|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Margret think Mr. Holmes has come to her house tonight?
(a) To announce his wedding plans.
(b) To bring gifts for everyone.
(c) To give her a check for the House of Refuge.
(d) To ask the Howth family to Christmas dinner.
2. Who is the black man who works for the Howth family?
3. Mr. Holmes wonders if it is the right thing to _____________________.
(a) Expand the mill.
(b) Marry Miss Herne.
(c) Marry Margret.
(d) Buy a new house.
4. What does Joe beg Mr. Holmes not to do?
(a) Fire Lois.
(b) Buy the mill.
(c) Fire him.
(d) Reveal his past crime.
5. What is Lois doing at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Loading her wagon with produce.
(b) Unhitching her horse from the wagon.
(c) Heading back to town in her wagon.
(d) Counting her day's profits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Margret say she will wait for Mr. Holmes?
2. What is the setting for Chapter 2?
3. When does Mr. Holmes promise to return?
4. What does Lois see when she awakens?
5. What information does the author provide the reader at the end of the story?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)