|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boxer think the outcome of the fight will be in round one?
(a) He will lose.
(b) He will win.
(c) It will be a tie.
(d) He will knock out his opponent.
2. What does Boxer ask Mr. Kimura at the start of 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) What his weight class is.
(b) How his day was.
(c) What time the fight starts.
(d) How his boxing was the other day.
3. What does the voice ask Boxer after round 2 ends?
(a) If Boxer wants to lose.
(b) If Boxer is sure he wants to win.
(c) If Boxer understands the coaching advice.
(d) If Boxer is ready to quit.
4. How much control does Boxer have over his body in round 4?
(a) He is ready for round 5.
(b) Total control.
(c) He is strong like an ox.
(d) Little control.
5. What does the voice in round two tell Boxer to do?
(a) Circle the opponent.
(c) Bob and weave.
(d) Play dead.
6. What object that Boxer is wearing does he claim is good luck?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His hat.
(c) His socks.
(d) His trunks.
7. What is Boxer determined to do the rest of his life?
(a) Eat whatever he wants.
(d) Coach boxing.
8. What does Boxer plead with Mr. Kimura for?
(b) Another fight.
(c) A night out.
(d) Better training.
9. How do Boxer's arms feel in round 3?
10. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
(a) Failing is not an option.
(b) It's a quick and painful process.
(c) Only losers fail.
(d) It's hard work.
11. What color is the object that boxer wears for good luck?
12. What instrument signals the end of a round in 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) A symbol.
(b) A bell.
(c) A gong.
(d) A drum.
13. What does Boxer accept at the end of round 4?
(a) He won.
(b) He lost.
(c) He is the world champion.
(d) He is not the boxer he once was.
14. What does the audience learn is Boxer's motto in round 2?
(a) "Eat, pray, love".
(b) "Fight then pray".
(c) "A day starts with morning"
(d) "A fight begins even before it begins".
15. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
(a) Boxer is called to collect his prize.
(b) Boxer calls for help.
(c) Boxer gets the girl.
(d) Boxer hugs his coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message is in the fortune cookies that Boxer opens?
2. How many fortune cookies does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he recently opened?
3. What does Boxer like to put on his shoes before entering a boxing ring?
4. During round one of the fight, what does the voice tell Boxer to do?
5. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)