|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hilda not contact Solness before?
(a) Her father refused to let her out of the house
(b) She was in love with someone else
(c) She had forgotten him
(d) She was afraid she would ruin everything
2. Who did Aline's old house belong to?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her uncle
(c) Her grandfather
(d) Her father
3. What does Hilda say Solness was sent into the world with?
(a) A sense of life
(b) A selfish streak
(c) A crippling guilt
(d) A sickly conscience
4. What does Solness say made him as a builder?
(a) The fire
(b) His love of life
(c) His father's death
5. What does Ragnar bring in for Solness?
(a) A painting
(b) A wreath
(c) A drawing
(d) A gold coin
6. Who does Solness tell Ragnar to go home to?
(a) His father
(b) His children
(d) His mother
7. What sort of conscience does Hilda say Solness should have?
(a) An open one
(b) A hard one
(c) A robust one
(d) A fun one
8. Who does Aline decide to call in this act?
(b) Her mother
(d) Dr. Herdal
9. What did Hilda use to collect?
(c) China plates
10. What does Hilda say builders can leave behind in their castles?
(a) Their cares and worries
(b) Their work
(c) Their past
(d) Their wives
11. What does Hilda say the house seems to have?
(a) A high tower
(b) An overgrown garden
(c) A mishapen roof
(d) A broken chimney
12. Where does Aline say the boys are now?
(a) In the ground
(b) In hell
(c) In heaven
(d) Close to her
13. Where does this scene take place?
(a) The tower
(b) The veranda
(c) The master bedroom
(d) The drawing room
14. What does Hilda tell Solness to write on Ragnar's drawings?
(a) Something positive
(b) Something heart warming
(c) Something negative
(d) Something funny
15. Why does Hilda say she has come to Solness?
(a) To marry him
(b) To find her self
(c) To make his life hell
(d) To get her kingdom
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilda think would be thrilling?
2. What does Hilda call their dream home?
3. What does Ragnar want Solness to write for his father?
4. What does Ragnar call Solness?
5. Who does Solness say he is thinking of?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)