|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brovik say he wants to have it out with?
(a) The chief
(b) The President
(c) His landlord
(d) His landlady
2. What does Solness hold under his arms?
3. Where does Mrs. Solness say she must go?
(a) Into the woods
(b) Into town
(c) Into the city
(d) Into the fields
4. What did the town give in honor of Solness?
(a) A party
(b) A barbecue
(c) A parade
(d) A dinner
5. What does Hilda say amuses her?
(a) People fighting
(b) People singing
(c) People drinking
(d) People staring
6. What does Hilda say she was when she was a young girl?
(a) A pretty mug
(b) A little flower
(c) A little devil
(d) A little fool
7. What do the young couple want built?
(a) A cafe
(b) A villa
(c) A hotel
(d) A mansion
8. What does Dr. Herdal say young people have a bad habit of doing?
(a) Running away
9. Why does Solness say he is willing to give a commission away?
(a) It is better than building at random
(b) He will not tolerate impatience
(c) He will only build brilliance
(d) The couple are criminals
10. What is Mrs. Solness doing in the room?
(a) Reading a book
(c) Watering flowers
(d) Drawing a picture
11. What did the family think of Ragnar's drawings?
12. What does Solness want Kaia to do?
(a) Write a letter
(b) Phone some people
(c) Finish some drawings
(d) Keep him company
13. What does Dr. Herdal say happened to the grim old robber's castle?
(a) It was taken over by the government
(b) It was burned down
(c) It was robbed
(d) It was bombed
14. Who does Solness say he owes a debt to?
(b) His parents
(c) His wife
(d) His brother
15. How does Ragnar know the couple?
(a) He is married to the woman's sister
(b) He is a friend of the family
(c) He attended university with the man
(d) He has worked closely with the family
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Herdal say he likes listening to?
2. What does Solness tell his wife she has on her hands?
3. Why does Dr. Herbal think that Solness should not be afraid?
4. What does Hilda say she stretched herself out like?
5. What does Solness say someone will come and say to him?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)