|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boxer dream of eating one day?
(a) A steak.
(c) Jelly donuts.
2. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 3?
(a) How sore he is.
(b) How great he feels.
(c) How bad his opponent is.
(d) His mother.
3. What does Mr. Kimura look like?
(a) He is invisible.
(b) He is tall and muscular.
(c) He is fat and bald.
(d) He is wide.
4. Why does Boxer say his body feels refreshed prior to the fight?
(a) He had a good night sleep.
(b) He ate a pizza.
(d) He took vitamins.
5. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
(a) His boss will fire him.
(b) He will lose his ranking.
(c) People will boo.
(d) He will retire.
6. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
(a) He is doubtful and frightened.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is both aggressive and cautious.
(d) He is fearful.
7. How do Boxer's arms feel in round 3?
8. What is Boxer determined to do the rest of his life?
(b) Coach boxing.
(d) Eat whatever he wants.
9. What does Boxer admit his lifestyle is doing to him?
(a) Causing him extra trips to the dentist.
(b) Preparing him to fight.
(c) Making him look younger.
(d) Taking a toll on him.
10. What does Boxer say won't fail him once he gets into the ring?
(a) His feet.
(b) His fingers.
(c) His arms.
(d) His head.
11. How long does Boxer have to get back into the fight?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 6 seconds.
(c) 10 seconds.
(d) 2 minutes.
12. What does the voice in round two tell Boxer to do?
(b) Play dead.
(c) Bob and weave.
(d) Circle the opponent.
13. What does Boxer ask Mr. Kimura at the start of 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) What his weight class is.
(b) How his boxing was the other day.
(c) How his day was.
(d) What time the fight starts.
14. Why is it strange that Boxer rose for work that morning?
(a) It was Sunday.
(b) It was Saturday.
(c) He works the evening shift.
(d) He had been relieved of work duties.
15. What does Boxer think about winning?
(a) He only does it for his mother.
(b) It is not important.
(c) It is crucial.
(d) It is a matter of life and death.
Short Answer Questions
1. During round one of the fight, what does the voice tell Boxer to do?
2. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of at the start of Round 2?
3. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer it is time for?
4. What does Boxer plead with Mr. Kimura for?
5. At what distance should one keep their opponent according to Boxer?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)