Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilda call their dream home?
2. What has Hilda been exploring?
3. What does Ragnar bring in for Solness?
4. What does Hilda say is was not a simple to do?
5. Which of the following words does Solness use to describe the inside of the house?
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the Play. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Ibsen use only one location? How does he use the characters to express a life beyond this location? How is the location used to express elements such as theme and character? How do the students think the story's setting would change if it was a novel?
Essay Topic 3
What made Solness a good architect? What did Solness have to learn to become a successful architect?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)