|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria call her first student?
(a) Musically gifted.
(c) Great singer.
2. What is happening with the lights at the beginning of Act I?
(a) They are broken.
(b) One light is missing.
(c) It is totally dark.
(d) They are still up.
3. What does Maria tell the audience they should not do during Act I?
4. What does Maria ask Sophie to translate after interrupting her aria?
(a) Have some water.
(b) The Italian verse.
(d) Breathe into a bag.
5. What did Maria's singing teacher encourage in her?
(a) Long breaks from classes.
(c) Stage presence.
6. What nickname does Onassis have for Maria?
(b) My love.
7. What role did Maria lose to another student when she was young?
8. Who drops to her knees and sings part of La Sonnambula?
9. Who brought class and respectability to Onassis?
10. What is Maria Callas' passion?
(b) Greek food.
11. How many acts are there in the play Master Class?
12. What is the name of Maria's singing teacher?
(a) Samuel Adagio.
(b) Elvira de Hidalgo.
(c) Tommy Tunes.
(d) Hector Lumina.
13. What does Maria say about her accompanist's appearance?
(a) His hat is just the right touch.
(b) He doesn't have a look.
(c) His shirt is vibrant.
(d) She loves it.
14. What does Manny adjust at the beginning of Act I?
(d) Piano bench.
15. What does Sophie announce she will sing in Act I?
(b) Country music.
(c) Aria from La Sonnambula.
(d) Music from La Boheme.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sophie lacking when Maria asks her to take notes on the scene?
2. Which prop does Maria complain is missing when Sophie comes on stage?
3. Who are the last actors to leave the stage in Act I?
4. Who is startled by Sophie's lack of knowledge?
5. In Act I, Maria complains that the theater is too:
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)