|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Holmes encounter as he approaches Lois' house to visit her on Christmas Eve?
(c) Dr. Knowles.
(d) Mr. Pike.
2. Dr. Knowles capitalizes on Margret's ____________________.
(a) Organizational skills.
(c) Need to feel needed.
3. What kind of dog does Margret have?
(c) Labrador Retriever.
(d) German Shepherd.
4. Why does Margret think Mr. Holmes has come to her house tonight?
(a) To bring gifts for everyone.
(b) To ask the Howth family to Christmas dinner.
(c) To give her a check for the House of Refuge.
(d) To announce his wedding plans.
5. What is the setting for Chapter 2?
(a) The mill.
(b) The school.
(c) The Methodist church.
(d) The Howth home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Holmes do that surprises Margret?
2. What is Lois doing at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. What is Dr. Knowles' reaction to the fact that Margret will be marrying Mr. Holmes?
4. Who does Lois see in an approaching carriage?
5. What does Lois' produce symbolize?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)