|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of prisoners were held in "The Conciergerie"?
(a) Political prisoners.
(b) Violent prisoners.
(c) Religous prisoners.
(d) Youth prisoners.
2. Why didn't King Louis XVI flee with the rest of the nobles during the attack on the palace.
(a) He didn't realize the full danger he was in.
(b) He thought he could regain the throne.
(c) He didn't want to be known as a fugitive king.
(d) All of the answers are true.
3. Which of Antoinette's brothers refuses to help when he hears that Antoinette and her family are in exile?
4. Who did Antoinette successfully encourage to escape exile?
(a) Joseph Weber.
(b) Count Mercy.
(c) Marie Therese.
(d) Count Fersen.
5. Whose head was brought to Antoinette's bedroom after an execution?
(a) Princesse de Lamballe.
(b) Count Fersen.
(c) King Louis.
(d) The young dauphin.
6. In what year was Antoinette executed?
7. Who did the young dauphin cry out for at night while in prison?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wetnurse.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
8. During what month of the year was Antoinette executed?
9. Who brought hard evidence against Antoinette during her court trial?
(a) There was no hard evidence, only rumors and gossip.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her former lovers.
(d) Her best friends and confidants.
10. How did Antoinette's appearance change in the year 1785?
(a) She gained weight.
(b) She had her teeth remade.
(c) She lost weight.
(d) She unexpectedly grew two inches.
11. During Antoinette's only escape from exile, how long did she manage to sneak away before being recaptured?
(a) One day.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One year.
12. How old was Marie Therese when she was freed from exile in the towers?
(a) She was never released from the towers.
13. How was the Pope's decision to call Louis' death a martyrdom received by the French people?
(a) They were saddened.
(b) They were confused.
(c) They were pleased.
(d) They were outraged.
14. Which of Antoinette's siblings was "overcome with joy" at the news of the dauphin's birth?
15. How did Antoinette's appearance change during the years when she was in exile?
(a) Her fingernails turned yellow and then brown.
(b) Her hair turned white.
(c) She lost weight.
(d) Her teeth fell out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Antoinette's friends was rumored to be the father of her children?
2. What was Antoinette's reaction to the news that nobility were being slaughtered all over the country?
3. Who did Antoinette encourage the young dauphin to remember when they were on vacation for the first time since their captivity?
4. Which of the following adjectives was NOT used to describe Antoinette's behavior during her execution?
5. How old was Sophie when she died?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)