Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Visitor believe the suitcase responds to in 'Suitcase'?
2. What does Woman tell Visitor is being delivered later in the evening?
3. How does Woman prevent Visitor from leaving her house?
4. In the play 'Suitcase', who begins speaking about Mona Lisa?
5. What does Visitor tell Woman the suitcase is testing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comment does Hippie Girl make about the world?
2. What speech does the suitcase make that the end of the play?
3. What does the stick reveal about himself at the end of the play?
4. What does Hippie Boy sell in addition to the stick?
5. What does Woman do at the end of the play instead of looking in the suitcase?
6. What thought preoccupies Boxer during round one?
7. What falls from the sky at the start of 'The Man Who Turned into a Stick'? What does the audience realize the object is?
8. What is Visitor not interested in speaking about? How does Woman know this?
9. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
10. How much does Man from Hell offer Hippie Boy for the stick and what is the final price?
Describe the character relationship between Visitor and Woman. How does the relationship between these two characters define the other? How does their relationship define other people mentioned in the play?
Define the term conflict. Choose one of Abe's plays and explain what the conflict is in the play and how that conflict is expressed in the plot.
Describe the character of Boxer and what the play 'Cliff of Time' reveals about his personality and history. What is Abe trying to convey to the audience through this character?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)