|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brovik say he wants to have it out with?
(a) His landlady
(b) His landlord
(c) The President
(d) The chief
2. What does Dr. Herdal say he likes listening to?
(a) Strange stories
(c) Ghost stories
(d) Folk music
3. What color were the school girls dressed in?
4. How does Hilda say she slept?
(a) Like a child in a cradle
(b) Like a pebble in a river
(c) Like a dead baby
(d) Like a brick in the wall
5. What does Hilda say Solness' singing sounded like?
(a) An out of tune organ
(b) Electric guitars in hell
(c) Harps in the air
(d) Flutes in heaven
6. What is the name of Solness' wife?
7. When does Solness say life will be easier for his wife?
(a) When they get a divorce
(b) When they move into their new home
(c) When they have a child
(d) When they find a lodger
8. What does Hilda tell Solness he did many times to her?
(a) Slapped her
(b) Laughed at her
(c) Kissed her
(d) Poked her
9. What does Dr. Herdal say young people have a bad habit of doing?
(d) Running away
10. What kind of drink is on the table?
11. Why does Dr. Herbal think that Solness should not be afraid?
(a) He has luck on his side
(b) He is a man
(c) He has powerful friends
(d) He is very rich
12. What does Hilda say she stretched herself out like?
(a) A queen
(b) A serpent
(c) A peasant
(d) A princess
13. What color jacket does Solness wear?
14. What kind of hat does Hilda wear?
(a) A bowler hat
(b) A sailor's hat
(c) A top hat
(d) A hunting hat
15. Why does Solness think it will not be good if Kaia gets married?
(a) She will live a miserable life
(b) She is too young
(c) He is in love with her
(d) He will have no one to keep his books
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilda's father do for a living?
2. Who does Solness say Aline has become shy with?
3. Who says he is feeling ill?
4. Who does Solness say he owes a debt to?
5. Who does Hilda think dislikes her?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)