|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes on stage after a long wait at the beginning of Act II?
2. Who does Maria tell to "Bite into those words. Spit them out." in Act II?
(b) The audience.
3. What does Maria define the audience as?
(c) The enemy.
4. Who is Sharon Graham?
(a) Manny's sister.
(b) Friend of Maria's.
(c) Audience member.
5. What does Maria chastise Tony about?
(a) Not using his full Italian name.
(b) His ridiculous essay.
(c) Missing curfew.
(d) Travelling alone.
6. Why does Sharon not return to the stage?
(a) She lost her music.
(b) She was called to another class.
(c) Her feelings are hurt by Maria's criticism.
(d) She had to catch a train.
7. Who is Verdi?
8. What is Lady Macbeth's expression as stated in the entrance scene directions?
9. What does Tony tell Maria about his ambitions?
(a) He wants to be a singer like Maria.
(b) He wants to travel the world.
(c) He wants to get a PhD.
(d) He wants to write a book.
10. Who says "There are no short cuts in art, no easy ways" when Sharon asks if she should sing her aria again?
11. Maria tells Sharon that her role demands:
(a) Complete demeanor.
(c) Shy demeanor.
(d) Quiet attitude.
12. In Act II, who says the students will be able to concentrate on the drama of the moment?
(a) Someone in the audience.
13. Who says that art is domination?
14. Who says, "This is opera, not a voice recital." in Act II?
15. What is Sharon wearing when she comes on stage?
(b) Evening gown.
(c) Nice suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tony?
2. What does Battista plead for from Maria?
3. What is Maria's response when Tony reveals his ambitions?
4. How does Maria respond to Manny's information about who left the flowers?
5. Who reminds Maria of Sharon's name when she forgets?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)