|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria say she is not when she sings?
(a) She does not feel she has captured the audience.
(b) She does not like the way she sings.
(c) She does not feel triumphant.
(d) She is not fat, ugly or an old man's wife.
2. Who does Maria tell Battista that she plans to marry?
(b) Her boyfriend from college.
3. What does Maria question the validity of?
(a) Conducting the classes.
(b) The audience's value.
(c) The time on the clock.
(d) Her train schedule.
4. What does Manny pick up before he leaves the stage?
(b) His over-turned bench.
(c) Music stand.
(d) Maria's footstool.
5. What does Maria chastise Tony about?
(a) Missing curfew.
(b) Not using his full Italian name.
(c) His ridiculous essay.
(d) Travelling alone.
6. Who says Sharon is too sensitive for such a tough business?
7. What roles does Maria advise Sharon to play?
(a) Tenor roles.
(c) Speaking roles.
(d) Mimi or Micaela.
8. Who is Odysseus?
(a) Greek hero.
(b) English prince.
(c) Roman ruler.
(d) Friend of Maria's.
9. What does Manny say about who left the flowers?
(a) Maria's mother.
(b) Manny's girlfriend.
(c) An unknown admirer.
(d) Maria's husband.
10. How is the stage set in Act II?
(a) As a bedroom.
(b) With many props.
(c) As a living room.
11. Where did Maria debut?
(a) La Scala.
(b) Carnegie Hall.
(c) Metropolitan Opera.
(d) Lincoln Center.
12. What is the weather in Scene Two of Lady Macbeth's entrance scene?
(d) A violent storm is raging.
13. Who tells Sharon that she has some spirit?
14. At the end of the play, what does Maria say is her reward?
(a) When singers sing properly and honestly.
(b) Meeting wonderful students.
(c) Her paycheck.
(d) Getting finished for the day.
15. Who says that people think she has no emotions?
(a) Manny's friend.
(b) Sharon's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sings an aria from Lady Macbeth for Maria?
2. What does Tony tell Maria about his ambitions?
3. Who does Maria say she sang her songs of love for?
4. Who does Maria tell she has courage because she came back to the master class?
5. What happens with the house lights at the beginning of Act II?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)