|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, what sound is made when a door opens?
(b) Creaking and groaning.
2. At the opening of the play, what do Ambrose and Mr. Vandergelder fight about?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder's daughter.
(b) Mr. Vandergelder's taxes.
(c) Ambrose's loud dog.
(d) Ambrose's lack of ethics.
3. Who are Cornelius and Barnaby hiding from in Act 2?
(a) The Boogeyman.
(b) Ernestina Simple.
(c) The Wolfman.
(d) Mrs. Levi.
4. In Act 1, who shaves Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) Ambrose Kemper.
(c) Joe Scanlon.
5. Who claims she will marry Mr. Vandergelder, if asked?
(a) Mrs. Levi.
(d) Mrs. Malloy.
6. In Act 2, what type of outing are Cornelius and Barnaby on?
(a) A family meeting.
(b) A shopping expedition.
(c) An adventure.
(d) A drinking binge.
7. Who reveals Ermengarde's whereabouts at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder.
8. In what location does Act 2 take place?
(a) Jon Gibbs' steakhouse.
(b) Minnie Meyer's dress shop.
(c) Mrs. Malloy's hat shop.
(d) Joseph Crane's auto shop.
9. What kind of bag does Mr. Vandergelder own?
(a) Swiss Army.
(c) Louis Vuitton.
(d) Carpet Brand.
10. What size is the hat Barnaby wears in Act 2?
11. What does Mrs. Malloy do to Cornelius and Barnaby's hats?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Decorates them.
(c) Sells them.
(d) Hides them.
12. What position does Cornelius hold?
(a) Administrative assistant.
(c) Store manager.
(d) Head clerk.
13. How many entrance doorways are there in Act 2?
14. What does Joe refuse to do, even for fifty cents?
(a) Shave a man bald.
(b) Reveal a secret.
(c) Dye hair.
(d) Speak bad of someone.
15. Ambrose is in what mood at the beginning of Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Malloy, marriage offers excellent _______.
2. In Act 2, Cornelius praises what in his speech to the audience?
3. What type of hat does Cornelius wear in Act 2?
4. Where does Cornelius sleep at night?
5. How does Mrs. Levi predict Mr. Vandergelder's life path?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)