|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Verdi?
2. Where does the setting take place for Scene Two of Lady Macbeth's entrance scene?
(a) The grand hall of Macbeth's castle.
(b) An old high school.
(c) A ship.
(d) The river.
3. What does Maria tell Sharon to do before she's even sung a note?
(a) Re-enter the stage as Lady McBeth.
(b) Comb her hair.
(c) Play the piano.
(d) Wear different shoes.
4. What is Sharon wearing when she comes on stage?
(b) Nice suit.
(c) Evening gown.
5. What does Manny say about who left the flowers?
(a) Maria's mother.
(b) Manny's girlfriend.
(c) An unknown admirer.
(d) Maria's husband.
6. What does Maria chastise Tony about?
(a) His ridiculous essay.
(b) Missing curfew.
(c) Travelling alone.
(d) Not using his full Italian name.
7. Why does Sharon say she did not return earlier?
(a) She had to file her nails.
(b) She was momentarily sick.
(c) She went to get some soda.
(d) Another teacher wanted to speak with her.
8. Who has a BA in music from USC?
9. Maria tells Sharon that her role demands:
(b) Shy demeanor.
(c) Complete demeanor.
(d) Quiet attitude.
10. Who reminds Maria of Sharon's name when she forgets?
(b) Stage hand.
11. Why does Sharon not return to the stage?
(a) Her feelings are hurt by Maria's criticism.
(b) She lost her music.
(c) She was called to another class.
(d) She had to catch a train.
12. What is Lady Macbeth's expression as stated in the entrance scene directions?
13. Who refuses to be sent home?
(a) Stage hand.
14. Who does Maria tell to "Bite into those words. Spit them out." in Act II?
(a) The audience.
15. Where is the bouquet of flowers located?
(a) On the piano.
(b) In a vase on a table.
(c) In Maria's dressing room.
(d) On Maria's chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens with the house lights at the beginning of Act II?
2. What is Maria's response to Sharon's reappearance?
3. Who calls Tony "Mr. Tony Tight Pants?"
4. Who is Battista Meneghini?
5. What happens to Maria's voice when she sings Sharon's Lady Macbeth aria?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)