|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
(a) People will boo.
(b) He will retire.
(c) His boss will fire him.
(d) He will lose his ranking.
2. How many fortune cookies does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he recently opened?
3. During round one of the fight, what does the voice tell Boxer to do?
(a) To bob and weave.
(b) Which moves to make.
(c) To fall down.
(d) To forfeit.
4. At what distance should one keep their opponent according to Boxer?
(a) Close by.
(b) At a distance.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 22 inches.
5. Where is Boxer at the start of round 4?
(a) On his feet.
(b) In the locker room.
(c) On the mat.
(d) On the sidelines.
6. What does the voice ask Boxer after round 2 ends?
(a) If Boxer is sure he wants to win.
(b) If Boxer is ready to quit.
(c) If Boxer wants to lose.
(d) If Boxer understands the coaching advice.
7. What object that Boxer is wearing does he claim is good luck?
(a) His hat.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His trunks.
(d) His socks.
8. What does Boxer say about failing in this business in round 3?
(a) It's hard work.
(b) Failing is not an option.
(c) It's a quick and painful process.
(d) Only losers fail.
9. What does Boxer like to put on his shoes before entering a boxing ring?
10. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
(a) It makes him money.
(b) Life is clear cut in the ring.
(c) It's dangerous.
(d) It's therapeutic.
11. How long does Boxer have to get back into the fight?
(a) 6 seconds.
(b) 2 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 10 seconds.
12. Who is the main character of 'The Cliff of Time' ?
(d) Mr. Kimura.
13. What color is the object that boxer wears for good luck?
14. Why does Boxer say his body feels refreshed prior to the fight?
(a) He had a good night sleep.
(c) He ate a pizza.
(d) He took vitamins.
15. What message is in the fortune cookies that Boxer opens?
(a) "Great fortune arrives on strange horses".
(b) "A windfall is coming your way".
(d) "The tide is coming".
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument signals the end of a round in 'The Cliff of Time'?
2. What does the voice in tell Boxer in round 3?
3. What type of milk does Boxer prefer?
4. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 3?
5. What does the voice in round two tell Boxer to do?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)