|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boxer say won't fail him once he gets into the ring?
2. What object that Boxer is wearing does he claim is good luck?
3. How many fortune cookies does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he recently opened?
4. What does Boxer admit his lifestyle is doing to him?
5. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Describe the two main characters of 'Suitcase'. Which is the protagonist or do both characters carry that title? How does Abe construct a plot in a play which contains only two characters who are physically present on stage?
Essay Topic 2Describe both the literal and symbolic meaning of the suitcase in the play 'Suitcase'. What does the suitcase represent in the play?
Essay Topic 3Choose one of Abe's play to discuss the role the offstage voice plays. How does the offstage voice contribute to the theme of the play and what message do they deliver? How is the offstage voice used effectively or ineffectively? How does the offstage voice relate to the characters and vice versa.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)