|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Southern Senators view Humphrey when he first arrives in the Senate?
(a) A force to be reckoned with.
(b) A child.
(c) A colleague.
(d) A civil rights foe.
2. What does LBJ's brother, Sam, do to help his situation in terms of his career?
(a) He oversees LBJ's staff.
(b) He offers to take on LBJ's work.
(c) He lies about LBJ's condition.
(d) He boasts that LBJ is ready and ambitious.
3. How does the constitution originally state Senators are elected?
(a) By state legislatures.
(b) Popular vote.
(c) By the President.
(d) By the House.
4. Who is expected to be the Republican Presidential candidate in 1952?
5. What do the desks of the Senate look like to an observer?
(b) Used furniture.
(c) Majestic glory.
(d) Schoolhouse furniture.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Olds referred to during his trial initiated by LBJ?
2. What is LBJ's job as the Majority Whip considered?
3. What does Olds do after his time in politics?
4. How does LBJ get to the hospital in 1955 after he suffers a massive heart attack?
5. How long is LBJ sedated after his heart attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does LBJ feel Democrats need credit for the rescue of an idolized President?
2. Why do some think Olds is a communist?
3. How does LBJ stop some Senators from trying to change Senate Rule 22?
4. How does LBJ use money from the Oilman to his advantage?
5. What is LBJ's relationship with his wife like?
6. What is the press' reaction to LBJ attitude after his recovery from the heart attack in 1955?
7. Why does the Senate turn against McCarthy?
8. How does LBJ take, literally, a hands on approach to gaining support and votes?
9. How does the Seventeenth Amendment effect Senators?
10. Why is LBJ such a contrast to the typical Senator?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)