|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Olds do after his time in politics?
2. What is Senator Lyndon Baines Johnson's (LBJ) role in the Senate in 1957?
3. How close do the Democrats come to controlling the Senate in 1954?
4. How many southern votes does Russell control during the 1952 election?
5. In 1954, who attempts to change Senate Rule 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Democrats take control of Congress in 1932?
2. Why do some think Olds is a communist?
3. What is the purpose of LBJ's assignment of a committee liaison?
4. How does LBJ stop some Senators from trying to change Senate Rule 22?
5. How does LBJ's relationship with Lady Bird change after his heart attack in 1955?
6. What is LBJ's relationship with his wife like?
7. What backlash does LBJ feel after the Olds trail?
8. What is the effect of an aging Senate?
9. What is the greatest benefit of LBJ initiating Olds destruction?
10. What is the Senate responsible for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the actions of Andrew Johnson during his presidency concerning seeking revenge after the war.
What is the reaction of the House of Representatives?
What is the reaction of the Senate?
What effects do these actions have on the country?
Essay Topic 2
What is the Texas NYA? How does LBJ make a lasting impact on this organization and the people it serves? How does the organization make a lasting impact on LBJ? Provide examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
When does the breaking point occur for LBJ when he realizes that he can no longer fully side with the south? Provide information about what events occur directly before and after this point. Do you think LBJ sees it coming and does he prepare himself for this point?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)