|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilda say Solness was sent into the world with?
2. What color is Aline's shawl?
3. What does Solness give Kaia?
4. What does Hilda tell Solness to write on Ragnar's drawings?
5. What does Solness say Aline had a talent for building?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Play's settings. Explain how the play's settings contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following options and discuss what it symbolizes in the play:
1) The crack in the chimney.
2) Castles in the sky.
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)