|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what holiday was Antoinette's second son born?
(a) Christmas Morning.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) Easter Sunday.
(d) Valentine's Day.
2. Who was Antoinette accused of having a sexual relationship with during her trial, causing her to lash out at her captors?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her son.
3. According to the text, who spent the majority of the money in France, leading to the desperate economy?
(b) Louis' sisters.
(c) King Louis XVI.
(d) Antoinette's children.
4. Why did Antoinette continue to refuse to escape from the towers?
(a) Because she didn't think she was strong enough to escape.
(b) Because she knew she wasn't guilty.
(c) Because she didn't want to leave her children behind.
(d) Because she was too afraid.
5. Who purchased the piece of elaborate and expensive jewelry on Antoinette behalf, even after she claimed that she didn't want it?
(a) Princesse de Lamballe.
(b) The King.
(c) Count Fersen.
(d) It was unknown who purchased the jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color dress did Antoinette wear on her execution day?
2. How did Sophie die?
3. What was the young dauphin's real name?
4. Why didn't Antoinette want to purchase the elaborate piece of jewelry?
5. In Antoinette's mind, whose life was most in danger during their time in exile?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Marie Antoinette ever escape life in exile when she was given the opportunity?
2. What was life like for Antoinette in the first few months of her imprisonment?
3. What was Antoinette's initial reaction to the news that she and her family would be relocated to Tuilieres?
4. What was Antoinette's final request to her children in the days before her execution?
5. What was the reaction from the people when Louis XVI was executed?
6. When was Antoinette's second son born, and what was the reaction to his birth?
7. How did the young dauphin die?
8. What evidence was brought against Antoinette during her trial?
9. Why was a cardinal arrested soon after the birth of Antoinette's second son?
10. How did the angry mobs take out their anger on the noblemen across the country?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)