|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Holmes say he is going to marry Miss Herne?
(a) He will learn to love her.
(b) He is obligated to do it.
(c) Her money will be beneficial for him.
(d) He is crazy about her.
2. What is Dr. Knowles' reaction to the fact that Margret will be marrying Mr. Holmes?
3. Mr. Holmes wonders if it is the right thing to _____________________.
(a) Marry Miss Herne.
(b) Expand the mill.
(c) Buy a new house.
(d) Marry Margret.
4. How does Margret get to work this morning?
(a) She walks to town.
(b) Lois gives her a ride.
(c) She rides her horse.
(d) Dr. Knowles picks her up in his buggy.
5. Which of the following does NOT describe the conditions in the mill where Lois Yare worked as a child?
(a) Little food.
(d) Poor ventilation.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what ages did Lois work at the mill?
2. Where does Mr. Holmes recover from his injuries?
3. What does Lois see when she awakens?
4. What does Lois do after her father walks her home?
5. Where does Joel fix a bed for Lois?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)