|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Visitor try to spray the suitcase with?
2. What, in 'Suitcase', does Visitor ask Woman if she prepared for her husband?
3. What article of clothing does Visitor think reveals Woman's husband's personality?
4. At the end of 'Suitcase', what emotion does Woman expect Visitor feels towards her?
5. What birthday is Mona Lisa celebrating in 'Suitcase'?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Woman from Hell go to check on and what do we learn about that person?
2. What does Woman ask Visitor about towards the end of the play that convinces Visitor to stay. What is Visitor's response to the question?
3. What does the offstage voice in 'Suitcase' warn the women not to lose? How does voice describe the item he does not want them to lose?
4. What does Boxer dream about eating one day?
5. In the play 'Suitcase', who does the suitcase belong to? What does this person say is in the suitcase?
6. What does Woman do at the end of the play instead of looking in the suitcase?
7. What does Boxer prefer to drink and put on his shoes before he enters the ring?
8. Who does Woman from Hell want to give the Stick to and why?
9. What speech does the suitcase make that the end of the play?
10. What does Visitor use to try and open the suitcase? What happens when Visitor tries to open the suitcase?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Woman's choice to not look inside the suitcase at the end of the play say about the message Abe is trying to convey? Does he convey this message clearly?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Boxer and what the play 'Cliff of Time' reveals about his personality and history. What is Abe trying to convey to the audience through this character?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the titles in parentheses in Abe's play and explain why Abe chose that title and how it relates to the message of the play.
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)