|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives away Cornelius and Barnaby's hiding place?
(a) A nosy dog.
(b) The maid's discovery.
(c) Cornelius' laughter.
(d) Barnaby's sneeze.
2. Yonkers is how many miles north of New York City?
3. How does Mrs. Levi predict Mr. Vandergelder's life path?
(a) Judging his physique.
(b) Reviewing his net worth.
(c) Reading his fortune.
(d) Reading his palm.
4. What makes Cornelius and Barnaby sneeze?
(b) Mrs. Levi.
5. According to legend, what did the Hackls build?
(a) The Brooklyn Bridge.
(b) Taj Mahal.
(c) The Raritan Canal.
(d) The Egyptian Pyramids.
6. Mrs. Levi tells Mr. Vandergelder she will be rich if she does what?
(a) Reinvents the wheel.
(b) Wins a lawsuit.
(c) Marries right.
(d) Becomes a thief.
7. What does Joe refuse to do, even for fifty cents?
(a) Shave a man bald.
(b) Dye hair.
(c) Reveal a secret.
(d) Speak bad of someone.
8. How many entrances exist in Act 1?
9. In Act 2, what purchase do Cornelius and Barnaby fake interest in?
(a) A puppy.
(c) A hat.
(d) A dress.
10. What person do Cornelius and Mrs. Malloy have in common?
(b) Mr. Vandergelder.
(d) Mrs. Levi.
11. In Act 2, what sound is made when a door opens?
(a) Creaking and groaning.
12. According to Mrs. Malloy, marriage offers excellent _______.
13. What does Mrs. Malloy do to Cornelius and Barnaby's hats?
(a) Hides them.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Sells them.
(d) Decorates them.
14. What type of store does Mr. Vandergelder run?
(a) Hay, feed, and provision.
(c) Tools and automobiles.
15. In Act 1, what does Ambrose ask Ermengarde to do?
(a) Have his children.
(c) Steal heirlooms.
(d) Speak ill of her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Levi suffer from?
2. Whom does Mr. Vandergelder reveal he will propose to?
3. What type of instruction does Mrs. Levi offer?
4. What does Mrs. Levi reveal to Ambrose?
5. Who are Cornelius and Barnaby hiding from in Act 2?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)