|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fortune cookies does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he recently opened?
2. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 2?
3. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
4. What does the voice ask Boxer after round 2 ends?
5. What instrument signals the end of a round in 'The Cliff of Time'?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe both the literal and symbolic meaning of the suitcase in the play 'Suitcase'. What does the suitcase represent in the play?
Essay Topic 2
In what play does the line "Nothing can intimidate/ The mask called a smile" come from? Analyze the quote in context of the play.
Essay Topic 3
What is the message Boxer receives in the three fortune cookies? What does this message mean in context of the play? What is the symbolic meaning of the fortune cookies?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)