|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Herdal say the other ladies did not like?
2. Who does Soness say writes in the ledger?
3. How does Ragnar know the couple?
4. What kind of drink is on the table?
5. What chair does Solness lean against?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Solness say about the crack in the chimney?
2. What does Solness say about Aline's talent?
3. Why does Hilda say she stays away from her father?
4. How does Hilda react to Solness calling her a bird of prey?
5. What small talk do Hilda and Solness engage in?
6. Why does Solness not want to write something on Ragnar's drawings?
7. How does Solness react when Dr. Herdal asks about his relationship with Kaia?
8. What does Solness promise Hilda they will do everyday?
9. What does Aline say she blames herself for?
10. What story does Solness tell Dr. Herdal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the play.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the play's structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Define the term modernism? What are the conventions of modernism and how is it different to post-modernism? In ways is Master Builder a modernist text?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the Play's settings. Explain how the play's settings contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)