|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which body part of Visitor is the hair from the animal?
2. What is the topic of the speech the suitcase makes before being sprayed?
3. When the suitcase opens what does advice does Woman ask Visitor for?
4. How does Woman react to Visitor's suggestion about her husband's ancestors?
5. When does the suitcase finally open?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Visitor think the suitcase is left out for Woman?
2. In the play 'Suitcase', who does the suitcase belong to? What does this person say is in the suitcase?
3. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer to do in round three?
4. How do Hippie Boy and Girl use the stick?
5. Why does Boxer consider himself forgetful?
6. When does Hippie Girl first mention her sister and what do we learn about the sister?
7. What does the offstage voice coach Boxer to do in round two?
8. What does Boxer promise to do with his life in round four?
9. What does Boxer record in his daily diary?
10. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the message Boxer receives in the three fortune cookies? What does this message mean in context of the play? What is the symbolic meaning of the fortune cookies?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of Abe's play to discuss the role the offstage voice plays. How does the offstage voice contribute to the theme of the play and what message do they deliver? How is the offstage voice used effectively or ineffectively? How does the offstage voice relate to the characters and vice versa.
Essay Topic 3
Which play does the quote "Once again, a man turned into a stick and vanished" come from and who speaks the phrase? What does the quote mean in context of the whole play?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)