|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the last actors to leave the stage in Act I?
(a) Manny and Maria.
(b) Sophie and Manny.
(c) Sophie and Tony.
(d) Maria and Sophie.
2. Why does Maria ask for the house lights to go off during Act I?
(a) She likes to save energy.
(b) She forgot why they were on.
(c) She doesn't want to be seen.
(d) They are too harsh for the students.
3. What does Onassis give to Maria?
(a) Tips on travel.
(b) Musical stardom.
4. What role did Maria lose to another student when she was young?
5. How does Maria describe herself physically as a young student?
(a) Too thin.
(b) Fat and unattractive.
6. What is La Scala?
(a) Milan opera house.
(b) Famous restaurant.
(c) Italian clothing designer.
(d) Italian footwear.
7. What does Maria say about her accompanist's appearance?
(a) He doesn't have a look.
(b) His hat is just the right touch.
(c) His shirt is vibrant.
(d) She loves it.
8. Which prop does Maria complain is missing when Sophie comes on stage?
(b) Her lunch.
(c) Her favorite sweater.
(d) Her purse.
9. What did Maria's singing teacher encourage in her?
(b) Stage presence.
(d) Long breaks from classes.
10. What does Maria imitate about Onassis?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His good manners.
(c) His singing.
(d) His vulgar speech and crude attitude.
11. In Act I, who does Maria remember performing for at La Scala?
(a) Famous dignitaries.
(b) Other students.
(c) Her teachers.
(d) School children.
12. What does Maria call her first student?
(c) Great singer.
(d) Musically gifted.
13. What does Maria request during Act I from the stage hand?
(a) Nail filer.
(c) Water, cushion, footstool.
(d) Bagel and cream cheese.
14. What is Maria Callas' passion?
(b) Greek food.
15. What does Maria tell Manny about her sense of humor?
(a) She doesn't have one.
(b) He will come to understand it.
(c) He will never get it.
(d) It is always respectful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sophie de Palma?
2. Who is dressed in a custom pantsuit and expensive accessories?
3. What is Sophie lacking when Maria asks her to take notes on the scene?
4. What is Onassis' business?
5. What is Manny's job?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)