|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object that Boxer is wearing does he claim is good luck?
2. What does Boxer like to put on his shoes before entering a boxing ring?
3. What does Boxer ask Mr. Kimura at the start of 'The Cliff of Time'?
4. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
5. Where is Boxer at the start of round 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Kobe Abe's biographical information and how it influences the play 'The Man who Turned into a Stick'.
Essay Topic 2
Describe both the literal and symbolic meaning of the suitcase in the play 'Suitcase'. What does the suitcase represent in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of Abe's play to discuss the role the offstage voice plays. How does the offstage voice contribute to the theme of the play and what message do they deliver? How is the offstage voice used effectively or ineffectively? How does the offstage voice relate to the characters and vice versa.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)