|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boxer say won't fail him once he gets into the ring?
2. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer it is time for?
3. How many fortune cookies does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he recently opened?
4. What does Boxer dream of eating one day?
5. Why is it strange that Boxer rose for work that morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Abe's play to discuss the role the offstage voice plays. How does the offstage voice contribute to the theme of the play and what message do they deliver? How is the offstage voice used effectively or ineffectively? How does the offstage voice relate to the characters and vice versa.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of Abe's plays and discuss the theme of that play. Be sure to discuss how Abe addresses that theme throughout the play, symbolically and otherwise.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of monologue in the play 'Cliff of Time'. How does Abe use monologue to create the plot in this story? Be sure to include the definition of monologue in your answer.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)