|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Levi reveal to Ambrose?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder is dying.
(b) Mr. Vandergelder plans to marry.
(c) Ermengarde has no money.
(d) Ermengarde sees other men.
2. According to Mr. Vandergelder, merchants don't do business with what?
3. What makes Cornelius and Barnaby sneeze?
(c) Mrs. Levi.
4. What is the code word for adventure?
(b) Whipped cream.
(d) Apple pie.
5. In Act 2, what purchase do Cornelius and Barnaby fake interest in?
(a) A hat.
(b) A dress.
(d) A puppy.
6. Ambrose tells Ermengarde she has the soul of a what?
(a) Field mouse.
(c) Wanton woman.
7. In Act 1, how does Joe call Cornelius?
(a) Sending a note via messenger.
(b) On the telephone.
(c) Screaming at the top of his lungs.
(d) Stamping three times.
8. According to legend, what did the Hackls build?
(a) The Raritan Canal.
(b) Taj Mahal.
(c) The Brooklyn Bridge.
(d) The Egyptian Pyramids.
9. In Act 2, what sound is made when a door opens?
(b) Creaking and groaning.
10. What type of store does Mr. Vandergelder run?
(c) Tools and automobiles.
(d) Hay, feed, and provision.
11. In Act 1, what prevents Cornelius from an automatic promotion?
(a) His lack of experience.
(b) His attraction to Ermengarde.
(c) His age.
(d) His attitude.
12. What type of shoes does Minnie wear?
(a) Rubber boots.
(c) High heels.
(d) Felt overshoes.
13. According to Mrs. Malloy, marriage offers excellent _______.
14. In Act 1, whom does Mrs. Levi say she hoped Mr. Vandergelder would marry?
(a) Ernesta Plain.
(b) Courtenay Marie.
(c) Constance Bigsby.
(d) Ernestina Simple.
15. Where does Mrs. Levi instruct Mr. Vandergelder to meet his should-be bride?
(a) Harmonia Gardens.
(b) Central Park.
(c) Badgley Place.
(d) Fifth and Broadway.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Mrs. Malloy covers for whom?
2. According to Mrs. Malloy, people think milliners are what?
3. In Act 2, Mr. Vandergelder is told Cornelius lives what?
4. In what city does Act 2 take place?
5. How much money does Cornelius have in Mr. Vandergelder's safe?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)