|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Solness say he now builds?
2. Why does Hilda say she dislikes the word duty?
3. What does Hilda's father do for a living?
4. Who says he is feeling ill?
5. What does Hilda say she stretched herself out like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hilda react to Solness calling her a bird of prey?
2. How does Hilda offer to help Solness?
3. Why does Hilda say she did not contact Solness earlier?
4. How does Solness think his luck will turn?
5. Why does Solness say he does not tell his wife about his situation?
6. What do Solness and Hilda say about vikings?
7. Why does Hilda say Solness is stupid?
8. What does Solness say about God in the final act?
9. How did Solness' children die?
10. What does Hilda say she remembers about Solness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Ibsen's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? How important is it for a writer to draw from their own experiences?
Essay Topic 2
How can such guilt destroy one's life? How can someone recover from such feelings of guilt?
Essay Topic 3
What are the differences between a play and a prose piece in terms of the following:
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)