|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings a cushion for Maria's chair?
(d) Stage hand.
2. What is Maria Callas' passion?
(d) Greek food.
3. What does Sophie wish to get from Maria?
(b) Sheet music.
(d) Some temperment.
4. What role did Maria lose to another student when she was young?
5. Who are the last actors to leave the stage in Act I?
(a) Maria and Sophie.
(b) Sophie and Tony.
(c) Sophie and Manny.
(d) Manny and Maria.
6. What does Maria say about singing at the beginning of Act I?
(a) She's scared of it.
(b) It is not enough for a life.
(c) It is serious business.
(d) She was never disciplined about her studies.
7. How many students perform for Maria in Act I?
8. When does Manny appear on stage in Act I?
(b) After Sophie.
(d) After Maria.
9. Who brought class and respectability to Onassis?
10. What range does Sophie sing?
11. What does Maria say about her accompanist's appearance?
(a) He doesn't have a look.
(b) His hat is just the right touch.
(c) She loves it.
(d) His shirt is vibrant.
12. Who does Sophie admire?
(d) Stage hand.
13. Who walks to the edge of the stage in the beginning of Act I?
(a) Stage hand.
(b) Audience member.
14. What does Maria Callas teach?
(a) Opera Master Class.
(b) Piano performance.
(c) Fashion history.
15. In Act I, Maria complains that the theater is too:
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is Onassis from?
2. What is Onassis' business?
3. Who says "know your limitations" in Act I?
4. What does Maria imitate about Onassis?
5. What does Maria request during Act I from the stage hand?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)