|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Vandergelder lack in Act 4?
(a) Proper attire.
(b) A ticket for the show.
(c) His purse of money.
(d) His overcoat.
2. Miss Van H. suggests Ermengarde do what, after "Ermengarde" is done?
(a) Read her diary.
(d) Take a nap.
3. How is August described?
4. How many entrances and exits are available in Act 4?
(b) One trap door.
5. What name does Cornelius call Rudolph?
6. Mr. Vandergelder is described as smelling of what?
(a) Beans and gasoline.
(b) Yeast and menthol.
(c) Brownies and kerosene.
(d) Oats and axle grease.
7. Who does Mrs. Levi introduce to Miss Van H.?
(a) Ambrose and Cornelius.
(b) Mrs. Malloy and Minnie.
(c) Mr. Vandergelder and Ermengarde.
(d) Cornelius and Barnaby.
8. According to Malachi, what do more people want instead of breaking into homes?
(a) To pick pockets.
(b) To break out.
(c) To rob banks.
(d) To break into offices.
9. What does Miss Van H. hit Mr. Vandergelder with?
(a) A folded newspaper.
(b) A cane.
(c) Her fan.
(d) A chair.
10. Mrs. Levi finds "pretty girls" unable to do what?
(a) "Speak ill of others."
(b) "Use their brain."
(c) "Improve their other advantages."
(d) "Attract a rich husband."
11. What does Mr. Vandergelder do frequently throughout the Matchmaker?
(a) Discharge people.
(b) All of these.
(c) Cause trouble.
12. In Act 4, what does Mrs. Levi take from Mrs. Malloy?
(b) Mr. Vandergelder's heart.
(c) Her engagement ring.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder's purse.
13. In Act 4, what is the home filled with?
(a) Colorful knickknacks.
(c) Leftover desserts.
(d) Pictures of birds.
14. What item falls out of Mrs. Levi's Bible and changes her?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) A lost ring.
(c) An oak leaf.
(d) Smelling salts.
15. Cornelius thinks the adventure at the restaurant will put him where?
(a) On television.
(b) In Mrs. Malloy's good graces.
(c) In jail.
(d) On America's Most Wanted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house does Mr. Vandergelder want the cabman to go?
2. What main dish does Mrs. Malloy order for Minnie?
3. In Act 3, Mr. Vandergelder asks for a table that seats how many?
4. At whose home does Act 4 take place?
5. What does Mr. Vandergelder give Cornelius?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)