|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hilda think dislikes her?
(d) Mrs. Solness
2. What chair does Solness lean against?
(a) The armchair
(b) The dining room chair
(c) The sofa
(d) The rocking chair
3. Why does Hilda say she dislikes the word duty?
(a) It is too informal
(b) It is used by enemies
(c) It is sharp and stinging
(d) It is uncaring
4. Where did Dr. Herdal meet Hilda?
(a) A tourist station
(b) A police station
(c) A mountain station
(d) A fire station
5. What do the young couple want built?
(a) A mansion
(b) A villa
(c) A cafe
(d) A hotel
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Solness doing in the room?
2. What does Solness say he now builds?
3. What is Kaia's surname?
4. What does Brovik want to see Ragnar do before he dies?
5. What is the name of Solness' wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Solness promise Hilda they will do everyday?
2. Why does Aline say Hilda does not know Solness?
3. Why does Solness not want to give Ragnar more work?
4. How does Solness react when Dr. Herdal asks about his relationship with Kaia?
5. Why does Hilda think Solness is mad?
6. What does Hilda think Solness suffers from?
7. How does Solness say he reacted to the boys' death?
8. Why does Solness say he cannot stay with Aline?
9. What does Aline say she blames herself for?
10. What does Solness think of Hilda's story?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)