|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role did Maria lose to another student when she was young?
2. Who can only sing one note before being interrupted by Maria in Act I?
3. What does Maria tell Manny about her sense of humor?
(a) It is always respectful.
(b) She doesn't have one.
(c) He will come to understand it.
(d) He will never get it.
4. Who drops to her knees and sings part of La Sonnambula?
5. Why does Maria ask for the house lights to go off during Act I?
(a) She forgot why they were on.
(b) She doesn't want to be seen.
(c) They are too harsh for the students.
(d) She likes to save energy.
6. Who is dressed in a custom pantsuit and expensive accessories?
(a) Stage hand.
7. Who walks to the edge of the stage in the beginning of Act I?
(a) Stage hand.
(b) Audience member.
8. Who says "know your limitations" in Act I?
9. What does Maria say about projection in Act I?
(a) It has no value.
(b) It's over-valued.
(c) It's important to singing.
(d) She hates to project.
10. Who brought class and respectability to Onassis?
11. What is Sophie lacking when Maria asks her to take notes on the scene?
(a) A pencil.
12. What does Maria say to Sophie before she leaves the stage in Act I?
(a) Good-bye forever.
(b) See you tomorrow.
(c) Much better.
(d) Excuse me, I'm ill.
13. What is happening with the lights at the beginning of Act I?
(a) One light is missing.
(b) They are still up.
(c) They are broken.
(d) It is totally dark.
14. Who does Sophie admire?
(b) Stage hand.
15. What does Maria say about discipline and courage in Act I?
(a) They are over-rated.
(b) She doesn't need them.
(c) She lacks both.
(d) They are the foundation of a proper operatic career.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria tell Sophie to do before she sings?
2. What does Manny adjust at the beginning of Act I?
3. What range does Sophie sing?
4. What is the name of Maria's singing teacher?
5. What is La Scala?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)