|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house does the action pass in and out of?
2. What does Solness tell his wife she has on her hands?
(b) A sick man
(c) The world
3. Who does Brovik say he wants to have it out with?
(a) His landlady
(b) The chief
(c) The President
(d) His landlord
4. Where did the town play music to celebrate the building of Solness' tower?
(a) The park
(b) The Town Hall
(c) The tourist center
(d) The churchyard
5. To where does the open door lead?
(a) The garden
(b) The games room
(c) The reception
(d) The draughtsmen's office
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ragnar know the couple?
2. What does Solness say the others will say?
3. Who does Hilda think dislikes her?
4. What do the young couple want built?
5. Who does Ragnar want to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Herdal think Solness is lucky?
2. How does Solness think he has created his meeting with Hilda?
3. Why was it harder for Aline to get over the destruction of her house?
4. What does Hilda say she remembers about Solness?
5. How does Solness react when Dr. Herdal asks about his relationship with Kaia?
6. How does act 2, part 1 begin?
7. What does Solness say about God in the final act?
8. Why does Solness not want to give Ragnar more work?
9. What does Aline say she blames herself for?
10. How does Aline react when Hilda tries to embrace her?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)