|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose influence does Olds state lead him to become less radical?
2. How many southern votes does Russell control during the 1952 election?
3. How much does LBJ pay for his old house?
4. When does Olds join the American Labor Party?
5. What election does Richard Bevard Russell Jr. win in 1930?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the two affairs LBJ has while in the Senate.
2. Why does Russell try to avoid a formal committee report of the Truman Administration hearings?
3. When LBJ sends investigators in to the Air Force base, what do they find compared to what LBJ reports to the public?
4. Why is LBJ such a contrast to the typical Senator?
5. What is LBJ relationship with his other family members like?
6. Why do some think Olds is a communist?
7. Why do the Democrats take control of Congress in 1932?
8. How is LBJ able to expand nine and reduce four committees to his favor?
9. What is the greatest benefit of LBJ initiating Olds destruction?
10. What is the Senate responsible for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe LBJ's relationship with Lady Bird.
Why is Lady Bird so loyal to LBJ?
Do you think Lady Bird gives something up by marrying LBJ and staying with him?
Why does she describe her best years as the Senate Years?
Essay Topic 2
In the last 1800's, what is the seniority rule so important in the Senate? What factors lead to this need? How do Senator aids effect this need?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the most popular committees Senators want to be on? Discuss why these committees are the favorites among Senators and what type of changes they make by being on these committees.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)