|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilda say Solness was sent into the world with?
2. What do Solness and Hilda want to build their castle on?
3. What happens to Solness when he is up high?
4. What does Solness presume Hilda and Aline were talking about?
5. Who does Solness tell Ragnar to go home to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about late 19th century society:
Essay Topic 2
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Was the generational gap expressed in the Master Builder particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 3
What made Solness a good architect? What did Solness have to learn to become a successful architect?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)