|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilda say was harder to lose than the children?
2. What does Solness show Hilda?
3. What does Mr. Solness say the fire was caused by?
4. What did Hilda use to collect?
5. What does Hilda tell Solness he goes on like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the term modernism? What are the conventions of modernism and how is it different to post-modernism? In ways is Master Builder a modernist text?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)