|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Boxer say his body feels refreshed prior to the fight?
(a) He ate a pizza.
(b) He had a good night sleep.
(d) He took vitamins.
2. What does Boxer say won't fail him once he gets into the ring?
(a) His head.
(b) His fingers.
(c) His feet.
(d) His arms.
3. How do Boxer's arms feel in round 3?
4. What does Boxer like to put on his shoes before entering a boxing ring?
5. Who is the main character of 'The Cliff of Time' ?
(c) Mr. Kimura.
6. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is fearful.
(c) He is both aggressive and cautious.
(d) He is doubtful and frightened.
7. What does Boxer find restrictive about his lifestyle?
(b) Exercise and weight.
8. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 2?
(b) His diary.
(c) His wife.
(d) His boss.
9. How long does Boxer have to get back into the fight?
(a) 2 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 10 seconds.
(d) 6 seconds.
10. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
(a) Boxer hugs his coach.
(b) Boxer is called to collect his prize.
(c) Boxer calls for help.
(d) Boxer gets the girl.
11. At what distance should one keep their opponent according to Boxer?
(a) 22 inches.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) Close by.
(d) At a distance.
12. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of at the start of Round 2?
(a) He is the best boxer ever.
(b) His opponent is weak.
(c) The fight is going poorly.
(d) The fight is going well.
13. What type of milk does Boxer prefer?
14. What does Boxer ask Mr. Kimura at the start of 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) How his boxing was the other day.
(b) What his weight class is.
(c) What time the fight starts.
(d) How his day was.
15. What color is the object that boxer wears for good luck?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
2. What does Mr. Kimura look like?
3. What does the voice in round two tell Boxer to do?
4. How much control does Boxer have over his body in round 4?
5. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)