|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object that Boxer is wearing does he claim is good luck?
(a) His socks.
(b) His trunks.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His hat.
2. What does Boxer dream of eating one day?
(b) Jelly donuts.
(d) A steak.
3. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer it is time for?
(a) Let's get ready to rummmmbbbbleeee!
(b) It is time for sparring practice.
(c) It's time to call it a day.
(d) It's time to remember your ancestors and pray.
4. How much control does Boxer have over his body in round 4?
(a) Total control.
(b) He is ready for round 5.
(c) He is strong like an ox.
(d) Little control.
5. What does Boxer attempt to convince himself of at the start of Round 2?
(a) He is the best boxer ever.
(b) His opponent is weak.
(c) The fight is going poorly.
(d) The fight is going well.
6. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
(a) It's a quick and painful process.
(b) It's hard work.
(c) Failing is not an option.
(d) Only losers fail.
7. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 2?
(a) His diary.
(b) His wife.
(c) His boss.
8. What does Boxer say won't fail him once he gets into the ring?
(a) His head.
(b) His arms.
(c) His fingers.
(d) His feet.
9. Where is Boxer at the start of round 4?
(a) On the mat.
(b) On the sidelines.
(c) In the locker room.
(d) On his feet.
10. Why does Boxer say his body feels refreshed prior to the fight?
(a) He ate a pizza.
(c) He took vitamins.
(d) He had a good night sleep.
11. What color is the object that boxer wears for good luck?
12. What does Boxer ask Mr. Kimura at the start of 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) What his weight class is.
(b) What time the fight starts.
(c) How his boxing was the other day.
(d) How his day was.
13. What does Boxer find restrictive about his lifestyle?
(d) Exercise and weight.
14. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
(a) It makes him money.
(b) Life is clear cut in the ring.
(c) It's therapeutic.
(d) It's dangerous.
15. What does Boxer like to put on his shoes before entering a boxing ring?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
2. What does Boxer accept at the end of round 4?
3. Who is the main character of 'The Cliff of Time' ?
4. How many fortune cookies does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he recently opened?
5. What does the voice ask Boxer after round 2 ends?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)