|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Cabman's horse?
(d) Old Mare.
2. According to Ermengarde, where does nothing happen?
(c) New York.
3. In Act 4, what type of dancing does Minnie re-enact?
(a) The samba.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The ballet.
(d) The two step.
4. Mrs. Levi finds "pretty girls" unable to do what?
(a) "Attract a rich husband."
(b) "Improve their other advantages."
(c) "Use their brain."
(d) "Speak ill of others."
5. What is the response to Mr. Vandergelder's marriage proposal?
6. How much does Mr. Vandergelder first offer the cabman for services?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Ten cents.
(c) Fifty cents.
(d) Five dollars.
7. Miss Van H. tries to pamper "Ermengarde" with what?
(a) A new silk robe.
(b) A hot bath.
(c) Smelling salts.
(d) A foot rub.
8. What drink does Mr. Vandergelder order in advance?
(a) A martini.
(b) Black Russian.
(c) A cosmo.
9. Mr. Vandergelder is described as smelling of what?
(a) Oats and axle grease.
(b) Brownies and kerosene.
(c) Beans and gasoline.
(d) Yeast and menthol.
10. How is August described?
11. In Act 4, how much does Mr. Vandergelder owe the cabman?
(a) Fifteen dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) The cabman is not owed anything.
12. Where does Ermengarde plan to go after dinner?
(a) Mrs. Levi's.
(b) Aunt Flora's.
13. What does Barnaby say is the moral of The Matchmaker?
(a) Love conquers all.
(b) Live life and have adventure.
(c) Money buys love.
(d) Never ever give up.
14. Why can't Ermengarde prove her identity to her aunt?
(a) All of these.
(b) She does not have the letter.
(c) Imposters are already at the home.
(d) They have never met.
15. What type of accent does Rudolph have?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Malachi, what do more people want instead of breaking into homes?
2. In Act 3, why does Mrs. Levi say kind things about Mr. Vandergelder?
3. What does Mr. Vandergelder order in advance?
4. Mrs. Levi asks who for permission to marry?
5. What does Mr. Vandergelder lack in Act 4?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)