|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During round one of the fight, what does the voice tell Boxer to do?
2. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
3. Who is the main character of 'The Cliff of Time' ?
4. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
5. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the three plays in this collection are linked and why Abe chose to place these three plays in one collection? Start with 'Suitcase' and continue through 'The Man who Turned into a Stick.' Make sure to address the points in each play that share similar themes with the previous plays.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character relationship between Visitor and Woman. How does the relationship between these two characters define the other? How does their relationship define other people mentioned in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Describe both the literal and symbolic meaning of the suitcase in the play 'Suitcase'. What does the suitcase represent in the play?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)