Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Boxer have to get back into the fight?
2. What message is in the fortune cookies that Boxer opens?
3. What does the voice in tell Boxer in round 3?
4. What does Boxer like to put on his shoes before entering a boxing ring?
5. At what distance should one keep their opponent according to Boxer?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Abe's play to discuss the role the offstage voice plays. How does the offstage voice contribute to the theme of the play and what message do they deliver? How is the offstage voice used effectively or ineffectively? How does the offstage voice relate to the characters and vice versa.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the titles in parentheses in Abe's play and explain why Abe chose that title and how it relates to the message of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the symbolism in the ending of 'Cliff of Time'. What do you believe happened at the end of the story? What does your interpretation suggest about the message of the play?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)