|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Van H. tries to pamper "Ermengarde" with what?
(a) A new silk robe.
(b) A hot bath.
(c) A foot rub.
(d) Smelling salts.
2. What type of medicine does Miss Van H. use?
(c) Smelling salts.
3. How many entrances and exits are available in Act 4?
(b) One trap door.
4. What does Mrs. Malloy want to give to Minnie's hair?
5. Where does Ermengarde plan to go after dinner?
(b) Mrs. Levi's.
(d) Aunt Flora's.
6. What does Barnaby say is the moral of The Matchmaker?
(a) Live life and have adventure.
(b) Love conquers all.
(c) Never ever give up.
(d) Money buys love.
7. To whom does Mr. Vandergelder propose?
(a) Mrs. Levi.
(c) Mrs. Malloy.
(d) Miss Van H.
8. What "miracle" does Cornelius receive from Malachi?
(a) Healing for his cough.
(b) Friendship and respect.
(c) A woman who loves him.
(d) A purse of money.
9. What type of music does Cornelius request at the table?
(a) The banjo player.
(b) A marching band.
(c) A violinist.
(d) A German band.
10. Why does Malachi think Mr. Vandergelder wants to talk to the cabman?
(a) For advice.
(b) He looks like a relative.
(c) For directions.
(d) To buy a cab company.
11. In Act 4, what gift from Mr. Vandergelder touches Mrs. Levi?
(a) French champagne.
(b) An engagement ring.
(d) The purse.
12. Who does Mrs. Levi introduce to Miss Van H.?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder and Ermengarde.
(b) Ambrose and Cornelius.
(c) Mrs. Malloy and Minnie.
(d) Cornelius and Barnaby.
13. According to Malachi, what do more people want instead of breaking into homes?
(a) To break into offices.
(b) To rob banks.
(c) To pick pockets.
(d) To break out.
14. What type of accent does Rudolph have?
15. In Act 4, what type of dancing does Minnie re-enact?
(a) The ballet.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The two step.
(d) The samba.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Vandergelder surprised to see together in Act 3?
2. Cornelius thinks the adventure at the restaurant will put him where?
3. Who is August bringing champagne for?
4. What does Miss Van H. hit Mr. Vandergelder with?
5. At the beginning of Act 4, how does Miss Van H. feel about life?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)