|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what location does Act 2 take place?
(a) Mrs. Malloy's hat shop.
(b) Minnie Meyer's dress shop.
(c) Joseph Crane's auto shop.
(d) Jon Gibbs' steakhouse.
2. How much money does Cornelius have in Mr. Vandergelder's safe?
3. In Act 1, what prevents Cornelius from an automatic promotion?
(a) His lack of experience.
(b) His age.
(c) His attraction to Ermengarde.
(d) His attitude.
4. How does Mrs. Levi predict Mr. Vandergelder's life path?
(a) Judging his physique.
(b) Reading his fortune.
(c) Reviewing his net worth.
(d) Reading his palm.
5. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be bride's father is a what?
6. What does Mr. Vandergelder smoke at the beginning of the play?
(b) A pipe.
(d) A cigar.
7. What does Mrs. Levi reveal to Ambrose?
(a) Ermengarde has no money.
(b) Ermengarde sees other men.
(c) Mr. Vandergelder plans to marry.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder is dying.
8. What gives away Cornelius and Barnaby's hiding place?
(a) A nosy dog.
(b) Barnaby's sneeze.
(c) Cornelius' laughter.
(d) The maid's discovery.
9. In what city does Act 2 take place?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
10. What does Joe refuse to do, even for fifty cents?
(a) Speak bad of someone.
(b) Reveal a secret.
(c) Shave a man bald.
(d) Dye hair.
11. Mrs. Levi suggests Mr. Vandergelder make Cornelius what?
(a) Work harder.
(d) Move out.
12. "Marriage is a bribe designed to make a housekeeper think she's..." what?
(a) "A homemaker."
(b) "Worth her wage."
(d) "A queen."
13. Who are Cornelius and Barnaby hiding from in Act 2?
(a) Ernestina Simple.
(b) Mrs. Levi.
(c) The Wolfman.
(d) The Boogeyman.
14. What is the code word for adventure?
(c) Apple pie.
(d) Whipped cream.
15. Who reveals Ermengarde's whereabouts at the beginning of Act 1?
(d) Mr. Vandergelder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Vandergelder is Ermengarde's what?
2. In Act 1, how does Joe call Cornelius?
3. What position does Cornelius hold?
4. Who dislikes the milliner business?
5. At the opening of the play, what do Ambrose and Mr. Vandergelder fight about?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)