|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the audience learn is Boxer's motto in round 2?
2. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
3. What instrument signals the end of a round in 'The Cliff of Time'?
4. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
5. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of at the start of Round 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Abe's plays and discuss the theme of that play. Be sure to discuss how Abe addresses that theme throughout the play, symbolically and otherwise.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss both the literal and symbolic meanings of the stick in 'The Man who Turned into a Stick'. What does the stick mean in the context of the play?
Essay Topic 3
In what play does the line "Nothing can intimidate/ The mask called a smile" come from? Analyze the quote in context of the play.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)