|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reminds Maria of Sharon's name when she forgets?
(b) Stage hand.
2. Who calls Tony "Mr. Tony Tight Pants?"
3. What does Sharon say when she returns to the stage?
(a) "Miss me?"
(b) "Let's sing music together."
(c) "I'm back!"
(d) "Just give me one more chance."
4. Who says Sharon is too sensitive for such a tough business?
5. Who uses the word folderol to describe the flowers?
6. What is the weather in Scene Two of Lady Macbeth's entrance scene?
(c) A violent storm is raging.
7. When was the last time Sharon read Macbeth?
(b) Elementary school.
(c) In high school.
(d) Grad school.
8. Who leaves the stage to find Sharon?
(c) Stage hand.
9. Where did Maria debut?
(a) Metropolitan Opera.
(b) Carnegie Hall.
(c) La Scala.
(d) Lincoln Center.
10. What does Maria tell the audience after Sharon has left the stage?
(a) She is an accelerated singer.
(b) She is jealous of Sharon.
(c) She loves Sharon's recording.
(d) That all types of guidance are necessary.
11. What is Lady Macbeth's expression as stated in the entrance scene directions?
12. Who says that art is domination?
13. What does Maria criticize about Sharon's physical appearance?
(a) The headband she is wearing.
(b) Clothing choice.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her lipstick color.
14. Who is Battista Meneghini?
(a) Maria's father.
(b) Maria's uncle.
(c) Maria's cousin.
(d) Maria's husband.
15. What does Maria tell Sharon about theatrics?
(a) That no one should be theatrical.
(b) To avoid them.
(c) To be wary of them.
(d) To never miss a theatrical opportunity.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maria asks "Is there anything you would kill for?" Sharon replies:
2. What happens with the house lights at the beginning of Act II?
3. Who does Maria tell she has courage because she came back to the master class?
4. Who is Tony?
5. Who leaves the stage to show Sharon the appropriate entrance?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)