|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Nothing but Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Cone say that the understanding of King's faith and theology began?
(a) During the Montgomery Bus crisis.
(b) During the creation of the ghettos.
(c) During the riots in New York.
(d) As a response to a hate crime conducted in the Supreme Court.
2. From where did Martin Luther King, Jr. derive the expression the "American Dream"?
(a) His teachers at school.
(b) The Bible and Gospel songs.
(c) The Constitution and the Koran.
(d) The Declaration of Independence and the Bible.
3. What did Cone say was a "danger that pervades the leadership expectations of the African-American community"?
(a) The "Messiah complex".
(b) The "Prophet complex".
(c) The "Destiny plan".
(d) The "Napoleon complex".
4. To which biblical person was Martin Luther King, Jr. compared?
5. When was the NAACP founded?
Short Answer Questions
1. After how many years of "verbal sparring" did Martin Luther King, Jr. and Malcolm X meet?
2. Who was the author and civil rights activist that spoke of "twoness"?
3. Who described Malcolm X as "the spokesman of bitter racism"?
4. What did Malcolm compare himself to when he spoke of his sinking to "the very bottom of the American white man's society"?
5. On what date did King make his first major speech to the nation?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)