|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What didn't Maria have as she walked back and forth to the conservatory during World War II?
(b) Proper shoes.
(c) A good attitude.
2. Who returns her music score to Sophie in Act I?
(b) Another student.
(c) Stage hand.
3. In Act I, Maria complains that the theater is too:
4. How many acts are there in the play Master Class?
5. What does Maria tell Sophie to do before she sings?
(a) Get a tissue.
(b) Close off her ears.
(c) Get her lunch.
(d) Stand under the lights.
6. What is the relationship between Maria and Aristotle Onassis?
(a) Pen pals.
(c) Business associates.
7. What does Onassis give to Maria?
(a) Musical stardom.
(b) Tips on travel.
8. What criticism does Maria give Sophie about her singing?
(a) That she doesn't fully feel the music.
(b) That her voice is too high.
(c) That she doesn't like her shoes.
(d) That she is too flamboyant for the stage.
9. Who is dressed in a custom pantsuit and expensive accessories?
(b) Stage hand.
10. What does Maria tell the audience they should not do during Act I?
11. Who says "know your limitations" in Act I?
12. Who does Sophie admire?
(d) Stage hand.
13. What does Maria tell Manny about her sense of humor?
(a) She doesn't have one.
(b) He will never get it.
(c) It is always respectful.
(d) He will come to understand it.
14. Who is startled by Sophie's lack of knowledge?
(a) Stage hand.
15. What does Maria say to Sophie before she leaves the stage in Act I?
(a) Excuse me, I'm ill.
(b) See you tomorrow.
(c) Good-bye forever.
(d) Much better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Onassis' business?
2. What does Maria call her first student?
3. What does Maria ask Sophie to translate after interrupting her aria?
4. What does Manny adjust at the beginning of Act I?
5. Who drops to her knees and sings part of La Sonnambula?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)