Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hilda think dislikes her?
2. What chair does Solness lean against?
3. Why does Hilda say she dislikes the word duty?
4. Where did Dr. Herdal meet Hilda?
5. What do the young couple want built?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Solness promise Hilda they will do everyday?
2. Why does Aline say Hilda does not know Solness?
3. Why does Solness not want to give Ragnar more work?
4. How does Solness react when Dr. Herdal asks about his relationship with Kaia?
5. Why does Hilda think Solness is mad?
6. What does Hilda think Solness suffers from?
7. How does Solness say he reacted to the boys' death?
8. Why does Solness say he cannot stay with Aline?
9. What does Aline say she blames herself for?
10. What does Solness think of Hilda's story?
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about late 19th century society:
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1890s? How does Ibsen express these concerns?
2. How would Ibsen have to change the play if it was set in today's society?
Identify the main themes of the Play. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)