|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Malloy, ribbons will be worn how?
(a) In the hair.
(b) On a dress.
(c) Down the back.
(d) Not at all.
2. Ambrose tells Ermengarde she has the soul of a what?
(a) Field mouse.
(b) Wanton woman.
3. Mrs. Levi says Mr. Vandergelder must do what by the end of the week?
(a) Leave the country.
(b) Get married.
(c) Sell his shop.
(d) Pay her back.
4. In Act 1, what does Ambrose ask Ermengarde to do?
(b) Speak ill of her family.
(c) Steal heirlooms.
(d) Have his children.
5. What kind of bag does Mr. Vandergelder own?
(a) Louis Vuitton.
(b) Swiss Army.
(d) Carpet Brand.
6. Mrs. Malloy ask Cornelius to take her where?
(a) Tavern on the Green.
(b) Central Park.
(c) The symphony.
(d) Harmonia Gardens Restaurant.
7. "Marriage is a bribe designed to make a housekeeper think she's..." what?
(a) "Worth her wage."
(b) "A homemaker."
(d) "A queen."
8. Yonkers is how many miles north of New York City?
9. What size is the hat Barnaby wears in Act 2?
10. What does Mr. Vandergelder smoke at the beginning of the play?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A cigar.
11. How old is Ermengarde?
12. In Act 2, what outsider finds Cornelius and Barnaby hiding?
(b) Mrs. Levi.
(d) Mr. Vandergelder.
13. What does Mr. Vandergelder take back from Mrs. Malloy?
(a) The roses.
(b) A marriage proposal.
(c) A commission.
(d) The chocolates.
14. What does Joe refuse to do, even for fifty cents?
(a) Dye hair.
(b) Shave a man bald.
(c) Speak bad of someone.
(d) Reveal a secret.
15. What does Mrs. Levi suffer from?
(b) A desire to see others in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 1 take place?
2. In Act 1, how does Joe call Cornelius?
3. What gift does Mr. Vandergelder give to Mrs. Malloy?
4. In Act 2, where do Cornelius and Barnaby hide from Mr. Vandergelder?
5. What type of straw does Mrs. Malloy offer Cornelius?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)