|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During round one of the fight, what does the voice tell Boxer to do?
(a) To bob and weave.
(b) Which moves to make.
(c) To fall down.
(d) To forfeit.
2. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
(a) He is doubtful and frightened.
(b) He is fearful.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is both aggressive and cautious.
3. What does Boxer dream of eating one day?
(a) Jelly donuts.
(c) A steak.
4. What does Boxer think about winning?
(a) He only does it for his mother.
(b) It is not important.
(c) It is crucial.
(d) It is a matter of life and death.
5. Why is it strange that Boxer rose for work that morning?
(a) He had been relieved of work duties.
(b) He works the evening shift.
(c) It was Saturday.
(d) It was Sunday.
6. What message is in the fortune cookies that Boxer opens?
(a) "A windfall is coming your way".
(c) "The tide is coming".
(d) "Great fortune arrives on strange horses".
7. What type of milk does Boxer prefer?
8. Why does Boxer say his body feels refreshed prior to the fight?
(a) He had a good night sleep.
(c) He took vitamins.
(d) He ate a pizza.
9. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
(a) Boxer is called to collect his prize.
(b) Boxer hugs his coach.
(c) Boxer gets the girl.
(d) Boxer calls for help.
10. What object that Boxer is wearing does he claim is good luck?
(a) His socks.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His trunks.
(d) His hat.
11. What does the voice in round two tell Boxer to do?
(a) Circle the opponent.
(b) Play dead.
(d) Bob and weave.
12. Where is Boxer at the start of round 4?
(a) On the mat.
(b) On his feet.
(c) On the sidelines.
(d) In the locker room.
13. What does Mr. Kimura look like?
(a) He is wide.
(b) He is fat and bald.
(c) He is invisible.
(d) He is tall and muscular.
14. How much control does Boxer have over his body in round 4?
(a) Total control.
(b) He is strong like an ox.
(c) He is ready for round 5.
(d) Little control.
15. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer it is time for?
(a) It's time to call it a day.
(b) Let's get ready to rummmmbbbbleeee!
(c) It's time to remember your ancestors and pray.
(d) It is time for sparring practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 2?
2. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
3. What does the voice in tell Boxer in round 3?
4. What is Boxer determined to do the rest of his life?
5. What does the audience learn is Boxer's motto in round 2?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)