|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cornelius sleep at night?
(a) The Biltmore Hotel.
(b) His car.
(c) Mr. Vandergelder's bran room.
(d) Wherever he can.
2. What type of store does Mrs. Molloy own?
(a) Book store.
(b) Wine shop.
(c) Dress shop.
(d) Hat store.
3. In Act 2, Mr. Vandergelder is told Cornelius lives what?
(a) By the seat of his pants.
(b) In a mansion.
(c) As if each day is his last.
(d) A double life.
4. How old does Mr. Vandergelder think Cornelius is?
5. In Act 2, what type of outing are Cornelius and Barnaby on?
(a) A drinking binge.
(b) A shopping expedition.
(c) A family meeting.
(d) An adventure.
6. Who reveals Ermengarde's whereabouts at the beginning of Act 1?
(d) Mr. Vandergelder.
7. What does Mrs. Levi reveal to Ambrose?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder is dying.
(b) Ermengarde sees other men.
(c) Ermengarde has no money.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder plans to marry.
8. What makes Cornelius and Barnaby sneeze?
(b) Mrs. Levi.
9. How many entrance doorways are there in Act 2?
10. In Act 2, how many custom-made items do Cornelius and Barnaby claim to want?
11. What does Mr. Vandergelder do to avoid lending money to Mrs. Levi?
(a) Leaves the room.
(b) Pretends to lose his hearing.
(c) Gives her counterfeit bills.
(d) Fakes a fit of coughing and sneezing.
12. Where do Cornelius and Barnaby pretend to be from?
(a) Wicker Park.
(b) West Hollywood.
(c) Long Island.
13. What gives away Cornelius and Barnaby's hiding place?
(a) Cornelius' laughter.
(b) A nosy dog.
(c) Barnaby's sneeze.
(d) The maid's discovery.
14. In Act 2, Cornelius praises what in his speech to the audience?
15. In Act 2, what outsider finds Cornelius and Barnaby hiding?
(c) Mrs. Levi.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of shoes does Minnie wear?
2. What does Mrs. Levi accidentally give to Ambrose?
3. In what location does Act 2 take place?
4. What does Mr. Vandergelder take back from Mrs. Malloy?
5. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be wife is what?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)