|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilda say was harder to lose than the children?
2. What does Solness say he has given up?
3. Who does Solness tell Ragnar to go home to?
4. What does Solness say he needs in his life?
5. Which of the following words does Solness use to describe the inside of the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between a play and a prose piece in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
What made Solness a good architect? What did Solness have to learn to become a successful architect?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1890s? How does Ibsen express these concerns?
2. How would Ibsen have to change the play if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)