|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was immediately noticed about Sophie at the time of her birth?
(a) That she looked small and unhealthy.
(b) That she was the spitting image of her mother.
(c) That she looked nothing like Louis XVI.
(d) That she looked large and healthy.
2. How many of Louis' aunts made the escape from exile?
3. Immediately upon being taken into exile, what did Antoinette realize was the fate of her family?
(a) That she was destined to die.
(b) That her daughter would be married off.
(c) That her son would become king before his time.
(d) That her husband was destined to die.
4. How old was the young dauphin when he died?
5. How many years after Antoinette's execution did Fersen die?
6. How did Antoinette's appearance change during the years when she was in exile?
(a) Her teeth fell out.
(b) Her hair turned white.
(c) She lost weight.
(d) Her fingernails turned yellow and then brown.
7. Why did Antoinette continue to refuse to escape from the towers?
(a) Because she didn't want to leave her children behind.
(b) Because she was too afraid.
(c) Because she didn't think she was strong enough to escape.
(d) Because she knew she wasn't guilty.
8. Whose head was brought to Antoinette's bedroom after an execution?
(a) Count Fersen.
(b) King Louis.
(c) The young dauphin.
(d) Princesse de Lamballe.
9. How old was Sophie when she died?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Twelve months.
10. Which of the following item carriage items broke, slowing down Antoinette's escape from exile?
(a) The reins.
(b) The wheel.
(c) The axel.
(d) The harness.
11. How was the Pope's decision to call Louis' death a martyrdom received by the French people?
(a) They were outraged.
(b) They were confused.
(c) They were pleased.
(d) They were saddened.
12. How did life for Antoinette and her children change after Louis XVI's execution?
(a) Life beame slightly worse.
(b) Life improved slightly.
(c) Life greatly improved - they were set free.
(d) Life remained the same.
13. In Antoinette's mind, whose life was most in danger during their time in exile?
(a) Her son's.
(b) Her husband's.
(c) Her daughter's.
(d) Her own.
14. What color dress did Antoinette wear on her execution day?
15. What nickname was the young dauphin given by those in favor of keeping the monarchy?
(a) Little Louis.
(b) Louis Junior.
(c) Louis XVII.
(d) The Junior King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't King Louis XVI flee with the rest of the nobles during the attack on the palace.
2. Where did the young dauphin die?
3. Which of the following people was NOT present in Antoinette's only escape attempt?
4. What caused Antoinette's extreme depression during the upheaval of France?
5. Where was the young dauphin raised so he would not be seen by the public as he battled his illness?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)