|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the offstage voice warn the women not to forget in 'Suitcase'?
2. What question does Woman ask Visitor shortly after revealing the contents of the suitcase?
3. How do the women feel about the Suitcases speech?
4. What article of clothing does Visitor think reveals Woman's husband's personality?
5. What does Visitor tell Woman the suitcase is testing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comment does Hippie Girl make about the world?
2. Who does Woman from Hell go to check on and what do we learn about that person?
3. What does the presence of Man and Woman from Hell suggest about the man's death?
4. What does Woman do at the end of the play instead of looking in the suitcase?
5. What was the message Boxer received in his fortune cookies? Who did he tell about it?
6. What does Woman bring on stage to show Visitor. What does the audience actually see Woman bring onto the stage?
7. What does Visitor use to try and open the suitcase? What happens when Visitor tries to open the suitcase?
8. What will Boxer wear on fight day for good luck?
9. Why does Woman's husband say the suitcase should not upset Woman?
10. Why does Boxer consider himself forgetful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Woman's choice to not look inside the suitcase at the end of the play say about the message Abe is trying to convey? Does he convey this message clearly?
Essay Topic 2
What is the relationship between Man and Woman from Hell? How does their relationship differ from Hippie Girl and Boy? How is it similar?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of Abe's play to discuss the role the offstage voice plays. How does the offstage voice contribute to the theme of the play and what message do they deliver? How is the offstage voice used effectively or ineffectively? How does the offstage voice relate to the characters and vice versa.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)