|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the screaming mobs who frequently attacked the castle, demand?
(a) For the king to be reinstated.
(b) All of Antoinette's jewels.
(c) For the dauphin to be handed over to them.
(d) The elimination of the king.
2. Whose head was brought to Antoinette's bedroom after an execution?
(a) King Louis.
(b) The young dauphin.
(c) Count Fersen.
(d) Princesse de Lamballe.
3. How old was Sophie when she died?
(a) Three months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Twelve months.
(d) Six months.
4. During the mob attack in the castle, how did Antoinette and the children escape?
(a) Through a secret passageway.
(b) Through the broken front gate.
(c) Through the window.
(d) Through the burned front door.
5. What color dress did Antoinette wear on her execution day?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose daughter would later become the next queen of France?
2. During what season of the year was Louis XVI executed?
3. Why wouldn't Antoinette's brother help his sister and her family out of exile?
4. Which of Antoinette's friends was rumored to be the father of her children?
5. What disease did the young dauphin likely suffer from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Antoinette's initial reaction to the news that she and her family would be relocated to Tuilieres?
2. Why didn't Antoinette want to purchase the elaborate diamond necklace brought to her by the jewelry hawker?
3. What controversial decision did the Pope make after Louis XVI's death, and how was it received by the public?
4. How did Sophie die?
5. What was the reaction from the public when they heard that Louis XVI had returned to the throne?
6. When was Antoinette's second son born, and what was the reaction to his birth?
7. What crime was Antoinette convicted of during her trial?
8. Why was Marie Antoinette's trial and execution considered to be a historic event?
9. What was Antoinette's final request to her children in the days before her execution?
10. How did Antoinette's brother, Leopold, react to the news that Antoinette and her family were imprisoned?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)