|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe refuse to do, even for fifty cents?
(a) Reveal a secret.
(b) Dye hair.
(c) Speak bad of someone.
(d) Shave a man bald.
2. In Act 1, how does Joe call Cornelius?
(a) Sending a note via messenger.
(b) Screaming at the top of his lungs.
(c) Stamping three times.
(d) On the telephone.
3. Where does Cornelius sleep at night?
(a) His car.
(b) The Biltmore Hotel.
(c) Mr. Vandergelder's bran room.
(d) Wherever he can.
4. "Marriage is a bribe designed to make a housekeeper think she's..." what?
(b) "A homemaker."
(c) "Worth her wage."
(d) "A queen."
5. How much does Mrs. Levi want to borrow from Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Fifteen dollars.
6. What does Malachi claim to want from Mr. Vandergelder?
(a) An endorsement of his art.
(b) A scholarship.
(c) An apprenticeship.
(d) His daughter's hand.
7. In Act 2, who claims to find Mr. Vandergelder unattractive?
(a) Mrs. Malloy.
8. Where does Mrs. Levi instruct Mr. Vandergelder to meet his should-be bride?
(a) Badgley Place.
(b) Harmonia Gardens.
(c) Central Park.
(d) Fifth and Broadway.
9. Mrs. Levi suggests Mr. Vandergelder make Cornelius what?
(a) Work harder.
(c) Move out.
10. In Act 2, Cornelius praises what in his speech to the audience?
11. Who reveals Ermengarde's whereabouts at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Mr. Vandergelder.
12. What does Mrs. Levi accidentally give to Ambrose?
(a) A liposuction ad.
(b) A varicose vein ad.
(c) Her personal phone number.
(d) A matchmaker's card.
13. In Act 2, what sound is made when a door opens?
(a) Creaking and groaning.
14. When do Mrs. Levi and Mr. Vandergelder plan to meet outside Mrs. Malloy's store?
(b) 4:30 p.m.
(c) 5:00 p.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
15. What set piece takes up the middle of the back wall in Act 2?
(a) A slide.
(b) Tea tables.
(c) A coat rack.
(d) A large sofa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives away Cornelius and Barnaby's hiding place?
2. What type of store does Mrs. Molloy own?
3. How does Mrs. Levi predict Mr. Vandergelder's life path?
4. In Act 1, who shaves Mr. Vandergelder?
5. What does Mr. Vandergelder do to avoid lending money to Mrs. Levi?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)