|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Visitor believe the suitcase responds to in 'Suitcase'?
2. What does Visitor tell Woman the suitcase is testing?
3. What is the object Woman brings into the room in 'Suitcase' made of?
4. What animal does Visitor despise?
5. What does the offstage voice in 'Suitcase' compare the women's smiles too?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Visitor think it would be difficult to open the suitcase? What does she realize upon a better look?
2. Who does Woman from Hell want to give the Stick to and why?
3. What does Woman want to spray on the suitcase and why does Visitor not want to?
4. Who do Hippie Boy and Girl suspect threw the stick and where is that person located?
5. What was the message Boxer received in his fortune cookies? Who did he tell about it?
6. How does Woman from Hell feel about the stick? What does Man from Hell warn her about?
7. How do Hippie Boy and Girl use the stick?
8. What does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he is confident in prior to the fight?
9. Why does Hippie Boy agree to sell the stick?
10. What does the offstage voice coach Boxer to do in round two?
Essay Topic 1
In what play does the line "Nothing can intimidate/ The mask called a smile" come from? Analyze the quote in context of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Which play does the quote "Once again, a man turned into a stick and vanished" come from and who speaks the phrase? What does the quote mean in context of the whole play?
Essay Topic 3
Define the term conflict. Choose one of Abe's plays and explain what the conflict is in the play and how that conflict is expressed in the plot.
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)