|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the first sounds that emerge from the suitcase?
2. On which body part of Visitor is the hair from the animal?
3. What happens when Visitor tries to open the suitcase?
4. What does Visitor determine by looking at the suitcase's lock?
5. When does the suitcase finally open?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hippie Boy accuse Man and Woman from Hell of doing?
2. What speech does the suitcase make that the end of the play?
3. What will Boxer wear on fight day for good luck?
4. What is Visitor not interested in speaking about? How does Woman know this?
5. What does the voice offstage in 'Suitcase' speak about? What facts does the voice reveal about the person he or she is speaking about?
6. When does Hippie Girl first mention her sister and what do we learn about the sister?
7. What does the offstage voice in 'Suitcase' warn the women not to lose? How does voice describe the item he does not want them to lose?
8. What does Boxer want Mr. Kimura to arrange and why?
9. What does the stick reveal about himself at the end of the play?
10. What does Woman ask Visitor about towards the end of the play that convinces Visitor to stay. What is Visitor's response to the question?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which play does the quote "Once again, a man turned into a stick and vanished" come from and who speaks the phrase? What does the quote mean in context of the whole play?
Essay Topic 2
Describe both the literal and symbolic meaning of the suitcase in the play 'Suitcase'. What does the suitcase represent in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character relationship between Visitor and Woman. How does the relationship between these two characters define the other? How does their relationship define other people mentioned in the play?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)