|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Woman ask Visitor shortly after revealing the contents of the suitcase?
2. What does Visitor think the suitcase really is?
3. Who does the suitcase in the play 'Suitcase' belong to?
4. What does the voice say can intimidate a smile?
5. What does the audience learn about the character named Visitor at the start of 'Suitcase'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he is confident in prior to the fight?
2. What does the stick reveal about himself at the end of the play?
3. What does Woman do at the end of the play instead of looking in the suitcase?
4. What speech does the suitcase make that the end of the play?
5. What thought preoccupies Boxer during round one?
6. How much does Man from Hell offer Hippie Boy for the stick and what is the final price?
7. What will Boxer wear on fight day for good luck?
8. What does Boxer want Mr. Kimura to arrange and why?
9. What does Woman want to spray on the suitcase and why does Visitor not want to?
10. Why does Visitor think that whatever is in the suitcase is alive?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism in the ending of 'Cliff of Time'. What do you believe happened at the end of the story? What does your interpretation suggest about the message of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Mr. Kimura and Boxer and how the interactions between the two address the message of Abe's play. Be sure to explain in your essay who Mr. Kimura is.
Essay Topic 3
What is the message Boxer receives in the three fortune cookies? What does this message mean in context of the play? What is the symbolic meaning of the fortune cookies?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)