|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
2. What does Boxer admit his lifestyle is doing to him?
3. What color is the object that boxer wears for good luck?
4. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
5. How much control does Boxer have over his body in round 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Abe's play to discuss the role the offstage voice plays. How does the offstage voice contribute to the theme of the play and what message do they deliver? How is the offstage voice used effectively or ineffectively? How does the offstage voice relate to the characters and vice versa.
Essay Topic 2
What does Woman's choice to not look inside the suitcase at the end of the play say about the message Abe is trying to convey? Does he convey this message clearly?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Kobe Abe's biographical information and how it influences the play 'The Man who Turned into a Stick'.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)