|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sophie admire?
(c) Stage hand.
2. Who returns her music score to Sophie in Act I?
(a) Another student.
(b) Stage hand.
3. What did Maria's singing teacher encourage in her?
(b) Stage presence.
(d) Long breaks from classes.
4. In Act I, what does Maria say Onassis wants her to do?
(a) Become a famous cellist.
(b) Sing more often.
(c) Learn to act.
(d) Stop performing and have his baby.
5. What does Maria say about projection in Act I?
(a) She hates to project.
(b) It has no value.
(c) It's important to singing.
(d) It's over-valued.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who could not afford to buy oranges during the war?
2. What does Maria say about her accompanist's appearance?
3. What is happening with the lights at the beginning of Act I?
4. Who says "know your limitations" in Act I?
5. When does Manny appear on stage in Act I?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)