|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made it easier for Aline to come to terms with her sons death?
2. Who does Hilda accuse Solness of destroying?
3. What does Hilda say the house seems to have?
4. Who does Aline decide to call in this act?
5. What does Solness say Hilda does not understand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Ibsen use only one location? How does he use the characters to express a life beyond this location? How is the location used to express elements such as theme and character? How do the students think the story's setting would change if it was a novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Ibsen's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? How important is it for a writer to draw from their own experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the Play's dialogue. Explain how Ibsen's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)