|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country was Louis XVI from?
2. How many years into Antoinette's marriage did it take for her to produce a male heir to the throne?
(a) Eleven years.
(b) Nine years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Ten years.
3. How did Antoinette's father die?
(a) From a stroke.
(b) From yellow fever.
(c) From cancer.
(d) From smallpox.
4. How much older was Caroline than Marie Antoinette?
(a) Four years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Two years.
5. Which of the following adjectives best described Antoinette's brother Max's visit to Versailles in 1775?
6. What illness claimed King Louis XV's life?
(a) Yellow fever.
7. Which of the following countries was Maria Teresa queen of through bloodlines?
8. In which city did Antoinette spend her last days on Austrian soil?
9. How many siblings-in-law did Antoinette inherit when she married Louis XVI?
10. Which color dress was Antoinette famous for frequently wearing?
11. Which of the following adjectives best described Antoinette when she was in the room with a foreign ambassador?
12. What fabric did Antoinette favor in her dress?
13. Which country's quest for independence did France become embroiled in during the first decade of Antoinette's rule?
14. In what year did Antoinette get her first period?
15. Which of the following names was NOT one of Marie Antoinette's middle names upon birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following female names was NOT included in the name of Antoinette's first-born daughter?
2. Which of the following famous artists visited Antoinette during her first pregnancy with the hopes of earning her patronage?
3. During which Christian holiday did the Contesse de Noailles hold a dance party in her apartment?
4. What country was Isabella of Parma originally from?
5. What was Marie Antoinette's nickname upon birth?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)