|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Malloy want to give to Minnie's hair?
2. Cornelius thinks the adventure at the restaurant will put him where?
(a) On television.
(b) On America's Most Wanted.
(c) In jail.
(d) In Mrs. Malloy's good graces.
3. Initially, Mrs. Malloy scolds Cornelius for what behavior?
(a) Being friendly to the waiter.
(b) Flirting with other women.
(c) Smoking cigarettes.
4. What is Ermengarde worried she is not being?
(b) A good niece.
5. In Act 3, why does Mrs. Levi say kind things about Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) She hopes he'll become kind.
(b) She's unable to be unkind.
(c) She knows he's listening.
(d) He pays her to do it.
6. Mr. Vandergelder is described as smelling of what?
(a) Brownies and kerosene.
(b) Oats and axle grease.
(c) Yeast and menthol.
(d) Beans and gasoline.
7. What type of music does Cornelius request at the table?
(a) A marching band.
(b) A German band.
(c) A violinist.
(d) The banjo player.
8. What name does Cornelius call Rudolph?
9. What does Mr. Vandergelder do frequently throughout the Matchmaker?
(a) Cause trouble.
(b) Discharge people.
(c) All of these.
10. In Act 4, what continues to panic Miss Van H.?
(a) Her attraction to Mr. Vandergelder.
(b) Her lack of money to buy dinner.
(c) That her lover has not arrived.
(d) When people ask who she is.
11. Who is August bringing champagne for?
(b) The queen.
(c) The mayor.
(d) His fiancé.
12. What type of medicine does Miss Van H. use?
(a) Smelling salts.
13. In Act 4, Mr. Vandergelder compliments Mrs. Levi by calling her?
(a) A wonderful woman.
(b) A penny pincher.
(c) An excellent thief.
(d) An awful liar.
14. What bothers Mr. Vandergelder about letters?
(a) Everyone writes to him.
(b) Nobody writes to him.
(c) Everyone is dear.
(d) They are impersonal.
15. What does Mrs. Levi want from Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) To marry him for love.
(b) To marry him for money.
(c) An apology.
(d) A bottle of French champagne.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Mr. Vandergelder asks for a table that seats how many?
2. At whose home does Act 4 take place?
3. How is August described?
4. What type of accent does Rudolph have?
5. In Act 4, whose clothes is Barnaby wearing?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)