|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Hilda say she cannot stand?
2. What does Solness think Ragnar wants to stay at his company?
3. What does Solness tell his wife she has on her hands?
4. What does Hilda tell Solness he did many times to her?
5. What did Solness call Hilda when he saw her in her white dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What complaints does Hilda have about Aline?
2. What do Solness and Hilda say about vikings?
3. What does Solness promise Hilda they will do everyday?
4. How does Solness say he reacted to the boys' death?
5. How does Solness think his luck will turn?
6. What does Hilda say is the only way she can trust Solness?
7. How does everyone react when Solness falls from the top of the tower?
8. Why does Hilda say she stays away from her father?
9. What does Hilda think Solness suffers from?
10. What small talk do Hilda and Solness engage in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Ibsen's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? How important is it for a writer to draw from their own experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the Play's dialogue. Explain how Ibsen's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Examine the Play's settings. Explain how the play's settings contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)