|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the dinner held?
2. What does Brovik want to see Ragnar do before he dies?
3. Where do the couple want their villa built?
4. What does Dr. Herdal say young people have a bad habit of doing?
5. What did Solness say he would call the kingdom
Short Essay Questions
1. How does act 2, part 1 begin?
2. What does Solness tell Aline troubles him?
3. Why has Ragnar not come to work?
4. What does Solness say he will do if he climbs the tower?
5. Why does Solness not want to give Ragnar more work?
6. Why does Solness not want to write something on Ragnar's drawings?
7. How does Solness know Hilda?
8. What does Solness tell Kaia?
9. Why does Hilda say Solness is stupid?
10. What does Solness accuse Dr. Herdal of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Ibsen's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? How important is it for a writer to draw from their own experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1890s? How does Ibsen express these concerns?
2. How would Ibsen have to change the play if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)