|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Vandergelder surprised to see together in Act 3?
(a) Mrs. Levi and Ambrose.
(b) Mrs. Levi and Malachi.
(c) Rudolph and Ermengarde.
(d) Ermengarde, Ambrose, and Mrs. Levi.
2. At the beginning of Act 4, how does Miss Van H. feel about life?
(a) Grateful to still have it.
(c) Over it.
3. In Act 3, how does the restaurant want to separate the tables?
(b) A screen.
(c) The band.
(d) A koi pond.
4. What's Malachi philosophy on liking an employer?
(a) It's easy.
(b) You have to work at it.
(c) It's duty for every man.
(d) It's impossible.
5. In Act 4, what does Miss. Van H. plan to serve her guests?
(a) Coffee and gingerbread.
(b) Chicken and spirits.
(c) Tea and cake.
(d) Whiskey and crackers.
6. Mrs. Malloy suggests Cornelius not be what when ordering?
7. What does Barnaby say is the moral of <i>The Matchmaker</i>?
(a) Money buys love.
(b) Never ever give up.
(c) Love conquers all.
(d) Live life and have adventure.
8. How is August described?
9. Whom does Miss Van H. mistake for Ermengarde and Ambrose?
(a) Mrs. Levi and Mr. Vandergelder.
(b) Cornelius and Barnaby.
(c) Ambrose and Mrs. Malloy.
(d) Ermengarde and Barnaby.
10. What is the response to Mr. Vandergelder's marriage proposal?
11. Who does Mrs. Levi introduce to Miss Van H.?
(a) Mrs. Malloy and Minnie.
(b) Ambrose and Cornelius.
(c) Mr. Vandergelder and Ermengarde.
(d) Cornelius and Barnaby.
12. In Act 4, what continues to panic Miss Van H.?
(a) That her lover has not arrived.
(b) Her lack of money to buy dinner.
(c) Her attraction to Mr. Vandergelder.
(d) When people ask who she is.
13. In Act 4, how much does Mr. Vandergelder owe the cabman?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) The cabman is not owed anything.
(d) Fifteen dollars.
14. Whom does Cornelius toast?
(a) Absent friends.
(b) Mr. Vandergelder.
(c) The ladies.
15. How much does Mr. Vandergelder first offer the cabman for services?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Ten cents.
(d) Fifty cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "miracle" does Cornelius receive from Malachi?
2. In Act 3, why does Mrs. Levi say kind things about Mr. Vandergelder?
3. Miss Van H. suggests Ermengarde do what, after "Ermengarde" is done?
4. Miss Van H. tries to pamper "Ermengarde" with what?
5. In Act 4, who do the real Ermengarde and Ambrose pretend to be?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)