|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Visitor argue that Woman wants to call spiders?
2. Who does Woman accuse Visitor of collaborating with?
3. Who does the suitcase in the play 'Suitcase' belong to?
4. Woman claims the object she brings into the room is one thing. What does the audience watching 'Suitcase' realize the object is?
5. What does Visitor use to try and open the suitcase?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the characters in 'The Man Who Turned into a Stick'?
2. What does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he is confident in prior to the fight?
3. What does Woman says is stuck on Visitor's Elbow?
4. What does Boxer think of his lifestyle? What are some of his daily routines?
5. Describe the two woman in the play 'Suitcase'. How are they related?
6. What does Boxer record in his daily diary?
7. How do Hippie Boy and Girl use the stick?
8. Why do Man and Woman from Hell approach Hippie Boy and Girl?
9. Why does Visitor think the suitcase is left out for Woman?
10. Why does Visitor argue that Woman's marriage is in trouble?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Mr. Kimura and Boxer and how the interactions between the two address the message of Abe's play. Be sure to explain in your essay who Mr. Kimura is.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss both the literal and symbolic meanings of the stick in 'The Man who Turned into a Stick'. What does the stick mean in the context of the play?
Essay Topic 3
What does Woman's choice to not look inside the suitcase at the end of the play say about the message Abe is trying to convey? Does he convey this message clearly?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)