|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kaia's surname?
2. How does Ragnar know the couple?
3. What does Solness think will make his luck turn?
4. Where does Hilda say the other ladies went?
5. What does Hilda say she dreamed she was falling down?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hilda say Solness is stupid?
2. What does Solness promise Hilda they will do everyday?
3. How does Solness react when Hilda asks him if he gets dizzy when he climbs up towers?
4. What does Solness claim his fantasies show?
5. Why does Solness not want to write something on Ragnar's drawings?
6. Why was it harder for Aline to get over the destruction of her house?
7. Why does Solness get angry with Ragnar?
8. Why does Aline say Solness should not go up the tower?
9. How did Aline get over the death of her sons?
10. How does Solness react when Dr. Herdal asks about his relationship with Kaia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following options and discuss what it symbolizes in the play:
1) The crack in the chimney.
2) Castles in the sky.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Ibsen's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? How important is it for a writer to draw from their own experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)