|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the town give in honor of Solness?
2. Who says he is feeling ill?
3. What does Solness offer Brovik to sit on?
4. Where does Mrs. Solness say she must go?
5. Where did the town play music to celebrate the building of Solness' tower?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aline say Solness should not go up the tower?
2. What does Solness say about God in the final act?
3. What does Solness claim his fantasies show?
4. Why does Hilda say Solness is stupid?
5. How does Solness think his luck will turn?
6. Why does Hilda think Solness is mad?
7. What does Solness tell Kaia?
8. Why was it harder for Aline to get over the destruction of her house?
9. What do Solness and Hilda say about vikings?
10. How does Solness say he reacted to the boys' death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Play's settings. Explain how the play's settings contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
How can such guilt destroy one's life? How can someone recover from such feelings of guilt?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the Play. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 1,300 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)