|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following type of devil does Solness not list?
(a) Bad devil
(b) Black haired devil
(c) Fiery devil
(d) Good devil
2. What does Solness say he kept for only three weeks?
(a) His children
(b) His dog
(c) His cat
(d) His first business
3. What does Solness say he wants to tell Hilda?
(a) Something funny
(b) Somthing cruel
(c) Something deep
(d) Something ugly
4. What does Aline say Solness is underneath his bluster?
5. What do Solness and Hilda want to build their castle on?
(a) A hill
(b) A meadow
(c) A cliff
(d) A mountain
6. What does Solness give Kaia?
(a) Ragnar's drawings
(b) A rose
(c) Some letters
(d) Some money
7. What does Solness say he can't live his life chained to?
(a) A dead woman
(b) A dead man
(c) His work
(d) His misery
8. Where does Aline say the boys are now?
(a) Close to her
(b) In the ground
(c) In hell
(d) In heaven
9. Which of the following words does Solness use to describe the inside of the house?
10. How does Hilda long to see Solness?
(a) In love
11. Where does Solness tell Hilda she can live?
(a) The top room of the tower
(b) The nursery
(c) The master bedroom
(d) The servant's quarters
12. What does Solness say Aline had a talent for building?
(a) An expensive wardrobe of clothes
(b) A circle of friends
(c) Family happiness
(d) The souls of little children
13. What does Solness presume Hilda and Aline were talking about?
(a) The boys
(b) The new house
(c) The tower
14. What does Hilda say she would be useless at?
(a) Horse riding
(b) A desk
15. What does Hilda say the house seems to have?
(a) An overgrown garden
(b) A broken chimney
(c) A high tower
(d) A mishapen roof
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spirit does Solness talk to Hilda about?
2. Who does Hilda say Solness was being fierce with?
3. Where does Solness say Hilda can see if she sits on the sofa?
4. What does Hilda say is was not a simple to do?
5. What does Solness say Hilda does not understand?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)