|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Mrs. Solness' parents house?
2. What kind of drink is on the table?
3. Why does Kaia say she all always takes off her shade when Solness comes in to the office?
4. What did Solness call Hilda when he saw her in her white dress?
5. Where does Solness suggest that Hilda makes the rounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aline say Hilda does not know Solness?
2. Why does Hilda think Solness is mad?
3. How does Solness reassure Kaia?
4. How does Solness react when Dr. Herdal asks about his relationship with Kaia?
5. How does act 2, part 1 begin?
6. What do Kaia and Ragnar urge Brovik to do?
7. Why does Hilda say she has to go away?
8. How does Hilda react to Solness calling her a bird of prey?
9. How does Solness think he has created his meeting with Hilda?
10. Why does Solness not want to see Ragnar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about late 19th century society: 1) Architecture. 2) Religion. 3) Youth.
Essay Topic 2What are the differences between a play and a prose piece in terms of the following: 1. Language 2. Character 3. Structure
Essay Topic 3Away from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)