|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boxer ask Mr. Kimura at the start of 'The Cliff of Time'?
2. What does the audience learn is Boxer's motto in round 2?
3. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer it is time for?
4. At what distance should one keep their opponent according to Boxer?
5. During round one of the fight, what does the voice tell Boxer to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Woman's choice to not look inside the suitcase at the end of the play say about the message Abe is trying to convey? Does he convey this message clearly?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the titles in parentheses in Abe's play and explain why Abe chose that title and how it relates to the message of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Define the term conflict. Choose one of Abe's plays and explain what the conflict is in the play and how that conflict is expressed in the plot.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)