|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Mr. Vandergelder lend Mrs. Levi?
(a) He does not give her anything.
(b) Twenty-five dollars.
(c) The full amount requested.
(d) Ten dollars.
2. What does Mrs. Levi suffer from?
(d) A desire to see others in love.
3. In Act 2, how many custom-made items do Cornelius and Barnaby claim to want?
4. Whom does Mr. Vandergelder reveal he will propose to?
(a) Mrs. Molloy.
(b) His first true love.
(c) Mrs. Levi.
5. In Act 2, Mrs. Malloy covers for whom?
(a) Cornelius and Barnaby.
(b) Ermengarde and Ambrose.
(c) Mrs. Malloy.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder.
6. What size is the hat Barnaby wears in Act 2?
7. In Act 2, where do Cornelius and Barnaby hide from Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) Behind a tree.
(b) The wardrobe.
(c) In the car.
(d) Under the bed.
8. At the opening of the play, what do Ambrose and Mr. Vandergelder fight about?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder's daughter.
(b) Mr. Vandergelder's taxes.
(c) Ambrose's lack of ethics.
(d) Ambrose's loud dog.
9. In what city does Act 2 take place?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
10. What type of store does Mrs. Molloy own?
(a) Book store.
(b) Wine shop.
(c) Hat store.
(d) Dress shop.
11. What type of straw does Mrs. Malloy offer Cornelius?
12. How much does Mrs. Levi want to borrow from Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Fifteen dollars.
13. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be wife is what?
(a) Simple, domestic, practical.
(b) Reasonable and interesting.
(c) Gifted with an open heart and a closed mouth.
(d) Honest and ethical.
14. In Act 2, what outsider finds Cornelius and Barnaby hiding?
(a) Mrs. Levi.
(c) Mr. Vandergelder.
15. What type of shoes does Minnie wear?
(b) Rubber boots.
(c) High heels.
(d) Felt overshoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, who shaves Mr. Vandergelder?
2. Who dislikes the milliner business?
3. According to legend, what did the Hackls build?
4. In Act 2, what purchase do Cornelius and Barnaby fake interest in?
5. What kind of bag does Mr. Vandergelder own?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)