|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Solness say he would call the kingdom
2. What does Solness think Ragnar wants to stay at his company?
3. What does Brovik want to see Ragnar do before he dies?
4. Why does Hilda not want to go to the shops?
5. What kind of hat does Solness wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aline say Solness should not go up the tower?
2. What does Hilda say she remembers about Solness?
3. Why does Solness get angry with Ragnar?
4. How does Solness reassure Kaia?
5. Why does Solness not want to give Ragnar more work?
6. What does Solness tell Ragnar about his new commission?
7. What does Hilda claim is the real reason she has come to see Solness?
8. Why was it harder for Aline to get over the destruction of her house?
9. Why does Solness say he does not tell his wife about his situation?
10. Why does Hilda say Solness is stupid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Ibsen's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? How important is it for a writer to draw from their own experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the play.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the play's structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the Play's settings. Explain how the play's settings contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)