|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Solness when he is up high?
(a) He panics
(b) He vomits
(c) He faints
(d) He gets dizzy
2. Where does this scene take place?
(a) The veranda
(b) The master bedroom
(c) The drawing room
(d) The tower
3. What does Mr. Solness say the fire was caused by?
(a) One of the twins
(b) A gas leak
(c) A crack in the chimney
(d) A crack in the ceiling
4. Who spirit does Solness talk to Hilda about?
(a) The human spirit
(b) The animal spirit
(c) The viking spirit
(d) The troll spirit
5. What made it easier for Aline to come to terms with her sons death?
(a) Her belief in Buddha
(b) Her love of life
(c) Her belief in God
(d) Her love for Solness
6. What does Solness say he kept for only three weeks?
(a) His cat
(b) His dog
(c) His children
(d) His first business
7. What does Solness say he needs in his life?
8. What does Hilda say is was not a simple to do?
(a) Visit Solness
(b) Leave her town
(c) Leave her father
(d) Not get married
9. What does Solness tell Aline he does not want?
(c) A new designer
(d) A new book keeper
10. What affected Aline's milk?
(a) Her fever
(c) Her unhappiness
11. What has Hilda been exploring?
(a) The green house
(b) The garden
(c) The new house
12. Who does Solness say he is thinking of?
(b) The twins
13. Where does Hilda say it would be wonderful to see Solness?
(a) On top of the tower
(b) On his roof
(c) In a motor vehicle
(d) In his new house
14. What does Solness say he can't live his life chained to?
(a) A dead woman
(b) His work
(c) His misery
(d) A dead man
15. What does Solness say Aline had a talent for building?
(a) Family happiness
(b) The souls of little children
(c) An expensive wardrobe of clothes
(d) A circle of friends
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hilda use to collect?
2. What does Solness show Hilda?
3. What does Solness ask Hilda if she has read?
4. Which of the following words does Hilda not use to describe what Solness said to Ragnar?
5. What does Solness say he wants to tell Hilda?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)