|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hilda long to see Solness?
(c) In love
2. Who does Aline decide to call in this act?
(a) Dr. Herdal
(b) Her mother
3. What does Solness say held him back from fixing the flue?
(b) A hand
(c) The twins
4. What sort of conscience does Hilda say Solness should have?
(a) A hard one
(b) A robust one
(c) A fun one
(d) An open one
5. Who does Solness tell Ragnar to go home to?
(a) His children
(c) His father
(d) His mother
6. What does Solness tell Aline he does not want?
(c) A new book keeper
(d) A new designer
7. Why did Hilda not contact Solness before?
(a) She had forgotten him
(b) She was in love with someone else
(c) She was afraid she would ruin everything
(d) Her father refused to let her out of the house
8. What does Hilda say Solness was sent into the world with?
(a) A selfish streak
(b) A sense of life
(c) A sickly conscience
(d) A crippling guilt
9. What does Aline say Solness is underneath his bluster?
10. Which of the following words does Hilda not use to describe what Solness said to Ragnar?
11. Why does Hilda say she has come to Solness?
(a) To find her self
(b) To get her kingdom
(c) To marry him
(d) To make his life hell
12. What does Solness say he can't live his life chained to?
(a) His misery
(b) A dead man
(c) His work
(d) A dead woman
13. Who does Hilda accuse Solness of destroying?
14. Where did the fire break out?
(a) In the attic
(b) In a clothes cupboard
(c) In the chimney
(d) In the nursery
15. Where does Aline say the boys are now?
(a) In hell
(b) Close to her
(c) In heaven
(d) In the ground
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ragnar take away with him?
2. What does Solness use to write on Ragnar's drawings?
3. What did Hilda use to collect?
4. What does Solness say Aline had a talent for building?
5. What does Solness presume Hilda and Aline were talking about?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)