|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's Malachi philosophy on liking an employer?
(a) It's duty for every man.
(b) It's impossible.
(c) It's easy.
(d) You have to work at it.
2. What does Mrs. Levi want from Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) A bottle of French champagne.
(b) To marry him for love.
(c) An apology.
(d) To marry him for money.
3. According to Ermengarde, where does nothing happen?
(a) New York.
4. What drink does Mr. Vandergelder order in advance?
(b) A cosmo.
(c) Black Russian.
(d) A martini.
5. In Act 3, why does Mrs. Levi say kind things about Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) She hopes he'll become kind.
(b) She's unable to be unkind.
(c) He pays her to do it.
(d) She knows he's listening.
6. According to Malachi, what do more people want instead of breaking into homes?
(a) To rob banks.
(b) To break out.
(c) To break into offices.
(d) To pick pockets.
7. What former weakness does Malachi confess to the audience?
8. In Act 4, what type of dancing does Minnie re-enact?
(a) The samba.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The ballet.
(d) The two step.
9. Mrs. Malloy suggests Cornelius not be what when ordering?
10. In Act 4, how much does Mr. Vandergelder owe the cabman?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) The cabman is not owed anything.
(d) Fifteen dollars.
11. Miss Van H. feels it is difficult to be what?
(a) Old and married.
(b) A factory worker.
(c) Young and in love.
12. What bothers Mr. Vandergelder about letters?
(a) Everyone writes to him.
(b) Nobody writes to him.
(c) They are impersonal.
(d) Everyone is dear.
13. Why does Malachi think Mr. Vandergelder wants to talk to the cabman?
(a) To buy a cab company.
(b) For directions.
(c) For advice.
(d) He looks like a relative.
14. Why does Cornelius say he will not dance?
(a) He's Presbyterian.
(b) He's married.
(c) He has two left feet.
(d) He can't.
15. How many entrances and exits are available in Act 4?
(c) One trap door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Cornelius toast?
2. How many entrances are available in Act 3?
3. What item falls out of Mrs. Levi's Bible and changes her?
4. Whom does Miss Van H. mistake for Ermengarde and Ambrose?
5. In Act 4, whose clothes is Barnaby wearing?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)