|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character to enter the stage in Act II?
2. What is Maria's response to Sharon's reappearance?
(a) She welcomes her eagerly.
(b) She is glad Sharon has returned.
(c) She tells her to go away.
(d) She looks at her blankly.
3. Who leaves the stage to show Sharon the appropriate entrance?
4. How does Maria respond to Manny's information about who left the flowers?
(a) She is not impressed.
(b) Puts them in water.
(c) Throws them into the audience.
(d) Picks them up and sniffs them.
5. Who is Verdi?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the conductor of the symphony when Maria made her debut?
2. Who says, "This is opera, not a voice recital." in Act II?
3. What does Battista plead for from Maria?
4. What does Tony hope to receive from Maria?
5. Who does Maria tell to "Bite into those words. Spit them out." in Act II?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)