|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Malloy suggests Cornelius not be what when ordering?
2. What type of medicine does Miss Van H. use?
(a) Smelling salts.
3. Why does Mrs. Malloy kiss Barnaby?
(a) Cornelius' toast.
(b) She loves him.
(c) For a bet.
(d) To make Mr. Vandergelder jealous.
4. How is Rudolph described?
(b) Loud and overbearing.
(d) As a snob.
5. What type of music does Cornelius request at the table?
(a) A German band.
(b) A marching band.
(c) A violinist.
(d) The banjo player.
6. How many entrances and exits are available in Act 4?
(a) One trap door.
7. What "miracle" does Cornelius receive from Malachi?
(a) A woman who loves him.
(b) Friendship and respect.
(c) Healing for his cough.
(d) A purse of money.
8. To what does Mrs. Levi compare money?
(b) Fresh leaves.
9. Where does Miss Van H. tell "Ambrose" to warm his feet?
(a) The oven.
(b) Her bed.
(c) The fire.
(d) Her slippers.
10. In Act 4, Mr. Vandergelder compliments Mrs. Levi by calling her?
(a) A wonderful woman.
(b) A penny pincher.
(c) An excellent thief.
(d) An awful liar.
11. In Act 4, who do the real Ermengarde and Ambrose pretend to be?
(a) Ermengarde and Cornelius.
(b) Mrs. Levi and Mrs. Malloy.
(c) Ermengarde and Barnaby.
(d) Ermengarde and Mr. Vandergelder.
12. Where does Ermengarde plan to go after dinner?
(c) Mrs. Levi's.
(d) Aunt Flora's.
13. What is the response to Mr. Vandergelder's marriage proposal?
14. In Act 3, what is Malachi's current weakness?
15. In Act 3, how does the restaurant want to separate the tables?
(a) The band.
(c) A screen.
(d) A koi pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, whose clothes is Barnaby wearing?
2. In Act 3, Mr. Vandergelder asks for a table that seats how many?
3. Why does Malachi think Mr. Vandergelder wants to talk to the cabman?
4. In Act 4, what does Miss. Van H. plan to serve her guests?
5. Mrs. Levi finds "pretty girls" unable to do what?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)