|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is fearful.
(c) He is both aggressive and cautious.
(d) He is doubtful and frightened.
2. Why is it strange that Boxer rose for work that morning?
(a) It was Saturday.
(b) He had been relieved of work duties.
(c) It was Sunday.
(d) He works the evening shift.
3. How do Boxer's arms feel in round 3?
4. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
(a) Boxer gets the girl.
(b) Boxer calls for help.
(c) Boxer hugs his coach.
(d) Boxer is called to collect his prize.
5. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
(a) Failing is not an option.
(b) It's hard work.
(c) Only losers fail.
(d) It's a quick and painful process.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boxer say won't fail him once he gets into the ring?
2. What instrument signals the end of a round in 'The Cliff of Time'?
3. How many fortune cookies does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he recently opened?
4. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of at the start of Round 2?
5. What does Boxer dream of eating one day?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)