|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tavern used for by some Negroes?
(a) A church.
(b) A community center.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A stop on the Underground Railroad.
2. From where has Lois' father returned?
(a) The army.
(c) An overseas job.
(d) The navy.
3. What did Joe do after the fire at the mill?
(a) Apologized to Dr. Knowles.
(c) Visited Mr. Holmes every day.
(d) Turned himself in to the police.
4. Why does Mr. Holmes leave the carriage before it reaches town?
(a) To walk back down the road to find Margret.
(b) To push the wagon out of a muddy rut.
(c) To attach a lantern to the wagon.
(d) To fix a broken wagon wheel.
5. Which of the following does Lois NOT think about Miss Herne?
(a) She is kind.
(b) She is a sham.
(c) She is heartless.
(d) She is cruel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday approaches as Holmes recuperates in the hospital?
2. From what ages did Lois work at the mill?
3. Which of the following characteristics does Miss Herne NOT expect of Mr. Holmes?
4. How long has Tiger been gone?
5. What does Mr. Holmes throw over in order to achieve his objectives?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)