Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Visitor believe the suitcase responds to in 'Suitcase'?
2. What does Woman tell Visitor is being delivered later in the evening?
3. How does Woman prevent Visitor from leaving her house?
4. In the play 'Suitcase', who begins speaking about Mona Lisa?
5. What does Visitor tell Woman the suitcase is testing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comment does Hippie Girl make about the world?
2. What speech does the suitcase make that the end of the play?
3. What does the stick reveal about himself at the end of the play?
4. What does Hippie Boy sell in addition to the stick?
5. What does Woman do at the end of the play instead of looking in the suitcase?
6. What thought preoccupies Boxer during round one?
7. What falls from the sky at the start of 'The Man Who Turned into a Stick'? What does the audience realize the object is?
8. What is Visitor not interested in speaking about? How does Woman know this?
9. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
10. How much does Man from Hell offer Hippie Boy for the stick and what is the final price?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism in the ending of 'Cliff of Time'. What do you believe happened at the end of the story? What does your interpretation suggest about the message of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Mr. Kimura and Boxer and how the interactions between the two address the message of Abe's play. Be sure to explain in your essay who Mr. Kimura is.
Essay Topic 3
Which play does the quote "Once again, a man turned into a stick and vanished" come from and who speaks the phrase? What does the quote mean in context of the whole play?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)