|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does LBJ live his life?
(a) Day by Day.
(d) By a regimented schedule.
2. Where does LBJ corner many Senators when he wants their vote?
(a) A local eatery.
(b) Thier own offices.
(c) The Senate Floor.
(d) The cloakroom.
3. Why does McCarthy leave the Senate?
(a) He gets sick.
(b) He is impeached.
(c) He is not re-elected.
(d) He dies.
4. Who does LBJ help to be named Assistant Democratic Cloakroom for the purpose of gaining information?
(a) Richard Russell.
(b) Bobby Baker.
(c) Dean Acheson.
5. When is LBJ sworn in as a Senator?
(a) January 3, 1950.
(b) January 3, 1949.
(c) January 3, 1948.
(d) January 3, 1943.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many liberal Democrats defend Olds during his trial?
2. How old is Richard Bevard Russell Jr. when he wins a seat in the state house?
3. What do northern Senators feel the seniority system excludes?
4. How is Olds referred to during his trial initiated by LBJ?
5. What does FDR use to maintain support of the public?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Senate turn against McCarthy?
2. How does LBJ take, literally, a hands on approach to gaining support and votes?
3. How is LBJ able to expand nine and reduce four committees to his favor?
4. What is the effect of an aging Senate?
5. Describe the two affairs LBJ has while in the Senate.
6. What is LBJ's relationship with his wife like?
7. What is the greatest benefit of LBJ initiating Olds destruction?
8. How does LBJ stop some Senators from trying to change Senate Rule 22?
9. Why does LBJ lose the Senate seat in the 1941 special election?
10. How does LBJ use money from the Oilman to his advantage?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)