|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Marie Antoinette executed?
(a) She was stoned.
(b) She was shot.
(c) She was hanged.
(d) She was beheaded.
2. How old was the young dauphin when he was taken into prison?
3. How did Antoinette's dress change in the year 1785?
(a) Her dress became more Hungarian.
(b) Her dress became more conservative.
(c) Her dress became more provocative.
(d) Her dress became more severe.
4. How did Antoinette react when Louis fell into a deep depression about France's continued upheaval?
(a) She ignored him completely.
(b) She took over as lead politician in France.
(c) She refused him access to their children.
(d) She hired doctors from all over Europe to cure him.
5. During what month of the year was Louis officially suspended from his reinstated position as king?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives was NOT used to describe Antoinette's behavior during her execution?
2. What nickname was the young dauphin given by those in favor of keeping the monarchy?
3. Which of the following people was held hostage by the two political parties as they struggled to come to an agreement of who should be in charge of the French government?
4. What disease did the young dauphin likely suffer from?
5. Before Antoinette's trial, how many queens had historically been executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Antoinette nicknamed "Madame Excess"?
2. What was Antoinette's initial reaction to the news that she and her family would be relocated to Tuilieres?
3. Why did Antoinette find it immediately necessary to produce a second heir to the throne?
4. Why didn't Marie Antoinette ever escape life in exile when she was given the opportunity?
5. How was Antoinette recaptured during her one escape attempt from imprisonment?
6. What political conflict continued between the two major political parties after Louis XVI's execution?
7. What was Antoinette's final request to her children in the days before her execution?
8. How did the world react to the birth of the new dauphin, Louis Joseph?
9. What controversial decision did the Pope make after Louis XVI's death, and how was it received by the public?
10. Why was a cardinal arrested soon after the birth of Antoinette's second son?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)