|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Knowles' vision for the commune is now ___________________.
(a) Just ashes.
(b) Just a memory.
(c) Just a dream.
(d) Stronger than ever.
2. What keeps Joe from interacting with the people he sees on the street?
(a) His criminal record.
(b) His alcoholism.
(c) His shyness.
(d) His lack of money.
3. What sound makes Margret's heart pause?
(a) Mr. Holmes' footsteps.
(b) The clacking chicken.
(c) A shriek.
(d) A gunshot.
4. What does Margret find that prompts her to write this story?
(a) Newspaper articles.
(b) A diary.
(c) An old ledger.
(d) Some love letters.
5. What does Dr. Knowles do when walking with Mr. Howth outside?
(a) Kicks away stones from the path.
(b) Pushes Mr. Howth in a wheelchair.
(c) Holds back tree branches.
(d) Holds Mr. Howth's arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Dr. Knowles now do since he has lost everything in the mill fire?
2. Why does Mr. Holmes leave the mill by an indirect route?
3. Which of the following does NOT characterize Margret's world?
4. What is Mr. Holmes aware of as he sits in his room?
5. In what month does Dr. Knowles visit Mr. Holmes at the hospital?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)