|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is August bringing champagne for?
(a) The mayor.
(c) The queen.
(d) His fiancé.
2. What does Mr. Vandergelder order in advance?
3. What is the response to Mr. Vandergelder's marriage proposal?
4. What does Miss Van H. hit Mr. Vandergelder with?
(a) A folded newspaper.
(b) A chair.
(c) Her fan.
(d) A cane.
5. In Act 4, whose clothes is Barnaby wearing?
(a) Mrs. Malloy's.
(b) Mr. Vandergelder's.
6. At the beginning of Act 4, how does Miss Van H. feel about life?
(b) Over it.
(d) Grateful to still have it.
7. What is Ermengarde worried she is not being?
(c) A good niece.
8. What does Barnaby say is the moral of The Matchmaker?
(a) Never ever give up.
(b) Money buys love.
(c) Live life and have adventure.
(d) Love conquers all.
9. Why can't Ermengarde prove her identity to her aunt?
(a) All of these.
(b) Imposters are already at the home.
(c) They have never met.
(d) She does not have the letter.
10. How much does Mr. Vandergelder first offer the cabman for services?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Ten cents.
(c) Fifty cents.
(d) Five dollars.
11. To whom does Mr. Vandergelder propose?
(b) Mrs. Malloy.
(c) Mrs. Levi.
(d) Miss Van H.
12. How is Miss Van H. described?
(a) Fifty and florid.
(b) Twenty and troubled.
(c) Forty and fabulous.
(d) Thirty and thrilled.
13. What does Miss Van H. demand Mr. Vandergelder do to the guests?
(a) Feed them.
(b) Offer them drinks.
(c) Shake their hands.
(d) Kick them out.
14. When surprised at the restaurant, Malachi suggests Mr. Vandergelder do what?
(a) Buy strangers dinner.
15. Where does Miss Van H. tell "Ambrose" to warm his feet?
(a) Her bed.
(b) Her slippers.
(c) The oven.
(d) The fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Van H. feels it is difficult to be what?
2. What type of music does Cornelius request at the table?
3. Why does Cornelius say he will not dance?
4. Miss Van H. suggests Ermengarde do what, after "Ermengarde" is done?
5. Mrs. Levi asks who for permission to marry?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)