|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the audience learn is Boxer's motto in round 2?
(a) "Fight then pray".
(b) "A fight begins even before it begins".
(c) "A day starts with morning"
(d) "Eat, pray, love".
2. What message is in the fortune cookies that Boxer opens?
(a) "A windfall is coming your way".
(c) "The tide is coming".
(d) "Great fortune arrives on strange horses".
3. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
(a) Boxer is called to collect his prize.
(b) Boxer hugs his coach.
(c) Boxer gets the girl.
(d) Boxer calls for help.
4. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
(a) He will retire.
(b) His boss will fire him.
(c) People will boo.
(d) He will lose his ranking.
5. What type of milk does Boxer prefer?
6. What does Boxer accept at the end of round 4?
(a) He lost.
(b) He won.
(c) He is the world champion.
(d) He is not the boxer he once was.
7. During round one of the fight, what does the voice tell Boxer to do?
(a) To forfeit.
(b) To bob and weave.
(c) Which moves to make.
(d) To fall down.
8. What does Boxer say won't fail him once he gets into the ring?
(a) His feet.
(b) His head.
(c) His arms.
(d) His fingers.
9. What does the voice in tell Boxer in round 3?
(a) To take it easy.
(b) To quit.
(c) To hit low.
(d) To hit high.
10. What does Boxer dream of eating one day?
(a) A steak.
(c) Jelly donuts.
11. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 3?
(a) How bad his opponent is.
(b) How great he feels.
(c) His mother.
(d) How sore he is.
12. How many fortune cookies does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he recently opened?
13. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
(a) Failing is not an option.
(b) Only losers fail.
(c) It's hard work.
(d) It's a quick and painful process.
14. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
(a) Life is clear cut in the ring.
(b) It makes him money.
(c) It's dangerous.
(d) It's therapeutic.
15. What does Boxer think the outcome of the fight will be in round one?
(a) He will lose.
(b) He will knock out his opponent.
(c) It will be a tie.
(d) He will win.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
2. At what distance should one keep their opponent according to Boxer?
3. What color is the object that boxer wears for good luck?
4. What does Boxer admit his lifestyle is doing to him?
5. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of at the start of Round 2?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)