|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the textile mill where Margret worked?
(a) Indiana Woolens Inc.
(b) Knowles & Howth Inc.
(c) Knowles & Knowles Inc.
(d) Knowles & Co.
2. How does Margret get to her office?
(a) A winding staircase.
(b) An escalator.
(c) A steep ladder.
(d) An elevator.
3. What makes the house seem like it used to be?
(a) The music.
(b) The smell of baking bread.
(c) The sound of gentle rain.
(d) The firelight.
4. Margret starts work at the mill on what day?
(a) The day after she graduates high school.
(b) Memorial Day.
(c) The day after Christmas.
(d) Her 20th birthday.
5. Who is the narrator of the story?
(a) Mr. Howth.
(b) Margret Howth.
(c) Dr. Knowles.
(d) Margo Howth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of MARGRET HOWTH: A STORY OF TO-DAY?
2. Margret shares office space with ____________.
3. Which of the following is NOT an element of the Howth household?
4. Why is Margret so intent on having the job at the mill?
5. What does Margret find that prompts her to write this story?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)