|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says Sharon is too sensitive for such a tough business?
2. Who sings an aria from Lady Macbeth for Maria?
3. Who refuses to be sent home?
(d) Stage hand.
4. Who leaves the stage to show Sharon the appropriate entrance?
5. What does Tony hope to receive from Maria?
(c) Copies of music.
6. How is the stage set in Act II?
(a) As a bedroom.
(b) With many props.
(d) As a living room.
7. Where is the bouquet of flowers located?
(a) On the piano.
(b) In a vase on a table.
(c) On Maria's chair.
(d) In Maria's dressing room.
8. Who uses the word folderol to describe the flowers?
9. What is Sharon wearing when she comes on stage?
(b) Evening gown.
(d) Nice suit.
10. Why does Sharon say she did not return earlier?
(a) She was momentarily sick.
(b) She had to file her nails.
(c) She went to get some soda.
(d) Another teacher wanted to speak with her.
11. Who calls Tony "Mr. Tony Tight Pants?"
12. How does Maria feel about Battista?
13. Where does the setting take place for Scene Two of Lady Macbeth's entrance scene?
(a) The grand hall of Macbeth's castle.
(b) An old high school.
(c) The river.
(d) A ship.
14. What does Maria chastise Tony about?
(a) Missing curfew.
(b) Not using his full Italian name.
(c) His ridiculous essay.
(d) Travelling alone.
15. Who says that art is domination?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria define the audience as?
2. What happens with the house lights at the beginning of Act II?
3. Who says, "This is opera, not a voice recital." in Act II?
4. What happens to Maria's voice when she sings Sharon's Lady Macbeth aria?
5. When was the last time Sharon read Macbeth?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)