|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words does Solness use to describe the inside of the house?
2. What does Solness say Hilda means when she says he is ill?
(d) Dead inside
3. What does Hilda say was harder to lose than the children?
(a) The house
(b) Her father
(c) Her brother
(d) Her dog
4. Why does Hilda say she has come to Solness?
(a) To find her self
(b) To make his life hell
(c) To marry him
(d) To get her kingdom
5. What does Hilda call their dream home?
(a) Castle in the air
(b) The fairy palace
(c) The lover's castle
(d) Hill top castle
6. What has Hilda been exploring?
(a) The new house
(b) The green house
(c) The garden
7. What does Solness say made him as a builder?
(a) The fire
(b) His love of life
(d) His father's death
8. What does Solness say Aline had a talent for building?
(a) An expensive wardrobe of clothes
(b) The souls of little children
(c) Family happiness
(d) A circle of friends
9. What does say Aline's hoouse looked like from the outside?
(a) A train station
(b) A green house
(c) A wooden box
(d) A cardboard box
10. What did Hilda use to collect?
(a) China plates
11. What does Hilda say the house seems to have?
(a) A mishapen roof
(b) A broken chimney
(c) A high tower
(d) An overgrown garden
12. What does Hilda say one cannot choose?
(a) Their parents
(b) Their conscience
(c) Whom they love
(d) Where they work
13. What did Solness stop building after he lost the twins?
(a) Tower blocks
14. Who did Aline's old house belong to?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her father
(c) Her uncle
(d) Her grandfather
15. Where does Solness say Hilda can see if she sits on the sofa?
(a) The road
(b) His paintings
(c) His books
(d) The garden
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilda tell Solness he goes on like?
2. What made it easier for Aline to come to terms with her sons death?
3. What does Solness say Hilda does not understand?
4. Who is Solness afraid will stop obeying him?
5. Where did the fire break out?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)