|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Manny acknowledge in the audience?
(d) Critics and reviewers.
2. Who is Rosa Ponselled, Giudetta Pasta, Lotte Lehmann and Zinka Milanov?
(a) Neighbors of Maria's.
(b) World's great sopranos.
(c) Sophie's former teachers.
(d) Juilliard adminstrators.
3. Who walks to the edge of the stage in the beginning of Act I?
(b) Audience member.
(d) Stage hand.
4. Who is dressed in a custom pantsuit and expensive accessories?
(a) Stage hand.
5. In Act I, who does Maria remember performing for at La Scala?
(a) Other students.
(b) School children.
(c) Famous dignitaries.
(d) Her teachers.
6. Why does Maria ask for the house lights to go off during Act I?
(a) She forgot why they were on.
(b) She doesn't want to be seen.
(c) They are too harsh for the students.
(d) She likes to save energy.
7. Who brings a cushion for Maria's chair?
(b) Stage hand.
8. What country is Onassis from?
9. Who could not afford to buy oranges during the war?
(c) Stage hand.
10. What does Maria say to Sophie before she leaves the stage in Act I?
(a) Good-bye forever.
(b) Excuse me, I'm ill.
(c) Much better.
(d) See you tomorrow.
11. Who drops to her knees and sings part of La Sonnambula?
12. What does Maria say about her accompanist's appearance?
(a) She loves it.
(b) His shirt is vibrant.
(c) His hat is just the right touch.
(d) He doesn't have a look.
13. What does Maria tell the audience about Sophie?
(a) That she has good musical range.
(b) That she will be a great performer.
(c) That she likes her appearance.
(d) That she does not have style.
14. What is happening with the lights at the beginning of Act I?
(a) It is totally dark.
(b) They are still up.
(c) One light is missing.
(d) They are broken.
15. What is the relationship between Maria and Aristotle Onassis?
(a) Pen pals.
(d) Business associates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Manny's job?
2. When does Manny appear on stage in Act I?
3. What does Maria Callas teach?
4. What is La Scala?
5. What is the name of Maria's singing teacher?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)