|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Antoinette successfully encourage to escape exile?
(a) Joseph Weber.
(b) Count Mercy.
(c) Count Fersen.
(d) Marie Therese.
2. How did Antoinette react when Louis fell into a deep depression about France's continued upheaval?
(a) She refused him access to their children.
(b) She took over as lead politician in France.
(c) She ignored him completely.
(d) She hired doctors from all over Europe to cure him.
3. What was Antoinette's reaction to the head brought to her room?
(a) She began to weep.
(b) She fainted.
(c) She laughed.
(d) She vomited.
4. How did Antoinette's appearance change in the year 1785?
(a) She gained weight.
(b) She unexpectedly grew two inches.
(c) She had her teeth remade.
(d) She lost weight.
5. During what month of the year was Louis officially suspended from his reinstated position as king?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was immediately noticed about Sophie at the time of her birth?
2. Aside from execution, what was the other possible sentence for Antoinette's crimes?
3. How did Louis react to the rumors that he had not fathered the dauphin?
4. Who did the young dauphin cry out for at night while in prison?
5. Why didn't Antoinette want to purchase the elaborate piece of jewelry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence was brought against Antoinette during her trial?
2. What was the reaction from the public when they heard that Louis XVI had returned to the throne?
3. What happened to Marie Therese after her mother's death?
4. How did the angry mobs take out their anger on the noblemen across the country?
5. What was Antoinette's final request to her children in the days before her execution?
6. How did Antoinette find herself in a position where she had to make important decisions about the French government during the political upheaval?
7. How did the public react to Antoinette's execution?
8. How was Antoinette recaptured during her one escape attempt from imprisonment?
9. Why didn't Antoinette want to purchase the elaborate diamond necklace brought to her by the jewelry hawker?
10. Why did Antoinette find it immediately necessary to produce a second heir to the throne?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)