|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of at the start of Round 2?
(a) His opponent is weak.
(b) He is the best boxer ever.
(c) The fight is going well.
(d) The fight is going poorly.
2. What does the audience learn is Boxer's motto in round 2?
(a) "A day starts with morning"
(b) "Fight then pray".
(c) "A fight begins even before it begins".
(d) "Eat, pray, love".
3. What does Boxer plead with Mr. Kimura for?
(b) Another fight.
(c) Better training.
(d) A night out.
4. How many fortune cookies does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he recently opened?
5. What is Boxer determined to do the rest of his life?
(b) Coach boxing.
(c) Eat whatever he wants.
6. What does Boxer dream of eating one day?
(c) Jelly donuts.
(d) A steak.
7. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer it is time for?
(a) It's time to call it a day.
(b) It is time for sparring practice.
(c) It's time to remember your ancestors and pray.
(d) Let's get ready to rummmmbbbbleeee!
8. What object that Boxer is wearing does he claim is good luck?
(a) His hat.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His socks.
(d) His trunks.
9. How long does Boxer have to get back into the fight?
(a) 6 seconds.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 10 seconds.
(d) 2 minutes.
10. What does Boxer ask Mr. Kimura at the start of 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) How his boxing was the other day.
(b) What time the fight starts.
(c) How his day was.
(d) What his weight class is.
11. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
(a) Life is clear cut in the ring.
(b) It makes him money.
(c) It's dangerous.
(d) It's therapeutic.
12. How do Boxer's arms feel in round 3?
13. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
(a) He will lose his ranking.
(b) He will retire.
(c) His boss will fire him.
(d) People will boo.
14. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
(a) He is fearful.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is doubtful and frightened.
(d) He is both aggressive and cautious.
15. During round one of the fight, what does the voice tell Boxer to do?
(a) Which moves to make.
(b) To forfeit.
(c) To fall down.
(d) To bob and weave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Kimura look like?
2. What type of milk does Boxer prefer?
3. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 2?
4. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
5. Why does Boxer say his body feels refreshed prior to the fight?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)