|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what distance should one keep their opponent according to Boxer?
2. What does Boxer like to put on his shoes before entering a boxing ring?
3. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
4. What does the voice in tell Boxer in round 3?
5. What instrument signals the end of a round in 'The Cliff of Time'?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character relationship between Visitor and Woman. How does the relationship between these two characters define the other? How does their relationship define other people mentioned in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the three plays in this collection are linked and why Abe chose to place these three plays in one collection? Start with 'Suitcase' and continue through 'The Man who Turned into a Stick.' Make sure to address the points in each play that share similar themes with the previous plays.
Essay Topic 3
Which play does the quote "Once again, a man turned into a stick and vanished" come from and who speaks the phrase? What does the quote mean in context of the whole play?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)