|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Woman ask Visitor shortly after revealing the contents of the suitcase?
(a) Whether she should open it.
(b) If she should throw the suitcase away.
(c) Why a suitcase would be in the house.
(d) If she has a suitcase like this.
2. How many legs does Woman say a spider has?
3. How does Visitor think Woman's husband treats his wife in 'Suitcase'?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He hits her.
(d) He worships her.
4. Why can't Woman ignore the suitcase?
(a) The color is so pretty.
(b) It makes too much noise.
(c) It is pervasive and asphyxiating.
(d) She knows there is money in there.
5. What happens when Visitor tries to open the suitcase?
(a) It explodes.
(b) It beings to leak water.
(c) It pops open.
(d) It makes noises.
6. How does Woman react to Visitor's suggestion about her husband's ancestors?
(b) She screams.
(c) She begins to cry.
7. Who does the suitcase in the play 'Suitcase' belong to?
(a) Visitor's husband.
(b) Woman's husband.
(d) Woman's mother.
8. What does Visitor determine by looking at the suitcase's lock?
(a) The lock is complicated.
(b) There is no lock.
(c) The lock can be picked.
(d) The lock can't be picked.
9. What does Visitor believe the suitcase responds to in 'Suitcase'?
(a) The moon.
(b) The women's conversation.
(c) The sun.
(d) The passing traffic.
10. Who does Woman accuse Visitor of collaborating with?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brother.
11. What does Visitor argue that Woman wants to call spiders?
(a) A type of hybrid.
(b) A type of Octopus.
(d) A type of Pony.
12. How do the women feel about the Suitcases speech?
(c) They cry.
13. What is Woman and Visitor's reaction to the noises from the suitcase?
14. What birthday is Mona Lisa celebrating in 'Suitcase'?
15. Why has Woman not yet opened the suitcase?
(a) She is afraid of cameras.
(b) She is afraid of her husband.
(c) The lock is too complicated.
(d) She has no courage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Visitor confused that the suitcase causes Woman so much concern?
2. What does the offstage voice warn the women not to forget in 'Suitcase'?
3. Woman claims the object she brings into the room is one thing. What does the audience watching 'Suitcase' realize the object is?
4. What does Woman tell Visitor is being delivered later in the evening?
5. What does Visitor think the suitcase really is?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)