|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does McCarthy leave the Senate?
2. What does LBJ's brother, Sam, do to help his situation in terms of his career?
(a) He oversees LBJ's staff.
(b) He offers to take on LBJ's work.
(c) He boasts that LBJ is ready and ambitious.
(d) He lies about LBJ's condition.
3. Why does McCarthy leave the Senate?
(a) He dies.
(b) He gets sick.
(c) He is impeached.
(d) He is not re-elected.
4. Who does LBJ help to be named Assistant Democratic Cloakroom for the purpose of gaining information?
(a) Bobby Baker.
(c) Dean Acheson.
(d) Richard Russell.
5. How is Olds referred to during his trial initiated by LBJ?
(a) As a traitor.
(b) An old liberal.
(c) As a stand up Congressman.
(d) As a Chameleon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the years from 1891-1859 considered in the Senate?
2. What amendment to the U.S. constitution gives black individuals the right to vote?
3. How old is Richard Bevard Russell Jr. when he wins a seat in the state house?
4. Who does LBJ choose to work on his North Korean investigation committee?
5. What does LBJ insist on knowing before moving on any piece of legislation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is LBJ relationship with his other family members like?
2. Why does LBJ feel Democrats need credit for the rescue of an idolized President?
3. What is the purpose of LBJ's assignment of a committee liaison?
4. How is LBJ described when he is a Senator?
5. What does Russell JR. gain from LBJ?
6. How does LBJ use money from the Oilman to his advantage?
7. What is the Senate responsible for?
8. What backlash does LBJ feel after the Olds trail?
9. How is the Senate Supreme described in chapter 15?
10. Why is LBJ such a contrast to the typical Senator?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)