|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II, who says the students will be able to concentrate on the drama of the moment?
(a) Someone in the audience.
2. Where is the bouquet of flowers located?
(a) In Maria's dressing room.
(b) In a vase on a table.
(c) On Maria's chair.
(d) On the piano.
3. What does Maria say about the house lights when she first enters the stage?
(a) They are not bright enough.
(b) She dislikes them.
(c) They are too bright.
(d) She approves of them.
4. Who uses the word folderol to describe the flowers?
5. Who is the conductor of the symphony when Maria made her debut?
(a) Mr. Gabrielle.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Maestro De Sabata.
(d) Ms. Sutherland.
6. Who comes on stage after a long wait at the beginning of Act II?
7. What does Maria criticize about Sharon's physical appearance?
(a) Her lipstick color.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Clothing choice.
(d) The headband she is wearing.
8. What does Battista plead for from Maria?
(a) More time at home.
(c) A declaration of her love.
(d) To be left alone.
9. Who has a BA in music from USC?
10. Who is Verdi?
11. What is Lady Macbeth's expression as stated in the entrance scene directions?
12. Who is the first character to enter the stage in Act II?
13. Who is unimpressed with Tony's attitude?
14. Who is Sharon Graham?
(a) Manny's sister.
(b) Friend of Maria's.
(d) Audience member.
15. What prop does Maria say Sharon should have to sing her aria?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens with the house lights at the beginning of Act II?
2. What does Maria tell the audience after Sharon has left the stage?
3. Who reminds Maria of Sharon's name when she forgets?
4. Who does Maria tell she has courage because she came back to the master class?
5. Who does Maria tell to "Bite into those words. Spit them out." in Act II?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)