|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What orders did Hathcock have?
(a) Top secret mission.
(c) On leave.
2. How long is Hathcock's recovery?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 1 month.
3. How does the author describe Hathcock's new platoon leader?
(a) Militant patriot.
(c) Worthless slob.
(d) Lazy drug addict.
4. What nationality is the target?
5. What is the name of the next, larger operation?
(a) Hamburger Hill.
(b) Song De Song.
(c) Rio Blanco.
(d) Rio Bravo.
6. What is another term for "secretive"?
(a) Need to know.
(b) Cloak and dagger.
7. Who is the mysterious target?
(a) A white man.
(b) No one knows.
(c) A foreign spy.
(d) A high ranking government official.
8. The man in control of the mission most likely works for which agency?
9. Hathcock and others face enemies at what location?
(b) Mess hall.
(c) Rice field.
10. How many men were committed to combat at that time?
11. Hathcock learns that one of the following was killed in action. Who was it?
12. Hathcock and Burke are careful to avoid what?
(a) Ambush site.
(b) Edge of jungle.
(d) Rice paddy.
13. What team goes out on patrol?
(a) Mitchell and Simpson.
(b) Land and Reinke.
(c) Hathcock and Burke.
(d) Wilson and Roberts.
14. What award was given to the solider posthumously?
(a) Congressional Medal of Honor.
(b) Navy Cross.
(c) Silver Star.
(d) Purple Heart.
15. What adjective best describes Hathcock's view of the enemy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the special mission of the enemy?
2. Who makes an error in a battle demonstration?
3. Where does Hathcock get shot?
4. Who throws a wrench into the operation?
5. Near what location is the new operation?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)