|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Cornelius and Barnaby sneeze?
(b) Mrs. Levi.
2. Who dislikes the milliner business?
(a) Mrs. Levi.
(b) Mrs. Malloy.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder.
3. In Act 2, where do Cornelius and Barnaby hide from Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) Behind a tree.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) In the car.
(d) The wardrobe.
4. In Act 2, what type of outing are Cornelius and Barnaby on?
(a) A family meeting.
(b) A shopping expedition.
(c) An adventure.
(d) A drinking binge.
5. What type of shoes does Minnie wear?
(b) High heels.
(c) Rubber boots.
(d) Felt overshoes.
6. Mrs. Malloy ask Cornelius to take her where?
(a) Harmonia Gardens Restaurant.
(b) Central Park.
(c) The symphony.
(d) Tavern on the Green.
7. "Marriage is a bribe designed to make a housekeeper think she's..." what?
(a) "Worth her wage."
(b) "A homemaker."
(d) "A queen."
8. What size is the hat Barnaby wears in Act 2?
9. What does Ambrose want, at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) To earn fame and fortune.
(b) To marry Ermengarde.
(c) To build a bridge.
(d) To buy Mr. Vandergelder's business.
10. In Act 2, what sound is made when a door opens?
(a) Creaking and groaning.
11. In Act 2, whom does Cornelius develop feelings for?
(a) Mrs. Levi.
(b) His wife.
(c) Mrs. Malloy.
12. In Act 2, Mr. Vandergelder is told Cornelius lives what?
(a) In a mansion.
(b) As if each day is his last.
(c) A double life.
(d) By the seat of his pants.
13. What does Cornelius want Mrs. Malloy to think of him?
(a) He's rich.
(b) He's smart.
(c) He's handsome.
(d) He's married.
14. According to Mrs. Levi, Mr. Vandergelder's should-be wife is what?
(a) Simple, domestic, practical.
(b) Gifted with an open heart and a closed mouth.
(c) Honest and ethical.
(d) Reasonable and interesting.
15. What does Mrs. Levi reveal to Ambrose?
(a) Ermengarde has no money.
(b) Mr. Vandergelder plans to marry.
(c) Ermengarde sees other men.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ambrose is in what mood at the beginning of Act 1?
2. According to Mrs. Malloy, marriage offers excellent _______.
3. Where does Mrs. Levi instruct Mr. Vandergelder to meet his should-be bride?
4. How old does Mr. Vandergelder think Cornelius is?
5. What does Mr. Vandergelder smoke at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)