|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boxer say won't fail him once he gets into the ring?
(a) His arms.
(b) His fingers.
(c) His feet.
(d) His head.
2. What type of milk does Boxer prefer?
3. What instrument signals the end of a round in 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) A symbol.
(b) A drum.
(c) A gong.
(d) A bell.
4. What does Mr. Kimura look like?
(a) He is tall and muscular.
(b) He is invisible.
(c) He is fat and bald.
(d) He is wide.
5. What is Boxer determined to do the rest of his life?
(b) Coach boxing.
(d) Eat whatever he wants.
6. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer it is time for?
(a) It's time to remember your ancestors and pray.
(b) Let's get ready to rummmmbbbbleeee!
(c) It is time for sparring practice.
(d) It's time to call it a day.
7. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
(a) It makes him money.
(b) It's therapeutic.
(c) It's dangerous.
(d) Life is clear cut in the ring.
8. What does Boxer ask Mr. Kimura at the start of 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) How his boxing was the other day.
(b) What his weight class is.
(c) What time the fight starts.
(d) How his day was.
9. What message is in the fortune cookies that Boxer opens?
(a) "The tide is coming".
(b) "A windfall is coming your way".
(c) "Great fortune arrives on strange horses".
10. What does Boxer think the outcome of the fight will be in round one?
(a) He will win.
(b) He will knock out his opponent.
(c) It will be a tie.
(d) He will lose.
11. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
(a) He is both aggressive and cautious.
(b) He is doubtful and frightened.
(c) He is fearful.
(d) He is angry.
12. What does Boxer dream of eating one day?
(b) Jelly donuts.
(d) A steak.
13. Why is it strange that Boxer rose for work that morning?
(a) He had been relieved of work duties.
(b) It was Saturday.
(c) He works the evening shift.
(d) It was Sunday.
14. What does Boxer plead with Mr. Kimura for?
(a) A night out.
(c) Better training.
(d) Another fight.
15. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
(a) Boxer calls for help.
(b) Boxer hugs his coach.
(c) Boxer gets the girl.
(d) Boxer is called to collect his prize.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 2?
2. How much control does Boxer have over his body in round 4?
3. During round one of the fight, what does the voice tell Boxer to do?
4. What color is the object that boxer wears for good luck?
5. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)