|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 3?
(a) His mother.
(b) How bad his opponent is.
(c) How sore he is.
(d) How great he feels.
2. What does the voice in tell Boxer in round 3?
(a) To take it easy.
(b) To hit low.
(c) To quit.
(d) To hit high.
3. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of at the start of Round 2?
(a) The fight is going well.
(b) He is the best boxer ever.
(c) His opponent is weak.
(d) The fight is going poorly.
4. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 2?
(a) His wife.
(c) His diary.
(d) His boss.
5. During round one of the fight, what does the voice tell Boxer to do?
(a) Which moves to make.
(b) To fall down.
(c) To bob and weave.
(d) To forfeit.
6. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
(a) Boxer hugs his coach.
(b) Boxer calls for help.
(c) Boxer gets the girl.
(d) Boxer is called to collect his prize.
7. What does Boxer ask Mr. Kimura at the start of 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) What his weight class is.
(b) How his day was.
(c) What time the fight starts.
(d) How his boxing was the other day.
8. What type of milk does Boxer prefer?
9. Why is it strange that Boxer rose for work that morning?
(a) He had been relieved of work duties.
(b) It was Sunday.
(c) He works the evening shift.
(d) It was Saturday.
10. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is fearful.
(c) He is both aggressive and cautious.
(d) He is doubtful and frightened.
11. What message is in the fortune cookies that Boxer opens?
(a) "A windfall is coming your way".
(c) "Great fortune arrives on strange horses".
(d) "The tide is coming".
12. How do Boxer's arms feel in round 3?
13. What color is the object that boxer wears for good luck?
14. What is Boxer determined to do the rest of his life?
(b) Eat whatever he wants.
(d) Coach boxing.
15. What does Boxer think about winning?
(a) It is not important.
(b) It is a matter of life and death.
(c) It is crucial.
(d) He only does it for his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boxer dream of eating one day?
2. What object that Boxer is wearing does he claim is good luck?
3. What instrument signals the end of a round in 'The Cliff of Time'?
4. What does the voice ask Boxer after round 2 ends?
5. What does the audience learn is Boxer's motto in round 2?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)