|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Solness tell his wife she has on her hands?
2. What does Solness think will make his luck turn?
3. What kind of hat does Hilda wear?
4. Who says he is feeling ill?
5. What does Brovik want to see Ragnar do before he dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hilda claim is the real reason she has come to see Solness?
2. Why does Solness not want to see Ragnar?
3. What does Solness say is the point of the story?
4. What does Solness tell Ragnar about his new commission?
5. What does Solness tell Aline troubles him?
6. What does Solness say about the crack in the chimney?
7. How does Aline react when Hilda tries to embrace her?
8. How does Solness react when Hilda asks him if he gets dizzy when he climbs up towers?
9. Why does Aline say Solness should not go up the tower?
10. What does Solness say about Aline's talent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Away from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the Play's settings. Explain how the play's settings contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Define the term modernism? What are the conventions of modernism and how is it different to post-modernism? In ways is Master Builder a modernist text?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)