|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hilda call their dream home?
(a) Castle in the air
(b) The fairy palace
(c) Hill top castle
(d) The lover's castle
2. What has Hilda been exploring?
(a) The green house
(b) The garden
(d) The new house
3. What does Ragnar bring in for Solness?
(a) A wreath
(b) A drawing
(c) A gold coin
(d) A painting
4. What does Hilda say is was not a simple to do?
(a) Visit Solness
(b) Not get married
(c) Leave her town
(d) Leave her father
5. Which of the following words does Solness use to describe the inside of the house?
6. What made it easier for Aline to come to terms with her sons death?
(a) Her love of life
(b) Her belief in Buddha
(c) Her belief in God
(d) Her love for Solness
7. What does Hilda say builders can leave behind in their castles?
(a) Their cares and worries
(b) Their past
(c) Their work
(d) Their wives
8. Who does Solness tell Ragnar to go home to?
(a) His father
(b) His mother
(c) His children
9. What did Solness stop building after he lost the twins?
(b) Tower blocks
10. What does Ragnar want Solness to write for his father?
(a) A few serious words
(b) A good reference
(c) A few kind words
(d) His will
11. What does Hilda say the house seems to have?
(a) A high tower
(b) An overgrown garden
(c) A mishapen roof
(d) A broken chimney
12. What did Hilda use to collect?
(c) China plates
13. What does Solness say Hilda does not understand?
(a) His words
(b) His hate
(c) His position
(d) His business
14. What did Aline have a talent for?
15. Where does Hilda say it would be wonderful to see Solness?
(a) On his roof
(b) On top of the tower
(c) In a motor vehicle
(d) In his new house
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilda tell Solness he goes on like?
2. What does Solness say him and his wife will never have?
3. What does Solness say he wants to tell Hilda?
4. What does Solness tell Aline they will hang from the tower of their new house?
5. What does Hilda say she would be useless at?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)