|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what holiday was Antoinette's second son born?
(a) Christmas Morning.
(b) Valentine's Day.
(c) Easter Sunday.
(d) New Year's Day.
2. After the birth of her fourth child, what was Antoinette's nickname?
(a) Madame France.
(b) Madame Mother.
(c) Madame Excess.
(d) Madame Fertility.
3. How was Marie Antoinette executed?
(a) She was beheaded.
(b) She was hanged.
(c) She was stoned.
(d) She was shot.
4. How was Louis executed?
(a) He was drown.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He was hanged.
(d) He was beheaded.
5. During what season of the year was Louis XVI executed?
6. For what did the Pope claim Louis XVI was martyred?
(a) His politics.
(b) His sexuality.
(c) His religion.
(d) His namesake.
7. How many years after Antoinette's execution did Fersen die?
8. In what year was Antoinette executed?
9. How did life for Antoinette and her children change after Louis XVI's execution?
(a) Life greatly improved - they were set free.
(b) Life improved slightly.
(c) Life remained the same.
(d) Life beame slightly worse.
10. Instead of purchasing jewelry, what did Antoinette prefer to spend her money on?
(a) Interior decorating.
(b) New dresses, as she never wore one twice.
(c) Toys for her children.
(d) Bread for the poor.
11. What did the screaming mobs who frequently attacked the castle, demand?
(a) All of Antoinette's jewels.
(b) For the king to be reinstated.
(c) The elimination of the king.
(d) For the dauphin to be handed over to them.
12. How did Antoinette's dress change in the year 1785?
(a) Her dress became more conservative.
(b) Her dress became more Hungarian.
(c) Her dress became more provocative.
(d) Her dress became more severe.
13. During the upheaval in France, which country begged to have France come to their aid during battle, but the French government had to refuse?
14. During Antoinette's only escape from exile, how long did she manage to sneak away before being recaptured?
(a) One month.
(b) One day.
(c) One year.
(d) One week.
15. During the mob attack in the castle, how did Antoinette and the children escape?
(a) Through the burned front door.
(b) Through the broken front gate.
(c) Through the window.
(d) Through a secret passageway.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the young dauphin die?
2. Who did Antoinette encourage the young dauphin to remember when they were on vacation for the first time since their captivity?
3. Which of the following item carriage items broke, slowing down Antoinette's escape from exile?
4. Which of Antoinette's brothers refuses to help when he hears that Antoinette and her family are in exile?
5. Who did the young dauphin cry out for at night while in prison?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)