|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Solness describe as bonny?
2. What does Solness presume Hilda and Aline were talking about?
3. What does Solness give Kaia?
4. What do Solness and Hilda want to build their castle on?
5. What does Ragnar take away with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do Solness and Aline stay with each other if they are so unhappy? Is their unhappiness solely to do with the death of the children? What was their life like before the death of their children?
Essay Topic 2
Ibsen greatly influenced modern literature. Choose a book or play that you think was influenced by the The Master Builder and discuss its similarities with the novel in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Examine the Play's settings. Explain how the play's settings contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)