|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the voice in round two tell Boxer to do?
2. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
3. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
4. What does Boxer say won't fail him once he gets into the ring?
5. Why is it strange that Boxer rose for work that morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Woman's choice to not look inside the suitcase at the end of the play say about the message Abe is trying to convey? Does he convey this message clearly?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss both the literal and symbolic meanings of the stick in 'The Man who Turned into a Stick'. What does the stick mean in the context of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Describe both the literal and symbolic meaning of the suitcase in the play 'Suitcase'. What does the suitcase represent in the play?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)