|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Visitor believe the suitcase responds to in 'Suitcase'?
(a) The sun.
(b) The passing traffic.
(c) The women's conversation.
(d) The moon.
2. What does Woman tell Visitor is being delivered later in the evening?
(a) Chinese food.
(b) A pizza.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A suitcase.
3. How does Woman prevent Visitor from leaving her house?
(a) She calls her a name.
(b) She begs her to stay.
(c) She locks the door.
(d) She asks Visitor's opinion of her husband.
4. In the play 'Suitcase', who begins speaking about Mona Lisa?
(c) A voice offstage.
5. What does Visitor tell Woman the suitcase is testing?
(c) Blood pressure.
(d) Faith and trust.
6. What question does Woman ask Visitor shortly after revealing the contents of the suitcase?
(a) Why a suitcase would be in the house.
(b) If she should throw the suitcase away.
(c) If she has a suitcase like this.
(d) Whether she should open it.
7. What does the offstage voice in 'Suitcase' compare the women's smiles too?
(c) Crazy people.
8. What does Visitor think the suitcase really is?
(a) A storage container.
(c) A trap.
(d) A bomb.
9. Who does Woman say is in the suitcase?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her husband's ancestors.
(d) Her child.
10. How much does the suitcase weigh?
(a) 22 lbs.
(b) It is heavy.
(c) It is almost weightless.
(d) 35 lbs.
11. Why can't Woman ignore the suitcase?
(a) It is pervasive and asphyxiating.
(b) The color is so pretty.
(c) She knows there is money in there.
(d) It makes too much noise.
12. What is Woman and Visitor's reaction to the noises from the suitcase?
13. Woman claims the object she brings into the room is one thing. What does the audience watching 'Suitcase' realize the object is?
(a) A plate of fruit.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A man.
14. What does the offstage voice warn the women not to forget in 'Suitcase'?
(a) Their faith.
(b) Their smiles.
(c) Their family.
(d) Their friendship.
15. What does the speaker in 'Suitcase' compare Mona Lisa's smile to?
(b) A ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the suitcase finally open?
2. What does the audience learn about the character named Visitor at the start of 'Suitcase'?
3. How many characters are on stage when 'Suitcase' opens?
4. What does Woman telephone for at the end of 'Suitcase'?
5. What does Woman think about the suitcase?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)