|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Kimura look like?
(a) He is wide.
(b) He is tall and muscular.
(c) He is invisible.
(d) He is fat and bald.
2. Why is it strange that Boxer rose for work that morning?
(a) It was Saturday.
(b) He had been relieved of work duties.
(c) It was Sunday.
(d) He works the evening shift.
3. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of at the start of Round 2?
(a) His opponent is weak.
(b) The fight is going poorly.
(c) The fight is going well.
(d) He is the best boxer ever.
4. What does the voice in round two tell Boxer to do?
(b) Play dead.
(c) Circle the opponent.
(d) Bob and weave.
5. What instrument signals the end of a round in 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) A bell.
(b) A drum.
(c) A gong.
(d) A symbol.
6. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
(a) Boxer calls for help.
(b) Boxer hugs his coach.
(c) Boxer is called to collect his prize.
(d) Boxer gets the girl.
7. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 3?
(a) How bad his opponent is.
(b) How sore he is.
(c) How great he feels.
(d) His mother.
8. Who is the main character of 'The Cliff of Time' ?
(b) Mr. Kimura.
9. What does Boxer think the outcome of the fight will be in round one?
(a) It will be a tie.
(b) He will win.
(c) He will lose.
(d) He will knock out his opponent.
10. What does Boxer think about winning?
(a) It is not important.
(b) It is crucial.
(c) He only does it for his mother.
(d) It is a matter of life and death.
11. What message is in the fortune cookies that Boxer opens?
(b) "Great fortune arrives on strange horses".
(c) "A windfall is coming your way".
(d) "The tide is coming".
12. What type of milk does Boxer prefer?
13. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
(a) Failing is not an option.
(b) It's a quick and painful process.
(c) It's hard work.
(d) Only losers fail.
14. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
(a) He is both aggressive and cautious.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is fearful.
(d) He is doubtful and frightened.
15. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer it is time for?
(a) Let's get ready to rummmmbbbbleeee!
(b) It is time for sparring practice.
(c) It's time to call it a day.
(d) It's time to remember your ancestors and pray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boxer ask Mr. Kimura at the start of 'The Cliff of Time'?
2. How long does Boxer have to get back into the fight?
3. What does Boxer accept at the end of round 4?
4. What is Boxer determined to do the rest of his life?
5. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)