|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the voice in tell Boxer in round 3?
(a) To hit high.
(b) To take it easy.
(c) To quit.
(d) To hit low.
2. What does the voice ask Boxer after round 2 ends?
(a) If Boxer is ready to quit.
(b) If Boxer understands the coaching advice.
(c) If Boxer is sure he wants to win.
(d) If Boxer wants to lose.
3. What does Boxer think about winning?
(a) It is a matter of life and death.
(b) He only does it for his mother.
(c) It is crucial.
(d) It is not important.
4. What does Boxer like to put on his shoes before entering a boxing ring?
5. Why does Boxer say his body feels refreshed prior to the fight?
(a) He ate a pizza.
(b) He had a good night sleep.
(c) He took vitamins.
6. What message is in the fortune cookies that Boxer opens?
(a) "The tide is coming".
(b) "Great fortune arrives on strange horses".
(d) "A windfall is coming your way".
7. What does Boxer ask Mr. Kimura at the start of 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) What time the fight starts.
(b) What his weight class is.
(c) How his boxing was the other day.
(d) How his day was.
8. During round one of the fight, what does the voice tell Boxer to do?
(a) To bob and weave.
(b) To fall down.
(c) To forfeit.
(d) Which moves to make.
9. What color is the object that boxer wears for good luck?
10. What does the voice in round two tell Boxer to do?
(a) Play dead.
(c) Bob and weave.
(d) Circle the opponent.
11. Where is Boxer at the start of round 4?
(a) In the locker room.
(b) On the mat.
(c) On his feet.
(d) On the sidelines.
12. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
(a) It's therapeutic.
(b) It makes him money.
(c) Life is clear cut in the ring.
(d) It's dangerous.
13. At what distance should one keep their opponent according to Boxer?
(a) 22 inches.
(b) Close by.
(c) At a distance.
(d) 10 feet.
14. Who is the main character of 'The Cliff of Time' ?
(c) Mr. Kimura.
15. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 3?
(a) His mother.
(b) How sore he is.
(c) How great he feels.
(d) How bad his opponent is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boxer find restrictive about his lifestyle?
2. What is Boxer determined to do the rest of his life?
3. What does the audience learn is Boxer's motto in round 2?
4. What does Mr. Kimura look like?
5. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)