|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Solness suggest they put Hilda for the night?
(a) The games room
(b) The guest room
(c) The nusery
(d) The master bedroom
2. What does Hilda say she was when she was a young girl?
(a) A little fool
(b) A pretty mug
(c) A little devil
(d) A little flower
3. What does Hilda say Solness has a lot of?
4. What did the family think of Ragnar's drawings?
5. What does Brovik not want the children to know?
(a) How angry he is
(b) How he ill he feels
(c) How old he is
(d) What he thinks of Solness
6. Why does Dr. Herbal think that Solness should not be afraid?
(a) He is a man
(b) He has luck on his side
(c) He has powerful friends
(d) He is very rich
7. What does Solness want Kaia to do?
(a) Keep him company
(b) Write a letter
(c) Phone some people
(d) Finish some drawings
8. What does Kaia suggest Brovik does to feel better?
(a) Go for a walk
(b) Go to the cinema
(c) Go to sleep
(d) Read a book
9. Who does Brovik say he wants to have it out with?
(a) The chief
(b) His landlord
(c) His landlady
(d) The President
10. What does Dr. Herdal say happened to the grim old robber's castle?
(a) It was bombed
(b) It was taken over by the government
(c) It was burned down
(d) It was robbed
11. Whose portfolio is Solness reading?
12. What did the school girls shout up at Solness?
(a) Hurrah for Master Builder Solness
(b) Hip hip hooray
(c) Don't fall Master Builder
(d) Simply the best Master in the world
13. Why does Kaia say she all always takes off her shade when Solness comes in to the office?
(a) It makes her look like a girl
(b) It makes her look ugly
(c) He does not like it
(d) It is not suitable
14. To where does the open door lead?
(a) The garden
(b) The games room
(c) The reception
(d) The draughtsmen's office
15. What does Solness say he cannot change?
(a) Ragnar's lack of talent
(b) His nature
(c) His genuis
(d) Brovik's illness
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Herdal say young people have a bad habit of doing?
2. What does Solness tell his wife she has on her hands?
3. Where do the couple want their villa built?
4. Why does Hilda say she dislikes the word duty?
5. Where does Mrs. Solness say she must go?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)