|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Solness suggest that Hilda makes the rounds?
2. What did the family think of Ragnar's drawings?
3. What does Hilda say amuses her?
4. Whose house does the action pass in and out of?
5. Why does Dr. Herbal think that Solness should not be afraid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What complaints does Hilda have about Aline?
2. How does Solness think his luck will turn?
3. What does Solness claim his fantasies show?
4. Why does Solness say he built the tower in Hilda's hometown?
5. What does Aline say she blames herself for?
6. Why does Hilda say she has to go away?
7. Why does Hilda say she stays away from her father?
8. How did Solness' children die?
9. What does Dr. Herdal say he has noticed about Aline?
10. Why does Solness get angry with Ragnar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the Play. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between a play and a prose piece in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
How can such guilt destroy one's life? How can someone recover from such feelings of guilt?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)