|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spirit does Solness talk to Hilda about?
2. Who did Aline's old house belong to?
3. Where does Solness say Hilda can see if she sits on the sofa?
4. What does Aline say Solness is underneath his bluster?
5. Who does Aline decide to call in this act?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the play.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the play's structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 2
What made Solness a good architect? What did Solness have to learn to become a successful architect?
Essay Topic 3
How can such guilt destroy one's life? How can someone recover from such feelings of guilt?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)