|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What structure is nearby?
2. What is the name of Hathcock's wife?
3. During this time Hathcock finds what iconic symbol?
(b) Flattened bullet.
(c) Enemy sniper's tooth.
(d) Finger bone.
4. What river is near the patrol area?
(a) Ca De Song.
(d) Viet cong.
5. What two job positions always work together?
(a) Sniper and scout.
(b) Spotter and scout.
(c) Sniper and spotter.
(d) Scout and quartermaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does the Marine always wear?
2. Symptoms of what illness begin to appear at this time?
3. What award does Hathcock talk about?
4. Near which town/region is the scene set?
5. What school did the officer run?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hathcock's actions and how he won the championship.
2. What activities was Hathcock involved in outside the Marine Corps?
3. Describe Hathcock's views as he looks back on his childhood and plans on becoming a Marine.
4. Examine Hathcock's story about his shooting expertise in competitions.
5. Why was the character so famous? What made him important enough to be the topic of a biography?
6. How does the author describe the enemy soldiers?
7. Who was Hathcock's partner when he accompanied the long range patrol? Where was the operation?
8. What physical ailments impaired Hathcock's life?
9. What incident leaves Hathcock worried about his home life and future?
10. Explain what happened after the crowd realizes Hathcock and Burke are firing on them.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)