|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attracts Olds by reminding business owners of christian duties toward their workers?
2. What is the result of LBJ's demanding work schedule?
3. What term refers to a body of laws proposed to enforce segregation?
4. How does LBJ get to the hospital in 1955 after he suffers a massive heart attack?
5. Whose testimony supports the notion of the Truman Administration's policies containing communist aggression?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is LBJ such a contrast to the typical Senator?
2. How is LBJ described when he is a Senator?
3. How is the Senate Supreme described in chapter 15?
4. Describe the two affairs LBJ has while in the Senate.
5. How does the Seventeenth Amendment effect Senators?
6. How does LBJ take, literally, a hands on approach to gaining support and votes?
7. How is LBJ able to expand nine and reduce four committees to his favor?
8. What is LBJ's big picture view of the Senate?
9. What does Russell JR. gain from LBJ?
10. What is LBJ's relationship with his wife like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe LBJ's relationship with Lady Bird.
Why is Lady Bird so loyal to LBJ?
Do you think Lady Bird gives something up by marrying LBJ and staying with him?
Why does she describe her best years as the Senate Years?
Essay Topic 2
Russell sees a potential presidential candidate in LBJ.
Why does Russell think LBJ can be a presidential candidate?
Does Russell want LBJ in the office for the same reasons LBJ wants to be there?
What maneuvering does LBJ do to appease Russell as well as his own interests?
Essay Topic 3
LBJ is a powerful force. In your opinion, do others respect LBJ or simply fear him? Provide evidence for your answer based on events and situations from the book.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)