|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Soness say writes in the ledger?
2. What does Dr. Herdal say happened to the grim old robber's castle?
3. What does Solness say he cannot change?
4. What does Hilda put on the table?
5. What does Dr. Herdal say he likes listening to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hilda say she has to go away?
2. How does Aline respond to Solness' pointed comment?
3. How does Solness think his luck will turn?
4. What does Hilda claim is the real reason she has come to see Solness?
5. How did Solness' children die?
6. Why does Solness say he cannot stay with Aline?
7. Why does Aline say Hilda does not know Solness?
8. Why does Aline say she is glad to move to a new house?
9. How does act 2, part 1 begin?
10. Why was it harder for Aline to get over the destruction of her house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Ibsen's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? How important is it for a writer to draw from their own experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the Play's settings. Explain how the play's settings contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)