|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Hilda been exploring?
2. What did Solness stop building after he lost the twins?
3. What does say Aline's hoouse looked like from the outside?
4. What made it easier for Aline to come to terms with her sons death?
5. What does Solness say that Ragnar should not be allowed to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following options and discuss what it symbolizes in the play:
1) The crack in the chimney.
2) Castles in the sky.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Ibsen use only one location? How does he use the characters to express a life beyond this location? How is the location used to express elements such as theme and character? How do the students think the story's setting would change if it was a novel?
Essay Topic 3
What symbolism does Ibsen use in the play? Is symbolism more important in theatre than other arts? If so, why?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)