|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Visitor despise?
2. What does Visitor believe the suitcase responds to in 'Suitcase'?
(a) The sun.
(b) The passing traffic.
(c) The women's conversation.
(d) The moon.
3. Who does Woman say is in the suitcase?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband's ancestors.
(d) Her child.
4. Why does Visitor say Woman has not yet opened the case?
(d) Basic rights.
5. How does Woman prevent Visitor from leaving her house?
(a) She asks Visitor's opinion of her husband.
(b) She begs her to stay.
(c) She locks the door.
(d) She calls her a name.
6. What does Woman think about Visitor's suggestion that she confront her husband about the suitcase?
(a) That it is silly.
(b) The idea terrifies her.
(c) That it is futile.
(d) That it is worth a shot.
7. What are the first sounds that emerge from the suitcase?
(a) Muttering and scraping.
8. What does the audience learn about the character named Woman at the opening of 'Suitcase'?
(a) She is dying.
(b) She is married.
(c) She is divorced.
(d) She has 5 children.
9. What does Woman say is inside the suitcase?
(a) She does not know.
(d) Family Heirlooms.
10. What does the offstage voice warn the women not to forget in 'Suitcase'?
(a) Their friendship.
(b) Their smiles.
(c) Their faith.
(d) Their family.
11. What does Visitor think the suitcase really is?
(b) A trap.
(c) A storage container.
(d) A bomb.
12. Woman claims the object she brings into the room is one thing. What does the audience watching 'Suitcase' realize the object is?
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A man.
(d) A plate of fruit.
13. What is the object Woman brings into the room in 'Suitcase' made of?
14. What does woman wonder out loud about Visitor?
(a) If she like Woman.
(b) Whether she will ever be married.
(c) Whether she can confide in her.
(d) If she will find a job.
15. How many characters are on stage when 'Suitcase' opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Visitor believe is in the suitcase?
2. What does Visitor think is in the suitcase after it makes noise?
3. What does the audience learn about the character named Visitor at the start of 'Suitcase'?
4. What does the voice say can intimidate a smile?
5. What does Visitor determine by looking at the suitcase's lock?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)