|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the object Woman brings into the room in 'Suitcase' made of?
2. What does Visitor believe is in the suitcase?
3. Who does Woman accuse Visitor of collaborating with?
4. In 'Suitcase' what is Visitor not interested in speaking about?
5. What, does Visitor tell Woman at the end of 'Suitcase', is her final obstacle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Woman from Hell go to check on and what do we learn about that person?
2. What does Visitor use to try and open the suitcase? What happens when Visitor tries to open the suitcase?
3. Who are the characters in 'The Man Who Turned into a Stick'?
4. What will Boxer wear on fight day for good luck?
5. What was the message Boxer received in his fortune cookies? Who did he tell about it?
6. What does the voice offstage tell Boxer in round one?
7. What does Woman bring on stage to show Visitor. What does the audience actually see Woman bring onto the stage?
8. How much does Man from Hell offer Hippie Boy for the stick and what is the final price?
9. What is Woman going to make her husband for dinner?
10. What does Hippie Boy accuse Man and Woman from Hell of doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss both the literal and symbolic meanings of the stick in 'The Man who Turned into a Stick'. What does the stick mean in the context of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Define the term conflict. Choose one of Abe's plays and explain what the conflict is in the play and how that conflict is expressed in the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character relationship between Visitor and Woman. How does the relationship between these two characters define the other? How does their relationship define other people mentioned in the play?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)