|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the audience learn is Boxer's motto in round 2?
(a) "A fight begins even before it begins".
(b) "Eat, pray, love".
(c) "A day starts with morning"
(d) "Fight then pray".
2. What does Boxer think about winning?
(a) It is not important.
(b) It is crucial.
(c) He only does it for his mother.
(d) It is a matter of life and death.
3. What does Boxer admit his lifestyle is doing to him?
(a) Taking a toll on him.
(b) Making him look younger.
(c) Preparing him to fight.
(d) Causing him extra trips to the dentist.
4. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is doubtful and frightened.
(c) He is both aggressive and cautious.
(d) He is fearful.
5. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 3?
(a) How bad his opponent is.
(b) How great he feels.
(c) How sore he is.
(d) His mother.
6. How much control does Boxer have over his body in round 4?
(a) Little control.
(b) He is ready for round 5.
(c) He is strong like an ox.
(d) Total control.
7. What does Boxer plead with Mr. Kimura for?
(a) Another fight.
(c) A night out.
(d) Better training.
8. At what distance should one keep their opponent according to Boxer?
(a) Close by.
(b) At a distance.
(c) 22 inches.
(d) 10 feet.
9. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
(a) He will lose his ranking.
(b) His boss will fire him.
(c) He will retire.
(d) People will boo.
10. How many fortune cookies does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he recently opened?
11. What does the voice ask Boxer after round 2 ends?
(a) If Boxer is ready to quit.
(b) If Boxer is sure he wants to win.
(c) If Boxer understands the coaching advice.
(d) If Boxer wants to lose.
12. What does Boxer find restrictive about his lifestyle?
(d) Exercise and weight.
13. What does Mr. Kimura look like?
(a) He is tall and muscular.
(b) He is wide.
(c) He is invisible.
(d) He is fat and bald.
14. What does Boxer dream of eating one day?
(a) A steak.
(c) Jelly donuts.
15. What does Boxer ask Mr. Kimura at the start of 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) How his day was.
(b) What time the fight starts.
(c) What his weight class is.
(d) How his boxing was the other day.
Short Answer Questions
1. During round one of the fight, what does the voice tell Boxer to do?
2. Where is Boxer at the start of round 4?
3. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of at the start of Round 2?
4. What does the voice in tell Boxer in round 3?
5. What color is the object that boxer wears for good luck?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)