|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Solness say him and his wife will never have?
2. What does Hilda think would be thrilling?
(a) To build a church
(b) To be in a fire
(c) To be shot at
(d) To be carried off
3. What does Hilda say the house seems to have?
(a) A mishapen roof
(b) An overgrown garden
(c) A high tower
(d) A broken chimney
4. Who does Solness tell Ragnar to go home to?
(a) His mother
(b) His children
(d) His father
5. Who is Solness afraid will stop obeying him?
(a) His friends and enemies
(b) His family
(c) Women and children
(d) The helpers and the servers
6. Where does Solness tell Hilda she can live?
(a) The top room of the tower
(b) The nursery
(c) The servant's quarters
(d) The master bedroom
7. Why does Hilda say she has come to Solness?
(a) To get her kingdom
(b) To find her self
(c) To make his life hell
(d) To marry him
8. Who does Hilda accuse Solness of destroying?
9. Where does Hilda say it would be wonderful to see Solness?
(a) On top of the tower
(b) In a motor vehicle
(c) On his roof
(d) In his new house
10. Which of the following type of devil does Solness not list?
(a) Black haired devil
(b) Good devil
(c) Bad devil
(d) Fiery devil
11. Who does Solness say he is thinking of?
(d) The twins
12. Which of the following words does Hilda not use to describe what Solness said to Ragnar?
13. What does Solness use to write on Ragnar's drawings?
(a) A pencil
(b) A fountain pen
(c) A biro
(d) A crayon
14. What happens to Solness when he is up high?
(a) He gets dizzy
(b) He vomits
(c) He panics
(d) He faints
15. What does Solness ask Hilda if she has read?
(b) The old legends
(c) The 16th century poets
(d) The old sagas
Short Answer Questions
1. What affected Aline's milk?
2. What does Ragnar call Solness?
3. Where does Solness say Hilda can see if she sits on the sofa?
4. What color is Aline's shawl?
5. What does Solness say Hilda does not understand?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)