|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the dinner held?
2. What happened to Mrs. Solness' parents house?
3. Where does Mrs. Solness say she must go?
4. Who does Ragnar want to marry?
5. What does Hilda say she stretched herself out like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hilda say Solness is stupid?
2. What does Dr. Herdal say he has noticed about Aline?
3. Why does Hilda say she has to go away?
4. What does Hilda say is the only way she can trust Solness?
5. Why does Solness not want to see Ragnar?
6. What does Solness tell Aline troubles him?
7. What does Solness accuse Dr. Herdal of?
8. How does act 2, part 1 begin?
9. What story does Solness tell Dr. Herdal?
10. What does Aline say she blames herself for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
Essay Topic 2
What symbolism does Ibsen use in the play? Is symbolism more important in theatre than other arts? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following options and discuss what it symbolizes in the play:
1) The crack in the chimney.
2) Castles in the sky.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)