|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Van H. hit Mr. Vandergelder with?
(a) A chair.
(b) Her fan.
(c) A cane.
(d) A folded newspaper.
2. What does Barnaby say is the moral of The Matchmaker?
(a) Love conquers all.
(b) Never ever give up.
(c) Live life and have adventure.
(d) Money buys love.
3. In Act 4, what does Mr. Vandergelder tell Mrs. Levi she has?
(a) Something on her face.
(b) Lots of faults.
(c) A limited dowry.
(d) A big heart.
4. In Act 3, what is Malachi's current weakness?
5. How is Rudolph described?
(b) Loud and overbearing.
(c) As a snob.
6. How many entrances and exits are available in Act 4?
(b) One trap door.
7. For the young people, what is the only thing Miss Van H. cares about?
(a) They are in love.
(b) They mind their manners.
(c) They are good looking.
(d) They are so fashionable.
8. Whose house does Mr. Vandergelder want the cabman to go?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder's.
(b) Mr. Scott's.
(d) Miss Flora Van Huysen's.
9. What does Mrs. Malloy want to give to Minnie's hair?
10. Whom does Cook want to call about Ermengarde's absence?
(a) The police.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder.
11. How is Miss Van H. described?
(a) Fifty and florid.
(b) Twenty and troubled.
(c) Forty and fabulous.
(d) Thirty and thrilled.
12. What's Malachi philosophy on liking an employer?
(a) It's easy.
(b) You have to work at it.
(c) It's duty for every man.
(d) It's impossible.
13. What former weakness does Malachi confess to the audience?
14. What does Mr. Vandergelder lack in Act 4?
(a) A ticket for the show.
(b) His overcoat.
(c) His purse of money.
(d) Proper attire.
15. According to Ermengarde, where does nothing happen?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Van H. demand Mr. Vandergelder do to the guests?
2. Why does Cornelius say he will not dance?
3. Mrs. Levi finds "pretty girls" unable to do what?
4. Who is Mr. Vandergelder surprised to see together in Act 3?
5. In Act 4, Mr. Vandergelder compliments Mrs. Levi by calling her?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)