|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria say a performance is?
(a) The best way to showcase a symphony.
(b) Struggle between the artist and the audience.
(c) A test of a stage director's authority.
(d) Love affair between artist and audience.
2. What does Sophie announce she will sing in Act I?
(a) Aria from La Sonnambula.
(c) Music from La Boheme.
(d) Country music.
3. What does Maria tell Manny about her sense of humor?
(a) He will come to understand it.
(b) It is always respectful.
(c) He will never get it.
(d) She doesn't have one.
4. What is happening with the lights at the beginning of Act I?
(a) It is totally dark.
(b) One light is missing.
(c) They are broken.
(d) They are still up.
5. How many students perform for Maria in Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony tell Maria about his ambitions?
2. What is Lady Macbeth's expression as stated in the entrance scene directions?
3. How does Maria respond to Manny's information about who left the flowers?
4. Where did Maria debut?
5. What happens to Maria's voice when she sings Sharon's Lady Macbeth aria?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)