|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Herdal say he likes listening to?
2. What does Solness say someone will come and say to him?
3. Where does Solness suggest that Hilda makes the rounds?
4. What does Hilda say she dreamed she was falling down?
5. What does Dr. Herdal say happened to the grim old robber's castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hilda say she has to go away?
2. How does Solness reassure Kaia?
3. Why does Solness not want to write something on Ragnar's drawings?
4. What does Solness tell Kaia?
5. What does Hilda say she remembers about Solness?
6. What does Solness promise Hilda they will do everyday?
7. What small talk do Hilda and Solness engage in?
8. Why does Aline say Hilda does not know Solness?
9. How does Hilda offer to help Solness?
10. Why does Hilda say Solness is stupid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
Essay Topic 2
Ibsen greatly influenced modern literature. Choose a book or play that you think was influenced by the The Master Builder and discuss its similarities with the novel in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following options and discuss what it symbolizes in the play:
1) The crack in the chimney.
2) Castles in the sky.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)