|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maria tell she has courage because she came back to the master class?
(c) Joan Sutherland.
(d) Lady Macbeth.
2. What does Maria tell Sharon to do before she's even sung a note?
(a) Play the piano.
(b) Wear different shoes.
(c) Comb her hair.
(d) Re-enter the stage as Lady McBeth.
3. Who sings an aria from Lady Macbeth for Maria?
4. Why does Sharon say she did not return earlier?
(a) She had to file her nails.
(b) She was momentarily sick.
(c) Another teacher wanted to speak with her.
(d) She went to get some soda.
5. What does Maria say a performance is?
(a) The best way to showcase a symphony.
(b) Struggle between the artist and the audience.
(c) Love affair between artist and audience.
(d) A test of a stage director's authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maria tells Sharon that her role demands:
2. Who has a BA in music from USC?
3. What is Maria's response to Sharon's reappearance?
4. What does Tony tell Maria about his ambitions?
5. What does Maria criticize about Sharon's physical appearance?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)