|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is August described?
2. What does Mr. Vandergelder lack in Act 4?
(a) A ticket for the show.
(b) His overcoat.
(c) His purse of money.
(d) Proper attire.
3. In Act 4, what does Mr. Vandergelder tell Mrs. Levi she has?
(a) Lots of faults.
(b) A big heart.
(c) Something on her face.
(d) A limited dowry.
4. What name does Cornelius call Rudolph?
5. In Act 3, what is Malachi's current weakness?
6. According to Ermengarde, where does nothing happen?
(c) New York.
7. What main dish does Mrs. Malloy order for Minnie?
(c) Foi gras.
8. Whom does Miss Van H. mistake for Ermengarde and Ambrose?
(a) Ambrose and Mrs. Malloy.
(b) Cornelius and Barnaby.
(c) Ermengarde and Barnaby.
(d) Mrs. Levi and Mr. Vandergelder.
9. What item falls out of Mrs. Levi's Bible and changes her?
(a) A lost ring.
(b) An oak leaf.
(c) Smelling salts.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
10. Miss Van H. tells the men not to worry about what mistake?
(a) Misleading their brides.
(b) Who is who.
(c) Spilling coffee.
(d) Forgetting her birthday.
11. In Act 4, Mr. Vandergelder compliments Mrs. Levi by calling her?
(a) A wonderful woman.
(b) An awful liar.
(c) An excellent thief.
(d) A penny pincher.
12. What "miracle" does Cornelius receive from Malachi?
(a) Friendship and respect.
(b) A purse of money.
(c) A woman who loves him.
(d) Healing for his cough.
13. Why does Mrs. Malloy kiss Barnaby?
(a) Cornelius' toast.
(b) She loves him.
(c) For a bet.
(d) To make Mr. Vandergelder jealous.
14. In Act 3, how does the restaurant want to separate the tables?
(a) A koi pond.
(b) A screen.
(c) The band.
15. In Act 4, what does Miss. Van H. plan to serve her guests?
(a) Tea and cake.
(b) Chicken and spirits.
(c) Whiskey and crackers.
(d) Coffee and gingerbread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Cornelius toast?
2. What drink does Mr. Vandergelder order in advance?
3. How is Miss Van H. described?
4. What does August do when Cornelius opens the champagne?
5. What does Miss Van H. hit Mr. Vandergelder with?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)