|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Malcolm claim was "seventh heaven" in Chapter 2?
(d) New York City.
2. What did Malcolm call Martin Luther King, Jr. because of the whites naming him as the "leader of the blacks"?
(a) "A religious Uncle Tom."
(b) "A misnomer."
(c) "A hater of the black movement."
(d) "A traitor."
3. How many children did Malcolm's mother raise on her own after her husband's death?
4. What religious affiliation was Malcolm X aligned with?
(a) Buddhist Nationalist.
(b) Christian Imperialist.
(c) Muslim Nationalist.
(d) Marxist Fascist.
5. What book in the Bible states, "We are all one in Christ"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many demands did the black community make of the Montgomery Bus company to stop the boycott?
2. What nickname did Martin Luther King, Sr. have?
3. Which U.S. President did King claim would not speak in major Southern cities?
4. What was King's favorite image used to show the importance of being the best in your profession?
5. What Senator was declared as an open racist in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the concept of unity mean to Malcolm?
2. What three factors formed the context for King's idea of the "American Dream"?
3. Why did King realize the problem with black's self-respect?
4. What metaphor has always dominated by King's writings and speeches?
5. What meaning did the meeting between Malcolm X and Martin Luther King, Jr. have on the black freedom movement?
6. Why was the North considered "Canaan"?
7. What are the two distinct religious traditions in the African-American community?
8. Why was Malcolm portrayed as a "messiah of hate"?
9. What metaphor did King use to show the importance of "wholehearted work"?
10. What happened to King, at the age of six, concerning the "ugly manifestations of segregation"?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)