|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Malloy kiss Barnaby?
(a) To make Mr. Vandergelder jealous.
(b) Cornelius' toast.
(c) For a bet.
(d) She loves him.
2. Why does Cornelius say he will not dance?
(a) He's Presbyterian.
(b) He can't.
(c) He has two left feet.
(d) He's married.
3. What does Mr. Vandergelder do frequently throughout the Matchmaker?
(b) Cause trouble.
(c) All of these.
(d) Discharge people.
4. What's Malachi philosophy on liking an employer?
(a) It's duty for every man.
(b) It's impossible.
(c) You have to work at it.
(d) It's easy.
5. What is the name of the Cabman's horse?
(c) Old Mare.
6. In Act 4, what pair of lovers does Mr. Vandergelder forgive?
(a) Ermengarde and Barnaby.
(b) Cornelius and Mrs. Malloy.
(c) Minnie and Barnaby.
(d) Ermengarde and Ambrose.
7. What does Mrs. Levi want from Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) To marry him for money.
(b) An apology.
(c) A bottle of French champagne.
(d) To marry him for love.
8. In Act 3, Mr. Vandergelder asks for a table that seats how many?
9. According to Ermengarde, where does nothing happen?
(b) New York.
10. Mrs. Levi asks who for permission to marry?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder.
(b) Her ex husband.
(c) Her deceased husband.
(d) Her parents.
11. How is Miss Van H. described?
(a) Thirty and thrilled.
(b) Fifty and florid.
(c) Twenty and troubled.
(d) Forty and fabulous.
12. Miss Van H. tries to pamper "Ermengarde" with what?
(a) Smelling salts.
(b) A foot rub.
(c) A hot bath.
(d) A new silk robe.
13. In Act 4, what does Mr. Vandergelder tell Mrs. Levi she has?
(a) Something on her face.
(b) A limited dowry.
(c) Lots of faults.
(d) A big heart.
14. What gift does Mr. Vandergelder still carry in Act 4?
(a) The deed to his home.
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) A bottle of French wine.
(d) A box of chocolates.
15. Miss Van H. feels it is difficult to be what?
(b) Old and married.
(c) Young and in love.
(d) A factory worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, how much does Mr. Vandergelder owe the cabman?
2. What does Barnaby say is the moral of <i>The Matchmaker</i>?
3. Initially, Mrs. Malloy scolds Cornelius for what behavior?
4. What drink does Mr. Vandergelder order in advance?
5. When surprised at the restaurant, Malachi suggests Mr. Vandergelder do what?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)