|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Holmes knows that he would be ____________ with Margret as his wife.
2. Why does Margret think Mr. Holmes has come to her house tonight?
(a) To bring gifts for everyone.
(b) To announce his wedding plans.
(c) To ask the Howth family to Christmas dinner.
(d) To give her a check for the House of Refuge.
3. Who is the vendor approaching Margret's house?
(a) Louise Yare.
(b) Lois Yare.
(c) Lois Dare.
(d) Louis Yare.
4. What keeps Joe from interacting with the people he sees on the street?
(a) His lack of money.
(b) His shyness.
(c) His alcoholism.
(d) His criminal record.
5. Which of the following has Margret NOT given up in order to work?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what ages did Lois work at the mill?
2. Why does Mr. Holmes leave the mill by an indirect route?
3. What does Margret make particular note of regarding the ledger?
4. Where does Margret say she will wait for Mr. Holmes?
5. What does Joe want to do in his life?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)