|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie wish to get from Maria?
(b) Some temperment.
(c) Sheet music.
2. Who says "know your limitations" in Act I?
3. Why does Maria ask for the house lights to go off during Act I?
(a) She likes to save energy.
(b) They are too harsh for the students.
(c) She forgot why they were on.
(d) She doesn't want to be seen.
4. Who returns her music score to Sophie in Act I?
(a) Another student.
(c) Stage hand.
5. What does Maria say to Sophie before she leaves the stage in Act I?
(a) See you tomorrow.
(b) Excuse me, I'm ill.
(c) Good-bye forever.
(d) Much better.
6. What didn't Maria have as she walked back and forth to the conservatory during World War II?
(b) Proper shoes.
(d) A good attitude.
7. What is La Scala?
(a) Famous restaurant.
(b) Italian footwear.
(c) Milan opera house.
(d) Italian clothing designer.
8. What does Maria request during Act I from the stage hand?
(a) Bagel and cream cheese.
(b) Water, cushion, footstool.
(c) Nail filer.
9. Who can only sing one note before being interrupted by Maria in Act I?
10. Who is Rosa Ponselled, Giudetta Pasta, Lotte Lehmann and Zinka Milanov?
(a) Juilliard adminstrators.
(b) Neighbors of Maria's.
(c) Sophie's former teachers.
(d) World's great sopranos.
11. Who brings a cushion for Maria's chair?
(b) Stage hand.
12. What does Manny adjust at the beginning of Act I?
(c) Piano bench.
13. How does Maria describe herself physically as a young student?
(b) Too thin.
(d) Fat and unattractive.
14. What is happening with the lights at the beginning of Act I?
(a) They are broken.
(b) They are still up.
(c) One light is missing.
(d) It is totally dark.
15. Who is startled by Sophie's lack of knowledge?
(d) Stage hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Maria and Aristotle Onassis?
2. What is Manny's job?
3. Maria tells the audience it's not a performance but a:
4. Who does Sophie admire?
5. What does Maria say about singing at the beginning of Act I?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)