|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, how many custom-made items do Cornelius and Barnaby claim to want?
2. What does Mrs. Levi suffer from?
(b) A desire to see others in love.
3. "Marriage is a bribe designed to make a housekeeper think she's..." what?
(a) "Worth her wage."
(b) "A queen."
(d) "A homemaker."
4. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be bride's father is a what?
5. In Act 2, what type of outing are Cornelius and Barnaby on?
(a) An adventure.
(b) A shopping expedition.
(c) A family meeting.
(d) A drinking binge.
6. What does Mr. Vandergelder take back from Mrs. Malloy?
(a) The roses.
(b) The chocolates.
(c) A commission.
(d) A marriage proposal.
7. Who are Cornelius and Barnaby hiding from in Act 2?
(a) The Wolfman.
(b) Mrs. Levi.
(c) The Boogeyman.
(d) Ernestina Simple.
8. How much money does Mr. Vandergelder lend Mrs. Levi?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) The full amount requested.
(c) Twenty-five dollars.
(d) He does not give her anything.
9. Mrs. Levi claims she will get what out of helping Ambrose and Ermengarde?
(a) A tip from Mr. Vandergelder.
(b) Vicarious romance.
(c) Revenge on Mr. Vandergelder.
(d) Profit and pleasure.
10. What makes Cornelius and Barnaby sneeze?
(d) Mrs. Levi.
11. Ambrose tells Ermengarde she has the soul of a what?
(b) Field mouse.
(c) Wanton woman.
12. In what location does Act 2 take place?
(a) Joseph Crane's auto shop.
(b) Mrs. Malloy's hat shop.
(c) Jon Gibbs' steakhouse.
(d) Minnie Meyer's dress shop.
13. When do Mrs. Levi and Mr. Vandergelder plan to meet outside Mrs. Malloy's store?
(a) 4:30 p.m.
(b) 10 a.m.
(c) 5:00 p.m.
14. Whom does Mr. Vandergelder reveal he will propose to?
(a) Mrs. Levi.
(c) His first true love.
(d) Mrs. Molloy.
15. What type of store does Mrs. Molloy own?
(a) Book store.
(b) Wine shop.
(c) Dress shop.
(d) Hat store.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, whom does Mrs. Levi say she hoped Mr. Vandergelder would marry?
2. What type of instruction does Mrs. Levi offer?
3. Yonkers is how many miles north of New York City?
4. What type of store does Mr. Vandergelder run?
5. In Act 1, what prevents Cornelius from an automatic promotion?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)