|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Antoinette react to the news that she was officially queen of France?
(a) She began to sing.
(b) She fell to her knees in prayer.
(c) She burst out laughing.
(d) She fainted.
2. To which of the following objects did Marie Teresa compare her children?
(a) Stars in the sky.
(b) Flowers in bloom.
(c) Pieces of a puzzle.
(d) Pawns on a chessboard.
3. Where was Count Axel Fersen sent for his military duty?
(a) To America.
(b) To Russia.
(c) To Germany.
(d) To Japan.
4. What country was Count Axe Ferson from?
5. How many siblings-in-law did Antoinette inherit when she married Louis XVI?
6. Which of Antoinette's brothers regularly came to visit Antoinette in France?
7. How did the country of France first receive Antoinette when she rose to the throne.
(a) They ignored her.
(b) They were confused.
(c) They adored her.
(d) They despised her.
8. Which of the following famous musicians reportedly asked for Antoinette's hand in marriage?
9. In which city was Antoinette handed over to her new husband?
10. How many years into Antoinette's marriage did it take for her to produce a male heir to the throne?
(a) Eleven years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Nine years.
(d) Ten years.
11. What was the name of Antoinette's personal advisor who delivered the news of Teresa's death?
12. How did Antoinette respond the first time Louis questioned whether or not she loved him.
(a) She ignored his question completely.
(b) She assured him that she did.
(c) She told him the truth - that she did not.
(d) She laughed in his face.
13. Which of Antoinette's family members accused her of having "lost her bloom" at the tender age of fifteen?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
14. To which of the following European countries did Austria belong to at the time of Antoinette's birth?
15. Which of the following personality traits was NOT one Antoinette was taught to exude at all times by her mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Antoinette most want to honor in the naming of her first-born daughter?
2. Which of the following vices did Antoinette fall into during the time she was not interested in producing an heir?
3. Which of the following famous artists visited Antoinette during her first pregnancy with the hopes of earning her patronage?
4. Which of the following people did NOT have a problem with the king's consort's presence in court?
5. Whose penmanship was better when Louis and Antoinette signed their marriage contract?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)