|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the spy Maria Teresa sent to court to keep notes on Antoinette?
(a) Count Hope.
(b) Count Black.
(c) Count France.
(d) Count Mercy.
2. Which of her children did Maria Teresa share a birthday with?
(a) Marie Christine.
(b) Marie Antoinette.
3. Which of the following people did NOT have a problem with the king's consort's presence in court?
(a) Louis XVI.
(b) The ladies-in-waiting.
(c) Louis XV.
4. In what year did Antoinette get her first period?
5. Which of the following personality traits was NOT one Antoinette was taught to exude at all times by her mother?
6. Which of the following names was NOT one of Marie Antoinette's middle names upon birth?
7. Which of Antoinette's brothers regularly came to visit Antoinette in France?
8. How did the country of France first receive Antoinette when she rose to the throne.
(a) They were confused.
(b) They adored her.
(c) They ignored her.
(d) They despised her.
9. How many children did Isabella of Parma produce before her death?
10. What title did Marie Antoinette father hold?
(a) He held no title.
11. What was Marie Antoinette's father's name?
(a) Stephen Joseph.
(b) Leopold Francis.
(c) Francis Stephen.
(d) Joseph Leopold.
12. What was Prince Luis de Rohan well known for at the time of Antoinette's arrival in France?
(a) All of these answers are true.
13. Whose advice did Louis XVI rely on for political guidance upon taking over the French throne?
(a) His father's.
(b) His grandmother's.
(c) His wife's.
(d) His aunts'.
14. In which city was Antoinette handed over to her new husband?
15. Who put Antoinette and Louis to bed on their first married night together?
(a) Louis' mother.
(b) Louis' grandfather.
(c) Louis' grandmother.
(d) Louis' father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country's quest for independence did France become embroiled in during the first decade of Antoinette's rule?
2. How was Antoinette revived when she fainted during the birth of her first child?
3. What country was Count Axe Ferson from?
4. Which of the following courts was limited only to nobles?
5. Which of the following adjectives did NOT describe Louis XVI when Antoinette first met him?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)