|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Solness promise Hilda he would buy her in Spain?
(a) A diamond necklace
(b) A mansion
(c) A gold ring
(d) A kingdom
2. What does Hilda say she dreamed she was falling down?
(a) A mountain
(b) A precipice
(c) A cliff
(d) A tower
3. What is the name of Solness' wife?
4. Why does Kaia say she all always takes off her shade when Solness comes in to the office?
(a) It makes her look ugly
(b) He does not like it
(c) It makes her look like a girl
(d) It is not suitable
5. What kind of hat does Solness wear?
(a) Top hat
(b) Baseball hat
(c) Felt hat
(d) Bowler hat
6. What does Hilda say Solness has a lot of?
7. What does Solness think will make his luck turn?
(b) The younger generation
(c) The government
(d) The city boys
8. What did Solness climb up at the celebration?
(b) A rope ladder
(c) A rope
(d) A step ladder
9. How does Hilda say she slept?
(a) Like a pebble in a river
(b) Like a brick in the wall
(c) Like a dead baby
(d) Like a child in a cradle
10. What does Mrs. Solness say is dreadful about the nurseries?
(a) The design
(b) The carpet
(c) The coldness
(d) The emptiness
11. What did Solness call Hilda when he saw her in her white dress?
(a) A little princess
(b) A little horror
(c) A little devil
(d) A little flower
12. What does Solness say someone will come and say to him?
(a) Lead me to riches
(b) Give me a chance
(c) Show me the way
(d) Love me
13. Where was the dinner held?
(a) The Barfly
(b) The townhall
(c) The Club
(d) The mayor's house
14. Where does Hilda say the other ladies went?
15. Where do the couple want their villa built?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Solness think it will not be good if Kaia gets married?
2. Where was Solness raised?
3. Where did the town play music to celebrate the building of Solness' tower?
4. What does Dr. Herdal say young people have a bad habit of doing?
5. Whose house does the action pass in and out of?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)