|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reminds Maria of Sharon's name when she forgets?
(d) Stage hand.
2. What does Sharon say when she returns to the stage?
(a) "Miss me?"
(b) "I'm back!"
(c) "Let's sing music together."
(d) "Just give me one more chance."
3. What prop does Maria say Sharon should have to sing her aria?
4. Who is Verdi?
5. How does Maria respond to Manny's information about who left the flowers?
(a) Puts them in water.
(b) Throws them into the audience.
(c) She is not impressed.
(d) Picks them up and sniffs them.
6. Who is Tony?
(a) Student tenor.
(b) Friend of Manny's.
(c) Cousin of Maria's.
(d) Soprano student.
7. Who is Sharon Graham?
(b) Manny's sister.
(c) Audience member.
(d) Friend of Maria's.
8. How does Maria feel about Battista?
9. What year did Maria make her debut?
10. What does Tony hope to receive from Maria?
(d) Copies of music.
11. Who has a BA in music from USC?
12. Who comes on stage after a long wait at the beginning of Act II?
13. Where did Maria debut?
(a) La Scala.
(b) Carnegie Hall.
(c) Metropolitan Opera.
(d) Lincoln Center.
14. Who does Maria tell to "Bite into those words. Spit them out." in Act II?
(b) The audience.
15. What is Sharon wearing when she comes on stage?
(b) Evening gown.
(d) Nice suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a beauty parlor appointment after the master class?
2. What does Maria tell the audience after Sharon has left the stage?
3. What does Maria chastise Tony about?
4. Who says Sharon is too sensitive for such a tough business?
5. What does Maria define the audience as?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)