|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening with the lights at the beginning of Act I?
(a) They are broken.
(b) It is totally dark.
(c) One light is missing.
(d) They are still up.
2. What does Sophie wish to get from Maria?
(b) Some temperment.
(d) Sheet music.
3. How many students perform for Maria in Act I?
4. What did Maria's singing teacher encourage in her?
(c) Stage presence.
(d) Long breaks from classes.
5. When does Manny appear on stage in Act I?
(a) After Maria.
(c) After Sophie.
6. What is the name of Maria's singing teacher?
(a) Tommy Tunes.
(b) Samuel Adagio.
(c) Hector Lumina.
(d) Elvira de Hidalgo.
7. What does Manny adjust at the beginning of Act I?
(d) Piano bench.
8. Who does Manny acknowledge in the audience?
(d) Critics and reviewers.
9. What didn't Maria have as she walked back and forth to the conservatory during World War II?
(a) A good attitude.
(d) Proper shoes.
10. Who brings a cushion for Maria's chair?
(a) Stage hand.
11. What is the relationship between Maria and Aristotle Onassis?
(a) Pen pals.
(c) Business associates.
12. How many acts are there in the play Master Class?
13. Maria tells the audience it's not a performance but a:
(b) Group activity.
14. What is Maria Callas' passion?
(b) Greek food.
15. Who is dressed in a custom pantsuit and expensive accessories?
(d) Stage hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sophie de Palma?
2. Who could not afford to buy oranges during the war?
3. What is Onassis' business?
4. Who walks to the edge of the stage in the beginning of Act I?
5. Who says, "She's wearing so many diamonds she can scarcely move her arms..."?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)