|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings a cushion for Maria's chair?
(b) Stage hand.
2. What does Sophie wish to get from Maria?
(c) Sheet music.
(d) Some temperment.
3. What didn't Maria have as she walked back and forth to the conservatory during World War II?
(a) Proper shoes.
(d) A good attitude.
4. What did Maria's singing teacher encourage in her?
(c) Stage presence.
(d) Long breaks from classes.
5. Maria tells the audience it's not a performance but a:
(d) Group activity.
6. How many students perform for Maria in Act I?
7. What does Maria Callas teach?
(a) Piano performance.
(b) Fashion history.
(d) Opera Master Class.
8. How does Maria describe herself physically as a young student?
(c) Too thin.
(d) Fat and unattractive.
9. What does Maria request during Act I from the stage hand?
(a) Water, cushion, footstool.
(c) Bagel and cream cheese.
(d) Nail filer.
10. Why does Maria ask for the house lights to go off during Act I?
(a) She forgot why they were on.
(b) They are too harsh for the students.
(c) She likes to save energy.
(d) She doesn't want to be seen.
11. What is Sophie lacking when Maria asks her to take notes on the scene?
(b) A pencil.
12. What does Onassis give to Maria?
(a) Musical stardom.
(c) Tips on travel.
13. What country is Onassis from?
14. Who does Manny acknowledge in the audience?
(a) Critics and reviewers.
15. Who is Sophie de Palma?
(a) Manny's girlfriend.
(b) Maria's sister.
(c) Maria's daughter.
(d) Maria's student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Onassis have for Maria?
2. Who brought class and respectability to Onassis?
3. What does Maria say about projection in Act I?
4. Who is startled by Sophie's lack of knowledge?
5. What is Onassis' business?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)