|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "She's wearing so many diamonds she can scarcely move her arms..."?
2. Who are the last actors to leave the stage in Act I?
(a) Maria and Sophie.
(b) Sophie and Tony.
(c) Manny and Maria.
(d) Sophie and Manny.
3. Whose nickname is La Divina?
4. What does Maria tell the audience they should not do during Act I?
5. How many acts are there in the play Master Class?
6. What does Maria say about her accompanist's appearance?
(a) He doesn't have a look.
(b) She loves it.
(c) His shirt is vibrant.
(d) His hat is just the right touch.
7. What is Onassis' business?
(a) Shipping magnate.
(b) Wine seller.
8. What does Maria tell Manny about her sense of humor?
(a) He will never get it.
(b) It is always respectful.
(c) He will come to understand it.
(d) She doesn't have one.
9. What role did Maria lose to another student when she was young?
10. What country is Onassis from?
11. Who is Rosa Ponselled, Giudetta Pasta, Lotte Lehmann and Zinka Milanov?
(a) Sophie's former teachers.
(b) World's great sopranos.
(c) Neighbors of Maria's.
(d) Juilliard adminstrators.
12. What didn't Maria have as she walked back and forth to the conservatory during World War II?
(b) Proper shoes.
(d) A good attitude.
13. Who could not afford to buy oranges during the war?
(b) Stage hand.
14. Who says "know your limitations" in Act I?
15. What does Maria imitate about Onassis?
(a) His good manners.
(b) His singing.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His vulgar speech and crude attitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is startled by Sophie's lack of knowledge?
2. Who is Sophie de Palma?
3. Why does Maria ask for the house lights to go off during Act I?
4. What did Maria's singing teacher encourage in her?
5. Who is dressed in a custom pantsuit and expensive accessories?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)