|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made it easier for Aline to come to terms with her sons death?
(a) Her love of life
(b) Her love for Solness
(c) Her belief in God
(d) Her belief in Buddha
2. What does Hilda call their dream home?
(a) The lover's castle
(b) Hill top castle
(c) Castle in the air
(d) The fairy palace
3. Who is Solness afraid will stop obeying him?
(a) Women and children
(b) The helpers and the servers
(c) His family
(d) His friends and enemies
4. Why did Hilda not contact Solness before?
(a) She was afraid she would ruin everything
(b) She had forgotten him
(c) She was in love with someone else
(d) Her father refused to let her out of the house
5. What does Solness show Hilda?
(a) A book
(b) A drawing
(c) A photograph
(d) A house
6. What does Solness say he kept for only three weeks?
(a) His first business
(b) His dog
(c) His children
(d) His cat
7. What does Ragnar take away with him?
(a) His books
(b) His magazines
(c) His drawings
(d) His clean clothes
8. What does Hilda say is was not a simple to do?
(a) Leave her father
(b) Visit Solness
(c) Leave her town
(d) Not get married
9. Where does Aline say the boys are now?
(a) In heaven
(b) In hell
(c) Close to her
(d) In the ground
10. What does Solness use to write on Ragnar's drawings?
(a) A crayon
(b) A pencil
(c) A biro
(d) A fountain pen
11. What does Solness say that Ragnar should not be allowed to do?
(a) Come to the front
(b) Leave the country
(c) Marry Kaia
(d) Leave his work
12. What does Solness ask Hilda if she has read?
(a) The 16th century poets
(b) The old sagas
(c) The old legends
13. What does Hilda think would be thrilling?
(a) To be shot at
(b) To be carried off
(c) To be in a fire
(d) To build a church
14. What does Solness say he needs in his life?
15. How does Hilda long to see Solness?
(b) In love
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilda say was harder to lose than the children?
2. Where does Solness tell Hilda she can live?
3. What does Hilda say the house seems to have?
4. What has Hilda been exploring?
5. What does Ragnar bring in for Solness?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)