|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Woman ignore the suitcase?
2. How many legs does Woman say a spider has?
3. What does Visitor use to try and open the suitcase?
4. When the suitcase opens what does advice does Woman ask Visitor for?
5. What, does Visitor tell Woman at the end of 'Suitcase', is her final obstacle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What thought preoccupies Boxer during round one?
2. Who does Woman from Hell want to give the Stick to and why?
3. What does Boxer think of his lifestyle? What are some of his daily routines?
4. Why does Boxer consider himself forgetful?
5. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of in round two?
6. Why do Man and Woman from Hell approach Hippie Boy and Girl?
7. What does Visitor think is in the suitcase? Why does Woman argue that is not possible?
8. Why does Hippie Boy agree to sell the stick?
9. What does the person on the roof tell Woman from Hell and who confirms his story?
10. What does Visitor use to try and open the suitcase? What happens when Visitor tries to open the suitcase?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Abe's plays and discuss the theme of that play. Be sure to discuss how Abe addresses that theme throughout the play, symbolically and otherwise.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of Abe's play to discuss the role the offstage voice plays. How does the offstage voice contribute to the theme of the play and what message do they deliver? How is the offstage voice used effectively or ineffectively? How does the offstage voice relate to the characters and vice versa.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Mr. Kimura and Boxer and how the interactions between the two address the message of Abe's play. Be sure to explain in your essay who Mr. Kimura is.
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)