|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lois now make her living?
(d) Selling produce.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe the conditions in the mill where Lois Yare worked as a child?
(b) Little food.
(c) Poor ventilation.
3. Who visits the Howth family every night?
(a) Dr. Knowles.
(b) Reverend Morgan.
(c) Sister Mary Acquin.
(d) Susan Benedict.
4. Which of the following has Margret NOT given up in order to work?
5. Why does Mr. Holmes say he is going to marry Miss Herne?
(a) He is crazy about her.
(b) Her money will be beneficial for him.
(c) He will learn to love her.
(d) He is obligated to do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Howth doing as Margret does her chores?
2. What is the name of Margret's long lost dog?
3. What does Dr. Knowles tell Mr. Holmes he has been doing today?
4. Who is the black man who works for the Howth family?
5. What type of material is produced at the mill where Margret worked?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)