|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Antoinette's reaction to the news that nobility were being slaughtered all over the country?
(a) She was outraged and slapped the messenger.
(b) She did not hear this news.
(c) She was silent as long as her children were safe.
(d) She was confused, and repeatedly asked questions about the attacks.
2. Which of the following people was NOT present in Antoinette's only escape attempt?
(a) King Louis.
(b) Marie Therese
(c) Count Fersen.
(d) The young dauphin.
3. How was Louis executed?
(a) He was drown.
(b) He was hanged.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He was beheaded.
4. How did Antoinette's appearance change during the years when she was in exile?
(a) Her hair turned white.
(b) She lost weight.
(c) Her teeth fell out.
(d) Her fingernails turned yellow and then brown.
5. How old was Marie Therese when she was freed from exile in the towers?
(b) She was never released from the towers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Sophie when she died?
2. Which of the following item carriage items broke, slowing down Antoinette's escape from exile?
3. Who was the only member of the family that held out hope that the young dauphin would survive his childhood?
4. Who was Antoinette accused of having a sexual relationship with during her trial, causing her to lash out at her captors?
5. How old was the young dauphin when he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Antoinette, which of her family members was in the most danger at the time of their imprisonment?
2. How did the public react to Antoinette's execution?
3. When was Antoinette's second son born, and what was the reaction to his birth?
4. What was Antoinette's final request to her children in the days before her execution?
5. How did Antoinette change in the year of her thirtieth birthday?
6. Why was Antoinette nicknamed "Madame Excess"?
7. Why didn't Marie Antoinette ever escape life in exile when she was given the opportunity?
8. How did Louis Charles adjust to life in exile?
9. What happened to Marie Therese after her mother's death?
10. Why did Antoinette find it immediately necessary to produce a second heir to the throne?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)