|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Antoinette's family members hoped to see Antoinette exert German power in France immediately upon taking the trhone?
(d) Maria Teresa.
2. Whose advice did Louis XVI rely on for political guidance upon taking over the French throne?
(a) His grandmother's.
(b) His aunts'.
(c) His father's.
(d) His wife's.
3. To which of the following objects did Marie Teresa compare her children?
(a) Pawns on a chessboard.
(b) Flowers in bloom.
(c) Pieces of a puzzle.
(d) Stars in the sky.
4. Where was Count Axel Fersen sent for his military duty?
(a) To Japan.
(b) To Germany.
(c) To Russia.
(d) To America.
5. How was Antoinette revived when she fainted during the birth of her first child?
(a) She was given smelling salts.
(b) The midwife threw cold water on her.
(c) The windows were thrown open.
(d) She was slapped across the face.
6. How did Louis XVI react when he heard that his first born child was a girl?
(a) He was angry.
(b) He was annoyed.
(c) He was apathetic.
(d) He was pleased.
7. What is the name of the spy Maria Teresa sent to court to keep notes on Antoinette?
(a) Count Black.
(b) Count Mercy.
(c) Count France.
(d) Count Hope.
8. Whose penmanship was better when Louis and Antoinette signed their marriage contract?
(a) Both Louis and Antoinette had equally beautiful penmanship.
(c) Neither child know how to sign their own names.
9. What was the name of Antoinette's beloved pet pug?
10. What number in the birth order was Marie Antoinette?
11. Which of the following people did NOT have a problem with the king's consort's presence in court?
(b) Louis XV.
(c) The ladies-in-waiting.
(d) Louis XVI.
12. What illness kept Antoinette away from her newborn baby just weeks after it was born?
13. Which of Marie Antoinette's brothers married Isabella of Parma?
14. In what year did Antoinette get her first period?
15. What was the name of Antoinette's foster brother, who was raised alongside her by the wet nurse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Prince Luis de Rohan well known for at the time of Antoinette's arrival in France?
2. Which of the following vices did Antoinette fall into during the time she was not interested in producing an heir?
3. How did Antoinette respond the first time Louis questioned whether or not she loved him.
4. During what month of the year did Antoinette and Louis rise to the throne in France?
5. How did Antoinette feel about the king's consort's presence in court?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)