|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the audience learn is Boxer's motto in round 2?
2. What does Mr. Kimura look like?
3. What does Boxer think the outcome of the fight will be in round one?
4. What does Boxer say won't fail him once he gets into the ring?
5. What is Boxer determined to do the rest of his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the three plays in this collection are linked and why Abe chose to place these three plays in one collection? Start with 'Suitcase' and continue through 'The Man who Turned into a Stick.' Make sure to address the points in each play that share similar themes with the previous plays.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the titles in parentheses in Abe's play and explain why Abe chose that title and how it relates to the message of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the two main characters of 'Suitcase'. Which is the protagonist or do both characters carry that title? How does Abe construct a plot in a play which contains only two characters who are physically present on stage?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)