|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cornelius knock over a table?
(a) He does not like his dinner.
(b) He gets angry at Malachi.
(c) Mrs. Malloy tells him to.
(d) To punctuate a joke.
2. In Act 4, whose clothes is Barnaby wearing?
(a) Mrs. Malloy's.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder's.
3. What type of accent does Rudolph have?
4. In Act 4, what continues to panic Miss Van H.?
(a) When people ask who she is.
(b) Her attraction to Mr. Vandergelder.
(c) That her lover has not arrived.
(d) Her lack of money to buy dinner.
5. In Act 3, why does Mrs. Levi say kind things about Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) He pays her to do it.
(b) She knows he's listening.
(c) She's unable to be unkind.
(d) She hopes he'll become kind.
6. Whose house does Mr. Vandergelder want the cabman to go?
(a) Mr. Scott's.
(c) Mr. Vandergelder's.
(d) Miss Flora Van Huysen's.
7. Who does Mrs. Levi introduce to Miss Van H.?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder and Ermengarde.
(b) Cornelius and Barnaby.
(c) Mrs. Malloy and Minnie.
(d) Ambrose and Cornelius.
8. How much does Mr. Vandergelder first offer the cabman for services?
(a) Ten cents.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Fifty cents.
9. What does Miss Van H. demand Mr. Vandergelder do to the guests?
(a) Offer them drinks.
(b) Feed them.
(c) Shake their hands.
(d) Kick them out.
10. What does Mr. Vandergelder lack in Act 4?
(a) A ticket for the show.
(b) His purse of money.
(c) Proper attire.
(d) His overcoat.
11. What is the name of the Cabman's horse?
(a) Old Mare.
12. Miss Van H. feels it is difficult to be what?
(a) A factory worker.
(b) Old and married.
(d) Young and in love.
13. In Act 4, what pair of lovers does Mr. Vandergelder forgive?
(a) Ermengarde and Ambrose.
(b) Cornelius and Mrs. Malloy.
(c) Minnie and Barnaby.
(d) Ermengarde and Barnaby.
14. What does Barnaby say is the moral of The Matchmaker?
(a) Live life and have adventure.
(b) Love conquers all.
(c) Never ever give up.
(d) Money buys love.
15. How is August described?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Levi asks who for permission to marry?
2. In Act 3, Malachi gets what halfway through the night?
3. What name does Cornelius call Rudolph?
4. What is Ermengarde worried she is not being?
5. What drink does Mr. Vandergelder order in advance?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)