|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective best describes the people in the group?
2. What is the name of Hathcock's wife?
3. What is another term used to mean "leave"?
(a) Bug out.
(b) Fall away.
4. Which was one of the character's jobs?
(b) Platoon leader.
(d) Marksmanship instructor.
5. How old is the target?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Hathcock switch roles?
2. In what month does the scene take place?
3. The author refers to the torture by the enemy as:
4. What is the effective range of the .50 caliber gun?
5. How many people are in the group?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first scene in which Hathcock appears with a gun. When did the scene take place?
2. Later that same day, Hathcock makes the longest confirmed shot of his career. What was the distance and the wound inflicted?
3. Who was Hathcock's partner when he accompanied the long range patrol? Where was the operation?
4. Describe the scene in which Hathcock encounters the presence of a young boy. What unusual occurrence took place? What was the result?
5. Describe Hathcock's actions and how he won the championship.
6. What activities was Hathcock involved in outside the Marine Corps?
7. Explain the purpose for the school and Land's involvement in it.
8. Describe the first group of sniper instructors organized by Land.
9. Who is the subject of the biography? What are his statistics and military status?
10. Examine Hathcock's story about his shooting expertise in competitions.
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)