|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author says that the Marines move like which of the following?
(a) Molasses in January.
(b) Snake in the grass.
(c) Hammer to an anvil.
(d) White water rapids.
2. How far away is Da Nang?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 8 miles.
(d) 14 miles.
3. What adjective best describes the people in the group?
4. In what year did the main character die?
5. How many confirmed kills did the character have?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the main character born?
2. How far away was the jungle from the second attack?
3. What is the name of Hathcock's wife?
4. What two job positions always work together?
5. What mode of transportation is used in this scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What incident leaves Hathcock worried about his home life and future?
2. Later that same day, Hathcock makes the longest confirmed shot of his career. What was the distance and the wound inflicted?
3. Describe the first scene in which Hathcock appears with a gun. When did the scene take place?
4. Explain what happened after the crowd realizes Hathcock and Burke are firing on them.
5. Why was the character so famous? What made him important enough to be the topic of a biography?
6. What physical ailments impaired Hathcock's life?
7. In the second scene, Hathcock supports a larger operation. Who is involved in the operation? What formation is used?
8. What symbol was Hathcock best known for? What name was he known by because of it?
9. Describe the formation and weapons used by the teams.
10. Describe Hathcock's views as he looks back on his childhood and plans on becoming a Marine.
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)