|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the audience learn is Boxer's motto in round 2?
(a) "A day starts with morning"
(b) "Fight then pray".
(c) "A fight begins even before it begins".
(d) "Eat, pray, love".
2. How do Boxer's arms feel in round 3?
3. What does the voice in round two tell Boxer to do?
(b) Circle the opponent.
(c) Play dead.
(d) Bob and weave.
4. Where is Boxer at the start of round 4?
(a) In the locker room.
(b) On the mat.
(c) On his feet.
(d) On the sidelines.
5. What does Boxer think about winning?
(a) It is crucial.
(b) He only does it for his mother.
(c) It is a matter of life and death.
(d) It is not important.
6. What does Boxer plead with Mr. Kimura for?
(a) Better training.
(b) Another fight.
(c) A night out.
7. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer it is time for?
(a) Let's get ready to rummmmbbbbleeee!
(b) It's time to call it a day.
(c) It's time to remember your ancestors and pray.
(d) It is time for sparring practice.
8. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
(a) Failing is not an option.
(b) Only losers fail.
(c) It's a quick and painful process.
(d) It's hard work.
9. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 3?
(a) How sore he is.
(b) How bad his opponent is.
(c) How great he feels.
(d) His mother.
10. What does Boxer like to put on his shoes before entering a boxing ring?
11. At what distance should one keep their opponent according to Boxer?
(a) 22 inches.
(b) Close by.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) At a distance.
12. Why does Boxer say his body feels refreshed prior to the fight?
(a) He had a good night sleep.
(b) He ate a pizza.
(d) He took vitamins.
13. What does Mr. Kimura look like?
(a) He is invisible.
(b) He is fat and bald.
(c) He is wide.
(d) He is tall and muscular.
14. Who is the main character of 'The Cliff of Time' ?
(c) Mr. Kimura.
15. How long does Boxer have to get back into the fight?
(a) 2 minutes.
(b) 6 seconds.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 10 seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument signals the end of a round in 'The Cliff of Time'?
2. What color is the object that boxer wears for good luck?
3. What does Boxer think the outcome of the fight will be in round one?
4. What does the voice in tell Boxer in round 3?
5. How much control does Boxer have over his body in round 4?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)