|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group do the snipers try to convince of their effectiveness?
2. What does Hathcock turn to during that time?
3. What award was given to the solider posthumously?
4. Hathcock's wife wants him to get what kind of a job?
5. What year was it when Hathcock returned home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of Land's tour that gets him into trouble with his commanding officer?
2. What is unusual about the information regarding the farmer? Why is it unusual?
3. What is Hathcock's answer when an intelligence officer asks about his shooting accuracy?
4. What is Hathcock's life like after he returned home?
5. How does Land react to Hathcock's actions?
6. How does Hathcock take the information given by the spy?
7. What is the next assignment for Land's sniper platoon? Where is it located?
8. Who steps forward to help Hathcock in this new venture?
9. How does Hathcock handle the situation with the new platoon?
10. How does Hathcock flush out the female spy conversing with enemy snipers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Toward the end of the book, Hathcock is involved in a very serious fire. Discuss the scenario in detail. What was the extent of Hathcock's injuries? Why did Hathcock get injured? What could have been done to prevent the incident? What did Hathcock do to make the situation better or worse? What was the result of the incident? What was the enemy trying to do? Did they succeed? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in detail the facts and statistics about the Vietnam War. Why was there a war? Was it technically defined as a war? Explain. What were the reasons behind the US military involvement in Vietnam? How many soldiers were sent over? How many casualties were there? When did the war begin and end? What was proven? Who won?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the world of competition shooting. Why was Hathcock so drawn to the sport? What does it entail? What skills does one have to possess to be successful as a shooter, either for sport or as a profession? Did Hathcock have any skills that gave him an advantage over the other contestants? Describe in detail Hathcock's win at the competition at Camp Perry.
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)