|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author refers to the torture by the enemy as:
2. What group of people is spotted by Hathcock?
(a) Red Cross workers.
(c) Chinese farmers.
(d) Fellow soldiers.
3. What gun did Hathcock use in competition?
(a) Remington 870 Tactical.
(b) Mossberg 835.
(c) Glock 9mm.
(d) .300 Winchester Magnum.
4. What is another term used to mean "leave"?
(b) Fall away.
(c) Bug out.
5. What river is near the patrol area?
(a) Ca De Song.
(c) Viet cong.
6. What mode of transportation is used in this scene?
7. With whom did Hathcock meet in the first part of his tour?
(a) Major Jacobs.
(b) Captain Land.
(c) Sergeant Burke.
(d) Colonel McAbee.
8. How far away is Da Nang?
(a) 8 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 14 miles.
(d) 3 miles.
9. In what month does the scene take place?
10. What weapon did the boy carry?
(a) Buck knife.
(c) Land mine.
11. To what location does the team return?
(a) Hill 55.
(c) Da Nang.
(d) Duc Pho.
12. At this point how long had Hathcock been in Vietnam?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 1 year.
13. By the end of the day the Marine has killed how many people?
14. During this time Hathcock finds what iconic symbol?
(a) Finger bone.
(c) Flattened bullet.
(d) Enemy sniper's tooth.
15. What two job positions always work together?
(a) Sniper and spotter.
(b) Sniper and scout.
(c) Spotter and scout.
(d) Scout and quartermaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. How might Hathcock's wife find out about his real assignment?
2. Which is not among the valleys listed?
3. Symptoms of what illness begin to appear at this time?
4. What is the character's first name?
5. What is the effective range of the .50 caliber gun?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)