|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manny adjust at the beginning of Act I?
(d) Piano bench.
2. What is Manny's job?
(a) Music teacher.
(d) Stage hand.
3. What does Maria Callas teach?
(a) Fashion history.
(c) Piano performance.
(d) Opera Master Class.
4. Who can only sing one note before being interrupted by Maria in Act I?
5. What does Maria say about singing at the beginning of Act I?
(a) It is not enough for a life.
(b) It is serious business.
(c) She's scared of it.
(d) She was never disciplined about her studies.
6. What does Maria request during Act I from the stage hand?
(a) Water, cushion, footstool.
(c) Nail filer.
(d) Bagel and cream cheese.
7. What does Maria ask Sophie to translate after interrupting her aria?
(a) The Italian verse.
(c) Have some water.
(d) Breathe into a bag.
8. What does Sophie wish to get from Maria?
(c) Sheet music.
(d) Some temperment.
9. What did Maria's singing teacher encourage in her?
(a) Long breaks from classes.
(c) Stage presence.
10. Who does Manny acknowledge in the audience?
(b) Critics and reviewers.
11. What does Maria call her first student?
(a) Musically gifted.
(b) Great singer.
12. What is happening with the lights at the beginning of Act I?
(a) They are still up.
(b) One light is missing.
(c) It is totally dark.
(d) They are broken.
13. What does Maria say about her accompanist's appearance?
(a) She loves it.
(b) His shirt is vibrant.
(c) He doesn't have a look.
(d) His hat is just the right touch.
14. What is the relationship between Maria and Aristotle Onassis?
(b) Pen pals.
(d) Business associates.
15. What does Maria tell the audience they should not do during Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "She's wearing so many diamonds she can scarcely move her arms..."?
2. What is the name of Maria's singing teacher?
3. What range does Sophie sing?
4. What nickname does Onassis have for Maria?
5. Who is dressed in a custom pantsuit and expensive accessories?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)