|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What means orange in the original Appelsinia?
2. Where do the couple want their villa built?
3. What does Kaia suggest Brovik does to feel better?
4. What did Solness climb up at the celebration?
5. What does Hilda say she was when she was a young girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aline say Solness should not go up the tower?
2. How does Aline respond to Solness' pointed comment?
3. How does everyone react when Solness falls from the top of the tower?
4. What is Hilda wearing?
5. What does Solness say about God in the final act?
6. What does Solness say is the point of the story?
7. How does Solness think he has created his meeting with Hilda?
8. Why was it harder for Aline to get over the destruction of her house?
9. Why does Solness not want to see Ragnar?
10. Why does Solness not want to give Ragnar more work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Play's settings. Explain how the play's settings contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following options and discuss what it symbolizes in the play:
1) The crack in the chimney.
2) Castles in the sky.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the Play's dialogue. Explain how Ibsen's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)