|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Boxer determined to do the rest of his life?
2. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
3. What does Mr. Kimura look like?
4. What does Boxer ask Mr. Kimura at the start of 'The Cliff of Time'?
5. Where is Boxer at the start of round 4?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the three plays in this collection are linked and why Abe chose to place these three plays in one collection? Start with 'Suitcase' and continue through 'The Man who Turned into a Stick.' Make sure to address the points in each play that share similar themes with the previous plays.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the two main characters of 'Suitcase'. Which is the protagonist or do both characters carry that title? How does Abe construct a plot in a play which contains only two characters who are physically present on stage?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Kobe Abe's biographical information and how it influences the play 'The Man who Turned into a Stick'.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)