|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boxer think the outcome of the fight will be in round one?
(a) It will be a tie.
(b) He will lose.
(c) He will knock out his opponent.
(d) He will win.
2. What does Boxer plead with Mr. Kimura for?
(a) Another fight.
(b) A night out.
(d) Better training.
3. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 3?
(a) How great he feels.
(b) How bad his opponent is.
(c) How sore he is.
(d) His mother.
4. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
(a) Boxer gets the girl.
(b) Boxer hugs his coach.
(c) Boxer is called to collect his prize.
(d) Boxer calls for help.
5. What does the voice ask Boxer after round 2 ends?
(a) If Boxer is ready to quit.
(b) If Boxer is sure he wants to win.
(c) If Boxer understands the coaching advice.
(d) If Boxer wants to lose.
6. Who is the main character of 'The Cliff of Time' ?
(c) Mr. Kimura.
7. What does Boxer accept at the end of round 4?
(a) He is the world champion.
(b) He won.
(c) He is not the boxer he once was.
(d) He lost.
8. During round one of the fight, what does the voice tell Boxer to do?
(a) Which moves to make.
(b) To bob and weave.
(c) To forfeit.
(d) To fall down.
9. At what distance should one keep their opponent according to Boxer?
(a) Close by.
(b) 22 inches.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) At a distance.
10. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
(a) He will lose his ranking.
(b) He will retire.
(c) People will boo.
(d) His boss will fire him.
11. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
(a) It's hard work.
(b) It's a quick and painful process.
(c) Failing is not an option.
(d) Only losers fail.
12. What does Boxer say won't fail him once he gets into the ring?
(a) His head.
(b) His fingers.
(c) His feet.
(d) His arms.
13. What instrument signals the end of a round in 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) A symbol.
(b) A bell.
(c) A gong.
(d) A drum.
14. How many fortune cookies does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he recently opened?
15. What does Boxer ask Mr. Kimura at the start of 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) How his day was.
(b) What time the fight starts.
(c) How his boxing was the other day.
(d) What his weight class is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Boxer's arms feel in round 3?
2. What is Boxer determined to do the rest of his life?
3. What does Boxer admit his lifestyle is doing to him?
4. What does the audience learn is Boxer's motto in round 2?
5. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 2?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)