|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose portfolio is Solness reading?
2. How does Ragnar know the couple?
(a) He is a friend of the family
(b) He is married to the woman's sister
(c) He attended university with the man
(d) He has worked closely with the family
3. Where does Solness suggest they put Hilda for the night?
(a) The games room
(b) The nusery
(c) The guest room
(d) The master bedroom
4. What word does Hilda say she cannot stand?
5. What does Kaia suggest Brovik does to feel better?
(a) Read a book
(b) Go to the cinema
(c) Go to sleep
(d) Go for a walk
6. Who does Hilda think dislikes her?
(d) Mrs. Solness
7. What does Brovik not want the children to know?
(a) What he thinks of Solness
(b) How old he is
(c) How angry he is
(d) How he ill he feels
8. Where did the town play music to celebrate the building of Solness' tower?
(a) The tourist center
(b) The churchyard
(c) The park
(d) The Town Hall
9. Why does Hilda say she dislikes the word duty?
(a) It is uncaring
(b) It is sharp and stinging
(c) It is used by enemies
(d) It is too informal
10. Why does Dr. Herbal think that Solness should not be afraid?
(a) He is very rich
(b) He has powerful friends
(c) He has luck on his side
(d) He is a man
11. What does Hilda say she dreamed she was falling down?
(a) A mountain
(b) A precipice
(c) A tower
(d) A cliff
12. Why does Hilda not want to go to the shops?
(a) She hates shopping
(b) She is too busy
(c) She does not want to go alone
(d) She has no money
13. What does Hilda say she wants to sleep as sound as?
(a) A brick
(b) A dead man
(c) A tree
(d) A stone
14. What did Solness call Hilda when he saw her in her white dress?
(a) A little horror
(b) A little devil
(c) A little princess
(d) A little flower
15. What does Solness tell his wife she has on her hands?
(b) A sick man
(d) The world
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dr. Herdal meet Hilda?
2. Whose house does the action pass in and out of?
3. What does Hilda say amuses her?
4. What does Mrs. Solness say is dreadful about the nurseries?
5. What does Solness offer Brovik to sit on?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)