Chapters 1 and 2
• Reader is introduced to Carlos Hathcock.
• Hathcock is a Marine sniper.
• Hathcock has 93 confirmed kills.
• Author details basic history of the sniper.
• Hathcock and others are stationed at Hill 55.
• Hathcock was a champion shooter.
• Hathcock is 25 years old by the end of Chapter 2.
Chapters 3, 4 and 5
• Hathcock and Burke are a sniper/scout team.
• The men patrol Elephant Valley.
• The men target a group of NVA soldiers.
• There are many casualties.
• Hathcock and Burke surround the enemy for four days.
• Many of the enemy are dead.
• Hathcock talks about his competitive skills and awards.
• Hathcock and Burke eventually bug out and are replaced by artillery fire.
Chapters 6, 7, 8, and 9
• Jo learns about Hathcock's activities through the local newspaper.
• Hathcock will not reenlist.
• Hathcock had been in Vietnam for five months.
• Author details Hathcock's meeting with Captain Land.
• Author discusses basic Vietnam information.
• Hathcock's colleagues are discussed.
• Weapons are...
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)