|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Boxer have to get back into the fight?
(a) 6 seconds.
(b) 10 seconds.
(c) 2 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
2. How much control does Boxer have over his body in round 4?
(a) Total control.
(b) Little control.
(c) He is ready for round 5.
(d) He is strong like an ox.
3. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 2?
(a) His wife.
(c) His diary.
(d) His boss.
4. What does the audience learn is Boxer's motto in round 2?
(a) "Fight then pray".
(b) "A day starts with morning"
(c) "Eat, pray, love".
(d) "A fight begins even before it begins".
5. What does Boxer plead with Mr. Kimura for?
(b) A night out.
(c) Another fight.
(d) Better training.
6. What does the voice in round two tell Boxer to do?
(a) Play dead.
(b) Circle the opponent.
(c) Bob and weave.
7. What object that Boxer is wearing does he claim is good luck?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His hat.
(c) His trunks.
(d) His socks.
8. What does the voice ask Boxer after round 2 ends?
(a) If Boxer wants to lose.
(b) If Boxer is ready to quit.
(c) If Boxer understands the coaching advice.
(d) If Boxer is sure he wants to win.
9. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer it is time for?
(a) It is time for sparring practice.
(b) It's time to remember your ancestors and pray.
(c) It's time to call it a day.
(d) Let's get ready to rummmmbbbbleeee!
10. What does Boxer find restrictive about his lifestyle?
(c) Exercise and weight.
11. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 3?
(a) His mother.
(b) How great he feels.
(c) How sore he is.
(d) How bad his opponent is.
12. Where is Boxer at the start of round 4?
(a) On his feet.
(b) On the mat.
(c) In the locker room.
(d) On the sidelines.
13. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
(a) Boxer hugs his coach.
(b) Boxer is called to collect his prize.
(c) Boxer gets the girl.
(d) Boxer calls for help.
14. What does Boxer like to put on his shoes before entering a boxing ring?
15. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of at the start of Round 2?
(a) His opponent is weak.
(b) The fight is going well.
(c) He is the best boxer ever.
(d) The fight is going poorly.
Short Answer Questions
1. During round one of the fight, what does the voice tell Boxer to do?
2. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
3. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
4. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
5. How many fortune cookies does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he recently opened?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)