Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilda think Solness is bad at?
2. What did Solness hang on the weather vane?
3. To where does the open door lead?
4. Who does Solness say Aline has become shy with?
5. What does Hilda say she was when she was a young girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Solness think his luck will turn?
2. How does Solness reassure Kaia?
3. What does Hilda say is the only way she can trust Solness?
4. What does Solness say about the crack in the chimney?
5. How does Solness make Kaia nervous?
6. What does Solness claim his fantasies show?
7. How does Aline react when Hilda tries to embrace her?
8. What does Solness think of Hilda's story?
9. Why does Hilda say she did not contact Solness earlier?
10. Why does Solness not want to give Ragnar more work?
What are the differences between a play and a prose piece in terms of the following:
Look at the structure of the play.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the play's structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
How can such guilt destroy one's life? How can someone recover from such feelings of guilt?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)