|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Vandergelder surprised to see together in Act 3?
(a) Mrs. Levi and Malachi.
(b) Rudolph and Ermengarde.
(c) Mrs. Levi and Ambrose.
(d) Ermengarde, Ambrose, and Mrs. Levi.
2. Why does Cornelius say he will not dance?
(a) He's Presbyterian.
(b) He's married.
(c) He has two left feet.
(d) He can't.
3. What type of medicine does Miss Van H. use?
(d) Smelling salts.
4. In Act 3, why does Mrs. Levi say kind things about Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) She knows he's listening.
(b) She hopes he'll become kind.
(c) She's unable to be unkind.
(d) He pays her to do it.
5. Why can't Ermengarde prove her identity to her aunt?
(a) She does not have the letter.
(b) Imposters are already at the home.
(c) All of these.
(d) They have never met.
6. In Act 3, Mr. Vandergelder asks for a table that seats how many?
7. To whom does Mr. Vandergelder propose?
(b) Miss Van H.
(c) Mrs. Levi.
(d) Mrs. Malloy.
8. What main dish does Mrs. Malloy order for Minnie?
(b) Foi gras.
9. In Act 3, what is Malachi's current weakness?
10. How much does Mr. Vandergelder first offer the cabman for services?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Ten cents.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Fifty cents.
11. Why does Malachi think Mr. Vandergelder wants to talk to the cabman?
(a) He looks like a relative.
(b) For directions.
(c) For advice.
(d) To buy a cab company.
12. What does Mrs. Levi want from Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) A bottle of French champagne.
(b) To marry him for love.
(c) An apology.
(d) To marry him for money.
13. When surprised at the restaurant, Malachi suggests Mr. Vandergelder do what?
(d) Buy strangers dinner.
14. Who is August bringing champagne for?
(b) The queen.
(c) His fiancé.
(d) The mayor.
15. How is Rudolph described?
(a) As a snob.
(b) Loud and overbearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, what type of dancing does Minnie re-enact?
2. Mrs. Levi asks who for permission to marry?
3. How is Miss Van H. described?
4. What gift does Mr. Vandergelder still carry in Act 4?
5. Miss Van H. feels it is difficult to be what?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)