|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Shattered Dreams (1965-68).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the founder of the Nation of Islam?
(a) Wallace D. Ford.
(b) Elijah Ford Little.
(c) Malcolm Little.
(d) Elijah Muhammad.
2. In front of which U.S. President did Martin Luther King, Jr. first speak about the "American Dream"?
3. What was the nickname for the infamous March 7th attack at the Edmund Pettus Bridge?
(a) "Bridge of Blood-day."
(b) "The Un-Holy Sabbath."
(c) "Bloody Sunday."
(d) "America's Truth."
4. Who described Malcolm X as "the spokesman of bitter racism"?
(a) The Chronicle.
(b) The Southern Reporter.
(c) The Washington Post.
(d) The New Yorker.
5. Who said, "Sometimes I have dared to dream"?
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Malcolm X.
(d) Martin Luther King, Sr.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did the Introduction name as the most persuasive person in pointing out the hypocrisies of the Declaration of Independence?
2. How many objectives did King announce for the role of blacks in the movement?
3. What were the two "great resistance traditions in African-American history" that the meeting between Malcolm X and Martin Luther King, Jr. provided to the black freedom movement?
4. To which biblical person was Martin Luther King, Jr. compared?
5. What magazine called Malcolm X "an unashamed demagogue"?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)