|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Cornelius and Barnaby sneeze?
(d) Mrs. Levi.
2. Ambrose tells Ermengarde she has the soul of a what?
(a) Field mouse.
(d) Wanton woman.
3. According to Mr. Vandergelder, merchants don't do business with what?
4. In Act 1, what prevents Cornelius from an automatic promotion?
(a) His attraction to Ermengarde.
(b) His lack of experience.
(c) His age.
(d) His attitude.
5. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be wife wears what?
(a) Tablecloths and window curtains.
(b) Custom-made gowns.
(c) Finest silks and ribbons.
(d) Trousers and men's shirts.
6. What is Mrs. Malloy's marriage status?
7. Ambrose is dressed as what, at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) A king.
(b) A policeman.
(c) An invalid.
(d) An artist.
8. Who reveals Ermengarde's whereabouts at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder.
9. What does Mrs. Malloy do to Cornelius and Barnaby's hats?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Sells them.
(c) Hides them.
(d) Decorates them.
10. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be bride's father is a what?
11. What does Cornelius want Mrs. Malloy to think of him?
(a) He's handsome.
(b) He's rich.
(c) He's married.
(d) He's smart.
12. What does Cornelius hope to do to Mrs. Malloy?
(a) Rob her.
(b) Put her out of business.
(c) Set her up with Mr. Vandergelder.
(d) Kiss her.
13. What type of transportation does Mr. Vandergelder own?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A station wagon.
(c) A buggy.
(d) A Porsche.
14. In Act 1, what does Ambrose ask Ermengarde to do?
(a) Have his children.
(c) Speak ill of her family.
(d) Steal heirlooms.
15. According to Mrs. Malloy, people think milliners are what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be wife eats what?
2. In Act 2, what outsider finds Cornelius and Barnaby hiding?
3. What does Mrs. Levi suffer from?
4. Who are Cornelius and Barnaby hiding from in Act 2?
5. According to legend, what did the Hackls build?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)