|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Woman think about the suitcase?
2. What article of clothing does Visitor think reveals Woman's husband's personality?
3. What are the first sounds that emerge from the suitcase?
4. What animal does Visitor despise?
5. In the play 'Suitcase', who begins speaking about Mona Lisa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Visitor use to try and open the suitcase? What happens when Visitor tries to open the suitcase?
2. What speech does the suitcase make that the end of the play?
3. What does Boxer prefer to drink and put on his shoes before he enters the ring?
4. What does Woman do at the end of the play instead of looking in the suitcase?
5. Why does Visitor think it would be difficult to open the suitcase? What does she realize upon a better look?
6. When does Hippie Girl first mention her sister and what do we learn about the sister?
7. What is 'The Man Who Turned into a Stick' a metaphor for?
8. What does Hippie Boy sell in addition to the stick?
9. What does the presence of Man and Woman from Hell suggest about the man's death?
10. Why does Visitor think the suitcase is left out for Woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the term conflict. Choose one of Abe's plays and explain what the conflict is in the play and how that conflict is expressed in the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character relationship between Visitor and Woman. How does the relationship between these two characters define the other? How does their relationship define other people mentioned in the play?
Essay Topic 3
What is the message Boxer receives in the three fortune cookies? What does this message mean in context of the play? What is the symbolic meaning of the fortune cookies?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)