|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Solness think will make his luck turn?
2. Who knocks on the door?
3. What does Mrs. Solness say is dreadful about the nurseries?
4. What does Hilda say she dreamed she was falling down?
5. What do the young couple want built?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Solness not want to write something on Ragnar's drawings?
2. What does Solness tell Ragnar about his new commission?
3. What does Solness promise Hilda they will do everyday?
4. Why does Solness not want to give Ragnar more work?
5. Why has Ragnar not come to work?
6. Why does Aline say she is glad to move to a new house?
7. Why does Hilda say she did not contact Solness earlier?
8. What does Solness say about Aline's talent?
9. How does everyone react to seeing Solness climb the tower?
10. How did Solness' children die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Away from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the Play's dialogue. Explain how Ibsen's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)