|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who escorts Margret home as the afternoon turns into evening?
(a) Mr. Pike.
(c) Mr. Holmes.
(d) Dr. Knowles.
2. What does Margret not realize about Mr. Holmes?
(a) He has come into a small fortune.
(b) He is no longer engaged to Miss Herne.
(c) He has lost a leg in the fire.
(d) He has much scarring on his body.
3. What does Margret marvel at on her way to work?
(a) The fruits and vegetables in Lois' wagon.
(b) The summer corn.
(c) The sunrise.
(d) The budding trees.
4. What does Margret say when Mr. Holmes asks her to be his wife?
(b) She needs to sleep on it.
(c) She'll think about it.
(d) Absolutely not.
5. Why does Mr. Holmes leave the carriage before it reaches town?
(a) To attach a lantern to the wagon.
(b) To fix a broken wagon wheel.
(c) To push the wagon out of a muddy rut.
(d) To walk back down the road to find Margret.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Tiger been gone?
2. Mrs. Howth prepares ____________ and plum pudding for Christmas dinner.
3. What does Mr. Holmes throw over in order to achieve his objectives?
4. Margret thinks that the doctor has always looked at her ___________________.
5. Other than Lois, who does the carriage pass by on its way to town?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)