|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
(a) Failing is not an option.
(b) It's a quick and painful process.
(c) It's hard work.
(d) Only losers fail.
2. How long does Boxer have to get back into the fight?
(a) 10 seconds.
(b) 2 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 6 seconds.
3. What does Boxer accept at the end of round 4?
(a) He lost.
(b) He is not the boxer he once was.
(c) He is the world champion.
(d) He won.
4. What does the audience learn is Boxer's motto in round 2?
(a) "A fight begins even before it begins".
(b) "Fight then pray".
(c) "A day starts with morning"
(d) "Eat, pray, love".
5. What instrument signals the end of a round in 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) A bell.
(b) A drum.
(c) A symbol.
(d) A gong.
6. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
(a) He is fearful.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is doubtful and frightened.
(d) He is both aggressive and cautious.
7. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer it is time for?
(a) It's time to call it a day.
(b) Let's get ready to rummmmbbbbleeee!
(c) It's time to remember your ancestors and pray.
(d) It is time for sparring practice.
8. What does Mr. Kimura look like?
(a) He is tall and muscular.
(b) He is wide.
(c) He is invisible.
(d) He is fat and bald.
9. Why is it strange that Boxer rose for work that morning?
(a) It was Saturday.
(b) He works the evening shift.
(c) He had been relieved of work duties.
(d) It was Sunday.
10. What does Boxer find restrictive about his lifestyle?
(a) Exercise and weight.
11. What does Boxer like to put on his shoes before entering a boxing ring?
12. During round one of the fight, what does the voice tell Boxer to do?
(a) To bob and weave.
(b) To fall down.
(c) To forfeit.
(d) Which moves to make.
13. What does Boxer plead with Mr. Kimura for?
(b) Another fight.
(c) Better training.
(d) A night out.
14. What does the voice in round two tell Boxer to do?
(a) Circle the opponent.
(b) Play dead.
(d) Bob and weave.
15. At what distance should one keep their opponent according to Boxer?
(a) 22 inches.
(b) At a distance.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) Close by.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boxer think about winning?
2. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
3. What color is the object that boxer wears for good luck?
4. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of at the start of Round 2?
5. What is Boxer determined to do the rest of his life?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)