|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much control does Boxer have over his body in round 4?
(a) He is strong like an ox.
(b) Little control.
(c) He is ready for round 5.
(d) Total control.
2. What is Boxer determined to do the rest of his life?
(c) Coach boxing.
(d) Eat whatever he wants.
3. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
(a) It's dangerous.
(b) It's therapeutic.
(c) It makes him money.
(d) Life is clear cut in the ring.
4. Why does Boxer say his body feels refreshed prior to the fight?
(a) He had a good night sleep.
(b) He ate a pizza.
(d) He took vitamins.
5. What does Boxer like to put on his shoes before entering a boxing ring?
6. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 3?
(a) How great he feels.
(b) How sore he is.
(c) How bad his opponent is.
(d) His mother.
7. What object that Boxer is wearing does he claim is good luck?
(a) His trunks.
(b) His hat.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His socks.
8. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 2?
(a) His wife.
(b) His boss.
(d) His diary.
9. How do Boxer's arms feel in round 3?
10. What does Boxer admit his lifestyle is doing to him?
(a) Preparing him to fight.
(b) Causing him extra trips to the dentist.
(c) Taking a toll on him.
(d) Making him look younger.
11. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer it is time for?
(a) It is time for sparring practice.
(b) It's time to remember your ancestors and pray.
(c) It's time to call it a day.
(d) Let's get ready to rummmmbbbbleeee!
12. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of at the start of Round 2?
(a) The fight is going poorly.
(b) The fight is going well.
(c) His opponent is weak.
(d) He is the best boxer ever.
13. What does Mr. Kimura look like?
(a) He is fat and bald.
(b) He is wide.
(c) He is tall and muscular.
(d) He is invisible.
14. What does Boxer ask Mr. Kimura at the start of 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) How his boxing was the other day.
(b) What his weight class is.
(c) How his day was.
(d) What time the fight starts.
15. Who is the main character of 'The Cliff of Time' ?
(b) Mr. Kimura.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the voice in tell Boxer in round 3?
2. What does the audience learn is Boxer's motto in round 2?
3. What does Boxer dream of eating one day?
4. Where is Boxer at the start of round 4?
5. Why is it strange that Boxer rose for work that morning?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)