|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does the open door lead?
(a) The reception
(b) The draughtsmen's office
(c) The garden
(d) The games room
2. How does Hilda say she slept?
(a) Like a child in a cradle
(b) Like a brick in the wall
(c) Like a pebble in a river
(d) Like a dead baby
3. What means orange in the original Appelsinia?
(a) Orang a tang
4. What kind of drink does Brovik ask Solness for?
5. What is Kaia's surname?
Short Answer Questions
1. What chair does Solness lean against?
2. Who does Solness say Aline has become shy with?
3. What did Solness climb up at the celebration?
4. What does Dr. Herdal say he likes listening to?
5. Who does Solness say he owes a debt to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Solness react when Hilda asks him if he gets dizzy when he climbs up towers?
2. What does Solness claim his fantasies show?
3. How does Aline react when Hilda tries to embrace her?
4. How does Solness say he reacted to the boys' death?
5. Why does Solness say he cannot stay with Aline?
6. What does Solness say is the point of the story?
7. How does everyone react when Solness falls from the top of the tower?
8. How did Aline get over the death of her sons?
9. Why does Hilda think Solness is mad?
10. Why does Aline say Solness should not go up the tower?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)