|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "miracle" does Cornelius receive from Malachi?
(a) A purse of money.
(b) A woman who loves him.
(c) Friendship and respect.
(d) Healing for his cough.
2. What type of accent does Rudolph have?
3. Mrs. Malloy suggests Cornelius not be what when ordering?
4. According to Malachi, what do more people want instead of breaking into homes?
(a) To break into offices.
(b) To break out.
(c) To pick pockets.
(d) To rob banks.
5. What type of music does Cornelius request at the table?
(a) A violinist.
(b) A German band.
(c) A marching band.
(d) The banjo player.
6. Initially, Mrs. Malloy scolds Cornelius for what behavior?
(a) Smoking cigarettes.
(b) Being friendly to the waiter.
(d) Flirting with other women.
7. What does Mr. Vandergelder order in advance?
8. What is the response to Mr. Vandergelder's marriage proposal?
9. In Act 4, what is the home filled with?
(b) Pictures of birds.
(c) Colorful knickknacks.
(d) Leftover desserts.
10. Why does Cornelius knock over a table?
(a) To punctuate a joke.
(b) Mrs. Malloy tells him to.
(c) He gets angry at Malachi.
(d) He does not like his dinner.
11. How is August described?
12. What is the name of the Cabman's horse?
(d) Old Mare.
13. Miss Van H. tries to pamper "Ermengarde" with what?
(a) A hot bath.
(b) A foot rub.
(c) Smelling salts.
(d) A new silk robe.
14. In Act 4, what does Mr. Vandergelder tell Mrs. Levi she has?
(a) A big heart.
(b) Lots of faults.
(c) A limited dowry.
(d) Something on her face.
15. What is Minnie's original order?
(a) Sardines on toast and milk.
(b) A cheese plate and wine.
(c) Chicken and wine.
(d) Tuna on rye and milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, who do the real Ermengarde and Ambrose pretend to be?
2. What does Mrs. Levi want from Mr. Vandergelder?
3. What bothers Mr. Vandergelder about letters?
4. Mrs. Levi asks who for permission to marry?
5. What type of medicine does Miss Van H. use?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)