|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Solness when he is up high?
(a) He vomits
(b) He faints
(c) He gets dizzy
(d) He panics
2. Hilda does say Aline is by nature?
(a) Very chilly
(b) Very serious
(c) Very kind
(d) Very funny
3. Which of the following words does Hilda not use to describe what Solness said to Ragnar?
4. What does Hilda call their dream home?
(a) The lover's castle
(b) Hill top castle
(c) The fairy palace
(d) Castle in the air
5. What does Hilda tell Solness to write on Ragnar's drawings?
(a) Something funny
(b) Something negative
(c) Something heart warming
(d) Something positive
6. What does Solness say Hilda does not understand?
(a) His business
(b) His words
(c) His position
(d) His hate
7. What does Solness tell Aline they will hang from the tower of their new house?
(a) A wreath
(b) A flag
(d) A boars head
8. What does Solness say he needs in his life?
9. What does Hilda say is was not a simple to do?
(a) Visit Solness
(b) Leave her father
(c) Not get married
(d) Leave her town
10. What affected Aline's milk?
(c) Her unhappiness
(d) Her fever
11. Which of the following words does Solness use to describe the inside of the house?
12. Who does Hilda think is stupid?
(d) Her father
13. Where does this scene take place?
(a) The tower
(b) The drawing room
(c) The master bedroom
(d) The veranda
14. Where does Aline say the boys are now?
(a) In heaven
(b) In hell
(c) Close to her
(d) In the ground
15. What does Mr. Solness say the fire was caused by?
(a) One of the twins
(b) A crack in the ceiling
(c) A crack in the chimney
(d) A gas leak
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Solness describe as bonny?
2. What does Solness say Hilda means when she says he is ill?
3. Who does Solness say he is thinking of?
4. What does Ragnar bring in for Solness?
5. What does Hilda say builders can leave behind in their castles?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)