|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maria respond to Manny's information about who left the flowers?
(a) Puts them in water.
(b) Picks them up and sniffs them.
(c) Throws them into the audience.
(d) She is not impressed.
2. What is Lady Macbeth's expression as stated in the entrance scene directions?
3. Maria tells Sharon that her role demands:
(a) Quiet attitude.
(b) Shy demeanor.
(c) Complete demeanor.
4. What does Maria say a performance is?
(a) A test of a stage director's authority.
(b) Love affair between artist and audience.
(c) Struggle between the artist and the audience.
(d) The best way to showcase a symphony.
5. Who does Maria tell she has courage because she came back to the master class?
(c) Joan Sutherland.
(d) Lady Macbeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes on stage after a long wait at the beginning of Act II?
2. What happens to Maria's voice when she sings Sharon's Lady Macbeth aria?
3. Who says that art is domination?
4. Who says Sharon is too sensitive for such a tough business?
5. Where does the setting take place for Scene Two of Lady Macbeth's entrance scene?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)