|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brovik not want the children to know?
2. What did Solness climb up at the celebration?
3. What does Dr. Herdal say happened to the grim old robber's castle?
4. What does Solness think will make his luck turn?
5. Who knocks on the door?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Solness get angry with Ragnar?
2. How does Aline respond to Solness' pointed comment?
3. Why does Aline say Solness should not go up the tower?
4. How does everyone react when Solness falls from the top of the tower?
5. Why does Solness say he built the tower in Hilda's hometown?
6. What does Solness promise Hilda they will do everyday?
7. Why does Solness say he cannot stay with Aline?
8. How does act 2, part 1 begin?
9. What does Solness tell Aline troubles him?
10. Why does Solness not want to give Ragnar more work?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
Essay Topic 2
How can such guilt destroy one's life? How can someone recover from such feelings of guilt?
Essay Topic 3
What are the differences between a play and a prose piece in terms of the following:
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)