|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Antoinette's father die?
(a) From smallpox.
(b) From cancer.
(c) From a stroke.
(d) From yellow fever.
2. Which of her children did Maria Teresa share a birthday with?
(c) Marie Christine.
(d) Marie Antoinette.
3. How old was Marie Antoinette when there were the first signs of political upheaval in Europe?
(a) Six months old.
(b) One year old.
(c) Four years old.
(d) Two years old.
4. What title did Marie Antoinette father hold?
(b) He held no title.
5. Which of Antoinette's brothers regularly came to visit Antoinette in France?
6. What country was Count Axe Ferson from?
7. Which of the following adjectives best described Antoinette when she was in the room with a foreign ambassador?
8. According to popular rumors of the time, what was the true definition of the parties Antoinette privately hosted in the palace?
(a) Prayer meetings.
(c) Poker nights.
9. In what year did Antoinette meet Count Axe Ferson?
10. What number in the birth order was Marie Antoinette?
11. What was Marie Antoinette's father's name?
(a) Stephen Joseph.
(b) Francis Stephen.
(c) Joseph Leopold.
(d) Leopold Francis.
12. What country was Isabella of Parma originally from?
13. How old was Antoinette when her mother died?
14. Which of the following fashion trends was popular when Antoinette arrived in the French court?
(a) Circular rouge on the cheeks.
(b) Bright blue shadow on the eyes.
(c) False eyelashes made from peacock feathers.
(d) Completely white or nude lips.
15. During which Christian holiday did the Contesse de Noailles hold a dance party in her apartment?
(a) All Saints Day.
(c) Ascension of the Virgin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Carolina living at the time when Antoinette left home to join her new husband?
2. Who did Louis XVI banish from court in one of his first moves as king?
3. Which of the following famous musicians reportedly asked for Antoinette's hand in marriage?
4. What country was Louis XVI from?
5. What is the name of the spy Maria Teresa sent to court to keep notes on Antoinette?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)