|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Two Roads to Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cone claim was created for "the specific needs of blacks" in Chapter 6?
(a) The Nation of Islam.
(b) The CORE.
(c) The NAACP.
(d) The Southern Baptist faith.
2. What did the many who saw Malcolm as an advocate of violence and hate fail to acknowledge?
(a) His loyalty to America.
(b) His biblically based teachings.
(c) His religious commitment.
(d) His power and importance.
3. What did Malcolm call the black leaders that accepted financial support from liberal whites?
4. What television production portrayed the Black Muslims as a black nationalist hate group in 1959?
(a) "The Weather Underground Documentary."
(b) "A Twisted Definition of Hate."
(d) "The Hate That Hate Produced."
5. In what year did "sit-ins" become an action used by the civil rights movement?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cone, what did Malcolm alienate in Chapter 6?
2. How many demands did the black community make of the Montgomery Bus company to stop the boycott?
3. What was the North described as during the "antebellum" period?
4. Who made the following statement: "If King loses, worse leaders are going to take his place"?
5. From where did Martin Luther King, Jr. derive the expression the "American Dream"?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)