|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, Mr. Vandergelder compliments Mrs. Levi by calling her?
(a) An awful liar.
(b) An excellent thief.
(c) A wonderful woman.
(d) A penny pincher.
2. To whom does Mr. Vandergelder propose?
(a) Mrs. Malloy.
(b) Mrs. Levi.
(d) Miss Van H.
3. Who is August bringing champagne for?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The queen.
(c) His fiancé.
4. Why can't Ermengarde prove her identity to her aunt?
(a) All of these.
(b) She does not have the letter.
(c) Imposters are already at the home.
(d) They have never met.
5. Whom does Miss Van H. mistake for Ermengarde and Ambrose?
(a) Ambrose and Mrs. Malloy.
(b) Mrs. Levi and Mr. Vandergelder.
(c) Ermengarde and Barnaby.
(d) Cornelius and Barnaby.
6. What "miracle" does Cornelius receive from Malachi?
(a) A woman who loves him.
(b) Friendship and respect.
(c) Healing for his cough.
(d) A purse of money.
7. What is the response to Mr. Vandergelder's marriage proposal?
8. What is Ermengarde worried she is not being?
(d) A good niece.
9. For the young people, what is the only thing Miss Van H. cares about?
(a) They mind their manners.
(b) They are so fashionable.
(c) They are good looking.
(d) They are in love.
10. What former weakness does Malachi confess to the audience?
11. To what does Malachi compare being employed?
(b) Being loved.
(c) A joyful journey.
(d) A prison sentence.
12. What's Malachi philosophy on liking an employer?
(a) It's impossible.
(b) It's easy.
(c) You have to work at it.
(d) It's duty for every man.
13. In Act 4, what gift from Mr. Vandergelder touches Mrs. Levi?
(a) French champagne.
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) The purse.
14. What type of music does Cornelius request at the table?
(a) A German band.
(b) The banjo player.
(c) A marching band.
(d) A violinist.
15. What does August do when Cornelius opens the champagne?
(a) Yells, "Opa!"
(b) Bursts into tears.
(c) Applauds his skill.
(d) Gives him a tip.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is August described?
2. What does Miss Van H. hit Mr. Vandergelder with?
3. When surprised at the restaurant, Malachi suggests Mr. Vandergelder do what?
4. How is Rudolph described?
5. In Act 4, what continues to panic Miss Van H.?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)