|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria ask Sophie to translate after interrupting her aria?
(a) The Italian verse.
(b) Have some water.
(d) Breathe into a bag.
2. What does Maria say about her accompanist's appearance?
(a) She loves it.
(b) His shirt is vibrant.
(c) His hat is just the right touch.
(d) He doesn't have a look.
3. Who is Sophie de Palma?
(a) Maria's daughter.
(b) Manny's girlfriend.
(c) Maria's student.
(d) Maria's sister.
4. In Act I, what does Maria say Onassis wants her to do?
(a) Learn to act.
(b) Become a famous cellist.
(c) Stop performing and have his baby.
(d) Sing more often.
5. In Act I, who does Maria remember performing for at La Scala?
(a) Her teachers.
(b) School children.
(c) Other students.
(d) Famous dignitaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brought class and respectability to Onassis?
2. What does Maria request during Act I from the stage hand?
3. Who can only sing one note before being interrupted by Maria in Act I?
4. What is the relationship between Maria and Aristotle Onassis?
5. What does Maria call her first student?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)