|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Malloy, people think milliners are what?
2. Mrs. Levi claims she will get what out of helping Ambrose and Ermengarde?
(a) Vicarious romance.
(b) Profit and pleasure.
(c) Revenge on Mr. Vandergelder.
(d) A tip from Mr. Vandergelder.
3. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be bride's father is a what?
4. In Act 1, who shaves Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) Joe Scanlon.
(c) Ambrose Kemper.
5. In what location does Act 2 take place?
(a) Jon Gibbs' steakhouse.
(b) Mrs. Malloy's hat shop.
(c) Minnie Meyer's dress shop.
(d) Joseph Crane's auto shop.
6. Mrs. Malloy ask Cornelius to take her where?
(a) Harmonia Gardens Restaurant.
(b) Central Park.
(c) The symphony.
(d) Tavern on the Green.
7. In Act 1, Mr. Vandergelder informs Joe of what secret?
(a) Ermengarde is pregnant.
(b) His company has failed.
(c) Ambrose is a criminal.
(d) He plans to marry.
8. What is the code word for adventure?
(b) Whipped cream.
(c) Apple pie.
9. In Act 2, whom does Cornelius develop feelings for?
(a) Mrs. Levi.
(c) His wife.
(d) Mrs. Malloy.
10. What size is the hat Barnaby wears in Act 2?
11. Who are Cornelius and Barnaby hiding from in Act 2?
(a) Ernestina Simple.
(b) Mrs. Levi.
(c) The Boogeyman.
(d) The Wolfman.
12. At the opening of the play, what do Ambrose and Mr. Vandergelder fight about?
(a) Ambrose's lack of ethics.
(b) Ambrose's loud dog.
(c) Mr. Vandergelder's daughter.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder's taxes.
13. According to Mr. Vandergelder, merchants don't do business with what?
14. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be wife wears what?
(a) Finest silks and ribbons.
(b) Tablecloths and window curtains.
(c) Trousers and men's shirts.
(d) Custom-made gowns.
15. Yonkers is how many miles north of New York City?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cornelius want Mrs. Malloy to think of him?
2. Whom does Mr. Vandergelder reveal he will propose to?
3. What does Ambrose want, at the beginning of Act 1?
4. What does Mr. Vandergelder take back from Mrs. Malloy?
5. In Act 2, how many custom-made items do Cornelius and Barnaby claim to want?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)