|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Vandergelder enters Act 2 with whom?
(b) Mrs. Levi.
(d) Mrs. Molloy.
2. In Act 1, what does Ambrose ask Ermengarde to do?
(b) Steal heirlooms.
(c) Speak ill of her family.
(d) Have his children.
3. What type of transportation does Mr. Vandergelder own?
(a) A buggy.
(b) A Porsche.
(c) A station wagon.
(d) A bicycle.
4. What type of straw does Mrs. Malloy offer Cornelius?
5. What does Mrs. Levi reveal to Ambrose?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder plans to marry.
(b) Mr. Vandergelder is dying.
(c) Ermengarde has no money.
(d) Ermengarde sees other men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of shoes does Minnie wear?
2. What does Mrs. Levi tell Mr. Vandergelder to order for dinner in New York?
3. What does Mr. Vandergelder smoke at the beginning of the play?
4. In what city does Act 2 take place?
5. How much money does Cornelius have in Mr. Vandergelder's safe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Malloy plan to say to Mr. Vandergelder's marriage proposal?
2. Mrs. Levi tries to convince Ambrose to get Mr. Vandergelder's blessing. Why?
3. Describe the character Mrs. Levi.
4. What has Mrs. Levi discovered about Mr. Vandergelder and what does she plan to do about it?
5. What does Cornelius do to ensure he can get the time off work to go to New York?
6. Why does Mr. Vandergelder disapprove of his niece's suitor?
7. What is Mr. Vandergelder's philosophy on people in the world and what is his history with this diagnosis?
8. Why do Cornelius and Barnaby enter the hat store?
9. What task does Mr. Vandergelder give Malachi to complete?
10. What display of emotion is shown by Mrs. Malloy at the end of Act 2, and why?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)