|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hilda say she has come to Solness?
(a) To get her kingdom
(b) To find her self
(c) To make his life hell
(d) To marry him
2. Where does Solness say Hilda can see if she sits on the sofa?
(a) The garden
(b) The road
(c) His paintings
(d) His books
3. What does Ragnar take away with him?
(a) His magazines
(b) His drawings
(c) His clean clothes
(d) His books
4. What does Hilda tell Solness he goes on like?
(a) A kangeroo
(b) A koala
(c) A troll
(d) A rabbit
5. Who spirit does Solness talk to Hilda about?
(a) The human spirit
(b) The animal spirit
(c) The troll spirit
(d) The viking spirit
6. Who does Solness describe as bonny?
(a) The twins
7. What does Hilda call their dream home?
(a) The lover's castle
(b) Castle in the air
(c) Hill top castle
(d) The fairy palace
8. What does Hilda say was harder to lose than the children?
(a) Her father
(b) Her dog
(c) The house
(d) Her brother
9. Where does this scene take place?
(a) The tower
(b) The veranda
(c) The drawing room
(d) The master bedroom
10. Who does Solness say he is thinking of?
(c) The twins
11. Who does Hilda think is stupid?
(d) Her father
12. What does Hilda say one cannot choose?
(a) Their parents
(b) Their conscience
(c) Where they work
(d) Whom they love
13. What does Solness say Aline had a talent for building?
(a) The souls of little children
(b) A circle of friends
(c) An expensive wardrobe of clothes
(d) Family happiness
14. What does Hilda say is was not a simple to do?
(a) Leave her town
(b) Visit Solness
(c) Not get married
(d) Leave her father
15. What sort of conscience does Hilda say Solness should have?
(a) A fun one
(b) A robust one
(c) A hard one
(d) An open one
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Solness say he has given up?
2. What did Solness stop building after he lost the twins?
3. Who does Solness tell Ragnar to go home to?
4. What does Solness tell Aline he does not want?
5. What did Aline have a talent for?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)