|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria say about projection in Act I?
(a) It's important to singing.
(b) It has no value.
(c) It's over-valued.
(d) She hates to project.
2. What does Maria request during Act I from the stage hand?
(a) Water, cushion, footstool.
(c) Bagel and cream cheese.
(d) Nail filer.
3. Who drops to her knees and sings part of La Sonnambula?
4. Who could not afford to buy oranges during the war?
(d) Stage hand.
5. Who is Sophie de Palma?
(a) Maria's sister.
(b) Maria's student.
(c) Maria's daughter.
(d) Manny's girlfriend.
6. What does Maria say about singing at the beginning of Act I?
(a) It is not enough for a life.
(b) She's scared of it.
(c) She was never disciplined about her studies.
(d) It is serious business.
7. What is La Scala?
(a) Milan opera house.
(b) Famous restaurant.
(c) Italian clothing designer.
(d) Italian footwear.
8. What is Onassis' business?
(a) Shipping magnate.
(c) Wine seller.
9. Whose nickname is La Divina?
10. What does Maria Callas teach?
(a) Piano performance.
(b) Fashion history.
(c) Opera Master Class.
11. In Act I, what does Maria say Onassis wants her to do?
(a) Sing more often.
(b) Stop performing and have his baby.
(c) Become a famous cellist.
(d) Learn to act.
12. Who is dressed in a custom pantsuit and expensive accessories?
(c) Stage hand.
13. What does Onassis give to Maria?
(a) Musical stardom.
(c) Tips on travel.
14. Who are the last actors to leave the stage in Act I?
(a) Sophie and Tony.
(b) Maria and Sophie.
(c) Sophie and Manny.
(d) Manny and Maria.
15. Who does Sophie admire?
(a) Stage hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria call her first student?
2. Who is Rosa Ponselled, Giudetta Pasta, Lotte Lehmann and Zinka Milanov?
3. Who brings a cushion for Maria's chair?
4. What does Maria tell the audience about Sophie?
5. What does Maria tell Manny about her sense of humor?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)