Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hilda think dislikes her?
2. What chair does Solness lean against?
3. Why does Hilda say she dislikes the word duty?
4. Where did Dr. Herdal meet Hilda?
5. What do the young couple want built?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Solness promise Hilda they will do everyday?
2. Why does Aline say Hilda does not know Solness?
3. Why does Solness not want to give Ragnar more work?
4. How does Solness react when Dr. Herdal asks about his relationship with Kaia?
5. Why does Hilda think Solness is mad?
6. What does Hilda think Solness suffers from?
7. How does Solness say he reacted to the boys' death?
8. Why does Solness say he cannot stay with Aline?
9. What does Aline say she blames herself for?
10. What does Solness think of Hilda's story?
Essay Topic 1
Away from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the Play. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)