|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sharon not return to the stage?
(a) Her feelings are hurt by Maria's criticism.
(b) She lost her music.
(c) She was called to another class.
(d) She had to catch a train.
2. What does Tony hope to receive from Maria?
(b) Copies of music.
3. Who says, "This is opera, not a voice recital." in Act II?
4. How does Maria feel about Battista?
5. What does Tony tell Maria about his ambitions?
(a) He wants to be a singer like Maria.
(b) He wants to get a PhD.
(c) He wants to travel the world.
(d) He wants to write a book.
6. What does Maria tell Sharon about theatrics?
(a) That no one should be theatrical.
(b) To never miss a theatrical opportunity.
(c) To be wary of them.
(d) To avoid them.
7. What happens to Maria's voice when she sings Sharon's Lady Macbeth aria?
(a) It cracks and shakes.
(b) She hits every note.
(c) She gets laryngitis.
(d) She gets a sore throat.
8. Who has a beauty parlor appointment after the master class?
(a) Lady Macbeth.
9. Who reminds Maria of Sharon's name when she forgets?
(d) Stage hand.
10. How does Maria respond to Manny's information about who left the flowers?
(a) Puts them in water.
(b) Picks them up and sniffs them.
(c) She is not impressed.
(d) Throws them into the audience.
11. What is Lady Macbeth's expression as stated in the entrance scene directions?
12. Who says that art is domination?
13. What does Maria criticize about Sharon's physical appearance?
(a) Her lipstick color.
(b) Clothing choice.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) The headband she is wearing.
14. Who ignores the audience at the beginning of Act II?
(b) Stage hand.
15. Who leaves the stage to show Sharon the appropriate entrance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the bouquet of flowers located?
2. What does Maria say about the house lights when she first enters the stage?
3. Who says "There are no short cuts in art, no easy ways" when Sharon asks if she should sing her aria again?
4. What does Sharon say when she returns to the stage?
5. Who refuses to be sent home?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)