|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria imitate about Onassis?
(a) His vulgar speech and crude attitude.
(b) His good manners.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His singing.
2. Who is Sophie de Palma?
(a) Manny's girlfriend.
(b) Maria's sister.
(c) Maria's daughter.
(d) Maria's student.
3. Why does Maria ask for the house lights to go off during Act I?
(a) She doesn't want to be seen.
(b) They are too harsh for the students.
(c) She forgot why they were on.
(d) She likes to save energy.
4. Who could not afford to buy oranges during the war?
(c) Stage hand.
5. What does Maria say to Sophie before she leaves the stage in Act I?
(a) Much better.
(b) See you tomorrow.
(c) Good-bye forever.
(d) Excuse me, I'm ill.
6. In Act I, Maria complains that the theater is too:
7. Who brings a cushion for Maria's chair?
(d) Stage hand.
8. Maria tells the audience it's not a performance but a:
(d) Group activity.
9. What does Maria tell Manny about her sense of humor?
(a) He will never get it.
(b) She doesn't have one.
(c) He will come to understand it.
(d) It is always respectful.
10. What does Maria request during Act I from the stage hand?
(b) Bagel and cream cheese.
(c) Water, cushion, footstool.
(d) Nail filer.
11. What is Onassis' business?
(c) Shipping magnate.
(d) Wine seller.
12. What does Maria say about her accompanist's appearance?
(a) He doesn't have a look.
(b) His shirt is vibrant.
(c) She loves it.
(d) His hat is just the right touch.
13. What is Maria Callas' passion?
(d) Greek food.
14. Who is startled by Sophie's lack of knowledge?
(a) Stage hand.
15. What role did Maria lose to another student when she was young?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie wish to get from Maria?
2. What does Maria ask Sophie to translate after interrupting her aria?
3. Who does Sophie admire?
4. What does Maria say about singing at the beginning of Act I?
5. Who drops to her knees and sings part of La Sonnambula?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)