|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ragnar take away with him?
2. What did Solness stop building after he lost the twins?
3. Which of the following type of devil does Solness not list?
4. Which of the following words does Hilda not use to describe what Solness said to Ragnar?
5. What affected Aline's milk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following options and discuss what it symbolizes in the play:
1) The crack in the chimney.
2) Castles in the sky.
Essay Topic 2
How can such guilt destroy one's life? How can someone recover from such feelings of guilt?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)