|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Other than Lois, who does the carriage pass by on its way to town?
(c) Mrs. Howth.
(d) Dr. Knowles.
2. In whom does Lois place all her trust?
(a) Mr. Knowles.
(c) Reverend Hall.
(d) Her father.
3. Where does Margret say she will wait for Mr. Holmes?
(a) At the well.
(b) At the mill.
(c) In heaven.
(d) At the stone wall.
4. What does Margret find that prompts her to write this story?
(a) Newspaper articles.
(b) An old ledger.
(c) Some love letters.
(d) A diary.
5. What is the name of the textile mill where Margret worked?
(a) Knowles & Co.
(b) Knowles & Knowles Inc.
(c) Indiana Woolens Inc.
(d) Knowles & Howth Inc.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Margret read?
2. In what time period does the book take place?
3. What does Lois' produce symbolize?
4. Dr. Knowles shows Margret the corpse of a 15-year-old girl who committed suicide by __________________-.
5. Where does Joel fix a bed for Lois?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)