|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chair does Solness lean against?
(a) The dining room chair
(b) The rocking chair
(c) The armchair
(d) The sofa
2. How does Hilda say she slept?
(a) Like a brick in the wall
(b) Like a pebble in a river
(c) Like a dead baby
(d) Like a child in a cradle
3. What does Brovik not want the children to know?
(a) How angry he is
(b) What he thinks of Solness
(c) How old he is
(d) How he ill he feels
4. What does Solness think will make his luck turn?
(a) The city boys
(b) The government
(d) The younger generation
5. Whose house does the action pass in and out of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilda think Solness is bad at?
2. What did the family think of Ragnar's drawings?
3. What does Hilda ask Solness if his book-keeper is?
4. How does Ragnar know the couple?
5. Where does Mrs. Solness say she must go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Solness say about Aline's talent?
2. How does Solness react when Hilda asks him if he gets dizzy when he climbs up towers?
3. What does Solness tell Ragnar about his new commission?
4. What does Solness tell Aline troubles him?
5. Why does Hilda say she stays away from her father?
6. Why was it harder for Aline to get over the destruction of her house?
7. Why does Aline say Solness should not go up the tower?
8. How does Solness reassure Kaia?
9. How did Aline get over the death of her sons?
10. What story does Solness tell Dr. Herdal?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)