|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Shattered Dreams (1965-68).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the leader of the Montgomery bus boycott?
(a) Dexter Probst.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Rosa Parks.
(d) Charlie Rose.
2. What nickname did Martin Luther King, Sr. have?
(a) Father King.
(b) Daddy Senior.
(c) Daddy King.
(d) Daddy Martin.
3. What was considered Malcolm's most repeated and controversial claim?
(a) "White America will fall!"
(b) "White America is doomed!"
(c) "White America lied!"
(d) "White America will pay!"
4. How many children did Malcolm's mother raise on her own after her husband's death?
5. What did Peter Bailey call Malcolm X?
(a) "Prophet X."
(b) "Master Teacher."
(c) "Father X."
(d) "Teacher X."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Cone say that the understanding of King's faith and theology began?
2. What kind of resources did the use of white, liberal Protestant religion offer to King in regard to the movement?
3. What bill was passed on August 6, 1965?
4. What was Malcolm's nickname in prison?
5. What march did King believe was the "final lap of a freedom march that had started in Montgomery ten years earlier"?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)