|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maria call Ari?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Fellow singer.
(c) General manager.
2. What news does Maria tell Onassis in Act II?
(a) She has a new role.
(b) She is moving to America.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) She got a new contract.
3. Who is the conductor of the symphony when Maria made her debut?
(a) Maestro De Sabata.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Gabrielle.
(d) Ms. Sutherland.
4. What aria does the audience hear Maria singing in Act II?
(a) A death scene.
(b) A farewell scene.
(c) Lady McBeth's Letter Scene.
(d) Lady Demetri's Wedding Scene.
5. Who says "There are no short cuts in art, no easy ways" when Sharon asks if she should sing her aria again?
6. Who says "O child I will never see or know or nurse or say how much I love you, forgive me"?
(a) Lady Macbeth.
7. Where did Maria debut?
(a) La Scala.
(b) Metropolitan Opera.
(c) Carnegie Hall.
(d) Lincoln Center.
8. In Act II, what does Maria say is the worst part of being a teacher?
(a) Bad pay.
(b) Long hours.
(c) Tedious students.
(d) Being misunderstood.
9. Who is the first character to enter the stage in Act II?
10. What does Mut mean?
11. Who refuses to be sent home?
(a) Stage hand.
12. Who says, "This is opera, not a voice recital." in Act II?
13. Who are Bellini and Donizetti?
(b) Circus act.
(c) Composers of passionate melodies.
14. Who says, "No one was applauding. You told them not to." at the end of Act II?
15. Who says "I can breathe now. Maybe I'll have a success now"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Tony "Mr. Tony Tight Pants?"
2. What does Maria tell the audience after Sharon has left the stage?
3. What does Onassis advise Maria to do in Act II?
4. What is the weather in Scene Two of Lady Macbeth's entrance scene?
5. What does Maria say about her ability to use words?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)