|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the dinner held?
2. Who does Solness say has been keeping an eye on him?
3. Why does Solness not want Kaia to runaway?
4. Where does Mrs. Solness say she must go?
5. What did Solness call Hilda when he saw her in her white dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Herdal say he has noticed about Aline?
2. How does Aline react when Hilda tries to embrace her?
3. Why does Hilda say she has to go away?
4. What does Solness say about Aline's talent?
5. What does Solness promise Hilda they will do everyday?
6. What does Hilda think Solness suffers from?
7. Why does Solness not want to see Ragnar?
8. What does Solness persuade Kaia to do?
9. How does everyone react to seeing Solness climb the tower?
10. What does Aline say she blames herself for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
What made Solness a good architect? What did Solness have to learn to become a successful architect?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1890s? How does Ibsen express these concerns?
2. How would Ibsen have to change the play if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)