|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the house seem like it used to be?
(a) The firelight.
(b) The smell of baking bread.
(c) The music.
(d) The sound of gentle rain.
2. Who follows Margret home?
(a) Jerry Grayson.
(b) Frankie Murray.
(c) Mr. Howth.
(d) Dr. Knowles.
3. Margret thinks that the doctor has always looked at her ___________________.
(a) With tenderness.
(b) With love.
(c) With a savage scorn.
(d) With bemusement.
4. What does Dr. Knowles do when walking with Mr. Howth outside?
(a) Kicks away stones from the path.
(b) Holds back tree branches.
(c) Holds Mr. Howth's arm.
(d) Pushes Mr. Howth in a wheelchair.
5. Who visits the Howth family every night?
(a) Susan Benedict.
(b) Reverend Morgan.
(c) Dr. Knowles.
(d) Sister Mary Acquin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margret feel will return?
2. Which of the following does NOT characterize Margret's world?
3. What does Margret find that prompts her to write this story?
4. Why did Margret give up her former love, Mr. Holmes?
5. Where did Lois Yare work as a child?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)