|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cone, what did Malcolm alienate in Chapter 6?
2. Who said, "I am for truth, no matter who tells it"?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Elijah Muhammad.
(c) Louis Farikan.
(d) Malcolm X.
3. What was considered Malcolm's most repeated and controversial claim?
(a) "White America will pay!"
(b) "White America will fall!"
(c) "White America lied!"
(d) "White America is doomed!"
4. What names did King omit from his jailhouse diary regarding his arrest in Albany?
(a) The names Dr. Anderson and Ralph Abernathy.
(b) The names of the women arrested.
(c) The names of Rosa Parks and Malcom X.
(d) The names of Slater King and Rev. Ben Gay.
5. Which U.S. President refused to put voting rights up to Congress after King asked him to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What report claimed that the "black man was victimized more than black women" and the black man had to "step forward" while the black woman had to "step backward"?
2. What march did King believe was the "final lap of a freedom march that had started in Montgomery ten years earlier"?
3. What did Henry X, the Black Muslim minister, say that Malcolm had abandoned to become a "political sociologist"?
4. What did Malcolm consider socialism to be an alternative for?
5. What bill was passed on August 6, 1965?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Cone, why was Malcolm's faith harder to understand and communicate to the majority of Americans?
2. What was the difference between Northern and Southern blacks?
3. Unlike Malcolm, why did King believe in whites?
4. Why did Cone state that the break between Malcolm and Muhammad "could not be avoided"?
5. According to Malcolm, what are the similarities between "integration" and "separation"?
6. How did King respond to watching Malcolm on television?
7. Why did Malcolm find it necessary to address Third World nations regarding civil inequalities?
8. What did Cone state the difference between King and Malcolm was regarding their impact on recognizing them today?
9. Why did black men fail to question "The Moynihan Report" even though it offended them?
10. According to Malcolm, what problem did "color" have on the self-hate that most blacks held?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)