|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sharon wearing when she comes on stage?
(a) Nice suit.
(c) Evening gown.
2. What does Maria tell the audience after Sharon has left the stage?
(a) She is an accelerated singer.
(b) That all types of guidance are necessary.
(c) She is jealous of Sharon.
(d) She loves Sharon's recording.
3. Who sings an aria from Lady Macbeth for Maria?
4. Where does the setting take place for Scene Two of Lady Macbeth's entrance scene?
(a) A ship.
(b) An old high school.
(c) The grand hall of Macbeth's castle.
(d) The river.
5. What happens to Maria's voice when she sings Sharon's Lady Macbeth aria?
(a) She gets a sore throat.
(b) It cracks and shakes.
(c) She gets laryngitis.
(d) She hits every note.
6. What does Maria define the audience as?
(d) The enemy.
7. What does Maria chastise Tony about?
(a) His ridiculous essay.
(b) Travelling alone.
(c) Missing curfew.
(d) Not using his full Italian name.
8. Who is Tony?
(a) Student tenor.
(b) Soprano student.
(c) Cousin of Maria's.
(d) Friend of Manny's.
9. What aria does the audience hear Maria singing in Act II?
(a) A death scene.
(b) Lady Demetri's Wedding Scene.
(c) A farewell scene.
(d) Lady McBeth's Letter Scene.
10. Who is the conductor of the symphony when Maria made her debut?
(a) Maestro De Sabata.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Ms. Sutherland.
(d) Mr. Gabrielle.
11. Who says "There are no short cuts in art, no easy ways" when Sharon asks if she should sing her aria again?
12. What does Tony tell Maria about his ambitions?
(a) He wants to travel the world.
(b) He wants to get a PhD.
(c) He wants to be a singer like Maria.
(d) He wants to write a book.
13. Who is Sharon Graham?
(b) Audience member.
(c) Friend of Maria's.
(d) Manny's sister.
14. What is Lady Macbeth's expression as stated in the entrance scene directions?
15. In Act II, who says the students will be able to concentrate on the drama of the moment?
(c) Someone in the audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Maria make her debut?
2. Who is unimpressed with Tony's attitude?
3. Where is the bouquet of flowers located?
4. Why does Sharon say she did not return earlier?
5. Who is Battista Meneghini?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)