|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Woman telephone for at the end of 'Suitcase'?
2. How many legs does Woman say a spider has?
3. Woman claims the object she brings into the room is one thing. What does the audience watching 'Suitcase' realize the object is?
4. What article of clothing does Visitor think reveals Woman's husband's personality?
5. What does the offstage voice warn the women not to forget in 'Suitcase'?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Boxer enjoy fighting? What advice does he recall about his opponents?
2. What does Woman ask Visitor about towards the end of the play that convinces Visitor to stay. What is Visitor's response to the question?
3. Who does Woman from Hell go to check on and what do we learn about that person?
4. What does Boxer promise to do with his life in round four?
5. How do Hippie Boy and Girl use the stick?
6. How much does Man from Hell offer Hippie Boy for the stick and what is the final price?
7. What does Boxer want Mr. Kimura to arrange and why?
8. How does Woman from Hell feel about the stick? What does Man from Hell warn her about?
9. Why does Woman not want to open the suitcase? Why does Visitor think she has not opened it?
10. What is Visitor not interested in speaking about? How does Woman know this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the message Boxer receives in the three fortune cookies? What does this message mean in context of the play? What is the symbolic meaning of the fortune cookies?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of Abe's plays and discuss the theme of that play. Be sure to discuss how Abe addresses that theme throughout the play, symbolically and otherwise.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relevance of Mona Lisa in the play 'Suitcase'.
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)