|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 2?
(b) His boss.
(c) His wife.
(d) His diary.
2. What does Boxer accept at the end of round 4?
(a) He is not the boxer he once was.
(b) He is the world champion.
(c) He lost.
(d) He won.
3. What does Boxer like to put on his shoes before entering a boxing ring?
4. At what distance should one keep their opponent according to Boxer?
(a) 10 feet.
(b) 22 inches.
(c) Close by.
(d) At a distance.
5. How many fortune cookies does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he recently opened?
6. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
(a) Failing is not an option.
(b) Only losers fail.
(c) It's hard work.
(d) It's a quick and painful process.
7. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
(a) It makes him money.
(b) It's therapeutic.
(c) It's dangerous.
(d) Life is clear cut in the ring.
8. What does Boxer plead with Mr. Kimura for?
(b) Another fight.
(c) Better training.
(d) A night out.
9. How long does Boxer have to get back into the fight?
(a) 10 seconds.
(b) 2 minutes.
(c) 6 seconds.
(d) 5 minutes.
10. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 3?
(a) His mother.
(b) How great he feels.
(c) How sore he is.
(d) How bad his opponent is.
11. What does Boxer dream of eating one day?
(b) Jelly donuts.
(d) A steak.
12. What does the voice ask Boxer after round 2 ends?
(a) If Boxer wants to lose.
(b) If Boxer is sure he wants to win.
(c) If Boxer understands the coaching advice.
(d) If Boxer is ready to quit.
13. Where is Boxer at the start of round 4?
(a) On the mat.
(b) On the sidelines.
(c) In the locker room.
(d) On his feet.
14. What does Boxer think the outcome of the fight will be in round one?
(a) He will win.
(b) He will knock out his opponent.
(c) He will lose.
(d) It will be a tie.
15. What does Mr. Kimura look like?
(a) He is fat and bald.
(b) He is wide.
(c) He is invisible.
(d) He is tall and muscular.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
2. What instrument signals the end of a round in 'The Cliff of Time'?
3. Why is it strange that Boxer rose for work that morning?
4. Why does Boxer say his body feels refreshed prior to the fight?
5. Who is the main character of 'The Cliff of Time' ?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)