|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margret make particular note of regarding the ledger?
(a) The leather binding.
(b) The ink color.
(c) The meticulous writing.
(d) The paper stock.
2. What was Mr. Howth's profession?
3. Why have Margret and her mother sold household items?
(a) To have a little money to run the household.
(b) To invest in the mill.
(c) To buy chickens.
(d) To send Margret to school.
4. How long has Dr. Knowles known Margret?
(a) All her life.
(b) Five years.
(c) A few days.
(d) A couple of months.
5. What is the name of the textile mill where Margret worked?
(a) Knowles & Co.
(b) Indiana Woolens Inc.
(c) Knowles & Knowles Inc.
(d) Knowles & Howth Inc.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what affliction does Margret's father suffer?
2. Which of the following is NOT part of Margret's trip to return home?
3. Who is the narrator of the story?
4. What does Margret feel will return?
5. Who follows Margret home?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)