|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the play 'Suitcase', who begins speaking about Mona Lisa?
(d) A voice offstage.
2. What birthday is Mona Lisa celebrating in 'Suitcase'?
3. How does Woman prevent Visitor from leaving her house?
(a) She calls her a name.
(b) She locks the door.
(c) She asks Visitor's opinion of her husband.
(d) She begs her to stay.
4. What comment does Visitor make about Woman's marriage?
(a) It lacks passion.
(b) The marriage is strong.
(c) The marriage is falling apart.
(d) Woman found her soulmate.
5. What question does Woman ask Visitor shortly after revealing the contents of the suitcase?
(a) Whether she should open it.
(b) If she has a suitcase like this.
(c) Why a suitcase would be in the house.
(d) If she should throw the suitcase away.
6. What religious belief does Visitor suggest Woman's husband believes in?
7. What does the voice say can intimidate a smile?
(c) A dark cloud.
8. After asking Visitor if she can keep a secret, what does Woman bring into the room?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A diary.
9. What does the offstage voice in 'Suitcase' compare the women's smiles too?
(d) Crazy people.
10. What does Visitor determine by looking at the suitcase's lock?
(a) The lock can be picked.
(b) The lock is complicated.
(c) The lock can't be picked.
(d) There is no lock.
11. What article of clothing does Visitor think reveals Woman's husband's personality?
(a) His necktie.
(b) His pants.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His shirts.
12. What is the object Woman brings into the room in 'Suitcase' made of?
13. What does Visitor think the suitcase really is?
(a) A trap.
(c) A bomb.
(d) A storage container.
14. What does Woman telephone for at the end of 'Suitcase'?
(a) A plumber.
(b) Chinese food.
(c) An electrician.
(d) A pizza.
15. What does Woman think about the suitcase?
(a) That it is cause for concern.
(b) That her mother should have picked a different color.
(c) That Visitor packs a lot.
(d) That it is nothing to worry about.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker in 'Suitcase' compare Mona Lisa's smile to?
2. What does the audience learn about the character named Visitor at the start of 'Suitcase'?
3. When does the suitcase finally open?
4. What animal is the hair on Visitor from?
5. What does Woman say is inside the suitcase?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)