|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Battista plead for from Maria?
(a) To be left alone.
(b) A declaration of her love.
(c) More time at home.
2. Who is Battista Meneghini?
(a) Maria's father.
(b) Maria's husband.
(c) Maria's uncle.
(d) Maria's cousin.
3. Who does Maria tell she has courage because she came back to the master class?
(a) Joan Sutherland.
(c) Lady Macbeth.
4. Who has a beauty parlor appointment after the master class?
(a) Lady Macbeth.
5. When was the last time Sharon read Macbeth?
(a) Grad school.
(b) Elementary school.
(d) In high school.
6. What is Maria's response to Sharon's reappearance?
(a) She looks at her blankly.
(b) She tells her to go away.
(c) She is glad Sharon has returned.
(d) She welcomes her eagerly.
7. Who refuses to be sent home?
(c) Stage hand.
8. What does Tony hope to receive from Maria?
(b) Copies of music.
9. Where does the setting take place for Scene Two of Lady Macbeth's entrance scene?
(a) An old high school.
(b) The river.
(c) The grand hall of Macbeth's castle.
(d) A ship.
10. What does Manny say about who left the flowers?
(a) Manny's girlfriend.
(b) Maria's husband.
(c) An unknown admirer.
(d) Maria's mother.
11. Who ignores the audience at the beginning of Act II?
(b) Stage hand.
12. How does Maria respond to Manny's information about who left the flowers?
(a) Picks them up and sniffs them.
(b) Puts them in water.
(c) Throws them into the audience.
(d) She is not impressed.
13. What is the weather in Scene Two of Lady Macbeth's entrance scene?
(c) A violent storm is raging.
14. Where did Maria debut?
(a) Lincoln Center.
(b) Metropolitan Opera.
(c) La Scala.
(d) Carnegie Hall.
15. When Maria asks "Is there anything you would kill for?" Sharon replies:
(c) "I don't think so."
(d) "Absolutely not!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria tell the audience after Sharon has left the stage?
2. What does Maria criticize about Sharon's physical appearance?
3. Why does Sharon say she did not return earlier?
4. Who is the first character to enter the stage in Act II?
5. In Act II, who says the students will be able to concentrate on the drama of the moment?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)