|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does the story take place?
2. Who is the author of MARGRET HOWTH: A STORY OF TO-DAY?
(a) Rebecca Harding Davis.
(b) Roberta Harding Davis.
(c) Rebecca Sunnybrook Davis.
(d) Rebecca Hardison Davis.
3. What does Dr. Knowles do when walking with Mr. Howth outside?
(a) Holds back tree branches.
(b) Kicks away stones from the path.
(c) Pushes Mr. Howth in a wheelchair.
(d) Holds Mr. Howth's arm.
4. From what affliction does Margret's father suffer?
(a) Leg deformity.
5. What is the setting for Chapter 2?
(a) The Howth home.
(b) The Methodist church.
(c) The school.
(d) The mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margret hope people will know from her story?
2. What book does Margret read?
3. Who visits the Howth family every night?
4. Where does Mr. Howth wait for Margret's return home?
5. Why is Margret so intent on having the job at the mill?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)