|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Solness say he needs in his life?
2. What does Solness show Hilda?
(a) A house
(b) A photograph
(c) A book
(d) A drawing
3. Who does Solness tell Ragnar to go home to?
(a) His father
(c) His children
(d) His mother
4. What does Hilda say that there must be a little of inside Solness?
(a) The troll
(b) The seahorse
(c) The priest
(d) The devil
5. Who does Aline decide to call in this act?
(c) Dr. Herdal
(d) Her mother
6. Who does Hilda think is stupid?
(b) Her father
7. What does Solness use to write on Ragnar's drawings?
(a) A biro
(b) A fountain pen
(c) A pencil
(d) A crayon
8. What does Solness say Hilda does not understand?
(a) His business
(b) His words
(c) His position
(d) His hate
9. What does Aline say Solness is underneath his bluster?
10. Where does Aline say the boys are now?
(a) In hell
(b) In heaven
(c) Close to her
(d) In the ground
11. Which of the following words does Hilda not use to describe what Solness said to Ragnar?
12. What do Solness and Hilda want to build their castle on?
(a) A cliff
(b) A mountain
(c) A hill
(d) A meadow
13. What does Ragnar bring in for Solness?
(a) A painting
(b) A gold coin
(c) A wreath
(d) A drawing
14. What color is Aline's shawl?
15. What does Solness say Aline had a talent for building?
(a) An expensive wardrobe of clothes
(b) Family happiness
(c) A circle of friends
(d) The souls of little children
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Solness tell Hilda she can live?
2. What does Ragnar take away with him?
3. What did Aline have a talent for?
4. What does Hilda say builders can leave behind in their castles?
5. What does Hilda say is was not a simple to do?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)