|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 2?
(a) His wife.
(b) His diary.
(d) His boss.
2. What does Boxer dream of eating one day?
(a) Jelly donuts.
(d) A steak.
3. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of at the start of Round 2?
(a) He is the best boxer ever.
(b) The fight is going poorly.
(c) His opponent is weak.
(d) The fight is going well.
4. What color is the object that boxer wears for good luck?
5. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
(a) It's a quick and painful process.
(b) Failing is not an option.
(c) It's hard work.
(d) Only losers fail.
6. What does the voice ask Boxer after round 2 ends?
(a) If Boxer wants to lose.
(b) If Boxer is sure he wants to win.
(c) If Boxer understands the coaching advice.
(d) If Boxer is ready to quit.
7. Why is it strange that Boxer rose for work that morning?
(a) It was Sunday.
(b) It was Saturday.
(c) He works the evening shift.
(d) He had been relieved of work duties.
8. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer it is time for?
(a) It's time to call it a day.
(b) It's time to remember your ancestors and pray.
(c) It is time for sparring practice.
(d) Let's get ready to rummmmbbbbleeee!
9. Who is the main character of 'The Cliff of Time' ?
(a) Mr. Kimura.
10. What type of milk does Boxer prefer?
11. What does Boxer say won't fail him once he gets into the ring?
(a) His feet.
(b) His arms.
(c) His head.
(d) His fingers.
12. Why does Boxer say his body feels refreshed prior to the fight?
(a) He had a good night sleep.
(b) He took vitamins.
(d) He ate a pizza.
13. What is Boxer determined to do the rest of his life?
(a) Eat whatever he wants.
(b) Coach boxing.
14. What does Boxer think the outcome of the fight will be in round one?
(a) He will win.
(b) It will be a tie.
(c) He will lose.
(d) He will knock out his opponent.
15. How do Boxer's arms feel in round 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fortune cookies does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he recently opened?
2. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
3. What instrument signals the end of a round in 'The Cliff of Time'?
4. How much control does Boxer have over his body in round 4?
5. What object that Boxer is wearing does he claim is good luck?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)