|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mode of transportation is used in this scene?
2. In what month does the scene take place?
3. What disease struck the man later in life?
(a) Multiple Sclerosis.
(b) Lou Gehrig's disease.
(c) Parkinson's disease.
4. Who are the two most experienced people in the group watched by the sniper and spotter?
(a) Platoon leader and corporal.
(b) General and captain.
(c) Senior NCO and company commander.
(d) Doctor and head nurse.
5. How might Hathcock's wife find out about his real assignment?
(a) His mother.
(b) Company quartermaster.
(c) Returning soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What area do the Americans cover that the Vietcong does not?
2. What was the award for?
3. In what year was the award won?
4. At this point how long had Hathcock been in Vietnam?
5. What weapon did the boy carry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hathcock's views as he looks back on his childhood and plans on becoming a Marine.
2. What symbol was Hathcock best known for? What name was he known by because of it?
3. Explain the purpose for the school and Land's involvement in it.
4. Who is the main target of the teams? Why?
5. Describe the formation and weapons used by the teams.
6. Hathcock reminisces about his meeting with whom? How did the men meet?
7. What was Hathcock's experience with the NVA company? Who was a part of the company? How many were there?
8. Later that same day, Hathcock makes the longest confirmed shot of his career. What was the distance and the wound inflicted?
9. Describe the first group of sniper instructors organized by Land.
10. What physical ailments impaired Hathcock's life?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)