|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
(a) He is doubtful and frightened.
(b) He is fearful.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is both aggressive and cautious.
2. What object that Boxer is wearing does he claim is good luck?
(a) His trunks.
(b) His hat.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His socks.
3. Why does Boxer say his body feels refreshed prior to the fight?
(b) He ate a pizza.
(c) He took vitamins.
(d) He had a good night sleep.
4. What does the voice in tell Boxer in round 3?
(a) To hit high.
(b) To quit.
(c) To hit low.
(d) To take it easy.
5. Who is the main character of 'The Cliff of Time' ?
(d) Mr. Kimura.
6. What does Boxer like to put on his shoes before entering a boxing ring?
7. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
(a) It makes him money.
(b) Life is clear cut in the ring.
(c) It's therapeutic.
(d) It's dangerous.
8. What type of milk does Boxer prefer?
9. How do Boxer's arms feel in round 3?
10. Why is it strange that Boxer rose for work that morning?
(a) He had been relieved of work duties.
(b) He works the evening shift.
(c) It was Saturday.
(d) It was Sunday.
11. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
(a) Failing is not an option.
(b) Only losers fail.
(c) It's a quick and painful process.
(d) It's hard work.
12. What does the voice in round two tell Boxer to do?
(a) Circle the opponent.
(b) Bob and weave.
(c) Play dead.
13. What does Boxer accept at the end of round 4?
(a) He is the world champion.
(b) He is not the boxer he once was.
(c) He won.
(d) He lost.
14. What instrument signals the end of a round in 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) A symbol.
(b) A drum.
(c) A bell.
(d) A gong.
15. What does Mr. Kimura look like?
(a) He is tall and muscular.
(b) He is fat and bald.
(c) He is wide.
(d) He is invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of at the start of Round 2?
2. What does Boxer plead with Mr. Kimura for?
3. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer it is time for?
4. What does Boxer dream of eating one day?
5. How many fortune cookies does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he recently opened?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)