|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the audience learn about the character named Woman at the opening of 'Suitcase'?
2. On which body part of Visitor is the hair from the animal?
3. How do the women feel about the Suitcases speech?
4. How many legs does Woman say a spider has?
5. What does Visitor believe the suitcase responds to in 'Suitcase'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Man and Woman from Hell lecture the audience about at the end of 'The Man who Became a Stick'?
2. What does Boxer prefer to drink and put on his shoes before he enters the ring?
3. What does Boxer promise to do with his life in round four?
4. Why does Hippie Boy agree to sell the stick?
5. Why does Visitor argue that Woman's marriage is in trouble?
6. Why does Boxer consider himself forgetful?
7. What does Woman want to spray on the suitcase and why does Visitor not want to?
8. What thought preoccupies Boxer during round one?
9. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer to do in round three?
10. Who are the characters in 'The Man Who Turned into a Stick'?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss both the literal and symbolic meanings of the stick in 'The Man who Turned into a Stick'. What does the stick mean in the context of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of Abe's plays and discuss the theme of that play. Be sure to discuss how Abe addresses that theme throughout the play, symbolically and otherwise.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Boxer and what the play 'Cliff of Time' reveals about his personality and history. What is Abe trying to convey to the audience through this character?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)