|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Antoinette's siblings was "overcome with joy" at the news of the dauphin's birth?
2. How old was Marie Therese when she was freed from exile in the towers?
(a) She was never released from the towers.
3. Why wouldn't Antoinette's brother help his sister and her family out of exile?
(a) Because her exile was good for him politically.
(b) Because there was no possible way for him to help.
(c) Because he was threated with death if he were to intervene.
(d) Because he was always jealous of Antoinette's power.
4. In the entire span of his exile, how long did Louis XVI spend outside of the towers?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Five days.
(c) Five months.
(d) Five weeks.
5. How many years after Antoinette's execution did Fersen die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the reaction from the crowd that gathered to watch Louis' execution?
2. What elaborate and expensive piece of jewelry did Antoinette get in trouble for not purchasing?
3. What was Antoinette's reaction to the news that nobility were being slaughtered all over the country?
4. Where did the young dauphin die?
5. Where did Louis' aunts escape to during their time in exile?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the young dauphin die?
2. According to Antoinette, which of her family members was in the most danger at the time of their imprisonment?
3. What was the reaction from the people when Louis XVI was executed?
4. Why was Antoinette nicknamed "Madame Excess"?
5. How did Antoinette's brother, Leopold, react to the news that Antoinette and her family were imprisoned?
6. Why didn't Marie Antoinette ever escape life in exile when she was given the opportunity?
7. Why did Antoinette find it immediately necessary to produce a second heir to the throne?
8. What political conflict continued between the two major political parties after Louis XVI's execution?
9. How did the public react to Antoinette's execution?
10. What happened to Marie Therese after her mother's death?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)