|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the town play music to celebrate the building of Solness' tower?
(a) The Town Hall
(b) The churchyard
(c) The park
(d) The tourist center
2. What does Hilda say amuses her?
(a) People staring
(b) People drinking
(c) People singing
(d) People fighting
3. Who does Solness say has been keeping an eye on him?
(b) His wife
(d) Dr. Herdal
4. What did Solness hang on the weather vane?
(b) A wreath
(c) A medal
(d) A doll
5. What does Hilda say she wants to sleep as sound as?
(a) A tree
(b) A stone
(c) A brick
(d) A dead man
6. Where does Solness suggest that Hilda makes the rounds?
(a) Her friends
(b) The pubs
(c) The tourist attractions
(d) The shops
7. How does Ragnar know the couple?
(a) He attended university with the man
(b) He is married to the woman's sister
(c) He has worked closely with the family
(d) He is a friend of the family
8. What does Solness think sooner or later must turn?
9. What does Hilda say she stretched herself out like?
(a) A queen
(b) A serpent
(c) A peasant
(d) A princess
10. Who knocks on the door?
(a) Knut Brovik
(b) Kaia Brovik
(c) Hilda Wangel
(d) Aline Solness
11. What does Dr. Herdal say happened to the grim old robber's castle?
(a) It was bombed
(b) It was robbed
(c) It was burned down
(d) It was taken over by the government
12. What did Solness promise Hilda he would buy her in Spain?
(a) A mansion
(b) A kingdom
(c) A gold ring
(d) A diamond necklace
13. Why does Solness think it will not be good if Kaia gets married?
(a) He will have no one to keep his books
(b) She will live a miserable life
(c) He is in love with her
(d) She is too young
14. What does Mrs. Solness say is dreadful about the nurseries?
(a) The emptiness
(b) The carpet
(c) The coldness
(d) The design
15. What chair does Solness lean against?
(a) The sofa
(b) The rocking chair
(c) The dining room chair
(d) The armchair
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Herdal say the other ladies did not like?
2. Whose portfolio is Solness reading?
3. What is Mrs. Solness doing in the room?
4. Who does Solness call into the room?
5. What is Kaia's surname?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)