|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Antoinette's siblings was "overcome with joy" at the news of the dauphin's birth?
2. Aside from execution, what was the other possible sentence for Antoinette's crimes?
(a) Hard labor.
(d) Execution was the only possible sentence.
3. Who did Antoinette encourage the young dauphin to remember when they were on vacation for the first time since their captivity?
(a) The poor.
(b) The sick.
(c) The orphans.
(d) The elderly.
4. Which of the following people was NOT present in Antoinette's only escape attempt?
(a) Count Fersen.
(b) Marie Therese
(c) The young dauphin.
(d) King Louis.
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the young dauphin's time in prison?
(a) He was regularly starved.
(b) He was forced to drink wine.
(c) He was taught rough language.
(d) He was beaten by the guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Antoinette executed?
2. How was the Pope's decision to call Louis' death a martyrdom received by the French people?
3. During what season of the year was Louis XVI executed?
4. What disease did the young dauphin likely suffer from?
5. What part of the young dauphin's appearance was most affected by his disease?
Short Essay Questions
1. What political conflict continued between the two major political parties after Louis XVI's execution?
2. What happened to Marie Therese after her mother's death?
3. How did the angry mobs take out their anger on the noblemen across the country?
4. What was the reaction from the people when Louis XVI was executed?
5. What crime was Antoinette convicted of during her trial?
6. Why was a cardinal arrested soon after the birth of Antoinette's second son?
7. What was the reaction from the public when they heard that Louis XVI had returned to the throne?
8. Why didn't Marie Antoinette ever escape life in exile when she was given the opportunity?
9. Why did Antoinette find it immediately necessary to produce a second heir to the throne?
10. What was life like for Antoinette in the first few months of her imprisonment?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)