|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Shattered Dreams (1965-68).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did the Introduction claim was the greatest abolitionist since the founding of the republic?
(a) Charlie Rose.
(b) Bruce Klunder.
(c) Frederick Douglass.
(d) Robert Zellner.
2. What was Malcolm X's birth name?
(a) Malcolm Black.
(b) Malcolm Little.
(c) Malcolm Drake.
(d) Malcolm Smith.
3. What march did King believe was the "final lap of a freedom march that had started in Montgomery ten years earlier"?
(a) The Alabama march.
(b) The Selma march.
(c) The Charleston march.
(d) The Washington, D.C. march.
4. To whom did John Shabazz compare Malcolm X?
(b) Edward III.
5. How tall was Malcolm X?
(a) Five feet ten inches.
(b) Five feet four inches.
(c) Six feet nine inches.
(d) Six feet three inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said, "Sometimes I have dared to dream"?
2. What faith shaped King's idea of God?
3. What three themes shaped King's faith and theology?
4. Who said, "I am for truth, no matter who tells it"?
5. What did Malcolm X claim that the "black masses living at the bottom of the social heap" were living?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)