|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Malachi gets what halfway through the night?
(d) Proposed to.
2. Mr. Vandergelder is described as smelling of what?
(a) Yeast and menthol.
(b) Oats and axle grease.
(c) Brownies and kerosene.
(d) Beans and gasoline.
3. Why does Malachi think Mr. Vandergelder wants to talk to the cabman?
(a) To buy a cab company.
(b) For directions.
(c) For advice.
(d) He looks like a relative.
4. In Act 3, what is Malachi's current weakness?
5. What type of accent does Rudolph have?
6. At the beginning of Act 4, how does Miss Van H. feel about life?
(b) Grateful to still have it.
(d) Over it.
7. What main dish does Mrs. Malloy order for Minnie?
(b) Foi gras.
8. In Act 4, what does Miss. Van H. plan to serve her guests?
(a) Coffee and gingerbread.
(b) Chicken and spirits.
(c) Whiskey and crackers.
(d) Tea and cake.
9. In Act 4, what does Mrs. Levi take from Mrs. Malloy?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder's heart.
(b) Mr. Vandergelder's purse.
(c) Her engagement ring.
10. In Act 4, what is the home filled with?
(b) Leftover desserts.
(c) Colorful knickknacks.
(d) Pictures of birds.
11. What does Mr. Vandergelder order in advance?
12. Miss Van H. tries to pamper "Ermengarde" with what?
(a) Smelling salts.
(b) A foot rub.
(c) A hot bath.
(d) A new silk robe.
13. In Act 4, what gift from Mr. Vandergelder touches Mrs. Levi?
(a) The purse.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) French champagne.
14. What does Mr. Vandergelder do frequently throughout the Matchmaker?
(a) Discharge people.
(b) Cause trouble.
(d) All of these.
15. In Act 3, why does Mrs. Levi say kind things about Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) She's unable to be unkind.
(b) She knows he's listening.
(c) She hopes he'll become kind.
(d) He pays her to do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Cabman's horse?
2. Cornelius thinks the adventure at the restaurant will put him where?
3. Who does Mrs. Levi introduce to Miss Van H.?
4. What former weakness does Malachi confess to the audience?
5. To what does Mrs. Levi compare money?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)