|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Van H. demand Mr. Vandergelder do to the guests?
(a) Offer them drinks.
(b) Kick them out.
(c) Feed them.
(d) Shake their hands.
2. In Act 4, what continues to panic Miss Van H.?
(a) Her attraction to Mr. Vandergelder.
(b) When people ask who she is.
(c) That her lover has not arrived.
(d) Her lack of money to buy dinner.
3. What does Mrs. Levi want from Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) A bottle of French champagne.
(b) To marry him for money.
(c) An apology.
(d) To marry him for love.
4. In Act 4, what does Miss. Van H. plan to serve her guests?
(a) Whiskey and crackers.
(b) Tea and cake.
(c) Coffee and gingerbread.
(d) Chicken and spirits.
5. What drink does Mr. Vandergelder order in advance?
(a) Black Russian.
(b) A cosmo.
(d) A martini.
6. What name does Cornelius call Rudolph?
7. In Act 3, Mr. Vandergelder asks for a table that seats how many?
8. What main dish does Mrs. Malloy order for Minnie?
(d) Foi gras.
9. What does Barnaby say is the moral of The Matchmaker?
(a) Live life and have adventure.
(b) Love conquers all.
(c) Never ever give up.
(d) Money buys love.
10. What type of medicine does Miss Van H. use?
(d) Smelling salts.
11. Initially, Mrs. Malloy scolds Cornelius for what behavior?
(a) Being friendly to the waiter.
(b) Flirting with other women.
(d) Smoking cigarettes.
12. Mrs. Levi finds "pretty girls" unable to do what?
(a) "Use their brain."
(b) "Attract a rich husband."
(c) "Improve their other advantages."
(d) "Speak ill of others."
13. What is Minnie's original order?
(a) A cheese plate and wine.
(b) Chicken and wine.
(c) Sardines on toast and milk.
(d) Tuna on rye and milk.
14. What bothers Mr. Vandergelder about letters?
(a) Everyone writes to him.
(b) Nobody writes to him.
(c) Everyone is dear.
(d) They are impersonal.
15. Where does Ermengarde plan to go after dinner?
(a) Mrs. Levi's.
(b) Aunt Flora's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Miss Van H. described?
2. Whom does Miss Van H. mistake for Ermengarde and Ambrose?
3. What is the name of the Cabman's horse?
4. Whom does Cornelius toast?
5. To what does Mrs. Levi compare money?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)