|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Malloy's marriage status?
2. Mrs. Levi claims she will get what out of helping Ambrose and Ermengarde?
(a) Profit and pleasure.
(b) Vicarious romance.
(c) A tip from Mr. Vandergelder.
(d) Revenge on Mr. Vandergelder.
3. How does Mrs. Levi predict Mr. Vandergelder's life path?
(a) Judging his physique.
(b) Reading his fortune.
(c) Reading his palm.
(d) Reviewing his net worth.
4. Mrs. Levi says Mr. Vandergelder must do what by the end of the week?
(a) Sell his shop.
(b) Get married.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Pay her back.
5. How many entrances exist in Act 1?
6. Who dislikes the milliner business?
(a) Mrs. Levi.
(b) Mrs. Malloy.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder.
7. Ambrose is dressed as what, at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) An invalid.
(b) A king.
(c) A policeman.
(d) An artist.
8. In Act 2, what outsider finds Cornelius and Barnaby hiding?
(b) Mr. Vandergelder.
(d) Mrs. Levi.
9. In Act 2, how many custom-made items do Cornelius and Barnaby claim to want?
10. What type of straw does Mrs. Malloy offer Cornelius?
11. What type of shoes does Minnie wear?
(b) Rubber boots.
(c) High heels.
(d) Felt overshoes.
12. Mrs. Malloy ask Cornelius to take her where?
(a) Tavern on the Green.
(b) The symphony.
(c) Harmonia Gardens Restaurant.
(d) Central Park.
13. What does Mr. Vandergelder smoke at the beginning of the play?
(b) A cigar.
(c) A pipe.
14. In Act 2, where do Cornelius and Barnaby hide from Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) The wardrobe.
(b) Behind a tree.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) In the car.
15. What size is the hat Barnaby wears in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What person do Cornelius and Mrs. Malloy have in common?
2. According to legend, Cornelius physically pulled who in a carriage?
3. Who claims she will marry Mr. Vandergelder, if asked?
4. What does Mrs. Levi reveal to Ambrose?
5. According to Mrs. Malloy, marriage offers excellent _______.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)