|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Solness say he is willing to give a commission away?
(a) He will only build brilliance
(b) He will not tolerate impatience
(c) It is better than building at random
(d) The couple are criminals
2. Where does Solness suggest that Hilda makes the rounds?
(a) The shops
(b) Her friends
(c) The tourist attractions
(d) The pubs
3. What does Kaia suggest Brovik does to feel better?
(a) Go to the cinema
(b) Read a book
(c) Go to sleep
(d) Go for a walk
4. What does Solness think Ragnar wants to stay at his company?
(a) More say
(b) More money
(c) A secretary
(d) A bigger office
5. What does Hilda tell Solness he did many times to her?
(a) Kissed her
(b) Poked her
(c) Slapped her
(d) Laughed at her
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kaia say she all always takes off her shade when Solness comes in to the office?
2. Who does Solness call into the room?
3. Where does Mrs. Solness say she must go?
4. Who does Solness say has been keeping an eye on him?
5. What does Hilda ask Solness if his book-keeper is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Solness accuse Dr. Herdal of?
2. Why does Solness say he cannot stay with Aline?
3. How does act 2, part 1 begin?
4. How does Solness reassure Kaia?
5. Why does Solness not want to give Ragnar more work?
6. How does Hilda offer to help Solness?
7. How did Solness' children die?
8. Why does Solness not want to see Ragnar?
9. What does Hilda say she remembers about Solness?
10. Why does Hilda say she stays away from her father?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)