|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious belief does Visitor suggest Woman's husband believes in?
2. In 'Suitcase' what is Visitor not interested in speaking about?
3. When the suitcase opens what does advice does Woman ask Visitor for?
4. How do the women feel about the Suitcases speech?
5. How much does the suitcase weigh?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Visitor think the suitcase is left out for Woman?
2. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer to do in round three?
3. What does the stick reveal about himself at the end of the play?
4. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
5. How does Woman from Hell feel about the stick? What does Man from Hell warn her about?
6. What does Boxer think of his lifestyle? What are some of his daily routines?
7. Why does Boxer enjoy fighting? What advice does he recall about his opponents?
8. What does Boxer want Mr. Kimura to arrange and why?
9. What does Woman ask Visitor about towards the end of the play that convinces Visitor to stay. What is Visitor's response to the question?
10. Describe Mr. Kimura in 'The Cliff of Time'.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relevance of Mona Lisa in the play 'Suitcase'.
Essay Topic 2
In what play does the line "Nothing can intimidate/ The mask called a smile" come from? Analyze the quote in context of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of monologue in the play 'Cliff of Time'. How does Abe use monologue to create the plot in this story? Be sure to include the definition of monologue in your answer.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)