|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Solness think Ragnar wants to stay at his company?
2. What kind of hat does Hilda wear?
3. What kind of drink does Brovik ask Solness for?
4. What does Mrs. Solness say is dreadful about the nurseries?
5. What does Hilda say Solness has a lot of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does act 2, part 1 begin?
2. How does Solness react when Hilda asks him if he gets dizzy when he climbs up towers?
3. What does Solness persuade Kaia to do?
4. What does Hilda say she remembers about Solness?
5. Why does Solness say he built the tower in Hilda's hometown?
6. What do Kaia and Ragnar urge Brovik to do?
7. What does Solness promise Hilda they will do everyday?
8. How does Solness say he reacted to the boys' death?
9. Why does Aline say Solness should not go up the tower?
10. What does Solness accuse Dr. Herdal of?
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between a play and a prose piece in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Define the term modernism? What are the conventions of modernism and how is it different to post-modernism? In ways is Master Builder a modernist text?
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)