|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria imitate about Onassis?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His singing.
(c) His good manners.
(d) His vulgar speech and crude attitude.
2. What is Sophie lacking when Maria asks her to take notes on the scene?
(c) A pencil.
3. Who could not afford to buy oranges during the war?
(b) Stage hand.
4. What does Maria tell the audience about Sophie?
(a) That she does not have style.
(b) That she likes her appearance.
(c) That she has good musical range.
(d) That she will be a great performer.
5. What does Maria ask Sophie to translate after interrupting her aria?
(a) The Italian verse.
(c) Have some water.
(d) Breathe into a bag.
6. Which prop does Maria complain is missing when Sophie comes on stage?
(b) Her lunch.
(c) Her purse.
(d) Her favorite sweater.
7. What does Manny adjust at the beginning of Act I?
(a) Piano bench.
8. Who walks to the edge of the stage in the beginning of Act I?
(a) Stage hand.
(c) Audience member.
9. How does Maria describe herself physically as a young student?
(a) Too thin.
(b) Fat and unattractive.
10. Who brought class and respectability to Onassis?
11. Who returns her music score to Sophie in Act I?
(a) Stage hand.
(d) Another student.
12. What is happening with the lights at the beginning of Act I?
(a) It is totally dark.
(b) They are broken.
(c) One light is missing.
(d) They are still up.
13. What did Maria's singing teacher encourage in her?
(a) Long breaks from classes.
(b) Stage presence.
14. What does Maria say about singing at the beginning of Act I?
(a) It is serious business.
(b) It is not enough for a life.
(c) She's scared of it.
(d) She was never disciplined about her studies.
15. What is La Scala?
(a) Milan opera house.
(b) Famous restaurant.
(c) Italian clothing designer.
(d) Italian footwear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Maria's singing teacher?
2. What nickname does Onassis have for Maria?
3. What does Maria request during Act I from the stage hand?
4. In Act I, who does Maria remember performing for at La Scala?
5. What range does Sophie sing?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)