|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What article of clothing does Visitor think reveals Woman's husband's personality?
2. In 'Suitcase' what is Visitor not interested in speaking about?
3. What does Visitor believe is in the suitcase?
4. What birthday is Mona Lisa celebrating in 'Suitcase'?
5. How does Woman prevent Visitor from leaving her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Boxer want Mr. Kimura to arrange and why?
2. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of in round two?
3. What does the offstage voice coach Boxer to do in round two?
4. How does Woman from Hell feel about the stick? What does Man from Hell warn her about?
5. What does Woman ask Visitor about towards the end of the play that convinces Visitor to stay. What is Visitor's response to the question?
6. What does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he is confident in prior to the fight?
7. What does Boxer dream about eating one day?
8. How do Hippie Boy and Girl use the stick?
9. When does Hippie Girl first mention her sister and what do we learn about the sister?
10. Why does Visitor think that whatever is in the suitcase is alive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the term conflict. Choose one of Abe's plays and explain what the conflict is in the play and how that conflict is expressed in the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of Abe's plays and discuss the theme of that play. Be sure to discuss how Abe addresses that theme throughout the play, symbolically and otherwise.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Kobe Abe's biographical information and how it influences the play 'The Man who Turned into a Stick'.
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)