|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role did Maria lose to another student when she was young?
2. What does Manny adjust at the beginning of Act I?
(a) Piano bench.
3. Who is dressed in a custom pantsuit and expensive accessories?
(c) Stage hand.
4. In Act I, who does Maria remember performing for at La Scala?
(a) Her teachers.
(b) Other students.
(c) Famous dignitaries.
(d) School children.
5. Who returns her music score to Sophie in Act I?
(a) Another student.
(d) Stage hand.
6. What does Maria request during Act I from the stage hand?
(a) Water, cushion, footstool.
(b) Bagel and cream cheese.
(d) Nail filer.
7. Who says, "She's wearing so many diamonds she can scarcely move her arms..."?
8. Who can only sing one note before being interrupted by Maria in Act I?
9. Maria tells the audience it's not a performance but a:
(b) Group activity.
10. Whose nickname is La Divina?
11. Who is Rosa Ponselled, Giudetta Pasta, Lotte Lehmann and Zinka Milanov?
(a) Juilliard adminstrators.
(b) Neighbors of Maria's.
(c) Sophie's former teachers.
(d) World's great sopranos.
12. How does Maria describe herself physically as a young student?
(c) Too thin.
(d) Fat and unattractive.
13. What does Maria say about discipline and courage in Act I?
(a) She doesn't need them.
(b) She lacks both.
(c) They are over-rated.
(d) They are the foundation of a proper operatic career.
14. How many acts are there in the play Master Class?
15. Who is startled by Sophie's lack of knowledge?
(c) Stage hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who could not afford to buy oranges during the war?
2. What criticism does Maria give Sophie about her singing?
3. What does Sophie announce she will sing in Act I?
4. What is Maria Callas' passion?
5. Who drops to her knees and sings part of La Sonnambula?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)