|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Howth doing as Margret does her chores?
(a) Kneads bread.
(b) Tends the fire.
(c) Dozes in a chair.
(d) Sweeps the floor.
2. What book does Margret read?
(a) The Odyssey.
(b) Great Expectations.
(c) Oliver Twist.
(d) The Bible.
3. Where does Mr. Howth wait for Margret's return home?
(a) The porch.
(b) The living room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The den.
4. In what time period does the book take place?
5. What is the setting for Chapter 2?
(a) The Methodist church.
(b) The mill.
(c) The school.
(d) The Howth home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margret find that prompts her to write this story?
2. What is the name of Margret's long lost dog?
3. What does Lois' produce symbolize?
4. Who follows Margret home?
5. What is Margret glad that her father cannot see?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)