Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Visitor believe the suitcase responds to in 'Suitcase'?
2. What does Woman tell Visitor is being delivered later in the evening?
3. How does Woman prevent Visitor from leaving her house?
4. In the play 'Suitcase', who begins speaking about Mona Lisa?
5. What does Visitor tell Woman the suitcase is testing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comment does Hippie Girl make about the world?
2. What speech does the suitcase make that the end of the play?
3. What does the stick reveal about himself at the end of the play?
4. What does Hippie Boy sell in addition to the stick?
5. What does Woman do at the end of the play instead of looking in the suitcase?
6. What thought preoccupies Boxer during round one?
7. What falls from the sky at the start of 'The Man Who Turned into a Stick'? What does the audience realize the object is?
8. What is Visitor not interested in speaking about? How does Woman know this?
9. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
10. How much does Man from Hell offer Hippie Boy for the stick and what is the final price?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Abe's plays and discuss the theme of that play. Be sure to discuss how Abe addresses that theme throughout the play, symbolically and otherwise.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the two main characters of 'Suitcase'. Which is the protagonist or do both characters carry that title? How does Abe construct a plot in a play which contains only two characters who are physically present on stage?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Kobe Abe's biographical information and how it influences the play 'The Man who Turned into a Stick'.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)