|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria tell Sharon about her voice?
(a) It's lovely.
(b) Too scratchy.
(c) Too low.
2. Whose heart does Maria think she's broken in Act II?
3. Who is Maria compared with when she becomes thin?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Audrey Hepburn.
(c) Joan Sutherland.
4. How does Maria respond to Tony's singing?
(a) She is netural about it.
(b) She is won over by his voice and style.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She thinks he sounds terrible.
5. Who does Maria tell Battista that she plans to marry?
(b) Her boyfriend from college.
6. Who tells Sharon that she has some spirit?
7. Who says Sharon is too sensitive for such a tough business?
8. Who reminds Maria of Sharon's name when she forgets?
(a) Stage hand.
9. Who says that people think she has no emotions?
(a) Manny's friend.
(c) Sharon's cousin.
10. Who is Verdi?
11. What does Maria criticize about Sharon's physical appearance?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Clothing choice.
(c) The headband she is wearing.
(d) Her lipstick color.
12. How is the stage set in Act II?
(a) As a living room.
(c) As a bedroom.
(d) With many props.
13. What does Maria tell Sharon that causes her to burst into tears?
(a) She is the best she's heard so far.
(b) She has a long way to go.
(c) She can travel with Maria.
(d) That she needs something special.
14. What roles does Maria advise Sharon to play?
(b) Speaking roles.
(c) Tenor roles.
(d) Mimi or Micaela.
15. Who does Maria sing to that doesn't like opera?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Bellini and Donizetti?
2. What does Sharon accuse Maria of at the end of Act II?
3. What does Maria define the audience as?
4. Who asks students to concentrate on their expressions, good diction and deep feelings?
5. Why does Sharon not return to the stage?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)