|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many fortune cookies does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he recently opened?
2. What does the audience learn is Boxer's motto in round 2?
(a) "A day starts with morning"
(b) "A fight begins even before it begins".
(c) "Eat, pray, love".
(d) "Fight then pray".
3. What does Boxer say won't fail him once he gets into the ring?
(a) His feet.
(b) His fingers.
(c) His head.
(d) His arms.
4. How do Boxer's arms feel in round 3?
5. How long does Boxer have to get back into the fight?
(a) 6 seconds.
(b) 2 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 10 seconds.
6. What object that Boxer is wearing does he claim is good luck?
(a) His hat.
(b) His socks.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His trunks.
7. What does Boxer accept at the end of round 4?
(a) He won.
(b) He is not the boxer he once was.
(c) He lost.
(d) He is the world champion.
8. What does Boxer ask Mr. Kimura at the start of 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) What time the fight starts.
(b) How his boxing was the other day.
(c) How his day was.
(d) What his weight class is.
9. What does the voice in tell Boxer in round 3?
(a) To take it easy.
(b) To hit high.
(c) To quit.
(d) To hit low.
10. What does Mr. Kimura look like?
(a) He is tall and muscular.
(b) He is invisible.
(c) He is fat and bald.
(d) He is wide.
11. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer it is time for?
(a) It's time to remember your ancestors and pray.
(b) It's time to call it a day.
(c) It is time for sparring practice.
(d) Let's get ready to rummmmbbbbleeee!
12. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
(a) He is both aggressive and cautious.
(b) He is fearful.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is doubtful and frightened.
13. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
(a) His boss will fire him.
(b) People will boo.
(c) He will retire.
(d) He will lose his ranking.
14. What type of milk does Boxer prefer?
15. What does Boxer plead with Mr. Kimura for?
(a) A night out.
(b) Better training.
(c) Another fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 2?
2. What does Boxer admit his lifestyle is doing to him?
3. Why does Boxer say his body feels refreshed prior to the fight?
4. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
5. What does Boxer dream of eating one day?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)