|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to legend, Cornelius physically pulled who in a carriage?
(a) Mrs. Levi.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(c) The mayor's wife.
(d) Jenny Lind.
2. What type of straw does Mrs. Malloy offer Cornelius?
3. In Act 1, what does Ambrose ask Ermengarde to do?
(a) Steal heirlooms.
(b) Speak ill of her family.
(d) Have his children.
4. Mr. Vandergelder is Ermengarde's what?
5. In Act 1, Mr. Vandergelder informs Joe of what secret?
(a) He plans to marry.
(b) Ambrose is a criminal.
(c) His company has failed.
(d) Ermengarde is pregnant.
6. What does Mrs. Levi tell Mr. Vandergelder to order for dinner in New York?
(a) Pasta and cheese.
(b) Chicken and wine.
(c) Steak and champagne.
(d) Bagels and cream cheese.
7. Where does Act 1 take place?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder's living room.
(b) Mr. Vandergelder's office.
(c) A barbershop.
(d) A park.
8. In Act 1, a ladder extends down from what?
(a) A trap door.
(b) The moon.
(c) A tree.
(d) The window.
9. Who claims she will marry Mr. Vandergelder, if asked?
(b) Mrs. Levi.
(c) Mrs. Malloy.
10. What is the code word for adventure?
(b) Apple pie.
(c) Whipped cream.
11. Mrs. Levi suggests Mr. Vandergelder make Cornelius what?
(b) Move out.
(d) Work harder.
12. Mr. Vandergelder enters Act 2 with whom?
(a) Mrs. Levi.
(b) Mrs. Molloy.
13. In Act 2, where do Cornelius and Barnaby hide from Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) In the car.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) The wardrobe.
(d) Behind a tree.
14. How much money does Mr. Vandergelder lend Mrs. Levi?
(a) He does not give her anything.
(b) The full amount requested.
(c) Twenty-five dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
15. Who reveals Ermengarde's whereabouts at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cornelius sleep at night?
2. What makes Cornelius and Barnaby sneeze?
3. In Act 2, how many custom-made items do Cornelius and Barnaby claim to want?
4. What does Ambrose want, at the beginning of Act 1?
5. In Act 2, what outsider finds Cornelius and Barnaby hiding?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)