|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What set piece takes up the middle of the back wall in Act 2?
(a) A coat rack.
(b) A slide.
(c) Tea tables.
(d) A large sofa.
2. What type of straw does Mrs. Malloy offer Cornelius?
3. What does Malachi claim to want from Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) An endorsement of his art.
(b) A scholarship.
(c) His daughter's hand.
(d) An apprenticeship.
4. What does Mr. Vandergelder do to avoid lending money to Mrs. Levi?
(a) Gives her counterfeit bills.
(b) Fakes a fit of coughing and sneezing.
(c) Leaves the room.
(d) Pretends to lose his hearing.
5. According to Mrs. Malloy, marriage offers excellent _______.
6. Ambrose is dressed as what, at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A king.
(c) An artist.
(d) An invalid.
7. At the opening of the play, what do Ambrose and Mr. Vandergelder fight about?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder's daughter.
(b) Mr. Vandergelder's taxes.
(c) Ambrose's lack of ethics.
(d) Ambrose's loud dog.
8. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be wife eats what?
(a) Apples and lettuce.
(b) Meat and potatoes.
(c) As little as possible.
(d) Creams and tarts.
9. In Act 1, who shaves Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) Ambrose Kemper.
(c) Joe Scanlon.
10. In Act 1, how does Joe call Cornelius?
(a) Sending a note via messenger.
(b) Stamping three times.
(c) Screaming at the top of his lungs.
(d) On the telephone.
11. In Act 2, whom does Cornelius develop feelings for?
(a) Mrs. Malloy.
(b) His wife.
(d) Mrs. Levi.
12. How many entrances exist in Act 1?
13. In Act 2, what sound is made when a door opens?
(d) Creaking and groaning.
14. What does Mrs. Levi accidentally give to Ambrose?
(a) A matchmaker's card.
(b) A varicose vein ad.
(c) Her personal phone number.
(d) A liposuction ad.
15. What does Mrs. Malloy do to Cornelius and Barnaby's hats?
(a) Decorates them.
(b) Sells them.
(c) Hides them.
(d) Burns them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what location does Act 2 take place?
2. How many entrance doorways are there in Act 2?
3. Ambrose is in what mood at the beginning of Act 1?
4. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be bride's father is a what?
5. How long has Cornelius worked for Mr. Vandergelder?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)