|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilda tell Solness he did many times to her?
2. Who does Solness call into the room?
3. Why does Solness not want Kaia to runaway?
4. What is Kaia's surname?
5. Who says he is feeling ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Herdal think Solness is lucky?
2. What does Solness promise Hilda they will do everyday?
3. How does Solness react when Hilda asks him if he gets dizzy when he climbs up towers?
4. How does Solness make Kaia nervous?
5. What is Hilda wearing?
6. How does Aline react when Hilda tries to embrace her?
7. What does Solness say he will do if he climbs the tower?
8. What complaints does Hilda have about Aline?
9. How does everyone react when Solness falls from the top of the tower?
10. Why does Solness not want to give Ragnar more work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Play's dialogue. Explain how Ibsen's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
Essay Topic 3
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Was the generational gap expressed in the Master Builder particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)