|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Sophie die?
(a) She died peacefully, in her sleep.
(b) She died in a fit of seizures.
(c) She died of small pox.
(d) She accidentally drown while taking a bath.
2. Whose daughter would later become the next queen of France?
3. How did Antoinette react when Louis fell into a deep depression about France's continued upheaval?
(a) She took over as lead politician in France.
(b) She refused him access to their children.
(c) She hired doctors from all over Europe to cure him.
(d) She ignored him completely.
4. Which of the following men was stripped of his title in the court case following the purchase of Antoinette's jewelry?
(a) The Commander in Chief.
(b) The Cardinal.
(c) The Duke.
(d) The Lord.
5. How old was the young dauphin when he was taken into prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. Aside from execution, what was the other possible sentence for Antoinette's crimes?
2. How did Antoinette's dress change in the year 1785?
3. What was immediately noticed about Sophie at the time of her birth?
4. In what year was Antoinette executed?
5. Which of the following royal family members was completely omitted from the new constitution when it was written during their exile?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Louis Charles adjust to life in exile?
2. What evidence was brought against Antoinette during her trial?
3. Why didn't Antoinette want to purchase the elaborate diamond necklace brought to her by the jewelry hawker?
4. How did the public react to Antoinette's execution?
5. What was Antoinette's initial reaction to the news that she and her family would be relocated to Tuilieres?
6. How did Antoinette change in the year of her thirtieth birthday?
7. According to Antoinette, which of her family members was in the most danger at the time of their imprisonment?
8. Why was Marie Antoinette's trial and execution considered to be a historic event?
9. How did the introduction of the new constitution change life for Louis XVI and his family?
10. How did the angry mobs take out their anger on the noblemen across the country?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)