|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie announce she will sing in Act I?
(a) Country music.
(b) Aria from La Sonnambula.
(d) Music from La Boheme.
2. What does Maria tell the audience after Sharon has left the stage?
(a) She is jealous of Sharon.
(b) She is an accelerated singer.
(c) She loves Sharon's recording.
(d) That all types of guidance are necessary.
3. How is the stage set in Act II?
(a) As a living room.
(b) With many props.
(c) As a bedroom.
4. What does Maria ask Sophie to translate after interrupting her aria?
(a) The Italian verse.
(c) Have some water.
(d) Breathe into a bag.
5. What does Manny say about who left the flowers?
(a) Maria's husband.
(b) An unknown admirer.
(c) Maria's mother.
(d) Manny's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony tell Maria about his ambitions?
2. What does Maria say a performance is?
3. Who is Sharon Graham?
4. What is the relationship between Maria and Aristotle Onassis?
5. What is La Scala?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)