|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilda say was harder to lose than the children?
2. Who spirit does Solness talk to Hilda about?
3. What affected Aline's milk?
4. Who did Aline's old house belong to?
5. Why did Hilda not contact Solness before?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Play's settings. Explain how the play's settings contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the play.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the play's structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)