|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, what type of dancing does Minnie re-enact?
(a) The ballet.
(b) The samba.
(c) The waltz.
(d) The two step.
2. What does Miss Van H. demand Mr. Vandergelder do to the guests?
(a) Feed them.
(b) Kick them out.
(c) Shake their hands.
(d) Offer them drinks.
3. What does Mr. Vandergelder give Cornelius?
(a) Business partnership.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) A box of chocolates.
(d) A bottle of French champagne.
4. Mrs. Levi finds "pretty girls" unable to do what?
(a) "Speak ill of others."
(b) "Improve their other advantages."
(c) "Attract a rich husband."
(d) "Use their brain."
5. Miss Van H. tells the men not to worry about what mistake?
(a) Who is who.
(b) Forgetting her birthday.
(c) Spilling coffee.
(d) Misleading their brides.
6. Who is Mr. Vandergelder surprised to see together in Act 3?
(a) Mrs. Levi and Malachi.
(b) Rudolph and Ermengarde.
(c) Mrs. Levi and Ambrose.
(d) Ermengarde, Ambrose, and Mrs. Levi.
7. In Act 4, Mr. Vandergelder compliments Mrs. Levi by calling her?
(a) A penny pincher.
(b) An excellent thief.
(c) A wonderful woman.
(d) An awful liar.
8. At whose home does Act 4 take place?
(a) Mrs. Malloy's.
(b) Miss Levi's.
(c) Miss Flora Van Huysen's.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder's.
9. Where does Act 3 take place?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder's local diner.
(b) Steak Gardens.
(c) Central Park Restaurant.
(d) Harmonia Gardens Restaurant.
10. What does Mrs. Malloy want to give to Minnie's hair?
11. How is Miss Van H. described?
(a) Twenty and troubled.
(b) Fifty and florid.
(c) Thirty and thrilled.
(d) Forty and fabulous.
12. What does August do when Cornelius opens the champagne?
(a) Yells, "Opa!"
(b) Gives him a tip.
(c) Applauds his skill.
(d) Bursts into tears.
13. What's Malachi philosophy on liking an employer?
(a) It's easy.
(b) It's duty for every man.
(c) You have to work at it.
(d) It's impossible.
14. For the young people, what is the only thing Miss Van H. cares about?
(a) They are in love.
(b) They are good looking.
(c) They mind their manners.
(d) They are so fashionable.
15. According to Ermengarde, where does nothing happen?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Initially, Mrs. Malloy scolds Cornelius for what behavior?
2. In Act 4, whose clothes is Barnaby wearing?
3. Cornelius thinks the adventure at the restaurant will put him where?
4. Whom does Cornelius toast?
5. How much does Mr. Vandergelder first offer the cabman for services?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)