|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following item carriage items broke, slowing down Antoinette's escape from exile?
(a) The reins.
(b) The harness.
(c) The wheel.
(d) The axel.
2. After the birth of her fourth child, what was Antoinette's nickname?
(a) Madame Mother.
(b) Madame France.
(c) Madame Excess.
(d) Madame Fertility.
3. How old was the young dauphin when he was taken into prison?
4. Who was the only member of the family that held out hope that the young dauphin would survive his childhood?
(d) Marie Therese.
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the young dauphin's time in prison?
(a) He was beaten by the guards.
(b) He was forced to drink wine.
(c) He was taught rough language.
(d) He was regularly starved.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Antoinette's mind, whose life was most in danger during their time in exile?
2. How was the Pope's decision to call Louis' death a martyrdom received by the French people?
3. Who was Antoinette's second son given to immediately after his birth?
4. On what holiday was Antoinette's second son born?
5. Which of Antoinette's friends was rumored to be the father of her children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Antoinette's brother, Leopold, react to the news that Antoinette and her family were imprisoned?
2. What was Antoinette's initial reaction to the news that she and her family would be relocated to Tuilieres?
3. Why didn't Antoinette want to purchase the elaborate diamond necklace brought to her by the jewelry hawker?
4. How did the young dauphin die?
5. How did the angry mobs take out their anger on the noblemen across the country?
6. What political conflict continued between the two major political parties after Louis XVI's execution?
7. How did the introduction of the new constitution change life for Louis XVI and his family?
8. How did the public react to Antoinette's execution?
9. When was Antoinette's second son born, and what was the reaction to his birth?
10. How did Antoinette find herself in a position where she had to make important decisions about the French government during the political upheaval?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)