|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is unimpressed with Tony's attitude?
2. Why does Sharon not return to the stage?
(a) She was called to another class.
(b) She had to catch a train.
(c) She lost her music.
(d) Her feelings are hurt by Maria's criticism.
3. How does Maria respond to Tony's singing?
(a) She thinks he sounds terrible.
(b) She is won over by his voice and style.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is netural about it.
4. Maria tells Sharon that her role demands:
(b) Shy demeanor.
(c) Quiet attitude.
(d) Complete demeanor.
5. What aria does the audience hear Maria singing in Act II?
(a) A death scene.
(b) Lady Demetri's Wedding Scene.
(c) A farewell scene.
(d) Lady McBeth's Letter Scene.
6. Who says, "This is opera, not a voice recital." in Act II?
7. Who refuses to be sent home?
(d) Stage hand.
8. Who is Battista Meneghini?
(a) Maria's cousin.
(b) Maria's uncle.
(c) Maria's father.
(d) Maria's husband.
9. When Maria asks "Is there anything you would kill for?" Sharon replies:
(c) "Absolutely not!"
(d) "I don't think so."
10. Who says that art is domination?
11. What is Maria's response to Sharon's reappearance?
(a) She is glad Sharon has returned.
(b) She welcomes her eagerly.
(c) She looks at her blankly.
(d) She tells her to go away.
12. What happens with the house lights at the beginning of Act II?
(a) They are turned off.
(b) They are lowered.
(c) A lightbulb breaks.
(d) On full power.
13. What year did Maria make her debut?
14. What does Maria define the audience as?
(c) The enemy.
15. Who comes on stage after a long wait at the beginning of Act II?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the last time Sharon read Macbeth?
2. Where does the setting take place for Scene Two of Lady Macbeth's entrance scene?
3. Who does Maria tell she has courage because she came back to the master class?
4. Who does Maria tell to "Bite into those words. Spit them out." in Act II?
5. What does Tony tell Maria about his ambitions?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)