Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria imitate about Onassis?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His vulgar speech and crude attitude.
(c) His good manners.
(d) His singing.
2. What does Maria ask Sophie to translate after interrupting her aria?
(a) Have some water.
(b) Breathe into a bag.
(c) The Italian verse.
3. What criticism does Maria give Sophie about her singing?
(a) That she is too flamboyant for the stage.
(b) That her voice is too high.
(c) That she doesn't fully feel the music.
(d) That she doesn't like her shoes.
4. Why does Maria ask for the house lights to go off during Act I?
(a) She forgot why they were on.
(b) She likes to save energy.
(c) She doesn't want to be seen.
(d) They are too harsh for the students.
5. Who brings a cushion for Maria's chair?
(a) Stage hand.
6. What country is Onassis from?
7. Who walks to the edge of the stage in the beginning of Act I?
(b) Audience member.
(c) Stage hand.
8. What does Maria tell Manny about her sense of humor?
(a) He will never get it.
(b) She doesn't have one.
(c) He will come to understand it.
(d) It is always respectful.
9. Who brought class and respectability to Onassis?
10. Who does Manny acknowledge in the audience?
(a) Critics and reviewers.
11. What is happening with the lights at the beginning of Act I?
(a) It is totally dark.
(b) They are broken.
(c) One light is missing.
(d) They are still up.
12. How many acts are there in the play Master Class?
13. What is the relationship between Maria and Aristotle Onassis?
(a) Pen pals.
(b) Business associates.
14. What nickname does Onassis have for Maria?
(d) My love.
15. What does Maria say to Sophie before she leaves the stage in Act I?
(a) See you tomorrow.
(b) Good-bye forever.
(c) Much better.
(d) Excuse me, I'm ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie wish to get from Maria?
2. Who can only sing one note before being interrupted by Maria in Act I?
3. What role did Maria lose to another student when she was young?
4. What does Maria tell the audience about Sophie?
5. What does Onassis give to Maria?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)