|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Woman think about the suitcase?
2. What is Woman and Visitor's reaction to the noises from the suitcase?
3. What animal does Visitor despise?
4. What does Woman say is inside the suitcase?
5. What birthday is Mona Lisa celebrating in 'Suitcase'?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Visitor think that whatever is in the suitcase is alive?
2. What does the voice offstage in 'Suitcase' speak about? What facts does the voice reveal about the person he or she is speaking about?
3. What does Woman ask Visitor about towards the end of the play that convinces Visitor to stay. What is Visitor's response to the question?
4. What is Woman going to make her husband for dinner?
5. What does the person on the roof tell Woman from Hell and who confirms his story?
6. What does Woman says is stuck on Visitor's Elbow?
7. Why do Man and Woman from Hell approach Hippie Boy and Girl?
8. Why does Visitor think the suitcase is left out for Woman?
9. Does Boxer win or lose the fight at the end of the play?
10. What does Hippie Boy sell in addition to the stick?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the three plays in this collection are linked and why Abe chose to place these three plays in one collection? Start with 'Suitcase' and continue through 'The Man who Turned into a Stick.' Make sure to address the points in each play that share similar themes with the previous plays.
Essay Topic 2
In what play does the line "Nothing can intimidate/ The mask called a smile" come from? Analyze the quote in context of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Which play does the quote "Once again, a man turned into a stick and vanished" come from and who speaks the phrase? What does the quote mean in context of the whole play?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)