|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims she will marry Mr. Vandergelder, if asked?
(a) Mrs. Levi.
(c) Mrs. Malloy.
2. What does Mrs. Levi suffer from?
(b) A desire to see others in love.
3. What type of store does Mr. Vandergelder run?
(b) Hay, feed, and provision.
(d) Tools and automobiles.
4. Where does Act 1 take place?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder's living room.
(b) A park.
(c) A barbershop.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder's office.
5. At the opening of the play, what do Ambrose and Mr. Vandergelder fight about?
(a) Ambrose's loud dog.
(b) Mr. Vandergelder's daughter.
(c) Mr. Vandergelder's taxes.
(d) Ambrose's lack of ethics.
6. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be bride's father is a what?
7. What is the code word for adventure?
(b) Apple pie.
(c) Whipped cream.
8. How much money does Mr. Vandergelder lend Mrs. Levi?
(a) The full amount requested.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) He does not give her anything.
(d) Twenty-five dollars.
9. Mrs. Levi claims she will get what out of helping Ambrose and Ermengarde?
(a) Profit and pleasure.
(b) Revenge on Mr. Vandergelder.
(c) Vicarious romance.
(d) A tip from Mr. Vandergelder.
10. In Act 2, what type of outing are Cornelius and Barnaby on?
(a) An adventure.
(b) A drinking binge.
(c) A family meeting.
(d) A shopping expedition.
11. What does Mrs. Levi tell Mr. Vandergelder to order for dinner in New York?
(a) Pasta and cheese.
(b) Steak and champagne.
(c) Bagels and cream cheese.
(d) Chicken and wine.
12. In what location does Act 2 take place?
(a) Minnie Meyer's dress shop.
(b) Mrs. Malloy's hat shop.
(c) Joseph Crane's auto shop.
(d) Jon Gibbs' steakhouse.
13. What type of transportation does Mr. Vandergelder own?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A buggy.
(c) A Porsche.
(d) A station wagon.
14. Whom does Mr. Vandergelder reveal he will propose to?
(a) Mrs. Molloy.
(c) Mrs. Levi.
(d) His first true love.
15. Ambrose is in what mood at the beginning of Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, a ladder extends down from what?
2. Yonkers is how many miles north of New York City?
3. Mrs. Malloy ask Cornelius to take her where?
4. In Act 1, Mr. Vandergelder informs Joe of what secret?
5. In Act 1, how does Joe call Cornelius?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)