|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many legs does Woman say a spider has?
2. How many characters are on stage when 'Suitcase' opens?
3. Who does the suitcase in the play 'Suitcase' belong to?
4. When the suitcase opens what does advice does Woman ask Visitor for?
5. What does the speaker in 'Suitcase' compare Mona Lisa's smile to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Hippie Boy and Girl use the stick?
2. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
3. Who does Woman from Hell want to give the Stick to and why?
4. Why does Woman's husband say the suitcase should not upset Woman?
5. What will Boxer wear on fight day for good luck?
6. What does the person on the roof tell Woman from Hell and who confirms his story?
7. Describe Mr. Kimura in 'The Cliff of Time'.
8. What does Boxer promise to do with his life in round four?
9. What does the presence of Man and Woman from Hell suggest about the man's death?
10. What does Woman do at the end of the play instead of looking in the suitcase?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character relationship between Visitor and Woman. How does the relationship between these two characters define the other? How does their relationship define other people mentioned in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism in the ending of 'Cliff of Time'. What do you believe happened at the end of the story? What does your interpretation suggest about the message of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the three plays in this collection are linked and why Abe chose to place these three plays in one collection? Start with 'Suitcase' and continue through 'The Man who Turned into a Stick.' Make sure to address the points in each play that share similar themes with the previous plays.
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)