|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Solness say made him as a builder?
2. What did Aline have a talent for?
3. What does Solness say he has given up?
4. What does Hilda say one cannot choose?
5. Hilda does say Aline is by nature?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the play.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the play's structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 2
How can such guilt destroy one's life? How can someone recover from such feelings of guilt?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about late 19th century society:
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)