|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During round one of the fight, what does the voice tell Boxer to do?
(a) To forfeit.
(b) To bob and weave.
(c) Which moves to make.
(d) To fall down.
2. What instrument signals the end of a round in 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) A gong.
(b) A symbol.
(c) A bell.
(d) A drum.
3. What does the voice in tell Boxer in round 3?
(a) To take it easy.
(b) To hit high.
(c) To hit low.
(d) To quit.
4. What does Boxer admit his lifestyle is doing to him?
(a) Causing him extra trips to the dentist.
(b) Making him look younger.
(c) Preparing him to fight.
(d) Taking a toll on him.
5. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
(a) Failing is not an option.
(b) Only losers fail.
(c) It's a quick and painful process.
(d) It's hard work.
6. What does Mr. Kimura look like?
(a) He is fat and bald.
(b) He is invisible.
(c) He is tall and muscular.
(d) He is wide.
7. What does Boxer plead with Mr. Kimura for?
(a) A night out.
(c) Another fight.
(d) Better training.
8. What does the voice ask Boxer after round 2 ends?
(a) If Boxer understands the coaching advice.
(b) If Boxer is ready to quit.
(c) If Boxer is sure he wants to win.
(d) If Boxer wants to lose.
9. What does Boxer ask Mr. Kimura at the start of 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) How his day was.
(b) What his weight class is.
(c) What time the fight starts.
(d) How his boxing was the other day.
10. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 2?
(b) His diary.
(c) His boss.
(d) His wife.
11. What does Boxer dream of eating one day?
(a) A steak.
(c) Jelly donuts.
12. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
(a) It's dangerous.
(b) Life is clear cut in the ring.
(c) It's therapeutic.
(d) It makes him money.
13. How many fortune cookies does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he recently opened?
14. How much control does Boxer have over his body in round 4?
(a) He is strong like an ox.
(b) He is ready for round 5.
(c) Total control.
(d) Little control.
15. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
(a) Boxer hugs his coach.
(b) Boxer gets the girl.
(c) Boxer calls for help.
(d) Boxer is called to collect his prize.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character of 'The Cliff of Time' ?
2. What does Boxer like to put on his shoes before entering a boxing ring?
3. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
4. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
5. What does Boxer accept at the end of round 4?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)