|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the offstage voice warn the women not to forget in 'Suitcase'?
2. What question does Woman ask Visitor shortly after revealing the contents of the suitcase?
3. What does Visitor argue that Woman wants to call spiders?
4. What does Visitor try to spray the suitcase with?
5. What does Woman think about Visitors comment about her marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Visitor think the suitcase is left out for Woman?
2. Who does Woman from Hell want to give the Stick to and why?
3. What does the stick reveal about himself at the end of the play?
4. What does Hippie Boy sell in addition to the stick?
5. Why does Boxer enjoy fighting? What advice does he recall about his opponents?
6. What does Visitor use to try and open the suitcase? What happens when Visitor tries to open the suitcase?
7. Why does Woman's husband say the suitcase should not upset Woman?
8. What was the message Boxer received in his fortune cookies? Who did he tell about it?
9. Why do Man and Woman from Hell approach Hippie Boy and Girl?
10. What thought preoccupies Boxer during round one?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Woman's choice to not look inside the suitcase at the end of the play say about the message Abe is trying to convey? Does he convey this message clearly?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss both the literal and symbolic meanings of the stick in 'The Man who Turned into a Stick'. What does the stick mean in the context of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Describe both the literal and symbolic meaning of the suitcase in the play 'Suitcase'. What does the suitcase represent in the play?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)