|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Holmes to meet Dr. Knowles?
(a) The library.
(b) The mill.
(c) The cafe.
(d) The abandoned school building.
2. How can Margret's work be best described?
3. Which of the following does Lois NOT think about Miss Herne?
(a) She is heartless.
(b) She is a sham.
(c) She is kind.
(d) She is cruel.
4. Why does Mr. Holmes leave the carriage before it reaches town?
(a) To push the wagon out of a muddy rut.
(b) To walk back down the road to find Margret.
(c) To fix a broken wagon wheel.
(d) To attach a lantern to the wagon.
5. From where has Lois' father returned?
(a) The navy.
(b) An overseas job.
(d) The army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Knowles capitalizes on Margret's ____________________.
2. Who set up Lois in her business?
3. Which of the following is NOT part of Margret's trip to return home?
4. What does Lois' produce symbolize?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Lois' condition?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)