|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Cabman's horse?
(d) Old Mare.
2. Miss Van H. suggests Ermengarde do what, after "Ermengarde" is done?
(a) Take a nap.
(d) Read her diary.
3. What item falls out of Mrs. Levi's Bible and changes her?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) Smelling salts.
(c) An oak leaf.
(d) A lost ring.
4. Miss Van H. tells the men not to worry about what mistake?
(a) Who is who.
(b) Misleading their brides.
(c) Spilling coffee.
(d) Forgetting her birthday.
5. Where does Act 3 take place?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder's local diner.
(b) Harmonia Gardens Restaurant.
(c) Steak Gardens.
(d) Central Park Restaurant.
6. What's Malachi philosophy on liking an employer?
(a) It's impossible.
(b) You have to work at it.
(c) It's easy.
(d) It's duty for every man.
7. In Act 3, Malachi gets what halfway through the night?
(a) Proposed to.
8. To whom does Mr. Vandergelder propose?
(b) Miss Van H.
(c) Mrs. Levi.
(d) Mrs. Malloy.
9. In Act 3, why does Mrs. Levi say kind things about Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) She knows he's listening.
(b) She hopes he'll become kind.
(c) He pays her to do it.
(d) She's unable to be unkind.
10. Mrs. Levi asks who for permission to marry?
(a) Her deceased husband.
(b) Mr. Vandergelder.
(c) Her ex husband.
(d) Her parents.
11. What drink does Mr. Vandergelder order in advance?
(a) A cosmo.
(c) Black Russian.
(d) A martini.
12. In Act 4, what is the home filled with?
(a) Pictures of birds.
(b) Colorful knickknacks.
(d) Leftover desserts.
13. Why can't Ermengarde prove her identity to her aunt?
(a) All of these.
(b) She does not have the letter.
(c) They have never met.
(d) Imposters are already at the home.
14. How is Rudolph described?
(a) As a snob.
(b) Loud and overbearing.
15. Whom does Cornelius toast?
(a) Absent friends.
(b) The ladies.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is August described?
2. Who does Mrs. Levi introduce to Miss Van H.?
3. In Act 4, whose clothes is Barnaby wearing?
4. What main dish does Mrs. Malloy order for Minnie?
5. What name does Cornelius call Rudolph?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)