|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, who shaves Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) Ambrose Kemper.
(b) Joe Scanlon.
2. In Act 1, whom does Mrs. Levi say she hoped Mr. Vandergelder would marry?
(a) Ernesta Plain.
(b) Courtenay Marie.
(c) Ernestina Simple.
(d) Constance Bigsby.
3. Whom does Mr. Vandergelder reveal he will propose to?
(b) His first true love.
(c) Mrs. Levi.
(d) Mrs. Molloy.
4. Ambrose is dressed as what, at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) A king.
(b) An artist.
(c) An invalid.
(d) A policeman.
5. In Act 2, Mr. Vandergelder is told Cornelius lives what?
(a) In a mansion.
(b) By the seat of his pants.
(c) As if each day is his last.
(d) A double life.
6. How does Mrs. Levi predict Mr. Vandergelder's life path?
(a) Reviewing his net worth.
(b) Reading his fortune.
(c) Judging his physique.
(d) Reading his palm.
7. In Act 2, whom does Cornelius develop feelings for?
(a) His wife.
(b) Mrs. Malloy.
(c) Mrs. Levi.
8. In Act 2, how many custom-made items do Cornelius and Barnaby claim to want?
9. What gift does Mr. Vandergelder give to Mrs. Malloy?
(a) A dress.
(b) A box of chocolates.
(c) A hat.
10. Mr. Vandergelder suggests Mrs. Malloy's workers deserve what?
(a) A wage increase.
(b) A wage decrease.
(c) Free merchandise.
(d) A bonus.
11. Who claims she will marry Mr. Vandergelder, if asked?
(a) Mrs. Malloy.
(d) Mrs. Levi.
12. In what city does Act 2 take place?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
13. In Act 2, where do Cornelius and Barnaby hide from Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) In the car.
(c) The wardrobe.
(d) Behind a tree.
14. According to Mrs. Malloy, people think milliners are what?
15. What does Joe refuse to do, even for fifty cents?
(a) Speak bad of someone.
(b) Shave a man bald.
(c) Reveal a secret.
(d) Dye hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Mrs. Malloy covers for whom?
2. When do Mrs. Levi and Mr. Vandergelder plan to meet outside Mrs. Malloy's store?
3. Mrs. Levi says Mr. Vandergelder must do what by the end of the week?
4. What type of men does Mrs. Malloy always encounter?
5. In Act 2, what type of outing are Cornelius and Barnaby on?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)