|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does LBJ demand of his staff?
(c) 10 bills per month written.
(d) Compassion for others.
2. What state is Estes Kefauver from?
(b) West Virginia.
3. How are LBJ's children being raised?
(a) With love.
(b) In a nurturing home.
(c) By committee.
(d) They grow up fast.
4. What committee is LBJ offered upon entering the Senate?
(d) National Security.
5. What does Lady Bird do to sooth LBJ's mood swings during his recovery?
(a) Read him letters and editorials.
(b) Gives him muscle relaxers.
(c) Leaves him alone.
(d) Lets his girlfrind visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does McCarthy leave the Senate?
2. What is LBJ's job as the Majority Whip considered?
3. What term refers to a body of laws proposed to enforce segregation?
4. How does LBJ's personality fit into the Senate?
5. According to Newsweek, how many bills are passed one day in four hours, and 43 minutes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does LBJ lose the Senate seat in the 1941 special election?
2. After the Olds trial, what does LBJ say about Olds in a speech given regarding the trial?
3. How does LBJ use money from the Oilman to his advantage?
4. What is the Senate responsible for?
5. Why does the Senate turn against McCarthy?
6. Why does LBJ feel Democrats need credit for the rescue of an idolized President?
7. What is LBJ's relationship with his wife like?
8. What is the purpose of LBJ's assignment of a committee liaison?
9. How does LBJ take, literally, a hands on approach to gaining support and votes?
10. When LBJ sends investigators in to the Air Force base, what do they find compared to what LBJ reports to the public?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)