Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Levi says Mr. Vandergelder must do what by the end of the week?
(a) Sell his shop.
(b) Get married.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Pay her back.
2. How many entrances exist in Act 1?
3. What does Mrs. Levi suffer from?
(c) A desire to see others in love.
4. According to Mrs. Malloy, marriage offers excellent _______.
5. Mrs. Levi claims she will get what out of helping Ambrose and Ermengarde?
(a) A tip from Mr. Vandergelder.
(b) Vicarious romance.
(c) Profit and pleasure.
(d) Revenge on Mr. Vandergelder.
6. Ambrose tells Ermengarde she has the soul of a what?
(c) Wanton woman.
(d) Field mouse.
7. What does Mr. Vandergelder smoke at the beginning of the play?
(b) A cigar.
(d) A pipe.
8. What gives away Cornelius and Barnaby's hiding place?
(a) Barnaby's sneeze.
(b) Cornelius' laughter.
(c) A nosy dog.
(d) The maid's discovery.
9. How many entrance doorways are there in Act 2?
10. Where does Mrs. Levi instruct Mr. Vandergelder to meet his should-be bride?
(a) Badgley Place.
(b) Central Park.
(c) Fifth and Broadway.
(d) Harmonia Gardens.
11. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be wife is what?
(a) Honest and ethical.
(b) Reasonable and interesting.
(c) Gifted with an open heart and a closed mouth.
(d) Simple, domestic, practical.
12. According to Mr. Vandergelder, what percentage of the world is "fools"?
(a) 25 percent.
(b) 100 percent.
(c) 90 percent.
(d) 50 percent.
13. In Act 2, what purchase do Cornelius and Barnaby fake interest in?
(b) A dress.
(c) A hat.
(d) A puppy.
14. What does Mrs. Levi reveal to Ambrose?
(a) Ermengarde sees other men.
(b) Mr. Vandergelder is dying.
(c) Mr. Vandergelder plans to marry.
(d) Ermengarde has no money.
15. What type of instruction does Mrs. Levi offer?
(a) Piano and mandolin.
(b) Guitar and violin.
(d) Mandolin and guitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cornelius want Mrs. Malloy to think of him?
2. "Marriage is a bribe designed to make a housekeeper think she's..." what?
3. In Act 1, Mr. Vandergelder informs Joe of what secret?
4. What position does Cornelius hold?
5. In Act 2, who claims to find Mr. Vandergelder unattractive?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)