) The window.
(b) A tree.
(c) A trap door.
(d) The moon.
4. Mrs. Malloy asks Minnie to put what on an ugly hat?
(c) A sponge.
(d) A feather.
5. How much money does Mr. Vandergelder lend Mrs. Levi?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) He does not give her anything.
(c) The full amount requested.
(d) Twenty-five dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cornelius want Mrs. Malloy to think of him?
2. What set piece takes up the middle of the back wall in Act 2?
3. How long has Cornelius worked for Mr. Vandergelder?
4. When do Mrs. Levi and Mr. Vandergelder plan to meet outside Mrs. Malloy's store?
5. What type of shoes does Minnie wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mrs. Levi tries to convince Ambrose to get Mr. Vandergelder's blessing. Why?
2. Who builds up Cornelius to be a legend, confusing both Mrs. Malloy and Mr. Vandergelder? Why?
3. What has Mrs. Levi discovered about Mr. Vandergelder and what does she plan to do about it?
4. What does Mrs. Malloy plan to say to Mr. Vandergelder's marriage proposal?
5. Describe the character Malachi.
6. What conversation between Minnie and Mrs. Malloy mirrors a conversation between Barnaby and Cornelius?
7. Why does Mr. Vandergelder disapprove of his niece's suitor?
8. Describe the attire worn by Mr. Vandergelder to woo Mrs. Malloy, as well as the gift he brings for her.
9. How does Joe feel about Mr. Vandergelder? How do you know?
10. How does Mr. Vandergelder's disapproval affect the marriage of his niece?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)