|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, what purchase do Cornelius and Barnaby fake interest in?
(b) A dress.
(c) A hat.
(d) A puppy.
2. What type of store does Mr. Vandergelder run?
(b) Tools and automobiles.
(c) Hay, feed, and provision.
3. In Act 2, what type of outing are Cornelius and Barnaby on?
(a) A shopping expedition.
(b) An adventure.
(c) A drinking binge.
(d) A family meeting.
4. In Act 1, what does Ambrose ask Ermengarde to do?
(a) Speak ill of her family.
(c) Have his children.
(d) Steal heirlooms.
5. Mrs. Levi tells Mr. Vandergelder she will be rich if she does what?
(a) Becomes a thief.
(b) Marries right.
(c) Wins a lawsuit.
(d) Reinvents the wheel.
6. How old does Mr. Vandergelder think Cornelius is?
7. "Marriage is a bribe designed to make a housekeeper think she's..." what?
(a) "A homemaker."
(c) "Worth her wage."
(d) "A queen."
8. What type of straw does Mrs. Malloy offer Cornelius?
9. What gives away Cornelius and Barnaby's hiding place?
(a) The maid's discovery.
(b) Barnaby's sneeze.
(c) A nosy dog.
(d) Cornelius' laughter.
10. According to Mrs. Malloy, ribbons will be worn how?
(a) In the hair.
(b) On a dress.
(c) Down the back.
(d) Not at all.
11. What does Malachi claim to want from Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) A scholarship.
(b) An apprenticeship.
(c) An endorsement of his art.
(d) His daughter's hand.
12. Where does Act 1 take place?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder's office.
(b) A park.
(c) Mr. Vandergelder's living room.
(d) A barbershop.
13. What does Mrs. Levi tell Mr. Vandergelder to order for dinner in New York?
(a) Bagels and cream cheese.
(b) Chicken and wine.
(c) Steak and champagne.
(d) Pasta and cheese.
14. In Act 2, whom does Cornelius develop feelings for?
(b) His wife.
(c) Mrs. Levi.
(d) Mrs. Malloy.
15. In Act 2, who claims to find Mr. Vandergelder unattractive?
(a) Mrs. Malloy.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Malloy, marriage offers excellent _______.
2. In Act 1, a ladder extends down from what?
3. When do Mrs. Levi and Mr. Vandergelder plan to meet outside Mrs. Malloy's store?
4. In Act 1, who shaves Mr. Vandergelder?
5. What does Ambrose want, at the beginning of Act 1?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)