|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Margret glad that her father cannot see?
(a) Her mother's weary face.
(b) The shabbiness of the furniture.
(c) The empty cupboards.
(d) That she and her mother have sold many household items.
2. What kind of dog does Margret have?
(b) German Shepherd.
(c) Labrador Retriever.
3. Why does Margret tell Mr. Holmes that she cannot marry him?
(a) She does not love who he has become.
(b) She is engaged to someone else.
(c) She finds him repugnant.
(d) She cannot leave her parents.
4. Dr. Knowles shows Margret the corpse of a 15-year-old girl who committed suicide by __________________-.
(a) Slitting her wrist.
(b) Drinking herself to death.
(c) Shooting herself.
(d) Hanging herself.
5. Where does Mr. Holmes live?
(a) In a boarding house.
(b) In a rowhouse.
(c) In a room at the mill.
(d) In a farmhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Lois' condition?
2. Why has Dr. Knowles purchased new property?
3. Other than Lois, who does the carriage pass by on its way to town?
4. Why have Margret and her mother sold household items?
5. Mr. Holmes wonders if it is the right thing to _____________________.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)