|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of conscience does Hilda say Solness should have?
2. What does Hilda say one cannot choose?
3. What does Solness say held him back from fixing the flue?
4. Where did the fire break out?
5. What does Solness ask Hilda if she has read?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the term modernism? What are the conventions of modernism and how is it different to post-modernism? In ways is Master Builder a modernist text?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Was the generational gap expressed in the Master Builder particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about late 19th century society:
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)