|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special birthday did Antoinette celebrate in the year 1785?
(a) Her 18th birthday.
(b) Her 21st birthday.
(c) Her 40th birthday.
(d) Her 30th birthday.
2. How old was the young dauphin when he was taken into prison?
3. Who did Antoinette successfully encourage to escape exile?
(a) Marie Therese.
(b) Joseph Weber.
(c) Count Mercy.
(d) Count Fersen.
4. In Antoinette's mind, whose life was most in danger during their time in exile?
(a) Her husband's.
(b) Her own.
(c) Her daughter's.
(d) Her son's.
5. During Antoinette's only escape from exile, how long did she manage to sneak away before being recaptured?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
6. Instead of purchasing jewelry, what did Antoinette prefer to spend her money on?
(a) Bread for the poor.
(b) Interior decorating.
(c) Toys for her children.
(d) New dresses, as she never wore one twice.
7. Aside from execution, what was the other possible sentence for Antoinette's crimes?
(a) Hard labor.
(b) Execution was the only possible sentence.
8. Who did Antoinette regularly write letters to during the upheaval in France?
(a) Princesse de Lamballe.
(b) Her sister, Elizabeth.
(c) Her brother, Joseph.
(d) Count Mercy.
9. Why wouldn't Antoinette's brother help his sister and her family out of exile?
(a) Because her exile was good for him politically.
(b) Because he was threated with death if he were to intervene.
(c) Because there was no possible way for him to help.
(d) Because he was always jealous of Antoinette's power.
10. What was the young dauphin's real name?
(a) Stephen Charles.
(b) Louis Charles.
(c) Louis Stephen.
(d) Charles Louis.
11. Where did Louis' aunts escape to during their time in exile?
12. How old was Marie Therese when she was freed from exile in the towers?
(d) She was never released from the towers.
13. In the entire span of his exile, how long did Louis XVI spend outside of the towers?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Five days.
(c) Five months.
(d) Five weeks.
14. Who did the young dauphin cry out for at night while in prison?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wetnurse.
(d) His sister.
15. After the birth of her fourth child, what was Antoinette's nickname?
(a) Madame Excess.
(b) Madame France.
(c) Madame Fertility.
(d) Madame Mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of prisoners were held in "The Conciergerie"?
2. In what year did the young dauphin die?
3. What part of the young dauphin's appearance was most affected by his disease?
4. What formal crime was Antoinette on trial for?
5. Which of Antoinette's brothers refuses to help when he hears that Antoinette and her family are in exile?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)