|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria tell Battista he got from her?
(a) Trips to foreign countries.
(b) An irrational woman.
(c) A famous wife.
(d) More connections.
2. Who is Sharon Graham?
(b) Manny's sister.
(c) Friend of Maria's.
(d) Audience member.
3. Who does Maria sing to that doesn't like opera?
4. What news does Maria tell Onassis in Act II?
(a) She has a new role.
(b) She got a new contract.
(c) She is moving to America.
(d) That she is pregnant.
5. Who leaves the stage to find Sharon?
(d) Stage hand.
6. Who reminds Maria of Sharon's name when she forgets?
(a) Stage hand.
7. How does Maria feel about Battista?
8. Who says "Never move on your applause"?
9. How many curtain calls did Maria receive after her debut performance?
10. What did Maria look like when she first met Battista?
(a) Older and beautiful.
(b) She had a broken leg.
(d) Young, unattractive, and heavier.
11. How long does Maria say it took her to become Queen of La Scala?
(a) Two years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Less than one year.
12. Who is Verdi?
13. Where is the bouquet of flowers located?
(a) In a vase on a table.
(b) On the piano.
(c) On Maria's chair.
(d) In Maria's dressing room.
14. What does Onassis advise Maria to do in Act II?
(a) Have an abortion.
(b) Be careful travelling.
(c) Get the most money she can.
(d) Choose her roles wisely.
15. When Maria asks "Is there anything you would kill for?" Sharon replies:
(a) "Absolutely not!"
(d) "I don't think so."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony hope to receive from Maria?
2. Who comes on stage after a long wait at the beginning of Act II?
3. What is used to stop the applause for Maria's final performance?
4. Who says "they tear my costumes"?
5. How does Maria respond to Tony's singing?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)