|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Malcolm believe was responsible for the conspiracy to oust him from the Black Muslim movement?
(b) The American government.
(c) Wallace-Elijah's son.
(d) Chicago officials of the Black Muslim movement.
2. What did Cone say African Americans needed instead of more churches? (Chapter 11)
3. Who did Martin Luther King, Jr. quote when he said, "My feets is tired but my soul is rested"?
(a) Betsy Johnson.
(b) Sister Bester.
(c) Rosa Parks.
(d) Sister Pollard.
4. Malcolm taught the "true Islamic faith", one upheld by Eastern Islamic teachings. To whom did he make it applicable?
(a) Westernized Islamics.
(b) Black Americans.
(c) American black men.
(d) Eastern blacks.
5. What influenced Malcolm's "conception of the nightmare"?
(a) The abduction of African slaves.
(b) W.E.B. DuBois.
(c) Slave narratives.
(d) The judgement of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to King, "Nobody could ride your back unless" it is what?
2. To what did Malcolm compare America's downfall in Chapter 6?
3. What did Malcolm call the black leaders that accepted financial support from liberal whites?
4. Who made the following statement: "But the danger is that white people use King"?
5. In what city did Martin Luther King, Jr. give his "Beyond Vietnam" speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. Unlike Malcolm, why did King believe in whites?
2. What was Malcolm's "The Ballot or the Bullet" speech an initial attempt for him to do?
3. How do Americans remember Martin Luther King, Jr. today?
4. What was King surprised to find out about urban youth's mindset regarding the civil rights movement following the signing of the Voting Rights Bill?
5. Why did black men fail to question "The Moynihan Report" even though it offended them?
6. According to Cone, how did King proclaim and live the American dream?
7. What was the official reason that was issued regarding Malcolm's removal from the Nation of Islam?
8. What was the difference between Northern and Southern blacks?
9. What did Cone state the difference between King and Malcolm was regarding their impact on recognizing them today?
10. What was the "doctrine of doom of white America" based upon?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)