|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sharon Graham?
(a) Audience member.
(b) Friend of Maria's.
(d) Manny's sister.
2. Who sings an aria from Lady Macbeth for Maria?
3. Where does the setting take place for Scene Two of Lady Macbeth's entrance scene?
(a) The grand hall of Macbeth's castle.
(b) A ship.
(c) The river.
(d) An old high school.
4. Who comes on stage after a long wait at the beginning of Act II?
5. Who refuses to be sent home?
(b) Stage hand.
6. Who is unimpressed with Tony's attitude?
7. What does Maria tell the audience after Sharon has left the stage?
(a) She loves Sharon's recording.
(b) That all types of guidance are necessary.
(c) She is an accelerated singer.
(d) She is jealous of Sharon.
8. What happens to Maria's voice when she sings Sharon's Lady Macbeth aria?
(a) She gets laryngitis.
(b) She gets a sore throat.
(c) It cracks and shakes.
(d) She hits every note.
9. Who says, "This is opera, not a voice recital." in Act II?
10. Why does Sharon say she did not return earlier?
(a) She was momentarily sick.
(b) She went to get some soda.
(c) Another teacher wanted to speak with her.
(d) She had to file her nails.
11. What year did Maria make her debut?
12. Who says Sharon is too sensitive for such a tough business?
13. What does Maria criticize about Sharon's physical appearance?
(a) The headband she is wearing.
(b) Her lipstick color.
(c) Clothing choice.
(d) Her shoes.
14. Who calls Tony "Mr. Tony Tight Pants?"
15. What does Maria say about the house lights when she first enters the stage?
(a) They are not bright enough.
(b) They are too bright.
(c) She approves of them.
(d) She dislikes them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that art is domination?
2. What prop does Maria say Sharon should have to sing her aria?
3. What is Sharon wearing when she comes on stage?
4. How is the stage set in Act II?
5. What does Sharon say when she returns to the stage?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)