|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does LBJ demand of his staff?
(a) Compassion for others.
(d) 10 bills per month written.
2. How is Olds referred to during his trial initiated by LBJ?
(a) As a stand up Congressman.
(b) As a traitor.
(c) As a Chameleon.
(d) An old liberal.
3. Whose influence does Olds state lead him to become less radical?
4. Who is expected to be the Republican Presidential candidate in 1952?
5. How does the constitution originally state Senators are elected?
(a) By the President.
(b) By state legislatures.
(c) Popular vote.
(d) By the House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is LBJ frustrated working in the House?
2. What does LBJ do to accommodate his many guests during his recovery on the ranch?
3. What committee controls the money to run programs proposed by other committees?
4. How does LBJ feel in the 1950s when there is little action in the Senate?
5. How does LBJ get to the hospital in 1955 after he suffers a massive heart attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Senate Supreme described in chapter 15?
2. What is the greatest benefit of LBJ initiating Olds destruction?
3. What is the Senate responsible for?
4. How does LBJ use money from the Oilman to his advantage?
5. What is the purpose of LBJ's assignment of a committee liaison?
6. What backlash does LBJ feel after the Olds trail?
7. After the Olds trial, what does LBJ say about Olds in a speech given regarding the trial?
8. What is the results of Humphrey's speech on civil rights during chapter 19?
9. How is LBJ described when he is a Senator?
10. What is the press' reaction to LBJ attitude after his recovery from the heart attack in 1955?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)