|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Two Roads to Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the North described as during the "antebellum" period?
2. In what year was school segregation declared unconstitutional?
3. What did blacks believe having faith in would deliver them from the KKK and other white hate groups?
(a) "The God of the Southern Black Baptist."
(b) "God on Earth."
(c) "The God of the Bible."
4. Which U.S. President did King claim would not speak in major Southern cities?
5. In front of which U.S. President did Martin Luther King, Jr. first speak about the "American Dream"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine's interview with Martin Luther King, Jr. seemed to speak to Martin's dismissal of Malcolm as a "significant, creative black leader"?
2. To what did Malcolm compare America's downfall in Chapter 6?
3. On what date did King make his first major speech to the nation?
4. According to Chapter 3, what did Cone say most people thought King centered his thoughts and actions upon?
5. What did Malcolm compare himself to when he spoke of his sinking to "the very bottom of the American white man's society"?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)