|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening with the lights at the beginning of Act I?
(a) They are still up.
(b) They are broken.
(c) One light is missing.
(d) It is totally dark.
2. What role did Maria lose to another student when she was young?
3. Who says "know your limitations" in Act I?
4. When does Manny appear on stage in Act I?
(a) After Sophie.
(c) After Maria.
5. Who are the last actors to leave the stage in Act I?
(a) Sophie and Tony.
(b) Sophie and Manny.
(c) Maria and Sophie.
(d) Manny and Maria.
6. How many acts are there in the play Master Class?
7. What does Maria say about projection in Act I?
(a) It has no value.
(b) It's important to singing.
(c) She hates to project.
(d) It's over-valued.
8. In Act I, Maria complains that the theater is too:
9. What does Maria imitate about Onassis?
(a) His good manners.
(b) His singing.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His vulgar speech and crude attitude.
10. Maria tells the audience it's not a performance but a:
(a) Group activity.
11. Who is Sophie de Palma?
(a) Maria's sister.
(b) Manny's girlfriend.
(c) Maria's daughter.
(d) Maria's student.
12. Who can only sing one note before being interrupted by Maria in Act I?
13. What country is Onassis from?
14. What nickname does Onassis have for Maria?
(c) My love.
15. What does Maria tell the audience they should not do during Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria say about discipline and courage in Act I?
2. What does Maria say about singing at the beginning of Act I?
3. What is Maria Callas' passion?
4. Who does Sophie admire?
5. What does Maria tell the audience about Sophie?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)