Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hilda think dislikes her?
(d) Mrs. Solness
2. What chair does Solness lean against?
(a) The armchair
(b) The dining room chair
(c) The sofa
(d) The rocking chair
3. Why does Hilda say she dislikes the word duty?
(a) It is too informal
(b) It is used by enemies
(c) It is sharp and stinging
(d) It is uncaring
4. Where did Dr. Herdal meet Hilda?
(a) A tourist station
(b) A police station
(c) A mountain station
(d) A fire station
5. What do the young couple want built?
(a) A mansion
(b) A villa
(c) A cafe
(d) A hotel
6. What is Mrs. Solness doing in the room?
(a) Drawing a picture
(c) Reading a book
(d) Watering flowers
7. What does Solness say he now builds?
(a) Towers for the Gods
(b) Homes for humans
(c) Apartments for students
(d) Churches for the government
8. What is Kaia's surname?
9. What does Brovik want to see Ragnar do before he dies?
(b) Stand on his own two feet
(c) Have a son
(d) Get his own business
10. What is the name of Solness' wife?
11. Who says he is feeling ill?
12. What does Solness want Kaia to do?
(a) Write a letter
(b) Phone some people
(c) Finish some drawings
(d) Keep him company
13. Who does Solness say has been keeping an eye on him?
(c) Dr. Herdal
(d) His wife
14. What does Solness say he cannot change?
(a) His nature
(b) Brovik's illness
(c) His genuis
(d) Ragnar's lack of talent
15. What does Hilda say she was when she was a young girl?
(a) A little devil
(b) A pretty mug
(c) A little fool
(d) A little flower
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Solness say he would carry Hilda off to?
2. What does Kaia suggest Brovik does to feel better?
3. What does Dr. Herdal say happened to the grim old robber's castle?
4. What did the school girls shout up at Solness?
5. What did Solness climb up at the celebration?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)