|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Making of a Dreamer (1929-55).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the infamous Hayes Compromise made?
2. What religious affiliation was Martin Luther King, Jr. aligned with?
(a) Buddist Imperialist.
(b) Christian Integrationist.
(c) Muslim Nationalist.
3. The Introduction claim that "blacks are Americans," given that they arrived before whom?
(a) The French.
(c) The English.
4. When did Martin Luther King, Jr. give his "Autobiography of Religious Development" sermon?
5. Who was the author and civil rights activist that spoke of "twoness"?
(a) John O. Killens.
(b) James Meredith.
(c) Dorothy Height.
(d) W.E.B. DuBois.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the leader of the Montgomery bus boycott?
2. In what year was the Dred Scott Decision made?
3. In what type of store did Martin Luther King, Jr. and his father experience racism together?
4. What nickname did Martin Luther King, Sr. have?
5. What were the two "great resistance traditions in African-American history" that the meeting between Malcolm X and Martin Luther King, Jr. provided to the black freedom movement?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)