|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Making of a Dreamer (1929-55).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did the Introduction name as the most persuasive person in pointing out the hypocrisies of the Declaration of Independence?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Frederick Douglass.
(c) Malcolm X.
(d) Richard Alen.
2. Where did Martin Luther King, Jr. and Malcolm X meet for the first and only time in their lives?
(c) North Carolina.
(d) Washington, D.C.
3. What religious affiliation was Malcolm X aligned with?
(a) Buddhist Nationalist.
(b) Marxist Fascist.
(c) Muslim Nationalist.
(d) Christian Imperialist.
4. In what year did Martin Luther King, Jr. become pastor of Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
5. The Introduction claim that "blacks are Americans," given that they arrived before whom?
(b) The English.
(c) The French.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did Malcolm X give the speech that began, "No, I'm not an American"?
2. On what date did Martin Luther King, Jr. give his famous "I Have A Dream" speech?
3. What soda company used King's use of dreaming in their advertising?
4. Whom did the Introduction claim was the greatest abolitionist since the founding of the republic?
5. What was the name of the 15-year-old high school student arrested for refusing to give up her seat to a white passenger before Rosa Parks did so?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)