|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT characterize Margret's world?
2. Who is the narrator of the story?
(a) Margo Howth.
(b) Mr. Howth.
(c) Dr. Knowles.
(d) Margret Howth.
3. How long has Dr. Knowles known Margret?
(a) All her life.
(b) Five years.
(c) A couple of months.
(d) A few days.
4. How does Margret get to her office?
(a) A steep ladder.
(b) An elevator.
(c) An escalator.
(d) A winding staircase.
5. What does Dr. Knowles do when walking with Mr. Howth outside?
(a) Holds back tree branches.
(b) Pushes Mr. Howth in a wheelchair.
(c) Holds Mr. Howth's arm.
(d) Kicks away stones from the path.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the house seem like it used to be?
2. From what affliction does Margret's father suffer?
3. Who follows Margret home?
4. Which of the following is NOT an element of the Howth household?
5. What is the name of the textile mill where Margret worked?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)