|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Solness say him and his wife will never have?
2. What does Solness give Kaia?
(a) Some money
(b) Ragnar's drawings
(c) A rose
(d) Some letters
3. What do Solness and Hilda want to build their castle on?
(a) A meadow
(b) A hill
(c) A mountain
(d) A cliff
4. What does Solness say Aline had a talent for building?
(a) A circle of friends
(b) The souls of little children
(c) Family happiness
(d) An expensive wardrobe of clothes
5. Where does Solness tell Hilda she can live?
(a) The nursery
(b) The top room of the tower
(c) The master bedroom
(d) The servant's quarters
6. What does Solness show Hilda?
(a) A photograph
(b) A book
(c) A house
(d) A drawing
7. Who does Hilda say Solness was being fierce with?
8. What does Solness say held him back from fixing the flue?
(a) A hand
(b) The twins
9. What does Ragnar bring in for Solness?
(a) A gold coin
(b) A painting
(c) A wreath
(d) A drawing
10. What does Aline say Solness is underneath his bluster?
11. Where did the fire break out?
(a) In the nursery
(b) In a clothes cupboard
(c) In the attic
(d) In the chimney
12. What did Aline have a talent for?
13. What does Solness use to write on Ragnar's drawings?
(a) A fountain pen
(b) A pencil
(c) A crayon
(d) A biro
14. What does Hilda think would be thrilling?
(a) To build a church
(b) To be in a fire
(c) To be carried off
(d) To be shot at
15. What does Solness say he kept for only three weeks?
(a) His first business
(b) His children
(c) His dog
(d) His cat
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Solness afraid will stop obeying him?
2. What does Solness say he has given up?
3. Why does Hilda say she has come to Solness?
4. What does Ragnar want Solness to write for his father?
5. Where does Solness say Hilda can see if she sits on the sofa?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)