|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria tell Sharon about theatrics?
(a) To avoid them.
(b) To be wary of them.
(c) That no one should be theatrical.
(d) To never miss a theatrical opportunity.
2. How does Maria respond to Manny's information about who left the flowers?
(a) Picks them up and sniffs them.
(b) Puts them in water.
(c) Throws them into the audience.
(d) She is not impressed.
3. What year did Maria make her debut?
4. When was the last time Sharon read Macbeth?
(a) Grad school.
(b) In high school.
(d) Elementary school.
5. What does Manny say about who left the flowers?
(a) Manny's girlfriend.
(b) Maria's mother.
(c) An unknown admirer.
(d) Maria's husband.
6. Who is the first character to enter the stage in Act II?
7. What does Tony hope to receive from Maria?
(c) Copies of music.
8. What does Maria tell Sharon to do before she's even sung a note?
(a) Play the piano.
(b) Re-enter the stage as Lady McBeth.
(c) Wear different shoes.
(d) Comb her hair.
9. What does Maria define the audience as?
(c) The enemy.
10. What happens to Maria's voice when she sings Sharon's Lady Macbeth aria?
(a) She gets laryngitis.
(b) She gets a sore throat.
(c) It cracks and shakes.
(d) She hits every note.
11. Who has a BA in music from USC?
12. Who ignores the audience at the beginning of Act II?
(b) Stage hand.
13. Who is Verdi?
14. Who refuses to be sent home?
(b) Stage hand.
15. Who calls Tony "Mr. Tony Tight Pants?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Maria debut?
2. What does Battista plead for from Maria?
3. Where does the setting take place for Scene Two of Lady Macbeth's entrance scene?
4. Where is the bouquet of flowers located?
5. What happens with the house lights at the beginning of Act II?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)