|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the audience learn is Boxer's motto in round 2?
2. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
3. What does Boxer like to put on his shoes before entering a boxing ring?
4. What does Boxer think about winning?
5. Who is the main character of 'The Cliff of Time' ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Woman's choice to not look inside the suitcase at the end of the play say about the message Abe is trying to convey? Does he convey this message clearly?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character relationship between Visitor and Woman. How does the relationship between these two characters define the other? How does their relationship define other people mentioned in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Describe both the literal and symbolic meaning of the suitcase in the play 'Suitcase'. What does the suitcase represent in the play?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)