|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilda say she was when she was a young girl?
2. What means orange in the original Appelsinia?
3. Where does Hilda say the other ladies went?
4. How does Hilda say she slept?
5. Where does Mrs. Solness say she must go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What complaints does Hilda have about Aline?
2. What do Kaia and Ragnar urge Brovik to do?
3. Why does Solness say he built the tower in Hilda's hometown?
4. What does Solness persuade Kaia to do?
5. How does Solness reassure Kaia?
6. What do Solness and Hilda say about vikings?
7. What does Solness think of Hilda's story?
8. How does Aline react when Hilda tries to embrace her?
9. Why does Solness not want to write something on Ragnar's drawings?
10. How did Aline get over the death of her sons?
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Why do Solness and Aline stay with each other if they are so unhappy? Is their unhappiness solely to do with the death of the children? What was their life like before the death of their children?
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)