|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 2?
2. What is Boxer determined to do the rest of his life?
3. What message is in the fortune cookies that Boxer opens?
4. What does the voice ask Boxer after round 2 ends?
5. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of at the start of Round 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the three plays in this collection are linked and why Abe chose to place these three plays in one collection? Start with 'Suitcase' and continue through 'The Man who Turned into a Stick.' Make sure to address the points in each play that share similar themes with the previous plays.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of monologue in the play 'Cliff of Time'. How does Abe use monologue to create the plot in this story? Be sure to include the definition of monologue in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the message Boxer receives in the three fortune cookies? What does this message mean in context of the play? What is the symbolic meaning of the fortune cookies?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)