|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message is in the fortune cookies that Boxer opens?
(a) "Great fortune arrives on strange horses".
(b) "The tide is coming".
(c) "A windfall is coming your way".
2. What does Boxer accept at the end of round 4?
(a) He won.
(b) He lost.
(c) He is the world champion.
(d) He is not the boxer he once was.
3. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
(a) Failing is not an option.
(b) It's hard work.
(c) It's a quick and painful process.
(d) Only losers fail.
4. Where is Boxer at the start of round 4?
(a) On the sidelines.
(b) In the locker room.
(c) On the mat.
(d) On his feet.
5. What does Boxer think about winning?
(a) It is not important.
(b) He only does it for his mother.
(c) It is crucial.
(d) It is a matter of life and death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer it is time for?
2. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
3. What does Boxer plead with Mr. Kimura for?
4. What object that Boxer is wearing does he claim is good luck?
5. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 3?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)