|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "There are no short cuts in art, no easy ways" when Sharon asks if she should sing her aria again?
2. Who tells Sharon that she has some spirit?
3. What news does Maria tell Onassis in Act II?
(a) She has a new role.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) She is moving to America.
(d) She got a new contract.
4. Where did Maria debut?
(a) La Scala.
(b) Lincoln Center.
(c) Carnegie Hall.
(d) Metropolitan Opera.
5. Who says, "It takes more than a pretty voice to build a career"?
6. What roles does Maria advise Sharon to play?
(a) Speaking roles.
(b) Tenor roles.
(c) Mimi or Micaela.
7. What does Maria say she was getting by on when she sang at the end of her career?
(a) Sheer nerves.
(d) Good looks.
8. Who says, "No one was applauding. You told them not to." at the end of Act II?
9. Who asks students to concentrate on their expressions, good diction and deep feelings?
(a) The audience.
(d) Curriculum administrator.
10. Maria tells Sharon that her role demands:
(a) Shy demeanor.
(c) Complete demeanor.
(d) Quiet attitude.
11. What does Maria say about the house lights when she first enters the stage?
(a) They are too bright.
(b) She dislikes them.
(c) She approves of them.
(d) They are not bright enough.
12. When Maria asks "Is there anything you would kill for?" Sharon replies:
(b) "Absolutely not!"
(d) "I don't think so."
13. What does Maria question the validity of?
(a) The time on the clock.
(b) The audience's value.
(c) Conducting the classes.
(d) Her train schedule.
14. Who does Maria tell to "Bite into those words. Spit them out." in Act II?
(d) The audience.
15. When was the last time Sharon read Macbeth?
(a) In high school.
(b) Grad school.
(c) Elementary school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Battista plead for from Maria?
2. What did Maria look like when she first met Battista?
3. Who says Sharon is too sensitive for such a tough business?
4. Who is the last actor to leave the stage at the end of the play?
5. Who says, "I wish I'd never done this. I don't like you"?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)