|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cornelius thinks the adventure at the restaurant will put him where?
(a) In jail.
(b) On America's Most Wanted.
(c) In Mrs. Malloy's good graces.
(d) On television.
2. How is Rudolph described?
(a) As a snob.
(d) Loud and overbearing.
3. Miss Van H. feels it is difficult to be what?
(b) Old and married.
(c) A factory worker.
(d) Young and in love.
4. What does Mr. Vandergelder give Cornelius?
(a) A box of chocolates.
(b) A bottle of French champagne.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) Business partnership.
5. What does Barnaby say is the moral of The Matchmaker?
(a) Never ever give up.
(b) Money buys love.
(c) Love conquers all.
(d) Live life and have adventure.
6. To whom does Mr. Vandergelder propose?
(b) Miss Van H.
(c) Mrs. Levi.
(d) Mrs. Malloy.
7. In Act 4, what does Miss. Van H. plan to serve her guests?
(a) Tea and cake.
(b) Chicken and spirits.
(c) Whiskey and crackers.
(d) Coffee and gingerbread.
8. What item falls out of Mrs. Levi's Bible and changes her?
(a) An oak leaf.
(b) A lost ring.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) Smelling salts.
9. In Act 4, what does Mr. Vandergelder tell Mrs. Levi she has?
(a) Lots of faults.
(b) Something on her face.
(c) A big heart.
(d) A limited dowry.
10. In Act 4, what pair of lovers does Mr. Vandergelder forgive?
(a) Ermengarde and Ambrose.
(b) Cornelius and Mrs. Malloy.
(c) Ermengarde and Barnaby.
(d) Minnie and Barnaby.
11. Mr. Vandergelder is described as smelling of what?
(a) Beans and gasoline.
(b) Oats and axle grease.
(c) Brownies and kerosene.
(d) Yeast and menthol.
12. To what does Malachi compare being employed?
(b) A joyful journey.
(c) Being loved.
(d) A prison sentence.
13. In Act 4, Mr. Vandergelder compliments Mrs. Levi by calling her?
(a) A wonderful woman.
(b) An awful liar.
(c) A penny pincher.
(d) An excellent thief.
14. Whom does Miss Van H. mistake for Ermengarde and Ambrose?
(a) Mrs. Levi and Mr. Vandergelder.
(b) Ambrose and Mrs. Malloy.
(c) Cornelius and Barnaby.
(d) Ermengarde and Barnaby.
15. According to Malachi, what do more people want instead of breaking into homes?
(a) To pick pockets.
(b) To break out.
(c) To break into offices.
(d) To rob banks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the response to Mr. Vandergelder's marriage proposal?
2. What type of accent does Rudolph have?
3. How many entrances and exits are available in Act 4?
4. What is Minnie's original order?
5. Who is August bringing champagne for?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)