|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maria Callas' passion?
(d) Greek food.
2. Who is Rosa Ponselled, Giudetta Pasta, Lotte Lehmann and Zinka Milanov?
(a) Neighbors of Maria's.
(b) Sophie's former teachers.
(c) Juilliard adminstrators.
(d) World's great sopranos.
3. What does Maria imitate about Onassis?
(a) His good manners.
(b) His vulgar speech and crude attitude.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His singing.
4. Who returns her music score to Sophie in Act I?
(a) Another student.
(d) Stage hand.
5. What is happening with the lights at the beginning of Act I?
(a) One light is missing.
(b) It is totally dark.
(c) They are still up.
(d) They are broken.
6. In Act I, what does Maria say Onassis wants her to do?
(a) Learn to act.
(b) Become a famous cellist.
(c) Stop performing and have his baby.
(d) Sing more often.
7. What does Maria tell Manny about her sense of humor?
(a) He will come to understand it.
(b) He will never get it.
(c) It is always respectful.
(d) She doesn't have one.
8. What does Sophie wish to get from Maria?
(a) Sheet music.
(d) Some temperment.
9. What does Maria call her first student?
(b) Great singer.
(c) Musically gifted.
10. What is the name of Maria's singing teacher?
(a) Elvira de Hidalgo.
(b) Samuel Adagio.
(c) Tommy Tunes.
(d) Hector Lumina.
11. What range does Sophie sing?
12. Who says "know your limitations" in Act I?
13. What does Maria say to Sophie before she leaves the stage in Act I?
(a) Good-bye forever.
(b) Much better.
(c) Excuse me, I'm ill.
(d) See you tomorrow.
14. What does Maria tell the audience they should not do during Act I?
15. What is Sophie lacking when Maria asks her to take notes on the scene?
(a) A pencil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manny adjust at the beginning of Act I?
2. How many acts are there in the play Master Class?
3. What does Maria say about discipline and courage in Act I?
4. Who walks to the edge of the stage in the beginning of Act I?
5. Who is Sophie de Palma?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)