|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilda say she dreamed she was falling down?
2. What happened to Mrs. Solness' parents house?
3. What does Hilda say she stretched herself out like?
4. What did Solness call Hilda when he saw her in her white dress?
5. What does Dr. Herdal say he likes listening to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Solness not want to write something on Ragnar's drawings?
2. Why does Solness not want to see Ragnar?
3. Why does Hilda say she stays away from her father?
4. Why was it harder for Aline to get over the destruction of her house?
5. What does Aline say she blames herself for?
6. Why does Solness not want to give Ragnar more work?
7. What do Kaia and Ragnar urge Brovik to do?
8. What does Solness claim his fantasies show?
9. How does Aline respond to Solness' pointed comment?
10. What does Solness think of Hilda's story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Away from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
Essay Topic 3
Why does Ibsen use only one location? How does he use the characters to express a life beyond this location? How is the location used to express elements such as theme and character? How do the students think the story's setting would change if it was a novel?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)