|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, why does Mrs. Levi say kind things about Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) She's unable to be unkind.
(b) She knows he's listening.
(c) He pays her to do it.
(d) She hopes he'll become kind.
2. What does Mrs. Malloy want to give to Minnie's hair?
3. Initially, Mrs. Malloy scolds Cornelius for what behavior?
(a) Being friendly to the waiter.
(c) Smoking cigarettes.
(d) Flirting with other women.
4. Mrs. Levi finds "pretty girls" unable to do what?
(a) "Attract a rich husband."
(b) "Improve their other advantages."
(c) "Use their brain."
(d) "Speak ill of others."
5. Whom does Cornelius toast?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder.
(b) Absent friends.
(c) The ladies.
6. Whose house does Mr. Vandergelder want the cabman to go?
(a) Miss Flora Van Huysen's.
(c) Mr. Vandergelder's.
(d) Mr. Scott's.
7. In Act 4, how much does Mr. Vandergelder owe the cabman?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Fifteen dollars.
(c) The cabman is not owed anything.
(d) One hundred dollars.
8. How many entrances and exits are available in Act 4?
(c) One trap door.
9. At the beginning of Act 4, how does Miss Van H. feel about life?
(b) Over it.
(c) Grateful to still have it.
10. Whom does Miss Van H. mistake for Ermengarde and Ambrose?
(a) Ermengarde and Barnaby.
(b) Mrs. Levi and Mr. Vandergelder.
(c) Ambrose and Mrs. Malloy.
(d) Cornelius and Barnaby.
11. How is Rudolph described?
(b) As a snob.
(c) Loud and overbearing.
12. For the young people, what is the only thing Miss Van H. cares about?
(a) They are good looking.
(b) They are so fashionable.
(c) They are in love.
(d) They mind their manners.
13. In Act 4, what is the home filled with?
(a) Pictures of birds.
(c) Leftover desserts.
(d) Colorful knickknacks.
14. How many entrances are available in Act 3?
15. In Act 4, what gift from Mr. Vandergelder touches Mrs. Levi?
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) French champagne.
(d) The purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is August described?
2. How much does Mr. Vandergelder first offer the cabman for services?
3. What is Mrs. Levi's maiden name?
4. In Act 4, what continues to panic Miss Van H.?
5. In Act 4, what does Mr. Vandergelder tell Mrs. Levi she has?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)