|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spirit does Solness talk to Hilda about?
2. Who does Hilda think is stupid?
3. Where does Hilda say it would be wonderful to see Solness?
4. Where does Solness tell Hilda she can live?
5. What affected Aline's milk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Ibsen use only one location? How does he use the characters to express a life beyond this location? How is the location used to express elements such as theme and character? How do the students think the story's setting would change if it was a novel?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1890s? How does Ibsen express these concerns?
2. How would Ibsen have to change the play if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following options and discuss what it symbolizes in the play:
1) The crack in the chimney.
2) Castles in the sky.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)