|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Boxer determined to do the rest of his life?
2. Who is the main character of 'The Cliff of Time' ?
3. What does Boxer admit his lifestyle is doing to him?
4. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
5. What does Boxer like to put on his shoes before entering a boxing ring?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Abe's play to discuss the role the offstage voice plays. How does the offstage voice contribute to the theme of the play and what message do they deliver? How is the offstage voice used effectively or ineffectively? How does the offstage voice relate to the characters and vice versa.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the two main characters of 'Suitcase'. Which is the protagonist or do both characters carry that title? How does Abe construct a plot in a play which contains only two characters who are physically present on stage?
Essay Topic 3
What does Woman's choice to not look inside the suitcase at the end of the play say about the message Abe is trying to convey? Does he convey this message clearly?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)