|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the audience learn about the character named Woman at the opening of 'Suitcase'?
(a) She has 5 children.
(b) She is divorced.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is dying.
2. What does Visitor think the suitcase really is?
(b) A storage container.
(c) A trap.
(d) A bomb.
3. On which body part of Visitor is the hair from the animal?
(a) Her shoulder.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her elbow.
(d) Her head.
4. What does Visitor determine by looking at the suitcase's lock?
(a) The lock can be picked.
(b) There is no lock.
(c) The lock is complicated.
(d) The lock can't be picked.
5. Who does Woman accuse Visitor of collaborating with?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her husband.
6. What does Woman think about Visitor's suggestion that she confront her husband about the suitcase?
(a) That it is worth a shot.
(b) That it is silly.
(c) That it is futile.
(d) The idea terrifies her.
7. When the suitcase opens what does advice does Woman ask Visitor for?
(a) Whether she should marry Man.
(b) What she should do with the contents.
(c) Whether she should look instead.
(d) Whether she should throw the suitcase away.
8. In 'Suitcase' what is Visitor not interested in speaking about?
9. What does Visitor think is in the suitcase after it makes noise?
(a) Something alive.
(b) A child.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A radio.
10. What question does Woman ask Visitor shortly after revealing the contents of the suitcase?
(a) Why a suitcase would be in the house.
(b) If she has a suitcase like this.
(c) If she should throw the suitcase away.
(d) Whether she should open it.
11. What does Woman say is inside the suitcase?
(a) She does not know.
(c) Family Heirlooms.
12. What does woman wonder out loud about Visitor?
(a) If she will find a job.
(b) Whether she can confide in her.
(c) Whether she will ever be married.
(d) If she like Woman.
13. What does Visitor ask Woman for when the suitcase begins to make noise?
(a) Her husband's phone number.
(b) More information.
(c) A kleenex.
(d) A knife.
14. Who does Woman say is in the suitcase?
(a) Her child.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband's ancestors.
(d) Her mother.
15. What does Visitor tell Woman the suitcase is testing?
(c) Blood pressure.
(d) Faith and trust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious belief does Visitor suggest Woman's husband believes in?
2. How many legs does Woman say a spider has?
3. What are the first sounds that emerge from the suitcase?
4. Woman claims the object she brings into the room is one thing. What does the audience watching 'Suitcase' realize the object is?
5. How does Visitor think Woman's husband treats his wife in 'Suitcase'?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)