|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What birthday is Mona Lisa celebrating in 'Suitcase'?
2. What does the offstage voice warn the women not to forget in 'Suitcase'?
3. What does woman wonder out loud about Visitor?
4. What does Woman propose they spray on the suitcase?
5. On which body part of Visitor is the hair from the animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Hippie Girl first mention her sister and what do we learn about the sister?
2. How does Boxer's body feel in round three?
3. What does Boxer want Mr. Kimura to arrange and why?
4. What does Hippie Boy sell in addition to the stick?
5. What falls from the sky at the start of 'The Man Who Turned into a Stick'? What does the audience realize the object is?
6. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of in round two?
7. What is Woman going to make her husband for dinner?
8. What does Boxer promise to do with his life in round four?
9. What does Woman ask Visitor about towards the end of the play that convinces Visitor to stay. What is Visitor's response to the question?
10. Why does Boxer consider himself forgetful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relevance of Mona Lisa in the play 'Suitcase'.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the two main characters of 'Suitcase'. Which is the protagonist or do both characters carry that title? How does Abe construct a plot in a play which contains only two characters who are physically present on stage?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of monologue in the play 'Cliff of Time'. How does Abe use monologue to create the plot in this story? Be sure to include the definition of monologue in your answer.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)