|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Shattered Dreams (1965-68).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident in 1957 brought Malcolm to the attention of the larger black community, especially in Harlem?
(a) The Jack Rosdale incident.
(b) The Hinton Johnson incident.
(c) The Lyndon Johnson incident.
(d) The Montgomery Bus Boycott incident.
2. What animal did Malcolm compare blacks to in Chapter 4?
3. What did Malcolm claim was "seventh heaven" in Chapter 2?
(b) New York City.
4. In what year was Martin Luther King, Jr. born?
5. What was the nickname for the infamous March 7th attack at the Edmund Pettus Bridge?
(a) "America's Truth."
(b) "The Un-Holy Sabbath."
(c) "Bridge of Blood-day."
(d) "Bloody Sunday."
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the following statement made by King: "Men often __________ each other because they _________ each other".
2. How tall was Malcolm X?
3. During his June 1954 address in Harlem, what did Malcolm claim that the "white man" has brainwashed "us black people" to look upon?
4. What title did Muhammad bestow on Malcolm in 1963?
5. What was the name of the weekly column that Malcolm wrote for African-American newspapers?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)