|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three themes shaped King's faith and theology?
(a) Justice, fear, and power.
(b) Pride, Chrisitanity, and hope.
(c) Hope, justice, and love.
(d) Love, balance, and pride.
2. Where did King make his first major speech to the nation?
(a) The lawn of the White House.
(b) The Lincoln Memorial.
(c) The Washington Monument.
(d) The Library of Congress.
3. What need did King address in his speech, "Prayer Pilgrimage"?
(a) The need for equlity.
(b) The need for power.
(c) The need for courage.
(d) The need for leadership.
4. What church was King's father a minister of?
(a) Montgomery First Baptist Church.
(b) South Central Baptist Church.
(c) First Baptist Church.
(d) Ebenezer Baptist Church.
5. How many days did the Montgomery bus boycott last?
Short Answer Questions
1. What incident in 1957 brought Malcolm to the attention of the larger black community, especially in Harlem?
2. Who gave Malcolm the name "Malcolm X"?
3. To which biblical person was Martin Luther King, Jr. compared?
4. In what year was Malcolm X born?
5. Who did Malcolm X claim killed his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three factors formed the context for King's idea of the "American Dream"?
2. Why did King realize the problem with black's self-respect?
3. Why was the North considered "Canaan"?
4. What were the problems associated with the media's portrayal of King and Malcolm as adversaries?
5. How did Frederick Douglass use the Constitution to declare his rights as an American?
6. What were the five objectives that King stated led to the redemption of blacks?
7. What were the issues that nationalists faced?
8. What metaphor has always dominated by King's writings and speeches?
9. How did Cone show Martin Luther King, Sr.'s mindset on what a boy and a man were?
10. What are the two distinct religious traditions in the African-American community?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)