|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Solness say that Ragnar should not be allowed to do?
2. What does Hilda say Solness was sent into the world with?
3. What does Ragnar bring in for Solness?
4. What does Hilda call their dream home?
5. Where did the fire break out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following options and discuss what it symbolizes in the play:
1) The crack in the chimney.
2) Castles in the sky.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about late 19th century society:
Essay Topic 3
Why does Ibsen use only one location? How does he use the characters to express a life beyond this location? How is the location used to express elements such as theme and character? How do the students think the story's setting would change if it was a novel?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)