|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Solness say him and his wife will never have?
2. Where does Solness say Hilda can see if she sits on the sofa?
(a) His books
(b) The garden
(c) The road
(d) His paintings
3. What made it easier for Aline to come to terms with her sons death?
(a) Her belief in Buddha
(b) Her love of life
(c) Her love for Solness
(d) Her belief in God
4. What does Solness show Hilda?
(a) A photograph
(b) A house
(c) A drawing
(d) A book
5. Who does Aline decide to call in this act?
(b) Dr. Herdal
(c) Her mother
6. What does Ragnar bring in for Solness?
(a) A painting
(b) A gold coin
(c) A wreath
(d) A drawing
7. Why did Hilda not contact Solness before?
(a) She had forgotten him
(b) Her father refused to let her out of the house
(c) She was in love with someone else
(d) She was afraid she would ruin everything
8. Who is Solness afraid will stop obeying him?
(a) Women and children
(b) His family
(c) His friends and enemies
(d) The helpers and the servers
9. What does Solness say Aline had a talent for building?
(a) The souls of little children
(b) A circle of friends
(c) Family happiness
(d) An expensive wardrobe of clothes
10. What does Mr. Solness say the fire was caused by?
(a) One of the twins
(b) A gas leak
(c) A crack in the chimney
(d) A crack in the ceiling
11. Where does this scene take place?
(a) The drawing room
(b) The master bedroom
(c) The veranda
(d) The tower
12. Hilda does say Aline is by nature?
(a) Very chilly
(b) Very kind
(c) Very funny
(d) Very serious
13. What does Hilda say builders can leave behind in their castles?
(a) Their wives
(b) Their cares and worries
(c) Their work
(d) Their past
14. What does Hilda think would be thrilling?
(a) To be shot at
(b) To build a church
(c) To be carried off
(d) To be in a fire
15. What does Solness give Kaia?
(a) A rose
(b) Some letters
(c) Ragnar's drawings
(d) Some money
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Solness say Hilda means when she says he is ill?
2. What does Aline say Solness is underneath his bluster?
3. What did Hilda use to collect?
4. What does Hilda say was harder to lose than the children?
5. What does Solness tell Aline he does not want?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)