|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the award for?
(c) Mental acuity.
(d) Physical endurance.
2. What formation was Hathcock required to make during the competition?
3. The enemy sniper is often questioned about which of the following?
(b) Sexual preference.
4. How might Hathcock's wife find out about his real assignment?
(a) His mother.
(c) Returning soldier.
(d) Company quartermaster.
5. What/who followed immediately after the sniper team left the scene?
(a) Artillery barrage.
(c) Clean up squad.
(d) Infantry unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mode of transportation is used in this scene?
2. What weapons were given to the spotters?
3. The author says that the Marines move like which of the following?
4. What is the estimated aged of the people in the group?
5. How long is the cover?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first group of sniper instructors organized by Land.
2. Examine Hathcock's story about his shooting expertise in competitions.
3. Explain the purpose for the school and Land's involvement in it.
4. What activities was Hathcock involved in outside the Marine Corps?
5. What physical ailments impaired Hathcock's life?
6. Why is Land upset by the position of the sniper teams? What happens?
7. Describe Hathcock's views as he looks back on his childhood and plans on becoming a Marine.
8. How does the author describe the enemy soldiers?
9. Describe the first scene in which Hathcock appears with a gun. When did the scene take place?
10. How long is the enemy held captive? What do Hathcock and Burke do during that time?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)