|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Malachi think Mr. Vandergelder wants to talk to the cabman?
(a) For directions.
(b) For advice.
(c) He looks like a relative.
(d) To buy a cab company.
2. In Act 3, what is Malachi's current weakness?
3. Miss Van H. tries to pamper "Ermengarde" with what?
(a) A new silk robe.
(b) A foot rub.
(c) A hot bath.
(d) Smelling salts.
4. How is August described?
5. Who does Mrs. Levi introduce to Miss Van H.?
(a) Mrs. Malloy and Minnie.
(b) Cornelius and Barnaby.
(c) Ambrose and Cornelius.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder and Ermengarde.
6. What does Mr. Vandergelder give Cornelius?
(a) A bottle of French champagne.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) Business partnership.
(d) A box of chocolates.
7. In Act 4, what does Miss. Van H. plan to serve her guests?
(a) Tea and cake.
(b) Whiskey and crackers.
(c) Chicken and spirits.
(d) Coffee and gingerbread.
8. How much does Mr. Vandergelder first offer the cabman for services?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Ten cents.
(d) Five dollars.
9. What item falls out of Mrs. Levi's Bible and changes her?
(a) Smelling salts.
(b) An oak leaf.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) A lost ring.
10. In Act 4, what pair of lovers does Mr. Vandergelder forgive?
(a) Ermengarde and Ambrose.
(b) Ermengarde and Barnaby.
(c) Cornelius and Mrs. Malloy.
(d) Minnie and Barnaby.
11. What does Barnaby say is the moral of The Matchmaker?
(a) Money buys love.
(b) Never ever give up.
(c) Live life and have adventure.
(d) Love conquers all.
12. In Act 3, Malachi gets what halfway through the night?
(b) Proposed to.
13. What bothers Mr. Vandergelder about letters?
(a) Everyone writes to him.
(b) Nobody writes to him.
(c) Everyone is dear.
(d) They are impersonal.
14. Why does Cornelius say he will not dance?
(a) He's Presbyterian.
(b) He's married.
(c) He can't.
(d) He has two left feet.
15. In Act 3, how does the restaurant want to separate the tables?
(a) A koi pond.
(c) The band.
(d) A screen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, what does Mrs. Levi take from Mrs. Malloy?
2. How is Miss Van H. described?
3. Miss Van H. feels it is difficult to be what?
4. What's Malachi philosophy on liking an employer?
5. What gift does Mr. Vandergelder still carry in Act 4?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)