|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Making of a Bad Nigger (1925-52).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date did Malcolm X give the speech that began, "No, I'm not an American"?
(a) December 24, 1972.
(b) June 4, 1993.
(c) May 27, 1953.
(d) April 3, 1964.
2. According to Cone, who was the only person to point out the "past and current injustices of American society in relation to its inhabitants of African descent"?
(a) Rosa Parks.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Malcolm X.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
3. Where did Martin Luther King, Jr. and Malcolm X meet for the first and only time in their lives?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) North Carolina.
4. What did Malcolm claim was "seventh heaven" in Chapter 2?
(a) New York City.
5. What nickname did Martin Luther King, Sr. have?
(a) Father King.
(b) Daddy Senior.
(c) Daddy Martin.
(d) Daddy King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the leader of the Montgomery bus boycott?
2. By what title did King's admirers frequently refer to him?
3. How many children did Malcolm's mother raise on her own after her husband's death?
4. Whom did the Introduction claim was the greatest abolitionist since the founding of the republic?
5. What soda company used King's use of dreaming in their advertising?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)