|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Boxer have to get back into the fight?
(a) 2 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 6 seconds.
(d) 10 seconds.
2. What is Boxer determined to do the rest of his life?
(a) Eat whatever he wants.
(c) Coach boxing.
3. What does Boxer plead with Mr. Kimura for?
(b) A night out.
(c) Another fight.
(d) Better training.
4. What color is the object that boxer wears for good luck?
5. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
(a) Boxer calls for help.
(b) Boxer hugs his coach.
(c) Boxer is called to collect his prize.
(d) Boxer gets the girl.
6. Why does Boxer say his body feels refreshed prior to the fight?
(a) He ate a pizza.
(b) He took vitamins.
(d) He had a good night sleep.
7. What does the voice in round two tell Boxer to do?
(a) Bob and weave.
(b) Play dead.
(c) Circle the opponent.
8. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
(a) Failing is not an option.
(b) It's hard work.
(c) Only losers fail.
(d) It's a quick and painful process.
9. What does Mr. Kimura look like?
(a) He is invisible.
(b) He is fat and bald.
(c) He is wide.
(d) He is tall and muscular.
10. What does the audience learn is Boxer's motto in round 2?
(a) "Fight then pray".
(b) "A day starts with morning"
(c) "A fight begins even before it begins".
(d) "Eat, pray, love".
11. What does the voice in tell Boxer in round 3?
(a) To hit high.
(b) To take it easy.
(c) To quit.
(d) To hit low.
12. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 3?
(a) How great he feels.
(b) His mother.
(c) How sore he is.
(d) How bad his opponent is.
13. What instrument signals the end of a round in 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) A bell.
(b) A drum.
(c) A symbol.
(d) A gong.
14. What does Boxer find restrictive about his lifestyle?
(a) Exercise and weight.
15. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
(a) He is both aggressive and cautious.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is fearful.
(d) He is doubtful and frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the voice ask Boxer after round 2 ends?
2. Who is the main character of 'The Cliff of Time' ?
3. What does Boxer think about winning?
4. What does Boxer like to put on his shoes before entering a boxing ring?
5. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)