|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of medicine does Miss Van H. use?
(b) Smelling salts.
2. Where does Act 3 take place?
(a) Central Park Restaurant.
(b) Steak Gardens.
(c) Harmonia Gardens Restaurant.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder's local diner.
3. What does August do when Cornelius opens the champagne?
(a) Applauds his skill.
(b) Yells, "Opa!"
(c) Bursts into tears.
(d) Gives him a tip.
4. In Act 4, what does Mr. Vandergelder tell Mrs. Levi she has?
(a) Lots of faults.
(b) A big heart.
(c) Something on her face.
(d) A limited dowry.
5. What does Mr. Vandergelder do frequently throughout the Matchmaker?
(b) Discharge people.
(c) Cause trouble.
(d) All of these.
6. In Act 3, Malachi gets what halfway through the night?
(a) Proposed to.
7. In Act 4, how much does Mr. Vandergelder owe the cabman?
(a) Fifteen dollars.
(b) The cabman is not owed anything.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
8. In Act 4, who do the real Ermengarde and Ambrose pretend to be?
(a) Ermengarde and Mr. Vandergelder.
(b) Mrs. Levi and Mrs. Malloy.
(c) Ermengarde and Cornelius.
(d) Ermengarde and Barnaby.
9. Whom does Cook want to call about Ermengarde's absence?
(b) The police.
(c) Mr. Vandergelder.
10. Where does Ermengarde plan to go after dinner?
(c) Mrs. Levi's.
(d) Aunt Flora's.
11. Why can't Ermengarde prove her identity to her aunt?
(a) Imposters are already at the home.
(b) She does not have the letter.
(c) All of these.
(d) They have never met.
12. What does Mr. Vandergelder lack in Act 4?
(a) His overcoat.
(b) Proper attire.
(c) A ticket for the show.
(d) His purse of money.
13. In Act 3, Mr. Vandergelder asks for a table that seats how many?
14. Who is Mr. Vandergelder surprised to see together in Act 3?
(a) Rudolph and Ermengarde.
(b) Ermengarde, Ambrose, and Mrs. Levi.
(c) Mrs. Levi and Ambrose.
(d) Mrs. Levi and Malachi.
15. What "miracle" does Cornelius receive from Malachi?
(a) A purse of money.
(b) A woman who loves him.
(c) Healing for his cough.
(d) Friendship and respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, what pair of lovers does Mr. Vandergelder forgive?
2. To whom does Mr. Vandergelder propose?
3. Mr. Vandergelder is described as smelling of what?
4. For the young people, what is the only thing Miss Van H. cares about?
5. What does Mr. Vandergelder order in advance?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)