|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Maria's singing teacher?
(a) Tommy Tunes.
(b) Elvira de Hidalgo.
(c) Samuel Adagio.
(d) Hector Lumina.
2. Who walks to the edge of the stage in the beginning of Act I?
(c) Audience member.
(d) Stage hand.
3. Who says, "She's wearing so many diamonds she can scarcely move her arms..."?
4. What role did Maria lose to another student when she was young?
5. Maria tells the audience it's not a performance but a:
(d) Group activity.
6. How many acts are there in the play Master Class?
7. What is La Scala?
(a) Milan opera house.
(b) Italian clothing designer.
(c) Famous restaurant.
(d) Italian footwear.
8. What nickname does Onassis have for Maria?
(d) My love.
9. What does Maria say about her accompanist's appearance?
(a) She loves it.
(b) His hat is just the right touch.
(c) His shirt is vibrant.
(d) He doesn't have a look.
10. Whose nickname is La Divina?
11. What does Sophie announce she will sing in Act I?
(b) Aria from La Sonnambula.
(c) Music from La Boheme.
(d) Country music.
12. What does Manny adjust at the beginning of Act I?
(c) Piano bench.
13. Who are the last actors to leave the stage in Act I?
(a) Sophie and Manny.
(b) Maria and Sophie.
(c) Sophie and Tony.
(d) Manny and Maria.
14. What is the relationship between Maria and Aristotle Onassis?
(c) Pen pals.
(d) Business associates.
15. What does Maria tell Manny about her sense of humor?
(a) He will come to understand it.
(b) She doesn't have one.
(c) He will never get it.
(d) It is always respectful.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I, Maria complains that the theater is too:
2. What did Maria's singing teacher encourage in her?
3. When does Manny appear on stage in Act I?
4. Who is Sophie de Palma?
5. Who brings a cushion for Maria's chair?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)