|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
2. Why does Boxer say his body feels refreshed prior to the fight?
3. What type of milk does Boxer prefer?
4. During round one of the fight, what does the voice tell Boxer to do?
5. What does Boxer find restrictive about his lifestyle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Mr. Kimura and Boxer and how the interactions between the two address the message of Abe's play. Be sure to explain in your essay who Mr. Kimura is.
Essay Topic 2
What is the relationship between Man and Woman from Hell? How does their relationship differ from Hippie Girl and Boy? How is it similar?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of Abe's play to discuss the role the offstage voice plays. How does the offstage voice contribute to the theme of the play and what message do they deliver? How is the offstage voice used effectively or ineffectively? How does the offstage voice relate to the characters and vice versa.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)