|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Visitor believe the suitcase responds to in 'Suitcase'?
2. What does Woman tell Visitor is being delivered later in the evening?
3. How does Woman prevent Visitor from leaving her house?
4. In the play 'Suitcase', who begins speaking about Mona Lisa?
5. What does Visitor tell Woman the suitcase is testing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comment does Hippie Girl make about the world?
2. What speech does the suitcase make that the end of the play?
3. What does the stick reveal about himself at the end of the play?
4. What does Hippie Boy sell in addition to the stick?
5. What does Woman do at the end of the play instead of looking in the suitcase?
6. What thought preoccupies Boxer during round one?
7. What falls from the sky at the start of 'The Man Who Turned into a Stick'? What does the audience realize the object is?
8. What is Visitor not interested in speaking about? How does Woman know this?
9. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
10. How much does Man from Hell offer Hippie Boy for the stick and what is the final price?
Essay Topic 1
What does Woman's choice to not look inside the suitcase at the end of the play say about the message Abe is trying to convey? Does he convey this message clearly?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of monologue in the play 'Cliff of Time'. How does Abe use monologue to create the plot in this story? Be sure to include the definition of monologue in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss both the literal and symbolic meanings of the stick in 'The Man who Turned into a Stick'. What does the stick mean in the context of the play?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)