|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it strange that Boxer rose for work that morning?
(a) It was Saturday.
(b) It was Sunday.
(c) He had been relieved of work duties.
(d) He works the evening shift.
2. What does the voice in round two tell Boxer to do?
(a) Play dead.
(b) Bob and weave.
(d) Circle the opponent.
3. What color is the object that boxer wears for good luck?
4. What thoughts preoccupy Boxer in round 2?
(a) His wife.
(c) His boss.
(d) His diary.
5. What does the voice in tell Boxer in round 3?
(a) To take it easy.
(b) To quit.
(c) To hit low.
(d) To hit high.
6. What emotions does Boxer feel in the first round?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is both aggressive and cautious.
(c) He is doubtful and frightened.
(d) He is fearful.
7. How does the play 'The Cliff of Time' end?
(a) Boxer hugs his coach.
(b) Boxer calls for help.
(c) Boxer is called to collect his prize.
(d) Boxer gets the girl.
8. What does Mr. Kimura look like?
(a) He is invisible.
(b) He is fat and bald.
(c) He is tall and muscular.
(d) He is wide.
9. During round one of the fight, what does the voice tell Boxer to do?
(a) To fall down.
(b) Which moves to make.
(c) To forfeit.
(d) To bob and weave.
10. Why does Boxer say his body feels refreshed prior to the fight?
(a) He had a good night sleep.
(b) He ate a pizza.
(d) He took vitamins.
11. How much control does Boxer have over his body in round 4?
(a) He is strong like an ox.
(b) He is ready for round 5.
(c) Total control.
(d) Little control.
12. How many fortune cookies does Boxer tell Mr. Kimura he recently opened?
13. What instrument signals the end of a round in 'The Cliff of Time'?
(a) A bell.
(b) A gong.
(c) A symbol.
(d) A drum.
14. What does Boxer plead with Mr. Kimura for?
(a) A night out.
(b) Better training.
(c) Another fight.
15. What does Boxer dream of eating one day?
(a) Jelly donuts.
(c) A steak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boxer think the outcome of the fight will be in round one?
2. What does Boxer say won't fail him once he gets into the ring?
3. Where is Boxer at the start of round 4?
4. What is Boxer determined to do the rest of his life?
5. What does the offstage voice tell Boxer it is time for?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)