|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Nothing but Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bill was passed on August 6, 1965?
(a) The Equal Rights Bill.
(b) The Equal Protection Bill.
(c) The Voting Rights Bill.
(d) Jim Crow Bills.
2. How did Malcolm publicly characterize the assassination that he had been forbidden to speak about?
(a) "The tortoise beating the hare."
(b) "Chickens coming home to roost."
(c) "The wrath of God showing his face."
(d) "The rage of blacks entering Stage One."
3. What television production portrayed the Black Muslims as a black nationalist hate group in 1959?
(a) "The Hate That Hate Produced."
(b) "The Weather Underground Documentary."
(d) "A Twisted Definition of Hate."
4. What was the "most important similarity between Martin and Malcolm"?
(a) Their history.
(b) Their goal.
(c) Their honesty.
(d) Their honor.
5. In what year did Martin Delany write "The Condition, Elevation, Emigration, and Destiny of Colored People of the United States"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What names did King omit from his jailhouse diary regarding his arrest in Albany?
2. What was the nickname for the infamous March 7th attack at the Edmund Pettus Bridge?
3. According to Chapter 3, what did Cone say most people thought King centered his thoughts and actions upon?
4. What did the many who saw Malcolm as an advocate of violence and hate fail to acknowledge?
5. Who made the following statement found in Chapter 10: "You don't have to be a man to fight for freedom. All you have to do is be an intelligent human being"?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)