|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who uses the word folderol to describe the flowers?
2. Why does Sharon say she did not return earlier?
(a) She had to file her nails.
(b) She was momentarily sick.
(c) Another teacher wanted to speak with her.
(d) She went to get some soda.
3. What does Maria say about the house lights when she first enters the stage?
(a) She dislikes them.
(b) She approves of them.
(c) They are not bright enough.
(d) They are too bright.
4. Who says, "This is opera, not a voice recital." in Act II?
5. What is Maria's response when Tony reveals his ambitions?
(a) To ask for a glass of water.
(b) She asks him more questions.
(c) She applauds him.
(d) She shrugs.
6. What year did Maria make her debut?
7. How does Maria feel about Battista?
8. Who says that art is domination?
9. Who says Sharon is too sensitive for such a tough business?
10. Who has a beauty parlor appointment after the master class?
(c) Lady Macbeth.
11. When Maria asks "Is there anything you would kill for?" Sharon replies:
(a) "Absolutely not!"
(b) "I don't think so."
12. Who is the first character to enter the stage in Act II?
13. How does Maria respond to Manny's information about who left the flowers?
(a) Picks them up and sniffs them.
(b) Puts them in water.
(c) She is not impressed.
(d) Throws them into the audience.
14. What does Sharon say when she returns to the stage?
(a) "Let's sing music together."
(b) "I'm back!"
(c) "Just give me one more chance."
(d) "Miss me?"
15. What does Maria tell Sharon to do before she's even sung a note?
(a) Comb her hair.
(b) Re-enter the stage as Lady McBeth.
(c) Wear different shoes.
(d) Play the piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the conductor of the symphony when Maria made her debut?
2. Who calls Tony "Mr. Tony Tight Pants?"
3. Who does Maria tell to "Bite into those words. Spit them out." in Act II?
4. Why does Sharon not return to the stage?
5. Who refuses to be sent home?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)