|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of milk does Boxer prefer?
2. How many fortune cookies does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he recently opened?
3. What does Boxer ask Mr. Kimura at the start of 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) What time the fight starts.
(b) How his boxing was the other day.
(c) What his weight class is.
(d) How his day was.
4. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 3?
(a) How great he feels.
(b) How bad his opponent is.
(c) How sore he is.
(d) His mother.
5. What object that Boxer is wearing does he claim is good luck?
(a) His socks.
(b) His hat.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His trunks.
6. What will happen if Boxer loses this fight?
(a) He will retire.
(b) His boss will fire him.
(c) People will boo.
(d) He will lose his ranking.
7. Who is the main character of 'The Cliff of Time' ?
(c) Mr. Kimura.
8. What color is the object that boxer wears for good luck?
9. Why is it strange that Boxer rose for work that morning?
(a) It was Saturday.
(b) He works the evening shift.
(c) It was Sunday.
(d) He had been relieved of work duties.
10. What does Boxer think the outcome of the fight will be in round one?
(a) He will lose.
(b) He will knock out his opponent.
(c) He will win.
(d) It will be a tie.
11. What is Boxer determined to do the rest of his life?
(b) Coach boxing.
(d) Eat whatever he wants.
12. What does the audience learn is Boxer's motto in round 2?
(a) "Eat, pray, love".
(b) "A day starts with morning"
(c) "Fight then pray".
(d) "A fight begins even before it begins".
13. What does Boxer admit his lifestyle is doing to him?
(a) Taking a toll on him.
(b) Causing him extra trips to the dentist.
(c) Making him look younger.
(d) Preparing him to fight.
14. What does the voice in round two tell Boxer to do?
(a) Circle the opponent.
(b) Bob and weave.
(d) Play dead.
15. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is doubtful and frightened.
(c) He is both aggressive and cautious.
(d) He is fearful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
2. Why does Boxer say his body feels refreshed prior to the fight?
3. Why does Boxer enjoy the fight?
4. What does Boxer like to put on his shoes before entering a boxing ring?
5. What does Boxer find restrictive about his lifestyle?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)