|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that art is domination?
2. What is Maria's response when Tony reveals his ambitions?
(a) She applauds him.
(b) She shrugs.
(c) She asks him more questions.
(d) To ask for a glass of water.
3. What does Maria define the audience as?
(d) The enemy.
4. What does Maria criticize about Sharon's physical appearance?
(a) The headband she is wearing.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her lipstick color.
(d) Clothing choice.
5. How does Maria respond to Tony's singing?
(a) She is outraged.
(b) She is won over by his voice and style.
(c) She is netural about it.
(d) She thinks he sounds terrible.
6. Who reminds Maria of Sharon's name when she forgets?
(d) Stage hand.
7. Who refuses to be sent home?
(b) Stage hand.
8. What prop does Maria say Sharon should have to sing her aria?
9. Who is Battista Meneghini?
(a) Maria's father.
(b) Maria's cousin.
(c) Maria's husband.
(d) Maria's uncle.
10. What does Maria tell Sharon to do before she's even sung a note?
(a) Re-enter the stage as Lady McBeth.
(b) Wear different shoes.
(c) Comb her hair.
(d) Play the piano.
11. Why does Sharon not return to the stage?
(a) She was called to another class.
(b) She had to catch a train.
(c) She lost her music.
(d) Her feelings are hurt by Maria's criticism.
12. Who says, "This is opera, not a voice recital." in Act II?
13. How is the stage set in Act II?
(a) As a bedroom.
(c) As a living room.
(d) With many props.
14. What is Sharon wearing when she comes on stage?
(a) Evening gown.
(c) Nice suit.
15. What is Lady Macbeth's expression as stated in the entrance scene directions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes on stage after a long wait at the beginning of Act II?
2. Maria tells Sharon that her role demands:
3. Who leaves the stage to find Sharon?
4. Who sings an aria from Lady Macbeth for Maria?
5. Who does Maria tell to "Bite into those words. Spit them out." in Act II?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)