|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Solness promise Hilda he would buy her in Spain?
(a) A mansion
(b) A gold ring
(c) A kingdom
(d) A diamond necklace
2. What does Brovik want to see Ragnar do before he dies?
(a) Get his own business
(b) Stand on his own two feet
(d) Have a son
3. What does Dr. Herdal say happened to the grim old robber's castle?
(a) It was bombed
(b) It was burned down
(c) It was robbed
(d) It was taken over by the government
4. How does Ragnar know the couple?
(a) He is a friend of the family
(b) He has worked closely with the family
(c) He attended university with the man
(d) He is married to the woman's sister
5. Who does Solness say he owes a debt to?
(b) His wife
(c) His brother
(d) His parents
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilda say Solness' singing sounded like?
2. Who does Soness say writes in the ledger?
3. What does Hilda tell Solness he did many times to her?
4. Where does Hilda say the other ladies went?
5. What does Solness hold under his arms?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does act 2, part 1 begin?
2. What does Solness say is the point of the story?
3. How does Solness react when Hilda asks him if he gets dizzy when he climbs up towers?
4. What does Solness tell Aline troubles him?
5. What does Hilda claim is the real reason she has come to see Solness?
6. What does Solness accuse Dr. Herdal of?
7. What does Dr. Herdal say he has noticed about Aline?
8. How does Solness know Hilda?
9. What does Solness say he will do if he climbs the tower?
10. Why does Solness get angry with Ragnar?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)