|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Dr. Knowles purchased new property?
(a) To build a new mill.
(b) To establish a new commune.
(c) To build a new library.
(d) To build a new home.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe the conditions in the mill where Lois Yare worked as a child?
(c) Little food.
(d) Poor ventilation.
3. What is the name of Margret's long lost dog?
4. Margret thinks that the doctor has always looked at her ___________________.
(a) With love.
(b) With bemusement.
(c) With a savage scorn.
(d) With tenderness.
5. What does Mr. Holmes feel about his broken engagement to Margret?
(a) He thinks about it once in awhile.
(b) He never even thinks of it.
(c) He is trying to get back with Margret.
(d) He still has pain over it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Knowles go when he leaves the Howth home?
2. Why have Margret and her mother sold household items?
3. Why does Mr. Holmes leave the mill by an indirect route?
4. Who is the vendor approaching Margret's house?
5. In whom does Lois place all her trust?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)