|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What person do Cornelius and Mrs. Malloy have in common?
(a) Mrs. Levi.
(c) Mr. Vandergelder.
2. In Act 2, Cornelius praises what in his speech to the audience?
3. In Act 1, what prevents Cornelius from an automatic promotion?
(a) His attitude.
(b) His lack of experience.
(c) His age.
(d) His attraction to Ermengarde.
4. Mrs. Levi suggests Mr. Vandergelder make Cornelius what?
(a) Work harder.
(d) Move out.
5. What type of men does Mrs. Malloy always encounter?
(a) Husband material.
(b) Wheat merchants.
(c) Feather merchants.
6. What type of straw does Mrs. Malloy offer Cornelius?
7. In Act 2, who claims to find Mr. Vandergelder unattractive?
(c) Mrs. Malloy.
8. In Act 1, Mr. Vandergelder informs Joe of what secret?
(a) Ermengarde is pregnant.
(b) His company has failed.
(c) Ambrose is a criminal.
(d) He plans to marry.
9. How does Mrs. Levi predict Mr. Vandergelder's life path?
(a) Judging his physique.
(b) Reading his palm.
(c) Reading his fortune.
(d) Reviewing his net worth.
10. Where does Mrs. Levi instruct Mr. Vandergelder to meet his should-be bride?
(a) Badgley Place.
(b) Harmonia Gardens.
(c) Fifth and Broadway.
(d) Central Park.
11. What does Joe refuse to do, even for fifty cents?
(a) Reveal a secret.
(b) Dye hair.
(c) Shave a man bald.
(d) Speak bad of someone.
12. Ambrose tells Ermengarde she has the soul of a what?
(b) Field mouse.
(d) Wanton woman.
13. What does Malachi claim to want from Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) An apprenticeship.
(b) A scholarship.
(c) An endorsement of his art.
(d) His daughter's hand.
14. What gives away Cornelius and Barnaby's hiding place?
(a) Barnaby's sneeze.
(b) A nosy dog.
(c) The maid's discovery.
(d) Cornelius' laughter.
15. Where does Act 1 take place?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder's living room.
(b) A barbershop.
(c) A park.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of hat does Cornelius wear in Act 2?
2. According to Mrs. Malloy, marriage offers excellent _______.
3. In Act 2, whom does Cornelius develop feelings for?
4. Where does Cornelius sleep at night?
5. In Act 2, Mr. Vandergelder is told Cornelius lives what?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)