|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Aline's old house belong to?
2. What sort of conscience does Hilda say Solness should have?
3. What does Solness say he needs in his life?
4. What does Hilda tell Solness he goes on like?
5. What does Solness give Kaia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Play's settings. Explain how the play's settings contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the Play. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)