|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dr. Herdal meet Hilda?
(a) A mountain station
(b) A tourist station
(c) A police station
(d) A fire station
2. Whose portfolio is Solness reading?
3. What does Solness offer Brovik to sit on?
(a) A bed
(b) An armchair
(c) A rocking chair
(d) A sofa
4. Where does Mrs. Solness say she must go?
(a) Into the city
(b) Into the fields
(c) Into town
(d) Into the woods
5. What does Solness say he cannot change?
(a) Ragnar's lack of talent
(b) His nature
(c) Brovik's illness
(d) His genuis
6. What does Dr. Herdal say young people have a bad habit of doing?
(b) Running away
7. What color jacket does Solness wear?
8. What did Solness hang on the weather vane?
(b) A doll
(c) A medal
(d) A wreath
9. What does Dr. Herdal say happened to the grim old robber's castle?
(a) It was taken over by the government
(b) It was burned down
(c) It was robbed
(d) It was bombed
10. Whose house does the action pass in and out of?
11. What does Hilda say Solness' singing sounded like?
(a) Flutes in heaven
(b) Harps in the air
(c) Electric guitars in hell
(d) An out of tune organ
12. What does Solness think sooner or later must turn?
13. What does Solness want Kaia to do?
(a) Write a letter
(b) Finish some drawings
(c) Phone some people
(d) Keep him company
14. What does Solness tell his wife she has on her hands?
(a) A sick man
(c) The world
15. Where did the town play music to celebrate the building of Solness' tower?
(a) The tourist center
(b) The churchyard
(c) The park
(d) The Town Hall
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hilda say she slept?
2. What does Brovik not want the children to know?
3. What does Hilda ask Solness if his book-keeper is?
4. Where does Solness suggest they put Hilda for the night?
5. What means orange in the original Appelsinia?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)