|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Making of a Dreamer (1929-55).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date did Malcolm X give the speech that began, "No, I'm not an American"?
(a) April 3, 1964.
(b) June 4, 1993.
(c) December 24, 1972.
(d) May 27, 1953.
2. After how many years of "verbal sparring" did Martin Luther King, Jr. and Malcolm X meet?
3. Who was the leader of the Montgomery bus boycott?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Dexter Probst.
(c) Rosa Parks.
(d) Charlie Rose.
4. In what type of store did Martin Luther King, Jr. and his father experience racism together?
(a) A book store.
(b) A general store.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A shoe store.
5. What were the two "great resistance traditions in African-American history" that the meeting between Malcolm X and Martin Luther King, Jr. provided to the black freedom movement?
(a) Promise and freedom.
(b) Integrationism and nationalism.
(c) The American Dream and The American Nightmare.
(d) Hope and vitality.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the Dred Scott Decision made?
2. Whom did the Introduction claim was the greatest abolitionist since the founding of the republic?
3. At what age did Martin Luther King, Jr. attend Morehouse College?
4. At what age was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s first experience with segregation?
5. The Introduction claim that "blacks are Americans," given that they arrived before whom?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)