|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hilda long to see Solness?
2. What does Hilda think would be thrilling?
3. What does Hilda say she would be useless at?
4. Who is Solness afraid will stop obeying him?
5. What does Hilda say builders can leave behind in their castles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Ibsen use only one location? How does he use the characters to express a life beyond this location? How is the location used to express elements such as theme and character? How do the students think the story's setting would change if it was a novel?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the Play. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)