|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Levi accidentally give to Ambrose?
(a) A varicose vein ad.
(b) A liposuction ad.
(c) A matchmaker's card.
(d) Her personal phone number.
2. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be wife is what?
(a) Reasonable and interesting.
(b) Simple, domestic, practical.
(c) Honest and ethical.
(d) Gifted with an open heart and a closed mouth.
3. Who are Cornelius and Barnaby hiding from in Act 2?
(a) Mrs. Levi.
(b) Ernestina Simple.
(c) The Boogeyman.
(d) The Wolfman.
4. How does Mrs. Levi predict Mr. Vandergelder's life path?
(a) Reading his fortune.
(b) Reading his palm.
(c) Reviewing his net worth.
(d) Judging his physique.
5. In what location does Act 2 take place?
(a) Joseph Crane's auto shop.
(b) Minnie Meyer's dress shop.
(c) Jon Gibbs' steakhouse.
(d) Mrs. Malloy's hat shop.
6. How many entrance doorways are there in Act 2?
7. According to Mr. Vandergelder, merchants don't do business with what?
8. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be wife wears what?
(a) Finest silks and ribbons.
(b) Tablecloths and window curtains.
(c) Custom-made gowns.
(d) Trousers and men's shirts.
9. What does Mrs. Malloy do to Cornelius and Barnaby's hats?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Sells them.
(c) Hides them.
(d) Decorates them.
10. What does Cornelius hope to do to Mrs. Malloy?
(a) Put her out of business.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Set her up with Mr. Vandergelder.
(d) Rob her.
11. Mrs. Levi claims she will get what out of helping Ambrose and Ermengarde?
(a) Revenge on Mr. Vandergelder.
(b) A tip from Mr. Vandergelder.
(c) Profit and pleasure.
(d) Vicarious romance.
12. What does Joe refuse to do, even for fifty cents?
(a) Shave a man bald.
(b) Speak bad of someone.
(c) Reveal a secret.
(d) Dye hair.
13. Mrs. Malloy asks Minnie to put what on an ugly hat?
(b) A sponge.
(d) A feather.
14. What does Mrs. Levi suffer from?
(d) A desire to see others in love.
15. What makes Cornelius and Barnaby sneeze?
(c) Mrs. Levi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of men does Mrs. Malloy always encounter?
2. According to Mr. Vandergelder, what percentage of the world is "fools"?
3. What kind of bag does Mr. Vandergelder own?
4. According to Mrs. Malloy, ribbons will be worn how?
5. What type of instruction does Mrs. Levi offer?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)