|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ragnar call Solness?
(a) A Liar
(b) A devil
(c) A whore
(d) A coward
2. Where does Solness say Hilda can see if she sits on the sofa?
(a) The road
(b) The garden
(c) His paintings
(d) His books
3. How does Hilda long to see Solness?
(b) In love
4. What does Ragnar want Solness to write for his father?
(a) A few kind words
(b) A few serious words
(c) His will
(d) A good reference
5. What color is Aline's shawl?
6. Which of the following words does Hilda not use to describe what Solness said to Ragnar?
7. What does Aline say Solness is underneath his bluster?
8. Who does Solness describe as bonny?
(c) The twins
9. What does Solness say that Ragnar should not be allowed to do?
(a) Leave his work
(b) Come to the front
(c) Marry Kaia
(d) Leave the country
10. Which of the following type of devil does Solness not list?
(a) Black haired devil
(b) Fiery devil
(c) Bad devil
(d) Good devil
11. Where did the fire break out?
(a) In a clothes cupboard
(b) In the nursery
(c) In the chimney
(d) In the attic
12. What happens to Solness when he is up high?
(a) He vomits
(b) He gets dizzy
(c) He panics
(d) He faints
13. Who does Aline decide to call in this act?
(c) Her mother
(d) Dr. Herdal
14. What has Hilda been exploring?
(a) The green house
(b) The new house
(d) The garden
15. What does Hilda say builders can leave behind in their castles?
(a) Their past
(b) Their cares and worries
(c) Their wives
(d) Their work
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hilda think is stupid?
2. What does Solness presume Hilda and Aline were talking about?
3. What does Ragnar take away with him?
4. What does Solness say he has given up?
5. Who does Hilda say Solness was being fierce with?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)