|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer it is time for?
2. How much control does Boxer have over his body in round 4?
3. Why is it strange that Boxer rose for work that morning?
4. What object that Boxer is wearing does he claim is good luck?
5. What does the voice in round two tell Boxer to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the two main characters of 'Suitcase'. Which is the protagonist or do both characters carry that title? How does Abe construct a plot in a play which contains only two characters who are physically present on stage?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Mr. Kimura and Boxer and how the interactions between the two address the message of Abe's play. Be sure to explain in your essay who Mr. Kimura is.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of monologue in the play 'Cliff of Time'. How does Abe use monologue to create the plot in this story? Be sure to include the definition of monologue in your answer.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)