|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 3 take place?
(a) Steak Gardens.
(b) Harmonia Gardens Restaurant.
(c) Mr. Vandergelder's local diner.
(d) Central Park Restaurant.
2. What does Mrs. Malloy want to give to Minnie's hair?
3. Who is Mr. Vandergelder surprised to see together in Act 3?
(a) Rudolph and Ermengarde.
(b) Ermengarde, Ambrose, and Mrs. Levi.
(c) Mrs. Levi and Ambrose.
(d) Mrs. Levi and Malachi.
4. What drink does Mr. Vandergelder order in advance?
(a) Black Russian.
(b) A cosmo.
(c) A martini.
5. To what does Malachi compare being employed?
(b) A prison sentence.
(c) Being loved.
(d) A joyful journey.
6. Why does Malachi think Mr. Vandergelder wants to talk to the cabman?
(a) To buy a cab company.
(b) For directions.
(c) He looks like a relative.
(d) For advice.
7. Miss Van H. feels it is difficult to be what?
(a) Young and in love.
(b) A factory worker.
(c) Old and married.
8. Mrs. Levi finds "pretty girls" unable to do what?
(a) "Attract a rich husband."
(b) "Improve their other advantages."
(c) "Use their brain."
(d) "Speak ill of others."
9. What former weakness does Malachi confess to the audience?
10. How many entrances are available in Act 3?
11. According to Ermengarde, where does nothing happen?
(a) New York.
12. What does Mr. Vandergelder do frequently throughout the Matchmaker?
(a) Cause trouble.
(b) All of these.
(c) Discharge people.
13. What does August do when Cornelius opens the champagne?
(a) Bursts into tears.
(b) Gives him a tip.
(c) Applauds his skill.
(d) Yells, "Opa!"
14. In Act 3, what is Malachi's current weakness?
15. In Act 4, who do the real Ermengarde and Ambrose pretend to be?
(a) Ermengarde and Barnaby.
(b) Ermengarde and Mr. Vandergelder.
(c) Mrs. Levi and Mrs. Malloy.
(d) Ermengarde and Cornelius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item falls out of Mrs. Levi's Bible and changes her?
2. What does Mrs. Levi want from Mr. Vandergelder?
3. In Act 3, Mr. Vandergelder asks for a table that seats how many?
4. Mrs. Levi asks who for permission to marry?
5. For the young people, what is the only thing Miss Van H. cares about?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)