|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Two Roads to Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was King's favorite image used to show the importance of being the best in your profession?
(b) Chimney sweep.
(d) Bus driver.
2. What television production portrayed the Black Muslims as a black nationalist hate group in 1959?
(a) "The Weather Underground Documentary."
(c) "The Hate That Hate Produced."
(d) "A Twisted Definition of Hate."
3. In front of which U.S. President did Martin Luther King, Jr. first speak about the "American Dream"?
4. On what date did King make his first major speech to the nation?
(a) May 17, 1957.
(b) July 4, 1943.
(c) January 31, 1961.
(d) August 12, 1971.
5. Who made the following statement: "If King loses, worse leaders are going to take his place"?
(b) Elijah Muhammad.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to King, what happened when he watched Malcolm on television? (Chapter 9)
2. What two people's ideas did King infuse in regard to nonviolence and spirituality? (Chapter 9)
3. Who did Malcolm claim God had "raised up...as the one to warn white America" in many of his speeches?
4. Where did King make his first major speech to the nation?
5. What leaders did King find more interest in regarding their influence on the change of world politics? (Chapter 9)
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)