|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the town give in honor of Solness?
(a) A party
(b) A barbecue
(c) A parade
(d) A dinner
2. What does Mrs. Solness say is dreadful about the nurseries?
(a) The design
(b) The carpet
(c) The coldness
(d) The emptiness
3. Who knocks on the door?
(a) Aline Solness
(b) Knut Brovik
(c) Kaia Brovik
(d) Hilda Wangel
4. What means orange in the original Appelsinia?
(c) Orang a tang
5. What does Solness think will make his luck turn?
(a) The government
(b) The younger generation
(c) The city boys
6. What does Hilda say she was when she was a young girl?
(a) A little fool
(b) A little flower
(c) A little devil
(d) A pretty mug
7. What did the family think of Ragnar's drawings?
8. Where does Mrs. Solness say she must go?
(a) Into town
(b) Into the woods
(c) Into the city
(d) Into the fields
9. What does Kaia suggest Brovik does to feel better?
(a) Go to sleep
(b) Read a book
(c) Go for a walk
(d) Go to the cinema
10. Where do the couple want their villa built?
11. What does Hilda say Solness has a lot of?
12. Who does Solness say has been keeping an eye on him?
(b) Dr. Herdal
(d) His wife
13. Why does Hilda say she dislikes the word duty?
(a) It is uncaring
(b) It is used by enemies
(c) It is too informal
(d) It is sharp and stinging
14. Who does Solness say Aline has become shy with?
15. What does Hilda's father do for a living?
(a) A lawyer
(b) A doctor
(c) A dentist
(d) A jounralist
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Herbal think that Solness should not be afraid?
2. How does Hilda say she slept?
3. What kind of hat does Solness wear?
4. What kind of drink is on the table?
5. What did Solness climb up at the celebration?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)