|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: We Must Love Our White Brothers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Martin Luther King, Jr. born?
2. From whose teachings did Martin Luther King, Jr. learn of successful nonviolent actions?
(d) John Stewert Mill.
3. What three themes shaped King's faith and theology?
(a) Hope, justice, and love.
(b) Pride, Chrisitanity, and hope.
(c) Justice, fear, and power.
(d) Love, balance, and pride.
4. What tradition did King's faith follow in Christianity?
(a) Midwestern Baptist.
(b) Black Christian.
(c) Southern Baptist.
(d) Black Baptist.
5. What kind of resources did the use of white, liberal Protestant religion offer to King in regard to the movement?
(a) Faith-bound resources.
(b) Common Christian resources.
(c) Spiritual resources.
(d) Intellectual resources.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the person who called King after a steering committee meeting threaten to do if King did not leave town in three days?
2. What magazine called Malcolm X "an unashamed demagogue"?
3. To which biblical person was Martin Luther King, Jr. compared?
4. On what date did Malcolm X give the speech that began, "No, I'm not an American"?
5. In what year did Malcolm convert to Islam?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)