|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
(a) It's a quick and painful process.
(b) Only losers fail.
(c) Failing is not an option.
(d) It's hard work.
2. What does the audience learn is Boxer's motto in round 2?
(a) "A day starts with morning"
(b) "A fight begins even before it begins".
(c) "Eat, pray, love".
(d) "Fight then pray".
3. What does Boxer say won't fail him once he gets into the ring?
(a) His head.
(b) His arms.
(c) His feet.
(d) His fingers.
4. What does Boxer think about winning?
(a) It is not important.
(b) He only does it for his mother.
(c) It is crucial.
(d) It is a matter of life and death.
5. What type of milk does Boxer prefer?
6. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
(a) Life is clear cut in the ring.
(b) It's therapeutic.
(c) It's dangerous.
(d) It makes him money.
7. Why does Boxer say his body feels refreshed prior to the fight?
(a) He ate a pizza.
(c) He had a good night sleep.
(d) He took vitamins.
8. What instrument signals the end of a round in 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) A bell.
(b) A gong.
(c) A drum.
(d) A symbol.
9. What does the voice ask Boxer after round 2 ends?
(a) If Boxer is ready to quit.
(b) If Boxer understands the coaching advice.
(c) If Boxer wants to lose.
(d) If Boxer is sure he wants to win.
10. What does the voice in tell Boxer in round 3?
(a) To take it easy.
(b) To hit low.
(c) To hit high.
(d) To quit.
11. What does Boxer plead with Mr. Kimura for?
(b) Another fight.
(c) A night out.
(d) Better training.
12. What does Boxer accept at the end of round 4?
(a) He won.
(b) He is the world champion.
(c) He lost.
(d) He is not the boxer he once was.
13. Who is the main character of 'The Cliff of Time' ?
(a) Mr. Kimura.
14. What does Boxer dream of eating one day?
(b) A steak.
(d) Jelly donuts.
15. At what distance should one keep their opponent according to Boxer?
(a) 22 inches.
(b) Close by.
(c) At a distance.
(d) 10 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boxer like to put on his shoes before entering a boxing ring?
2. How many fortune cookies does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he recently opened?
3. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of at the start of Round 2?
4. What color is the object that boxer wears for good luck?
5. How long does Boxer have to get back into the fight?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)