|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Vandergelder surprised to see together in Act 3?
(a) Rudolph and Ermengarde.
(b) Ermengarde, Ambrose, and Mrs. Levi.
(c) Mrs. Levi and Malachi.
(d) Mrs. Levi and Ambrose.
2. Initially, Mrs. Malloy scolds Cornelius for what behavior?
(a) Being friendly to the waiter.
(b) Flirting with other women.
(d) Smoking cigarettes.
3. Whose house does Mr. Vandergelder want the cabman to go?
(b) Mr. Scott's.
(c) Miss Flora Van Huysen's.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder's.
4. Why does Mrs. Malloy kiss Barnaby?
(a) To make Mr. Vandergelder jealous.
(b) Cornelius' toast.
(c) For a bet.
(d) She loves him.
5. In Act 3, Mr. Vandergelder asks for a table that seats how many?
6. How many entrances are available in Act 3?
7. In Act 4, what continues to panic Miss Van H.?
(a) That her lover has not arrived.
(b) Her attraction to Mr. Vandergelder.
(c) When people ask who she is.
(d) Her lack of money to buy dinner.
8. What's Malachi philosophy on liking an employer?
(a) It's impossible.
(b) It's duty for every man.
(c) You have to work at it.
(d) It's easy.
9. What main dish does Mrs. Malloy order for Minnie?
(d) Foi gras.
10. Whom does Miss Van H. mistake for Ermengarde and Ambrose?
(a) Mrs. Levi and Mr. Vandergelder.
(b) Ambrose and Mrs. Malloy.
(c) Cornelius and Barnaby.
(d) Ermengarde and Barnaby.
11. Miss Van H. feels it is difficult to be what?
(b) Young and in love.
(c) A factory worker.
(d) Old and married.
12. At whose home does Act 4 take place?
(a) Miss Flora Van Huysen's.
(b) Mr. Vandergelder's.
(c) Mrs. Malloy's.
(d) Miss Levi's.
13. What is the response to Mr. Vandergelder's marriage proposal?
14. In Act 4, what does Miss. Van H. plan to serve her guests?
(a) Coffee and gingerbread.
(b) Chicken and spirits.
(c) Tea and cake.
(d) Whiskey and crackers.
15. Mrs. Levi finds "pretty girls" unable to do what?
(a) "Improve their other advantages."
(b) "Speak ill of others."
(c) "Attract a rich husband."
(d) "Use their brain."
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Van H. suggests Ermengarde do what, after "Ermengarde" is done?
2. Miss Van H. tries to pamper "Ermengarde" with what?
3. To what does Mrs. Levi compare money?
4. Cornelius thinks the adventure at the restaurant will put him where?
5. Mrs. Malloy suggests Cornelius not be what when ordering?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)