|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Solness hang on the weather vane?
2. What does Hilda say she was when she was a young girl?
3. What does Dr. Herdal say young people have a bad habit of doing?
4. Where does Solness suggest that Hilda makes the rounds?
5. Whose portfolio is Solness reading?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Solness tell Dr. Herdal?
2. Why does Solness get angry with Ragnar?
3. Why does Hilda think Solness is mad?
4. What does Solness say he will do if he climbs the tower?
5. How does Solness know Hilda?
6. Why does Solness say he cannot stay with Aline?
7. What does Hilda say is the only way she can trust Solness?
8. What do Kaia and Ragnar urge Brovik to do?
9. Why does Aline say Hilda does not know Solness?
10. Why does Solness not want to give Ragnar more work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What made Solness a good architect? What did Solness have to learn to become a successful architect?
Essay Topic 2
Why do Solness and Aline stay with each other if they are so unhappy? Is their unhappiness solely to do with the death of the children? What was their life like before the death of their children?
Essay Topic 3
How can such guilt destroy one's life? How can someone recover from such feelings of guilt?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)