|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maria asks Battista if the tenor has apologized for calling her a:
(a) Terrible person.
(c) Bad singer.
2. Who leaves the stage to show Sharon the appropriate entrance?
3. How does Maria respond to Tony's singing?
(a) She is netural about it.
(b) She thinks he sounds terrible.
(c) She is won over by his voice and style.
(d) She is outraged.
4. What does Manny pick up before he leaves the stage?
(b) His over-turned bench.
(c) Maria's footstool.
(d) Music stand.
5. What does Onassis advise Maria to do in Act II?
(a) Have an abortion.
(b) Be careful travelling.
(c) Get the most money she can.
(d) Choose her roles wisely.
6. According to Maria, what has her art done for the world?
(a) Made it feel dangerous.
(b) Made it worse.
(c) Made it a better place.
(d) Given it too many good singers.
7. In Act II, what does Maria say is the worst part of being a teacher?
(a) Bad pay.
(b) Tedious students.
(c) Being misunderstood.
(d) Long hours.
8. How is the stage set in Act II?
(b) With many props.
(c) As a living room.
(d) As a bedroom.
9. Who says, "applause is what we live on"?
10. Who asks for some credit for trying to communicate in the best way she knows how?
11. Who is Odysseus?
(a) Greek hero.
(b) Friend of Maria's.
(c) English prince.
(d) Roman ruler.
12. What is Lady Macbeth's expression as stated in the entrance scene directions?
13. What does Maria ask Onassis at the end of her Macbeth aria in Act II?
(a) A plane ticket.
(b) To marry her.
(d) For his opinion.
14. Who is the last actor to leave the stage at the end of the play?
(c) Stage hand.
15. Who says, "It takes more than a pretty voice to build a career"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says Sharon is too sensitive for such a tough business?
2. Who reminds Maria of Sharon's name when she forgets?
3. What does Maria tell Sharon that causes her to burst into tears?
4. Who says "O child I will never see or know or nurse or say how much I love you, forgive me"?
5. What news does Maria tell Onassis in Act II?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)