|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of transportation does Mr. Vandergelder own?
(a) A station wagon.
(b) A buggy.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A Porsche.
2. In Act 1, what does Ambrose ask Ermengarde to do?
(a) Speak ill of her family.
(c) Have his children.
(d) Steal heirlooms.
3. Mrs. Malloy ask Cornelius to take her where?
(a) Central Park.
(b) The symphony.
(c) Tavern on the Green.
(d) Harmonia Gardens Restaurant.
4. What is the code word for adventure?
(a) Whipped cream.
(b) Apple pie.
5. What does Cornelius want Mrs. Malloy to think of him?
(a) He's rich.
(b) He's smart.
(c) He's married.
(d) He's handsome.
6. How much money does Mr. Vandergelder lend Mrs. Levi?
(a) He does not give her anything.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) The full amount requested.
(d) Twenty-five dollars.
7. What does Mrs. Levi tell Mr. Vandergelder to order for dinner in New York?
(a) Pasta and cheese.
(b) Steak and champagne.
(c) Chicken and wine.
(d) Bagels and cream cheese.
8. What does Malachi claim to want from Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) His daughter's hand.
(b) An endorsement of his art.
(c) An apprenticeship.
(d) A scholarship.
9. In Act 1, what prevents Cornelius from an automatic promotion?
(a) His attraction to Ermengarde.
(b) His attitude.
(c) His lack of experience.
(d) His age.
10. What type of store does Mr. Vandergelder run?
(c) Tools and automobiles.
(d) Hay, feed, and provision.
11. How many entrance doorways are there in Act 2?
12. What set piece takes up the middle of the back wall in Act 2?
(a) A coat rack.
(b) Tea tables.
(c) A large sofa.
(d) A slide.
13. What makes Cornelius and Barnaby sneeze?
(c) Mrs. Levi.
14. What gift does Mr. Vandergelder give to Mrs. Malloy?
(b) A box of chocolates.
(c) A dress.
(d) A hat.
15. According to legend, Cornelius physically pulled who in a carriage?
(a) The mayor's wife.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(c) Mrs. Levi.
(d) Jenny Lind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Cornelius and Barnaby hiding from in Act 2?
2. What does Mr. Vandergelder smoke at the beginning of the play?
3. Who dislikes the milliner business?
4. Mrs. Malloy asks Minnie to put what on an ugly hat?
5. Whom does Mr. Vandergelder reveal he will propose to?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)