|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What criticism does Maria give Sophie about her singing?
(a) That she doesn't fully feel the music.
(b) That she is too flamboyant for the stage.
(c) That her voice is too high.
(d) That she doesn't like her shoes.
2. What does Manny adjust at the beginning of Act I?
(a) Piano bench.
3. Who walks to the edge of the stage in the beginning of Act I?
(a) Audience member.
(b) Stage hand.
4. Who does Sophie admire?
(c) Stage hand.
5. What does Maria say to Sophie before she leaves the stage in Act I?
(a) Excuse me, I'm ill.
(b) Much better.
(c) Good-bye forever.
(d) See you tomorrow.
6. What does Maria tell the audience they should not do during Act I?
7. What does Maria tell the audience about Sophie?
(a) That she does not have style.
(b) That she has good musical range.
(c) That she likes her appearance.
(d) That she will be a great performer.
8. What does Maria say about projection in Act I?
(a) It has no value.
(b) It's important to singing.
(c) It's over-valued.
(d) She hates to project.
9. Which prop does Maria complain is missing when Sophie comes on stage?
(b) Her purse.
(c) Her lunch.
(d) Her favorite sweater.
10. What is the relationship between Maria and Aristotle Onassis?
(c) Pen pals.
(d) Business associates.
11. What range does Sophie sing?
12. What did Maria's singing teacher encourage in her?
(c) Long breaks from classes.
(d) Stage presence.
13. What is happening with the lights at the beginning of Act I?
(a) It is totally dark.
(b) They are still up.
(c) They are broken.
(d) One light is missing.
14. Who says, "She's wearing so many diamonds she can scarcely move her arms..."?
15. What is La Scala?
(a) Milan opera house.
(b) Famous restaurant.
(c) Italian footwear.
(d) Italian clothing designer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Manny acknowledge in the audience?
2. What does Sophie wish to get from Maria?
3. How many students perform for Maria in Act I?
4. Who is Sophie de Palma?
5. What is Onassis' business?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)