|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cornelius want Mrs. Malloy to think of him?
(a) He's married.
(b) He's handsome.
(c) He's rich.
(d) He's smart.
2. According to Mr. Vandergelder, merchants don't do business with what?
3. In Act 1, what prevents Cornelius from an automatic promotion?
(a) His attraction to Ermengarde.
(b) His attitude.
(c) His age.
(d) His lack of experience.
4. In Act 1, how does Joe call Cornelius?
(a) Screaming at the top of his lungs.
(b) Sending a note via messenger.
(c) On the telephone.
(d) Stamping three times.
5. Mr. Vandergelder suggests Mrs. Malloy's workers deserve what?
(a) A bonus.
(b) A wage decrease.
(c) Free merchandise.
(d) A wage increase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Levi suffer from?
2. How many entrance doorways are there in Act 2?
3. Whom does Mr. Vandergelder reveal he will propose to?
4. Where do Cornelius and Barnaby pretend to be from?
5. In Act 1, a ladder extends down from what?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)