|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 16 | Part 3 Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What election does Richard Bevard Russell Jr. win in 1930?
(a) Vice President.
(d) Governor of Georgia.
2. How does LBJ feel in the 1950s when there is little action in the Senate?
3. Who does LBJ help to be named Assistant Democratic Cloakroom for the purpose of gaining information?
(a) Dean Acheson.
(b) Richard Russell.
(c) Bobby Baker.
4. What is the name of LBJ's North Korean investigation committee?
(a) World Peace Committee.
(b) The New Truman Committee.
(c) The North Korean Committee.
(d) The LBJ Committee.
5. What leads to the decline of the Senate's effectiveness and prestige?
(a) Seniority in committees.
(b) Demanding presidents.
(d) Lack of interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What committee controls the money to run programs proposed by other committees?
2. When is General Douglas MacArthur relieved from his command in Korea?
3. Who wants the information that LBJ gathers regarding votes?
4. How does the Southern Bloc in the Senate defend Jim Crow against the Northern Liberals?
5. How do the two houses of congress treat the Great Depression?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)