|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Verdi?
2. When was the last time Sharon read Macbeth?
(b) Elementary school.
(c) In high school.
(d) Grad school.
3. Who ignores the audience at the beginning of Act II?
(d) Stage hand.
4. Who has a beauty parlor appointment after the master class?
(b) Lady Macbeth.
5. Where did Maria debut?
(a) Lincoln Center.
(b) La Scala.
(c) Metropolitan Opera.
(d) Carnegie Hall.
6. What does Maria criticize about Sharon's physical appearance?
(a) Her lipstick color.
(b) The headband she is wearing.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Clothing choice.
7. What happens with the house lights at the beginning of Act II?
(a) They are lowered.
(b) They are turned off.
(c) A lightbulb breaks.
(d) On full power.
8. Who reminds Maria of Sharon's name when she forgets?
(a) Stage hand.
9. What year did Maria make her debut?
10. Where does the setting take place for Scene Two of Lady Macbeth's entrance scene?
(a) An old high school.
(b) The river.
(c) A ship.
(d) The grand hall of Macbeth's castle.
11. Where is the bouquet of flowers located?
(a) In a vase on a table.
(b) On the piano.
(c) On Maria's chair.
(d) In Maria's dressing room.
12. What does Maria tell Sharon to do before she's even sung a note?
(a) Comb her hair.
(b) Re-enter the stage as Lady McBeth.
(c) Wear different shoes.
(d) Play the piano.
13. What is Maria's response to Sharon's reappearance?
(a) She is glad Sharon has returned.
(b) She tells her to go away.
(c) She looks at her blankly.
(d) She welcomes her eagerly.
14. Who says, "This is opera, not a voice recital." in Act II?
15. Who sings an aria from Lady Macbeth for Maria?
Short Answer Questions
1. Maria tells Sharon that her role demands:
2. What prop does Maria say Sharon should have to sing her aria?
3. Who says Sharon is too sensitive for such a tough business?
4. Who does Maria tell to "Bite into those words. Spit them out." in Act II?
5. Why does Sharon say she did not return earlier?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)