|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Visitor determine by looking at the suitcase's lock?
2. What does Woman think about the suitcase?
3. What does woman wonder out loud about Visitor?
4. What does Woman think about Visitors comment about her marriage?
5. What does Visitor argue that Woman wants to call spiders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hippie Boy agree to sell the stick?
2. What falls from the sky at the start of 'The Man Who Turned into a Stick'? What does the audience realize the object is?
3. How do Hippie Boy and Girl use the stick?
4. Who do Hippie Boy and Girl suspect threw the stick and where is that person located?
5. Why does Visitor think it would be difficult to open the suitcase? What does she realize upon a better look?
6. Why does Boxer consider himself forgetful?
7. What will Boxer wear on fight day for good luck?
8. What does the offstage voice coach Boxer to do in round two?
9. What does Boxer think of his lifestyle? What are some of his daily routines?
10. Why does Boxer enjoy fighting? What advice does he recall about his opponents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe both the literal and symbolic meaning of the suitcase in the play 'Suitcase'. What does the suitcase represent in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Boxer and what the play 'Cliff of Time' reveals about his personality and history. What is Abe trying to convey to the audience through this character?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relevance of Mona Lisa in the play 'Suitcase'.
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)