|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Holmes leave the mill by an indirect route?
(a) To lock the doors.
(b) So he won't run into Margret.
(c) To check the lights.
(d) To check the plumbing.
2. Dr. Knowles shows Margret the corpse of a 15-year-old girl who committed suicide by __________________-.
(a) Hanging herself.
(b) Shooting herself.
(c) Slitting her wrist.
(d) Drinking herself to death.
3. What is the name of the textile mill where Margret worked?
(a) Knowles & Howth Inc.
(b) Indiana Woolens Inc.
(c) Knowles & Knowles Inc.
(d) Knowles & Co.
4. In what state does the story take place?
5. Who stays by Mr. Holmes' bedside continually during his recuperation?
(b) Mrs. Howth.
(c) Miss Herne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characteristics does Miss Herne NOT expect of Mr. Holmes?
2. Which of the following does NOT characterize Margret's world?
3. Where did Lois Yare work as a child?
4. Who has agreed to work with Dr. Knowles at his new institution?
5. What is the name of Margret's long lost dog?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)