|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria tell Manny about her sense of humor?
(a) He will never get it.
(b) He will come to understand it.
(c) It is always respectful.
(d) She doesn't have one.
2. Which prop does Maria complain is missing when Sophie comes on stage?
(a) Her favorite sweater.
(b) Her lunch.
(d) Her purse.
3. What does Maria tell the audience they should not do during Act I?
4. What is happening with the lights at the beginning of Act I?
(a) They are still up.
(b) They are broken.
(c) It is totally dark.
(d) One light is missing.
5. Who drops to her knees and sings part of La Sonnambula?
6. Why does Maria ask for the house lights to go off during Act I?
(a) They are too harsh for the students.
(b) She doesn't want to be seen.
(c) She forgot why they were on.
(d) She likes to save energy.
7. What does Onassis give to Maria?
(a) Musical stardom.
(b) Tips on travel.
8. What is the name of Maria's singing teacher?
(a) Tommy Tunes.
(b) Samuel Adagio.
(c) Elvira de Hidalgo.
(d) Hector Lumina.
9. Who is dressed in a custom pantsuit and expensive accessories?
(b) Stage hand.
10. What role did Maria lose to another student when she was young?
11. What does Maria say about singing at the beginning of Act I?
(a) It is serious business.
(b) She was never disciplined about her studies.
(c) She's scared of it.
(d) It is not enough for a life.
12. What is Sophie lacking when Maria asks her to take notes on the scene?
(c) A pencil.
13. What does Maria say about discipline and courage in Act I?
(a) She doesn't need them.
(b) They are over-rated.
(c) They are the foundation of a proper operatic career.
(d) She lacks both.
14. How many acts are there in the play Master Class?
15. When does Manny appear on stage in Act I?
(a) After Maria.
(c) After Sophie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What didn't Maria have as she walked back and forth to the conservatory during World War II?
2. What country is Onassis from?
3. Who is startled by Sophie's lack of knowledge?
4. In Act I, Maria complains that the theater is too:
5. Who could not afford to buy oranges during the war?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)