Essay Topics/Writing Assignments
These 20 essay questions can be used as essay questions on a test, or as stand-alone essay topics for a take-home or in-class writing assignment. Students should have a full understanding of the text in order to answer these questions. They ask for a thorough analysis of the text.
1. Mr. Vandergelder is the central character in The Matchmaker. Citing examples from the text, examine this character.
1) How is Mr. Vandergelder described?
2) What do other characters say about Mr. Vandergelder?
3) What are some particular actions that help define Mr. Vandergelder?
2. Analyze the relationship between Mr. Vandergelder and one of the following characters in The Matchmaker.
3. Choose one of the following characters and describe their physical appearance, relationship with others, and personal motivation.
- Mrs. Levi.
This section contains 597 words|
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)