|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: The Making of a Dreamer (1929-55).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall was Malcolm X?
(a) Six feet nine inches.
(b) Five feet four inches.
(c) Five feet ten inches.
(d) Six feet three inches.
2. Whom did the Introduction name as the most persuasive person in pointing out the hypocrisies of the Declaration of Independence?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Frederick Douglass.
(c) Malcolm X.
(d) Richard Alen.
3. In what year was the Dred Scott Decision made?
4. The Introduction claim that "blacks are Americans," given that they arrived before whom?
(b) The English.
(d) The French.
5. When did Martin Luther King, Jr. give his "Autobiography of Religious Development" sermon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the 15-year-old high school student arrested for refusing to give up her seat to a white passenger before Rosa Parks did so?
2. Who was the leader of the Montgomery bus boycott?
3. In what type of store did Martin Luther King, Jr. and his father experience racism together?
4. What church was King's father a minister of?
5. In what year did Martin Delany write "The Condition, Elevation, Emigration, and Destiny of Colored People of the United States"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)